The ‘helpful and eager’ lawyers of Cobalt‘s team are led by Jaanus Mody and have been involved in a large amount of disputes and major landmark cases, such as representing Olympic Entertainment Group (OEG) in defending against a civic claim of former minority shareholders of OEG. The team is comprised of 3 partners and 27 non-partners, with the ability of servicing clients in cross-border mandates in Latvia and Lithuania. Liina Linsi has extensive experience in litigation and is internationally recognised in civil and administrative disputes. Margus Mugu has represented clients in litigation and arbitration arising while organising and conducting public procurements. Kadri Matteus is seen as one of the most renowned public procurement lawyers in Estonia, having advised contracting authorities and entrepreneurs on a wide range of issues.
Dispute resolution in Estonia
Other key lawyers:
Liina Linsi; Margus Mugu; Kadri Matteus; Kadri Michelson
‘Collaboration was perfect.’
‘Lembit will take ownership of your problems, hence the client won’t have any problems.’
‘The team is full of high-profile professionals who are focused and business oriented. Together as a team they have accumulated years of experience in every field of activity.’
KJK Sports S.A.R.L
Nordic Aviation Group AS
Olympic Entertainment Group
Port of Tallinn
Teva Pharmaceutical Industries
- Represented VKG against Enefit Power in one of the most significant competition disputes in Estonia with the whole length of different proceedings of over 7 years and worth of reciprocal claims of over 80 million euros.
- Representing Olympic Entertainment Group in civil proceedings regarding buying out minority shareholders, creating legal practice in aspects for the squeeze-out of publicly listed companies which are relevant to give legal certainty to foreign investors.
- Advised Baltika in reorganization proceedings and helped the company in a radical turnaround that prevented the permanent insolvency of one of the oldest and biggest retail companies in the Baltics.
Ellex‘s dispute resolution team has been involved in several landmark disputes with major impacts on the market and entrepreneurship. The team also offers significant experience in international arbitration across London, Stockholm, Helsinki and Luxembourg. Arne Ots is highly recognised and well regarded by both clients and peers for his work, with a focus on corporate and general civil law disputes. Toomas Vaher is recognised as a leading dispute resolution partner and has advised clients on a number of large and complex precedent-setting matters. Martin-Johannes Raude has expertise covering corporate matters, construction and public procurement, as well as administrative law.
Other key lawyers:
Toomas Vaher; Martin-Johannes Raude; Anton Sigal
‘It is hard to compare Ellex with other firms since I don’t have much contact with other firms but I think for me the best part is that they have all kinds of lawyers (with different fields) and it is easy to find a specific lawyer when needed.’
‘This practice has strong lawyers who are also easy to communicate with. They are good at disputes but also it is very easy to work together when dealing with a dispute. Sometimes it is hard to work with some lawyers as they have their own vision or it is hard for them to explain the legal part to people who have nothing to do with law but people in Ellex are always open to new ideas, corrections and are very good with all kinds of people.’
‘Their team is easy to communicate with. My main contact persons are always available or ready to revert swiftly and to the point and practical advice is always just a phone call or email away. Their expertise covers all areas that I have needed help with, and the exact size and composition of teams depend on the nature of the task that needs to be dealt with.’
Ministry of Education and Research of the Republic of Estonia
Telia Company AB
AS Tallink Grupp
Graanul Invest group
Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Estonia
Brave Capital OÜ
- Representing the Estonian Government in an investment arbitration claim brought by ELA USA Inc., a company controlled by Mr. Alexander Rotko, under the bilateral investment protection treaty between Estonia and the United States in Permanent Court of Arbitration in Hague.
- Advised Enefit Green AS in a dispute over the merger approval granted by the Competition Authority for the acquisition of Nelja Energia AS by Enefit Green AS in one of the largest Estonian M&A deals ever (500 mEUR).
- Representing Taali Grupp OÜ, the individual shareholder and bankruptcy trustees in several connected cases against AS Saaremaa Laevakompanii and related companies which has over time resulted in over 20 court disputes, two arbitration cases and given grounds for criminal investigations due to missing assets.
Sorainen has a strong reputation in matters involving insolvency and restructuring, litigation, public procurement, international arbitration, white-collar crime investigations, as well as shareholder, employment and competition disputes. The team is led by Carri Ginter, Allar Jõks and Norman Aas, one of the most experienced practitioners in the field. Triin Toom stands out for her work in complex financial disputes, as well as contentious matters involving cross-border elements and EU laws.
