Browne Jacobson LLP's IT and telecoms practice gives 'really well informed advice' on all kinds of IT related matters, including those pertaining to crypto technologies, blockchain, apps, software as a service, disruptive technologies, cloud computing and fintech. Further, the team frequently acts on complex and large-scale IT transactions and, if matters turn contentious, the team is able to assist clients in IT disputes. 'Brilliant' Paula Dumbill heads the Nottingham office, is particularly experienced in working on complex IT outsourcing projects and is 'willing to go the extra miles to get the right result' for clients.
IT and telecoms in East Midlands
Other key lawyers:
‘I am happy to recommend Browne Jacobson as being ahead of the competition – they give really well informed advice and have good knowledge of IT practice.’
‘Paula Dumbill is brilliant and so well organised. Always willing to go the extra miles to get the right result.’
‘Joe Davis is superbly able to address and resolve issues. Outstanding work to support alternative solutions to service credits and charges: relevant and complete suggestions that we could pick up and run with.’
PZ Cussons Beauty LLP
Crown Prosecution Service
University of Hertfordshire
World Class Manufacturer of Motorcycles
Greenwood Academies Trust
Smrt Links Limited
Euro Car Parts
Itelligence Business Solutions
Cloud Technology Solutions
- Advised PZ Cussons Beauty LLP, a leading global provider of beauty products, on a digital transformation project to develop and roll out of its ‘direct to consumer’ e-commerce websites.
- Advised the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) on the break-up of major parts of an existing large scale complex IT services contract into various service groups put out to tender to the market.
- Advised the University of Hertfordshire on the negotiation of the procurement of the university’s new end-to-end IT solution which will have a transformative impact on the student journey.
Howes Percival LLP advises a broad range of IT clients on all their IT contracts, handles their litigation arising from, among others, outsourcing contracts, and has acted against international heavyweight IT companies on a number of occasions. The team also advises on a broad array of non-contentious matters relating to software and app development, payment systems, cloud based services and IT procurement and more. Matthew Talbot is the practice head and heads up the enforcement work for large, international IT and tech companies. Hannah Steggles and Jenna Bruce frequently act on software development agreements.
Other key lawyers:
Hannah Steggles; Jenna Bruce
Business Software Alliance (BSA)
Getronics UK Limited
University of Coventry
Just Hype Limited
Internetwork Media Limited
- Instructed as sole representatives in the UK on behalf of the Business Software Alliance Inc. whose members include Microsoft, Siemens, Autodesk and many other software companies.
- Advised Just Hype Limited in relation to e-commerce strategy including reviewing and advising upon e-commerce agreements.
- Advised Autodesk Inc, a large UK software company, on protection strategies.
Nelsons Solicitors Limited's non-contentious IT practice is headed by Harpreet Sandhu and the contentious IT offering is headed by Emma Ward. The firm advises on all types of non-contentious IT projects, including outsourcing, online sales as well as software development, licensing and maintenance, and brings and defends claims relating to infringement of software rights, confidential information and database rights, as well as on intellectual property infringements that are perpetrated online. The practice has further expertise in GDPR compliance matters and regularly advises at the intersection of IT and data protection.
Harpreet Sandhu; Emma Ward
Other key lawyers:
‘I am very grateful for the advice given to me about how to progress with our share buyout.’
The Mae Deli Limited t/a Deliciously Ella
Grassroots Football Media Limited
Nemaura Medical Inc./Dermal Diagnostics Limited
Financechain Limited t/a SES
Prime Principle Limited
Skeleton Productions Limited
Mylocummanager UK Limited
PurpleBricks Group plc
- Advised WalkUp as it negotiated terms with the owners of Bicester Village to offer its app to retail outlets.
The IT and telecoms department at BHW Solicitors regularly advises on IT infrastructure projects as well as IT and telecoms contracts for a variety of clients, among others from the automotive and financial sector. Advice on hosting agreements, software as a service, hardware supply agreements, software development and IT tendering projects are all part of the firm's repertoire, which also regularly advises on acquisitions, mergers, re-financing and restructures of IT, telecoms and software companies. Practice head Matt Worsnop 'is a consistently excellent partner to work with'.
‘Their understanding of the work we do and the ins and outs of a product we’re exploring launching was super helpful in drafting an agreement which met our needs.’
‘Matt Worsnop was excellent – understood everything we were asking for (including data protection). He was thorough, patient and communicative.’
‘Excellent on technology contract and commercial matters, a fast flexible and positive approach to delivery.’
‘Matt Worsnop is a consistently excellent partner to work with and I mean that in the sense of partnering with us – the client. He is responsive, collaborative, looks for win-win, acts and thinks commercially, and understands technology.’
‘What we found excellent as a small business was the team understood how to turn our high level requirement into the legal documents we needed quickly.’
‘Matt Worsnop stands out for us as he quickly got to an understanding of our business and makes relevant recommendations in the exact context of our business.’
‘I find BHW the most approachable practice that I have dealt with to date. Quick response, good interaction, clarity and delivery are all strong capabilities.’
‘Matt Worsnop is our key contact and continues to be as dedicated and responsive as the first day we used BHW.’
Lavendon Group / Loxam
Nationwide Platforms Limited
Vehicle Vision Limited
Atomic Multimedia Consultants Limited
City Computing Limited
Loupe Testware Ltd
Forward Action Ltd
- Prepared entirely new set of terms and conditions for Unicomm Ltd in respect of the unified telecommunications services to be used with Unicomm’s clients.
- Prepared entirely new SaaS Agreement for Forward Action Ltd for a new SaaS service allowing for the creation of fund raising web pages.
- Prepared entirely new developer licence for Vehicle Vision International Limited for the client to use with third party software developers wishing to make use of its new API.
Geldards LLP is noted as being a 'down to earth firm with a commercial approach' which acts for a number of software developers and major IT service providers, as well as non-IT businesses wanting to procure specific IT services. Members of the team frequently act as quasi in-house counsel to clients and offer their expertise in software as a service product offerings, software resale structures and preparing bespoke contractual arrangements, among others. Jamie Goldberg heads the practice and is experienced in advising on both IT and IT-adjacent matters, including advice on transactional IT matters.
‘Geldards is a down to earth firm with a commercial approach unlike I have witnessed in other law firms. As an in-house lawyer I require quick and pragmatic advice on key risks and Geldards do that every time.
‘Geldards provide answers rather than sitting on the fence presenting various legal arguments, and as an in-house lawyer, I need quick advice to support an internal decision one way or the other, so this is an extremely important attribute.’
Agilitas IT Solutions Limited
Amphitrite Underwriters Limited
AXS Europe Limited
Commify UK limited
Derby County Football Club
East Midlands LawShare
Formidable Media Limited
Halo X-Ray Technologies Limited
Horizon Industries International Limited
National Procurement Service
North West Legal Consortium
Physiolab Technologies Limited
Realsense Solutions Limited
Spamhaus Technology Limited
- Ongoing advice to AXS.com in relation to all of its external legal affairs as their quasi-in house resource. Matters included advice in connection with affiliate arrangements with Cover Genius and ticket insurance, StubHub/Viagogo ticket cancellations and secondary ticket resale conditions.
- Advised Agilitas on a high value Framework Agreement for the provision of IT services to ATOS IT Services UK, together with two related IT services call-off contracts.
- Ongoing advice to Halo X-Ray on a range of matters, including negotiations on a complex sub-contracting arrangement with a US government body.