Browne Jacobson LLP has built a strong reputation across a wide spectrum of IT disciplines, from procurement of hardware and software, fintech, disruptive technologies through to cyber and data security and e-commerce. Kay Chand heads up the team - she is sought-after by bluechip multinationals and central government departments on corporate transactions and business transformation programmes.
IT and telecoms in East Midlands
‘Pragmatic, commercial advice. Understands impact of legislation on our business.’
‘Very knowledgeable about our business. They know how we operate and have taken time to research us and our company and markets. They make things easier for us. I usually say yes to their recommendations.’
‘Kay Chand – contracts are her business and she does it with style. Again – makes it easy for me regarding workload etc.’
NTT Data Business Solutions Ltd
Cloud Technology Solutions
The National Trust
Euro Car Parts ltd
Medicines Healthcare Regulatory Authority
National Audit Office
- Advised National Trust on the refreshment of its ongoing, business critical IT systems.
- Advised NTT Data Business Solutions on its provision of a SAP system to a global chemicals business, for the UK but with a view to further pieces of work being provided to the US and EU arm of the business.
- Advised e-commerce software provider BUQ Limited on the development of its technology and agreements with customers. This involved advising on software and app development and licensing and on e-commerce terms.
Working across its Birmingham and Nottingham offices, Eversheds Sutherland (International) LLP technology team covers the whole spectrum of technology law, with a strong focus on transport relate technology, government and infrastructure and financial services. Nick Blane leads on large-scale public sector IT and outsourcing projects from his Nottingham base, along with Joanne Veitch who focuses on central government and financial services technology enabled projects.
Other key lawyers:
Driving Standards Agency
Our Future Health
Department for Education
Surrey County Council
Police & Crime Commissioner for Lincolnshire
- Advised National Highways on two business critical technology frameworks which will be the core vehicles for the delivery of IT products and services technology pipeline (RIS2) to support the delivery of its Road Investment Strategy (2020-25).
- Advised Our Future Health on its cloud infrastructure and trusted research environment procurement to award two strategically key contracts in helping to achieve its aim of transforming the prevention, detection and treatment of serious medical conditions.
Matthew Talbot leads the ‘excellent‘ group at Howes Percival LLP, where he is well recognised for his contentious IT work. Adding complementary transactional bench strength, Hannah Steggles and Paula Dumbill are the go-to partners for tech, infrastructure and outsourcing and commercial projects. Re-joining from Dentons in February 2022, director Chris White bolsters the practice’s expertise in hardware procurement, software development, licensing and data protection issues.
Matthew Talbot; Paula Dumbill; Hannah Steggles
Other key lawyers:
‘The team is excellent. They come with my strongest recommendation. Always available, always excellent advice.’
‘They’re just a fantastic group of individuals. One of the things I like the most is that the quality is always excellent no matter who I deal with.’
Business Software Alliance
Getronics UK Limited
Just Hype Limited
Internetwork Media Limited
- Advising Business Software Alliance Inc as sole representatives in the UK on behalf of the BSA whose members include Siemens, Autodesk and many other software companies.
- Advised Just Hype Limited in relation to e-commerce strategy including reviewing and advising upon e-commerce agreements.
Shakespeare Martineau LLP‘s specialisms include education, including Nottingham, Exeter and Liverpool John Moore Universities and technology and telecoms sectors, acting for the likes of Parcelhub and Vodafone plc. Lead partner Ed Wright continues to be active in the acquisitions of telecoms businesses, advising on licensing and outsourcing agreements, IT contracts, e-commerce and data protection.
Other key lawyers:
‘Very helpful and unbelievably approachable. Nothing is too much trouble. Always happy to help and respond in good time.’
‘Ed Wright has become our main contact. He clearly goes out of his way to ensure we get good service.’
Awery Software LLC
FinanceChain Limited t/a SES
JTF Marketing Limited
Endurance Zone Limited
Spirit Health Group Limited
Skeleton Productions Limited
Purpose Media Limited
RDC Aviation Limited
Replay Maintenance Limited /Passport365 Limited
The Modular Analytics Company Limited
- Advised Awery Software on and prepared a full suite of website portal-related terms and conditions required for the CargoBooking platform, together with appropriate airline and air cargo capacity agent/GSA-facing and freight forwarder-facing terms governing their respective interactions and information exchanges with the platform.
- Advised Endurance Zone in relation to important additions/amendments required to Endurance Zone’s existing white label platform licence agreement.
- Advised The Modular Analytics Company (TMAC) on its existing product and professional services MSA and the changes needed to enable it to appropriately address/cover TMAC’s new SAAS-enabled services/solutions delivery, resulting in the preparation of an appropriate MSA for TMAC’s use going forward.
The Matt Worsnop-led IT group at BHW Solicitors has ‘a strong breadth of knowledge’ in IT and telecoms contracts, tech-focused corporate transactions, restructures and re-financing of software, telecoms and IT companies. ‘Very approachable and knowledgable’ Worsnop is highly repuatable for software development and licensing agreements, e-commerce and supporting regional and national clients in large-scale IT infrastructure projects.
‘Everyone I have dealt with at BHW has been approachable and professional.’
‘Matt Worsnop – very approachable and knowledgable. Explains legal jargon very well. Matt always take the time to listen and understand what we are trying to achieve – which may sound basic, but has not always been my experience when dealign with our practises.’
‘The team have a strong breadth of knowledge and coordinate well within the business to provide prompt responses to queries. They also work with us as client to tailor their service and responses based on the circumstances as opposed to a ‘standard’ approach to the work they do for us.’
‘Matt Worsnop has been excellent at dealing with the contractual issues we have had with our IT provider and has always provided timely and considered advice. ’
Lavendon Group / Loxam
Nationwide Platforms Limited
Vehicle Vision Limited
Atomic Multimedia Consultants Limited
Best Path Limited
Creative Software Solutions (Europe) Limited
Netdocs Digital Mailroom Solutions Ltd
Autoprotect (MBI) Limited
Dynamic Technology Group Limited
GP Automated Limited
- Advising GP Automate on an entirely new licence subscription agreement.
- Revised and modernised the standard customer contract for Dynamic Technology Group Limited to use with all its IT clients.
Derby based head of IT, Jamie Goldberg at Geldards LLP has carved out a reputation working with media and tech clients, as well as IT-adjacent sectors businesses, on IT and commercial agreements. Senior associate Saima Shabir supports clients on various aspects of contractual, licensing and data protection work.
Other key lawyers: