Browne Jacobson LLP provides 'pragmatic and trusted advice' across the full spectrum of IT and telecoms law. The firm distinguishes itself from other competitors with its strong focus on digital transformation, demonstrating knowledge in data protection, database rights, e-commerce and cloud technology. The firm acts for a range of clients in both the private and public sectors, with key clients including Crown Prosecution Service, Branston and Tech Data. 'Calm and considerate' partner Paula Dumbill heads the practice.
IT and telecoms in East Midlands
‘We’ve worked with other practices that provide sound legal inputs but using the BJ team is like using binoculars after using an eye-glass: you get depth and advice in the round. Because the IT and telecoms practice knows the legal framework AND matches that with knowledge of IT systems they provide pragmatic and trusted advice that addresses our needs (and mindful of our Suppliers’ approach).’
‘Paula Dumbill – calm and considerate with a brilliant eye for drafting and getting us what we need from our contracts.‘
Crown Prosecution Service
Tech Data Limited
Cloud Technology Solutions Limited
Itelligence Business Solutions (UK) Ltd
London Borough of Tower Hamlets
The Doctor’s Laboratory
- Advising Crown Prosecution Services on the break-up of its existing large scale complex IT services contract into various service groups.
- Advising The Doctors Laboratory Limited on its reappointment as provider of pathology analytics and facilities services to a major NHS hospital in London, including advising on the procurement process and negotiating two service agreements.
- Advising Branston Ltd throughout supplier negotiations, contract drafting, consideration of supplier documentation and a two-stage implementation process relating to a new enterprise resource planning (ERP) system.
Howes Percival LLP has a strong presence in the IT and telecoms sector, and it handles contentious and non-contentious work for household-name clients. One key client is the Business Software Alliance, for whom the firm advises on issues such as software piracy and IP infringement, among other matters. Elsewhere, the firm handles a broad range of non-contentious matters for clients, including software development and maintenance, as well as outsourcing arrangements. Practice head Matthew Talbot has a strong background in IT litigation.
Business Software Alliance (BSA)
Getronics UK Limited
University of Coventry
Just Hype Limited
Internetwork Media Limited
- Acting as the sole representatives in the UK on behalf of the Business Software Alliance whose members include Microsoft, Siemens, Autodesk and many other software companies.
- Advised Just Hype Limited in relation to e-commerce strategy including reviewing and advising upon e-commerce agreements.
- Advising Getronics Services UK on the terms of various IT agreements for the provision of IT services in the course of proposed corporate acquisitions.
Nelsons Solicitors Limited is sought out to advise on outsourcing and IT projects, software development, licensing and maintenance. Harpreet Sandhu heads up the non-contentious IT practice, while Emma Ward leads the contentious IT/IP offering. Sandhu has a high level of expertise in GDPR matters and regularly speaks at events on GDPR compliance.
‘The Shakespeare Martineau team are great – they’re personable and don’t talk legal language to business people who don’t understand. The approach is very transparent which helps for budgeting, relationships and importantly making progress.’
Financechain – trading as Software Escrow Solutions
- Advising TheCarerooms on contractual and commercial issues, including preparing a full suite of suitable contracts and terms for its online portal and different contractual arrangements for company structures.
- Advising Parcelhub on formalising and streamlining its partnership arrangements.
- Advising Roadtohealth Group Ltd on the terms of its Healthia joint venture with Incorpore.
BHW Solicitors regularly handles significant software infrastructure projects. In addition, the firm also regularly advises on mergers, acquisitions, restructures and refinancings of software and IT companies. Practice head Matt Worsnop has a strong background in software development. The team is praised for its 'sensible and pragmatic' approach.
‘Sensible and pragmatic in terms of both advice and fees.’
‘Matt Worsnop is excellent on tech matters.’
‘Trust, consistency and value.’
Lavendon Group / Loxam
Nationwide Platforms Limited
Eclipse Group Solutions Limited
Vehicle Vision Limited
Atomic Multimedia Consultants Limited
City Computing Limited
Davis Ground IT Services Limited
G Siddons Limited t/a Bikercomm
Loupe Testware Ltd
Switch Networks Ltd
- Prepared entirely new template Master Services Agreement for Eclipse Group Solutions Limited to use with all its new clients.
- Prepared entirely new template IT services agreement for Davis Ground IT Solutions Limited to use with all its clients.
- Prepared entirely new terms and conditions for Atomic Multimedia Consultants Limited to use with all its new clients.