Carri Ginter; Allar Jõks; Norman Aas, Kadri Härginen
Other key lawyers:
‘Personable approach, strong legal fundamentals and strategic nous. Great strength in depth.’
‘Sorainen are very approachable and are always available to respond to any questions or requests. They coordinate the flow of information and discussions between client and expert exceptionally well.’
‘One of Sorainen’s many strengths compared to other law firms is that they are proactive and always on top of case management. Another point I must mention is that Sorainen were very much across the technical details which was very useful, more so than many other law firms.’
Strong professional team, very good legal knowledge, fast communication, transparency in communication. Very good collaboration.’
‘Sorainen takes a holistic approach to the legal issue and this approach may lead to unorthodox legal strategies in resolving disputes. Very clear goal is solving the issue and choosing the best strategy for the client. Non-linear strategies. We have been working with Sorainen for well over 10 years. As far as I can remember, their success rate in dispute resolving has been 100%. We do not have similar success rate with any other law firm.’
‘Sorainen has a highly professional team with 360 degree expertise available for you 24/7. The approach is individual, contact-making easy and personal. A true gamechanger in its field. They are a strong partner with whom we can face global challenges of our industry together. Long time co-operation gives extra value as our setup and organisation and way of operating does not need any introduction.’
Sorainen’s whole team demonstrated both strong local law knowledge and international arbitration experience. Such sophisticated operators are a rare find in small legal markets such as Estonia. They were very commercial in outlook and delivered a high quality service.’
Tallinn City Government
Tallinn Education Department
Estonian Water Works Association
- Successfully represented Enefit Power in a court dispute over the results of an open competition for a sales contract of oil shale oil worth $55m.
- Successfully represented the Tallinn Education Board in seven public procurement disputes which arose in a major public tender for catering services in Estonia, impacting nearly half of all the municipal schools in Tallinn.
- Successfully represented KPMG in their dispute with the Estonian Auditing Activities Oversight Board.
Eversheds Sutherland Ots & Co fields a formidable dispute resolution team, being renowned for its broad experience and expertise in advising numerous governmental agencies, as well as private business leaders in various economic sectors. The firm’s litigation team is well-known with regard to appeals to the Court of Justice of the European Union, with Toomas Pikamäe also representing a number of clients in the CJEU. Raiko Lipstok heads the firm’s litigation and dispute management area and is a member of the arbitral tribunal for resolution of insurance disputes. Erko-Andreas Roosik stands out for having advised and represented clients in disputes which have shaped Estonian law.
Raiko Lipstok; Toomas Pikamäe
Other key lawyers:
‘Toomas Pikamäe- his papers are excellent, he is very thorough and precise, always focused on the details, answers quickly and exhaustively, brilliant at court. Kaarel Berg- writes very good papers and gives feedback thoroughly, very trustworthy, delivers the promises Raiko Lipstok- he is precise and writes good papers, good negotiator.’
‘I have a very good cooperation with this office. When I choose a representative, I’m not really choosing an agency, I’m choosing a specific person.’
‘I mainly collaborate with Raiko Lipstok. He always gives honest and unbiased answers to the problem. It also gets an honest assessment of whether or not litigation is likely to end favorably for us.’
What distinguishes Raiko Lipstok from many other lawyers is that if the problem concerns topics from another field (for example, technical issues), he gets to know the matter, including technical issues, in detail.’
‘Answers phone calls and e-mails outside of working hours and on vacation.’
‘It’s always easy to see what you’re being billed for.’
The Estonian Transportation Administration
Hiina Pott OÜ and Hiina Pada OÜ
Jalgpalliklubi Tallinna Kalev
The Estonian Aviation Academy
- Represented CONEX OÜ in a claim brought by TYCOON OÜ against our client to disrupt the enforcement process of the damages. TYCOON lodged multiple complaints with the court but was unsuccessful. This obstruction attempt of the debtor was highly unusual and is one of the many aspects that makes this case significant.
- Acted for Midfield OÜ in a case where the Political Parties Financing Surveillance Committee demanded MTÜ Eesti Keskerakond, the biggest political party in Estonia currently participating in government coalition, to pay ca 1,1 million euros to the client.
