Al Kamel Law Office has extensive experience across the full spectrum of Egyptian laws governing maritime matters. The practice, led by managing partner Mohamed Kamel, assists maritime agencies with corporate matters, as well as advising on the establishment of shipping businesses, anchor handling, platform supply vessel activities, and litigation matters related to lifting and preventing seizure of vessels. It also handles matters relating to investment bids put to port authorities. Litigation partner Joseph Morcos is also recommended.
Firms in the Spotlight Shipping
Eldib Advocates is a renowned law firm with more than 145 years of experience in the various fields of law particularly labour, shipping and commercial law. Our team of lawyers is exceptionally capable of handling all matters related to labour law in Egypt, with the majority of our clients being employers. Furthermore, we have keenly …View Profile...
Shipping in Egypt
Other key lawyers:
Danaos Shipping Limited & Fast Carrier
Tidewater Marine/Pan Marine
- Assisted Danaos Shipping Limited & Fast Carrier in all pending litigation matters related to lifting of seizure and others, before the Courts of First Instance, Courts of Appeal and Cassation Court, related to all vessels passing through the Suez Canal, and monitoring the safe passage of their vessels.
- Assisted Tidewater Marine/Pan Marine regarding customs issues, expats work permits, labour matters and tax cases, including representation before the Egyptian Courts and authorities.
- Assisted Lloyd’s Register EMEA regarding litigation matters for maritime agency activities and tax cases.
Eldib Advocates has a track record spanning many decades, having been a key adviser to major players in the shipping market. It acts for numerous P&I clubs operating in Egypt's ports, as well as assisting major shipping lines and multinational companies from its four offices in Cairo, Alexandria, Suez and Port Said. Hisham Eldib, Abdelhamid Fahmy and Hamdy Madkour - all based in Alexandria - are the lead practitioners. Their work spans demurrages, collisions, allisions, shortages in cargo, cargo damages and claims, groundings, death incidents and much more.
Hisham Eldib; Abdelhamid Fahmy; Hamdy Madkour
‘Eldib is well connected and extremely knowledgeable about its jurisdiction.’
‘The firm is a well-established maritime law firm. It consists of highly experienced lawyers in the industry.’
‘Eldib is one of the first law firms that started to use technology in billing and case handling.’
‘The team is very open, honest and their advice is soundly relied upon because of their experience.’
‘One of the key things I look for in a lawyer is their personalised care and attention towards their clients. Personally Eldib Advocates provides this for me. They are always there to help me with whatever I need.’
‘Top class. Perfection and attention to detail is key for them.’
‘They provide prompt assistance in emergencies and are reliable for all kinds of shipping related cases.’
‘They have a good team both at partner and associate level and as a specialised shipping law firm they are attuned to our requirements.’
CMA CGM Egypt
North of England P&I
West of England P&I
The Steamship Mutual Underwriting Association Ltd.
Yang Ming Egypt
- Successfully obtained more than ten final judgments regarding demurrage and storage claims in favour of the client, which is unprecedented within the maritime legal field.
- Successfully obtained a final judgment from the competent court to arrest a vessel subject to a maritime lien regarding bunker charges.
- Assisted in the assessment of a fire and demise of a passenger vessel which sank in the Red Sea as well as completed on behalf of the P&I club all final releases and settlements with the Egyptian crew of said vessel. The firm also worked closely with the P&I’s legal counsel in the USA regarding the implementation of forum non conveniens and the relevance of Egyptian jurisdiction to this case.