Bentsi-Enchill, Letsa & Ankomah has an excellent infrastructure projects practice that is jointly headed by Seth Asante and Seyram Dzikunu. Dzikunu has extensive experience of corporate and commercial transactions and her practice focuses on energy, infrastructure and natural resources. Kojo Bentsi-Enchill is now a consultant at the firm. The highly respected team advises on a broad range of issues that impact on the mining and energy sectors in particular. Seth Asante is also well regarded.
Infrastructure projects in Ghana
Seth Asante; Seyram Dzikunu
Other key lawyers:
A.P. Moller Capital
Appolonia Dev. Co Ltd
Ministry of Finance
Platinum Properties Ltd
Ghana Investment Infrastructure Fund (GIIF)
F&H Development (Holding) SAL
- Acting as legal advisor to a sponsor on a road rehabilitation project.
- Acting as sub-consultant to PricewaterhouseCoopers Ghana Limited as legal transaction advisor to the Ministry of Railways Development.
- Acting as sub-consultant to Deloitte as legal transaction advisor to the Ministry of Finance
ENSafrica has a committed project development team that has considerable cross-border capabilities. It advises some of the world’s leading organisations and bilateral agencies and also acts for many indigenous Ghanaian companies and small and medium enterprises. The group acts for clients across a wide range of sectors and has developed specialist knowledge of mining, energy and telecoms in particular. The firm has played a pivotal role in some big-ticket infrastructure projects and has advised on various large-scale projects including on the construction of power plants, petroleum products storage tank farms, major national roads, luxury apartment buildings and commercial real estate developments. Paa Kwesi Morrison and Rachel Dagadu are noted. Elikem Nutifafa Kuenyehia left the firm.
Other key lawyers:
Paa Kwesi Morrison; Rachel Dagadu
‘Country knowledge and first-rate legal knowledge. I have worked closely with Rachel Dagadu for many years. She is a first-rate lawyer. Responsive and hands on. Always a pleasure to work with.‘
Deutsche Bank AG
UK Export Finance
Growthpoint Investec Africa Properties Limited
Red Sea Gateway Terminals
Amandi Investment Limited
The Export-Import Bank of China
KfW IPEX-Bank GmbH
Standard Chartered Bank
- Advising Deutsche Bank AG and the United Kingdom Export Finance on the financing for the redevelopment of Phase III of the Kumasi Airport.
- Provided advice to Deutsche Bank on a financing to the Ministry of Finance for the construction of the new Takoradi Market in Ghana.
- Advised Redsea Gateway Terminals Company Limited on the award of a concession by the Ghana Ports and Harbours Authority to Redsea Gateway Terminals Company Limited (as project company) to develop an oil and gas services hub in the Port of Tema.
NanaAma Botchway heads the department at N. Dowuona & Company, which is best known for representing developers in the energy and infrastructure sectors. It routinely advises on the regulation of oil, gas, power and railways as well as other areas such as ports and harbours, telecoms and construction. It has advised companies in the midstream and the downstream sectors of the oil and gas industries as well as those active in the renewable energy sector. The practice is skilled across the board in marine and transportation as well as in upstream and downstream oil and gas. It also regularly works with international law firms on important projects. Achiaa Akobour Debrah was promoted to the partnership.
Other key lawyers:
Achiaa Akobour Debrah
Prime Meridian Docks Ghana Limited
Team Engineering Spa and Vision Consult Limited
Appolonia Development Company Limited