Infrastructure projects in Ghana
Bentsi-Enchill, Letsa & Ankomah's infrastructure projects team is jointly led by Kojo Bentsi-Enchill and Seyram Dzikunu. In their capacity as sub-consultants to PwC Ghana, Bentsi-Enchill and Divine Letsa are assisting the Ministry of Railways Development with the development of the Eastern Railway Line.
Kojo Bentsi-Enchill; Seyram Dzikunu
Appolonia Development Company
Meridian Ports Services
Ministry of Finance
IBC Equity Partners
A.P. Moller Capital
- Acted as consultants to the Ministry of Finance on the drafting of a Legislative Instrument (Regulations) for the draft Public Private Partnership (PPP) Bill that is currently being considered in Cabinet.
- Providing legal and regulatory advice to a potential concessionaire on the redevelopment of arterial roads to the Tema Port.
- Acted as legal counsel to Meridian Port Services Limited on the expansion of connecting roads to the Tema Port.
ENSafrica's infrastructure projects practice handles the full life cycle of energy and infrastructure projects, including the construction of national roads, apartment buildings and power plants. It also assists clients with project finance transactions, permits and regulatory matters. Paa Kwesi Morrison is advising GuarantCo on a facility to Early Power Limited to finance the construction of a 400MW LPG-fired combined cycle gas turbine plant, and associated LPG fuel storage and transportation infrastructure in Ghana. Morrison co-heads the practice with Elikem Nutifafa Kuenyehia.
Paa Kwesi Morrison; Elikem Nutifafa Kuenyehia
- Advising Deutsche Bank on a $55m commercial loan facility to the Government of Ghana to finance the rehabilitation and auxiliary infrastructure of Kumasi Inner Ring Road and adjacent streets.
- Advising Amandi Holding Limited on an agreement with the Ghana Infrastructure Investment Fund over the construction of an oil jetty for Ibistek Limited.
- Advising Ghana International Bank on a $20m facility to the Ghana Civil Aviation Authority for the construction of a head office complex.
Kimathi & Partners, Corporate Attorneys practice advises on a wide range of infrastructure projects in Ghana, including the expansion of harbours, docks and the development of broadband networks.
N. Dowuona & Company, which acts for large multinational companies and domestic entities, is active in major PPP projects, industrial projects and commercial agricultural projects, among others. NanaAma Botchway, who is 'committed to the delivery of world-class legal services', is the head of the team. Botchway is advising Team Engineering Spa and Vision Consult on The Accra-Ouagadougou Railway Project, which involves the construction of a 1100km standard gauge railway line from the port of Teme to Ouagadougou on a design, build, operate and transfer (DBOT) basis.
‘The amount of energy invested by the firm in the top segment of the market is outstanding, especially considering the challenges when you want to stand-out in this market.’
‘I can say that NanaAma and the team at N Dowuona & Company have been extremely responsive in their engagement and diligent in any unprompted follow-ups. I’m very happy for NanaAma’s to be our ‘go-to’ team in Ghana, without hesitation.’
‘The global approach of the Managing Partner of the Company clearly makes her standing out in a local market where a lot is still left to be done for similar companies to gain a recognised status of global firms. Her experience in Ghana, together with the great added value of her exposure matured abroad in different sectors, makes a difference in a market were an exclusive local imprint is still the rule and not the exception.’
‘The investment carried out by the Company since its inception, in giving the required international exposure to the main associates is outstanding, as are the obtained results.’
‘I have been working only with the Managing Partner and two of the associates, but the positive work environment set up by the three of them is clearly involve and engage the majority of the staff.’
‘NanaAma Botchway – Excellent leader, dynamic and prompt. NanaAma is committed to the delivery of world-class legal services in Ghana. She is on top of her game and ahead of the pack.’
‘Gwendy Bannerman is always polite, prompt and on the money. She is utterly reliable and fastidiously knowledgeable.’
Prime Meridian Docks Ghana Limited
Appolonia Development Company Limited
- Acting for Appolonia Development Company Limited on the development of a large-scale residential complex in Appolonia City by Rendeavour, in partnership with the Harborough Limited.
- Assisting Puma Energy on the acquisition/leasing of various fuel retail sites across Ghana as part of its retail network expansion programme.
- Advising JMC Projects on various legal and regulatory issues in connection with its execution of road construction contracts with the Ghana Highways Authority Ghana.