- Acting for The Estonian Aviation Academy as it carried out applied research on the request of Instigo Eesti OÜ. However, the latter claims that the applied research does not meet certain requirements and in addition, its outcome has been used in the interests of their competitor, which constitutes a breach of the intellectual property their rights. Thus, Instigo Eesti OÜ submitted a claim against the client in court for the compensation of damages amounting to 850 000 euros.
FORT has expertise in disputes related to insolvency and reorganisation proceedings in which the team regularly represent bankruptcy trustees and other clients in high stakes insolvency related litigation proceedings. The firm is also active in disputes in the commercial real estate sector and public procurement, as well as representing clients in litigation proceedings before the Public Procurement Review Committee and administrative court. Kuldar Jaan-Torokoff is an expert in transaction and dispute resolution mandates with a focus on complex commercial litigation. Andreas Veeret is the head of the dispute management practice and has represented clients in disputes related to property, employment and commercial law.
Other key lawyers:
‘Very good mix of talented and experienced civil and administrative law specialists makes the firm unique in the market to tackle most complicated disputes. I also admire their approach guiding the disputes mostly to a compromise – I feel that they genuinely care for the best interest of our business, not just having a long legally interesting dispute.’
‘Andreas Veeret is responsible for civil disputes. Sharp guy who remembers everything and goes straight to the point. I think no call with him has ever lasted more than 10-15 minutes max.’
Kuldar-Jaan Torokoff is the experienced strategist – he is often involved in disputes in order to guide the process to a beneficial compromise and takes care of negotiations in a calm and confident manner.’
Estonian Police and Border Guard Board
East Capital Real Estate
Eesti Taastuvenergia Koda
- Representing EfTEN in litigation proceedings against a former lessee.
- Representing Nordea Bank Abp Estonian branch in litigation proceedings against a former lender.
- Representing Complium and several other companies in administrative court proceedings against the Estonian Financial Intelligence Unit regarding the refusal to issue activity licenses in the field of cryptocurrency.
Glikman Alvin LEVIN
Glikman Alvin LEVIN‘s dispute resolution practice is well regarded in Estonia for its work in contentious matters such as criminal defence in white collar crime cases, administrative court proceedings, arbitration and sports law. The ‘extremely bright and creative’ Paul Keres has over eleven years of experience and oversees litigation and bankruptcy proceedings, contentious compliance matters, constitutional affairs and sports arbitration.
‘Best Estonian law office.’
‘Paul Keres is one of the best lawyers around. Extremely bright, creative and trying to Support the Client in any way.’
LEADELL Pilv has a strong reputation in dispute resolution and arbitration proceedings, representing high profile clients in various sectors such as cross-border disputes in corporate matters, insolvency proceedings and real estate. Aivar Pilv stands out for his specialisms within dispute resolution for his work in litigation and skills in arbitration. Pirkka- Marja Põldvere is recognised for her exceptional knowledge within matters that often involve cross-border issues, while Marko Pilv has acted in several complex white collar crime cases and civil cases.
Other key lawyers:
Aivar Pilv; Marko Pilv
‘The people I have worked with are very friendly, trustworthy and very thorough in what they do. I have noticed that they delve into the raw data, make and think connections of different information, think through different options and do a lot of preliminary work. I think that the employees of Leadell Pilv Law office are the best to work with in Estonia.’
‘I have collaborated the most with Marko Pilv. He is a very reliable lawyer. Marko listens to the facts. Asks additional questions and understands the nature of the problem very well. Marko can offer several real options for solving the situation, and together with him you can find the best solution to strive for. It must also be said that Marko has a very good memory and he remembers detailed information about the things that have been discussed. Marko is a very reliable lawyer who can be trusted in any situation.’
Eesti Keskerakond MTÜ
Titan Engineering OÜ
Enefit Kaevandused AS and Enefit Solutions AS
AS Saaremaa Laevakompanii
Estkompexim Toitlustus OÜ
Zircon Group OÜ
Redgate Capital AS
Sulane Ehitab OÜ
Marina Minerals OÜ
- Represented Enefit Kaevandused AS, a state owned oil shell mining company in Estonia, in a successful defence of the interest of the company in a criminal court in first instance in May 2021.
