Corporate tax in East Anglia
Birketts LLP has a dedicated practice for corporate tax and employee incentives. Karl Pocock leads on tax matters and has more than 16 years' experience in this field. He frequently advises on the tax implications of M&A transactions and also advises corporate and real estate clients on tax structuring. Lisa Hayward has more than ten years' experience in assisting employers and business owners with employee incentives schemes. Senior associate John Kahn is also recommended.
Karl Pocock; Lisa Hayward
Other key lawyers:
Shareholders of Servest
Brafe Engineering Limited
Cambridgeshire County Council
Granarolo UK Limited
Shareholders of Innova Systems UK Limited
Shareholder of H Erben Limited
PSI Services (UK) Limited
Shareholders of AllClear Holdings Limited
Shareholders of Plasgran Limited
- Representing the shareholders of Servest in relation to various tax aspects of the merger of Servest with Atalian Group.
- Advising Brafe Engineering Limited in respect of the introduction of an employee ownership trust.
- Represented Cambridgeshire County Council on the acquisition of its first investment property.
- Represented Granarolo UK Limited on its acquisition of Midland Food Group.
- Represented the Shareholders of Innova Systems UK Limited when the company was sold to Visiativ SA.
Mills & Reeve LLP has a new head of corporate tax following the retirement of Christopher Townsend, and principal associate Matthew Short now leads the practice. The firm handles corporate and real estate taxation, particularly in relation to large-scale property development, investment and construction projects. Among its clients are charities, multinationals, local authorities, NHS trusts and pension funds. Consultant Robert Kent, who was previously a tax partner at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP, also plays a key role in the practice.
Other key lawyers:
Floreat Real Estate
Railways Pension Fund
Urban & Civic plc
Trinity College, Cambridge
Monterey Mushrooms, Inc.
Oxford University Endowment Management
Fidelity UK Real Estate Fund
- Advice in relation to a significant investment by Tus Holdings (the Tsinghua University-backed science park developer) for the redevelopment of part of Cambridge Science Park.
- We are instructed upon the sustainable urban extension at Houlton, Rugby on behalf of the landowner.
- Acquisition of a business park comprising eight high quality detached office buildings located on the Leeds outer Ring Road, 5 miles from the centre, by The Hillview Group, an independent Merchant Bank and alternative Asset Manager.
- Instructed by Investment Manager, Floreat Real Estate, on the acquisition by a BVI Fund of two office buildings in Bristol and Cardiff for a price in excess of £30m via the purchase of a Jersey registered holding company and on the acquisition financing from Investec Bank.
- We acted on the purchase of the entire issued share capital of Plasgran Limited, a specialist plastics recycling business and on the separate but related purchase of the freehold property from the sellers.