- Defending the party of the former Prime Minister of Estonia – Eesti Keskerakond in a criminal case where the party is suspected in Influence peddling with regards of constructing the access road to one of the biggest commercial real estate development projects in the Baltics – Porto Franco.
- Representation of Sulane Ehitab OÜ in various construction disputes with sub-contractors, including related to a cross-border enforcement of European Enforcement order.
Magnusson is distinctly focused on cross-border disputes and asset recovery. The firm covers mandates across the Nordic and Baltic regions, benefiting from its network of offices across Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Latvia and Lithuania. Denis Piskunov 's expertise lies in commercial disputes and international arbitration, while Kaidar Sultson has extensive experience working with industry-leading companies across real estate, construction, energy, industrial, banking and finance.
Denis Piskunov; Kaidar Sultson
‘As a person foreign to Estonia, I found the teams communication outstanding. Clear and easily understood.’
The team were also very pleasant to converse with and made me feel comfortable from the introductory meet.’
‘Dennis was my primary contact. What impressed me the most was his approach to communication. Responses given on time, follow up was carried out, and just ‘checking in’ to see how things were(at no cost) gave me a feeling of confidence and honesty in what he does.’
‘Magnusson Estonia has a team of strong litigators that have demonstrated a high level of professionalism and dedication throughout already some years. With a unique regional Nordic-Baltic reach they have notable expertise in cross-border cases. In addition, the team stands out for responsiveness, client-focused approach, and strong project management skills. Magnusson attorneys have a commercial approach, and their legal advice is always tailored to the client’s line of business.’
‘Mr Denis Piskunov is a skilled attorney able to ensure that the client’s best interests are always looked out for. He is highly responsive, has a very client-focused approach and is always able to come up with solutions that bear in mind our long-term business goals and save us time and money on the long run.’
‘When you open the door for the first time, you find yourself in your family, and your problems are no longer your personal ones, but the problems of the whole family. In the modern world, people lack human care and participation, nothing personal, only business. Magnusson is the opposite. Your problem becomes their problem, and a solution will be found no matter how much effort it takes to achieve the desired result. The result will be. Not even death can stop Magnussen.’
‘It is difficult for me to evaluate, as a businessman, the professionalism of lawyers, but I got the feeling that these are people from a parallel reality, despite the fact that we live at the same time on the same planet. They look at the situation from so many different angles and, moreover, look at it as if under a microscope that it simply amazes and shocks you. I am talking personally about Denis Piskunov and those of his colleagues in other countries with whom he cooperates .’
‘Their ability to coordinate complex cross-jurisdictional cases is remarkable. Amazing communication with the client.’
Investors of crowdfunding platforms Envestio, Kuetzal, Monethera, Crowdestor, Wisefund, Lenndy and TFGCrowd
Plaut International Limited
UPM- Kymmene Otepää
- Representing over 4000 local and international investors in large class action bankruptcy and criminal proceedings against multiple crowdfunding platforms. The cases are significant as they have unravelled the biggest crowdfunding fraud in the Baltics with claims as high as 30 M euros.
- Represented Hilton Commercial in a court dispute against OAO BZMP, one of the leading manufacturers of medical products based in Belarus.
- Representing an affiliate marketing network Advendor in two different disputes with the main complex dispute revolving around a payment claim and the significant aspect of verification of the technical details.
NOVE is a boutique firm specialising in complex business-related litigation. civil and administrative litigation and insurance litigation. Partner Veikko Puolakainen has more than twenty years of experience in litigation and has represented a number of top clients in the government sector. Kristjan Tamm benefits from his experience within engineering to provide a specialist approach to construction litigation, while Mari Past is noted for her experience in competition law and public procurement.
Veikko Puolakainen; Arsi Pavelts
Other key lawyers:
Mari Past; Veiko Vaske; Kristjan Tamm
‘NOVE dispute resolution team consists of highly respected professionals. They are available when in need and possess great knowledge of our industry which makes it very easy to engage them as the counsels and achieve great results in complicated disputes.’
‘Veikko Puolakainen has a solid experience and great reputation in dispute resolution. He is our go-to person in case we have high value and time critical legal problems to solve. Veiko Vaske is well respected professional in state tenders and real estate and planning legal areas having assisted us with several such cases.’
‘They are well informed, solution-oriented and respond quickly.’
Ministry of Culture
West Tallinn Central Hospital
SEBE AS (Member of Mootor Group)
Coop Põlva Tarbijate Ühistu
Estonian Land Department
Combimill Sakala OÜ
IBE Estonia OÜ
Riigi Kinnisvara AS (Center of Excellence)
Estonian Heritage Board
- Represented the Estonian Republic Ministry of Culture in a dispute regarding ownership of founded treasure (old coins) and priceless wooden sculpture from Middle Ages. Representation involved Harju County Court and Tallinn Circuit Court.
- Represented the Saaremaa municipality (the contracting authority) in the public procurement of the design and construction works for the reconstruction of the school building in the Public Procurement Review Committee and in the subsequent litigation in Tallinn Administrative Court and Tallinn Circuit Court.
- Represented Coop Põlva Tarbijate Ühistu (member of biggest retail trade chain in Estonia) in a fundamental commercial law dispute in Tartu County Court. The dispute was related to the termination of the status of a member of the commercial association.
TGS Baltic continues to be a prominent firm in the field of dispute resolution, offering comprehensive legal support in real estate, tax, insolvency, transport, energy, competition, finance and white-collar crime. The team is led by former Minister of Justice and professor, Paul Varul, alongside Martti Peetsalu, a renowned litigator who has been successful in bringing fifteen cases to the Supreme Court. Co-head Chirag Mody is an experienced litigator who has been involved in major arbitration cases.
Other key lawyers:
‘The team is a well-oiled machine consisting of a large number of individuals with great, mutually complementing skills. The team has a proven expertise in the realm of competition law, especially as regards its private enforcement by means of damages claims. They have a thorough knowledge of the applicable laws and deliver efficient and client-oriented advice.’
‘Chirag Mody – He is a great lawyer combining deep legal expertise with a strong acumen. When litigating a case, he is able to walk the client through the whole process. He designs effective strategies, has superb drafting skills and is a great communicator. His English is impeccable.’
‘Good communication with a specialist in the field of logistics.’
‘Good personal connection and results in development of solving questions.’
Port of Tallinn
Rimi Eesti Food
Dreymoor Fertilizers Ltd
AS Kesko Senukai Estonia
Estonian official Anti-Doping Agencies
TS Laevad OÜ and TS Shipping OÜ
- Representing the Estonian agriculture company Tartu Agro in the European Union General Court (oral hearing) in disputing the European Commission decision finding illegal state aid being given to Tartu Agro.
- Representing Swedbank in several cases against Alberta Trade OÜ’s former board members Vassili and Nikolai Galaganov who gave Swedbank their personal guarantee. Claims presented against both board members amount to ca 26 MUSD. The court of first instance ruled in favour of Swedbank in both bankruptcy cases, recognizing Swedbank’s claims in full.
- Representing the Maltese ride-sharing software company Taxmal against the Estonian ride-sharing company Bolt in a dispute over the illegal cancellation of a franchise agreement by Bolt. This case is significant as it concerns the new wave of information technology companies, which relates to both high-tech and physical asset issues affecting the sharing economy tech companies.
WALLESS (former Derling Primus)
The ‘incredibly resourceful‘ team at WALLESS (former Derling Primus) has broad experience in handling disputes in a number of sectors and industries, representing clients in criminal, administrative and general jurisdiction courts, as well as before arbitration panels. Notably, the firm has been engaged in a number of matters revolving around environmental and infrastructure litigation, with environmental law being considered a core area of expertise for the team. Piret Kergandberg has represented clients in litigation in controversial matters connected with the Rail Baltica Global Project. Erki Kergandberg is the head of the Dispute Resolution team, representing clients in administrative, civil and criminal proceedings, while Elmer Muna has a practice focused on commercial litigation and white-collar crime defence, often overseeing matters within the fintech sector.
Erki Kergandberg; Elmer Muna
Other key lawyers:
Piret Kergandberg; Evelin Lisett Ratnik
‘Elmer Muna is one of the best and smartest litigation attorneys in Estonia. I can always recommend him without hesitation.’
‘The team and those who work there on our cases, entertain two critical characteristics – integrity and uncompromised professional attitude. Very high standard of collaboration where both the big picture and detail is addressed.’
‘We work with Elmer Muna 10 years. We value his attitude and ability to comprehend complicated multi-layered playing field. Likewise we appreciate his immediate team.’
N.R. Energy OÜ
AmEst Haldus OÜ
AS Liwathon E.O.S
AS Cresco and AS Cresco Väärtpaberid
Institutional minority shareholders of Olympic Entertainment Group AS (OEG
Est Wind Power
University of Tartu
Estonian Association of Media Enterprises
Piiratud Vastutusega SCE E-Piim
- Defending a renown Estonian entrepreneur Mr Hillar Teder in one of the most notable and high-profile Estonian corruption cases in recent years.
- Defending the former CEO and several other former members of the management board of Estonia’s largest bank — Swedbank AS — against money laundering charges in a highly mediatised prosecution case.
- Representing institutional minority shareholders including East Capital, Firebird Management, Invesco, INVL Asset Management, and Trigon Asset Management in a court dispute over the squeeze-out price paid for the shares of Olympic Entertainment Group by majority shareholder Novalpina Capital Partners I GP S.à r.l.
LEXTAL‘s practice is focused on M&A disputes, banking and finance litigation in the Baltic regions, insurance litigation and white-collar and criminal defence work. Oliver Nääs is head of the white-collar crime team and is involved in the most significant public interest criminal cases in Estonia. Magnus Braun is focused on fraud and asset tracking alongside commercial and insolvency litigation, while Ave-Ly Kõuts stands out for her specialism in corporate and tax matters, advising clients in both national and international matters.
Other key lawyers:
Oliver Nääs; Ave-Ly Kõuts; Kristi Rande
‘I find that the work of the company’s team is unified and well organised.’
‘Oliver Nääs and Kristi Rande are both the best and leading criminal law lawyers in our country, cooperation with them has been unparalleled.’
Mia Bella Trisna
AS Trasta Komercbanka
- Represented the client Mia Belle Trisna in the court of first instance. Mia Belle Trisna is a former successful soccer player, who shocked the public by confessing in 2021 TV show Õhtu that her coach sexually abused her for years, when she was 14 years old.
- Acting for client Hubert Hirv who is charged with formation of criminal organisation that was directed to committing economic crimes. The nature of this alleged criminal organisation – committing economic crimes – has never before been dealt with in Estonian court practice.
- Represented Ragn-Sells AS in the Court of Cassation regarding the dispute. It is recognised as one of the most important court cases on the insurance sector during last 20 years.
NJORD Law Firm‘s dispute resolution team is known for its experience in real estate and construction litigation, international arbitration and employment litigation. Over the past twelve months, the firm has received a significant amount of growth in IP disputes and industry sector disputes, alongside seeing its work in white-collar crime litigation increase. Triinu Hiob is best known for her knowledge and experience in domestic and international arbitration, while Katrin Sarap is a well-known employment litigation lawyer in Estonia. Ann Tarkin recently joined the firm from KPMG Law in Estonia and Grete Savila also joined from Glikman Alvin LEVIN.
Other key lawyers:
Katrin Sarap; Ann Tarkin; Grete Savila
ERGO Insurance SE
Pärnu City Government
EBS Campus OÜ
Dr Verner Fogel
Inchcape Motors AS
EBS Campus OÜ
- Represented ERGO Insurance successfully in court regarding their claim for recourse against Magnetic MRO, a technical care aviation solutions provider, based on guarantee insurance.
- Assisted and represented one of the Estonia’s leading steel producers in a dispute with a sanctioned entity, arising from the sanctions as established in Council Regulation (EU) No 269/2014.
- Acting as an institution-appointed sole arbitrator in an insurance dispute.
PricewaterhouseCoopers Legal benefit from its wide network across the globe to represent clients in dispute resolution matters pertaining to white-collar crime defence, public procurement and tax disputes. Heading the practice is Indrek Leppik who has more than twenty years of experience in litigation and routinely devises strategies for commercial, business and administrative law disputes. Priit Lätt is a well-known name in large scale IT-disputes, tax disputes and public procurement.
Indrek Leppik; Indrek Kukk; Priit Lätt
‘Positive energy, straightforward, most legal areas covered by specialists.’
‘We have had only the best experience.’
‘They are best in the field.’
Republic of Estonia Health Board
Enterprise Estonia (Ettevõtluse ja Innovatsiooni Sihtasutus)
Espak Ehitustööd OÜ
Tartu City Administration (Tartu Linnavalitsus)
Eesti Metsa Abiks MTÜ
Päästame Eesti Metsad MTÜ
Aktsiaselts Eesti Raudtee
West Tallinn Central Hospital (Lääne-Tallinna Keskhaigla)
Meprolight (1990) Ltd
Haapsalu City Administration, Lääne-Nigula
- Representing Salinee OÜ in a dispute against Tallinna Vesi to reimburse the unreasonably high price of water and sewerage services.
- Advising the bankruptcy trustee of Marsalis Metall OÜ.
RASK Attorneys-at-Law continue to keep dispute resolution as a key focal point of the firm and is recognised within large scale insolvency disputes, white-collar crime and corruption matters as well as dealings with the Estonian Tax and Customs Board. The firm also engages in work related to environmental disputes, ranging from forest protection and planning to green energy related disputes. Tarmo Peterson leads the team and has established a high demand practice in insolvency matters. Ramon Rask leads the Corporate Disputes team and has broad knowledge of how detailed finance-specific arguments may need to be for the balanced treatment of tax and economic offences. Andrei Svištš is noted for his excellent strategic skillset within financial crime.
Tarmo Peterson; Ramon Rask; Villy Lopman
Other key lawyers:
Mr Toivo Promm, Bone Invest OÜ
Põltsamaa Uus Apteek OÜ and Paide Vee Tänava Apteek OÜ
Hiiu Ravikeskus SA
Renum Invest OÜ
MAVE Varahalduse OÜ
Nordlin Ehitus OÜ
Fausto Capital OÜ
Hotel Regent Tallinn OÜ
TARK acts on shareholder, public procurement, white-collar crime, bankruptcy and reorganisation-related disputes. Aare Tark is a recognised and experienced litigation lawyer in Estonia and the Baltics, representing the Government in several civil disputes, as both an arbitrator and representative. Tauno Tark heads the firm’s dispute resolution practice, with wide experience in corporate and commercial litigation.
Other key lawyers:
‘They take very good care of clients needs, they work very closely with the client and always will surprise with the confidence and solution. It seams they work more than needed – like they step always one extra mile. I have been thinking why – and as they are also considered family business – father and sons are working there as managing partners – i guess the biggest value is to care about the client same way as they care about their families.’
‘They are always prepared and have overall and deep knowledge about the law and all the possibilities how to find solutions. Even when there are no good solutions, we play a game, how to find it.’
‘Our firm has mostly been woking with Mr. Tauno Tark who is also the head of their dispute practice. He is always accessible and quick to come back with different possible solutions to our problems.’
Ramirent Baltic AS
Estonian Railways Ltd
SIA “KG Latvija”
KG Eesti OÜ
Riigi Kinnisvara AS
Ministry of Education and Research (Republic of Estonia)
Solaris Bus & Coach sp. z o.o.
Invent Baltics OÜ
- Represented TEMPT Architects in an administrative court dispute regarding alleged flaws in a public procurement conducted.
- Representing Ramirent Baltic AS the in a construction-related dispute before the civil court.
- Represented KG Eesti OÜ in a civil court dispute regarding civil law issues in agricultural sales.
Triniti fields a strong dispute resolution team in TMT, competition and IP, corporate law disputes and public procurement disputes. An important component of the practice is alternative dispute resolution alongside adjudication and mediation work. Erki Vabamets is known well as a strong arbiter, while Katri Tomson stands out for her work on banking, finance and contract law disputes. Tanel Kalaus heads the practice and is extremely well regard by its clients.
Other key lawyers:
Erki Vabamets; Katri Tomson
‘For us is important to get feedback in short time. In news business you not have time to wait. Triniti is always online with us.’
‘My partner is in same level and we think im same way. This make cooperation very easy.’
‘Tanel Kalaus is experienced and high professional on dispute resolution.’
c.v. SNB REACT u.a.
Katrin Lust, Linda OÜ
Estonian Performers Association
Aktsiaselts Pärnu REV
Rostyslav Polishchuk, Mykola Ishchenko, Tulundusühistu Loreta, Hobulane OÜ
Ministry of Justice of Estonia
Tallinna Vesi AS
Tallinna Sadam AS
OÜ Transpordi Varahaldus
Eesti Energia AS
- Advising and representing the Nasdaq-listed AS Tallinna Sadam (the port authority of the capital of Estonia) in a 20 million euro civil court case (damages action) by Tallink Grupp AS (the biggest Estonian shipping company, Nasdaq-listed) on the basis of the alleged abuse of dominant position by the client (use of unfairly high prices for the harbour services for passenger ships).
- Advising and representing Ukrainian workers and their Estonian employers in a precedent case of utmost importance to Estonian companies who use foreign workers and the foreign workers themselves. As a result of the case they can now turn to court and contest the orders of the Estonian authorities which require the foreign workers to leave.
- Advising and representing Tallinna Vesi AS (the Nasdaq-listed water undertaking of the capital of Estonia) in different civil disputes (damages claims) of up to 17 million euro initiated by the customers (legal entities) of the client on the basis of allegedly unfairly high prices for water and wastewater services.
ALTERNA offers dispute resolution services in civil, administrative and criminal law. Led by Siret Siilbek, the team closely cooperates with the other practices including the IP, IT and telecoms teams.
‘Siret Siilbek is highly competent and experienced in her work. Her ability to settle into new themes and background systems has been impressive. We have had to work remotely and in a multilingual environment and we have not had any difficulties. She is excellent at working with people from different linguistic and cultural backgrounds.’
‘The people working in the team are professional, dedicated and offer a client-orientated full-solution service. Their extensive knowledge and capacity to handle complex and different fields of law makes it easy to order the legal services from one place.’
‘Siret Siilbek has high competence in different fields of law and can handle even the most complex disputes. Her extensive knowledge in construction law makes her outstanding in the market. Siret considers it necessary to know her clients and understand the substance of their needs, so that litigation would also serve the long-term development goals of her clients.’
Stokker Finance OÜ
Eventus Ehitus OÜ
Tallinn, Kirsi tn 6, Kirsi tn 8 korteriühistu
Uuesalu Arendus OÜ
KRM Advisor OÜ
AR Agentuuri AS
Eesti Kinnisvara Korrashoiu Liit MTÜ
RF Invest OÜ
Deco House OÜ
DK Konsultatsioonid OÜ
- Advising and representing Eventus Ehitus OÜ in court disputes regarding deficiencies in the building works of Pärnu beach stadium which are performed by Eventus Ehitus OÜ’s subcontractors.
- Consulting and representing Narva City in the litigation with Kirde Ehitus OÜ in the litigation concerning the construction of kindergarten.
- Advising the Kirsi 6/8 apartment association in the dispute with Jaan Kuus. This case helps to develop the legal practice of how to interpret the decisions of the apartment associations about how to divide the costs and how to treat the apartment owners, who use a separate source for apartment building services, instead of using joint systems.
Cuesta Law Office
Cuesta Law Office is a new boutique firm, established in 2019, with a focus on representing individuals in corporate and white-collar crime disputes and financial institutions. Lada Riisna is an experienced practitioner in financial law disputes, while Eva Mägi is skilled in project finance and banking law, specialising particularly in regulatory issues. Britta Oltjer heads the department.
Other key lawyers:
Eva Mägi; Lada Riisna
EIK Grupp OÜ
Perfect Look OÜ
Sisaski Invest OÜ
Nopper Service OÜ
- Represented a client in civil proceedings where the client has submitted a monetary claim against Julianus Inkasso OÜ (one of the largest and well-known collection companies in Estonia).
- Represented a client in civil proceedings where a bankruptcy trustee of a debtor had submitted an action against the client asking the court to declare nullity of the sale agreement of 500 bitcoins concluded between the client and the debtor, alternatively to revoke the transaction on the basis of Bankruptcy Act.
- Represented a client in a civil case where the apartment association had submitted a monetary claim in the amount of EUR 32,400 against the client.
HansaLaw OÜ is a boutique firm which specialises in different disputes such as tax, civil law, criminal law and environmental litigation. Vahur Kivistik is a leading partner in areas including tax law and environmental law, while Gerly Kask is an experienced tax lawyer whose focus is on administrative law and tax disputes.
Vahur Kivistik; Gerly Kask; Andres Past; Jüri Leppik; Tõnu Tuulas
Other key lawyers: