Telecoms in Denmark
Gorrissen Federspiel has expertise in advising on regulatory matters in the telecoms sector as well as in the assistance with telecoms transactions, marketing campaigns and the safeguarding of personal data and customer protection rights in compliance with GDPR. The practice also advises on telecoms outsourcing as well as on competition law. Practice head Martin André Dittmer regularly advises mobile network operators on M&A transactions, public procurement and licence auctions matters.
Martin André Dittmer
Good and broad understanding for telecommunications and regulatory aspects; flexibel and professional approach to the task given
Sublime collaboration and sparring, perfect match and work done for specific task with Martin André Dittmer
- Acting for the fibre broadband company Waoo A/S on matters concerning the client’s television distribution and telecoms activities
Horten advises clients from the telecoms industry on the drafting, negotiation and financing of IT licences, as well as on sector-specific M&A transactions. The practice also advises on the expansion of communication networks, including telecoms-related infrastructure projects concerning utility and emergency services. The practice also advises on data protection and GDPR compliance. Mads Nygaard Madsen heads the practice and has expertise in both non-contentious and contentious matters, including litigation and arbitration.
Mads Nygaard Madsen
Other key lawyers:
Michael Goeskjær; Asger Heine Jensen
Horten has significant knowledge in the telecoms area, and also in related fields. In the meetings where they have participated, they have always brought forward the best subject matter expert we could have hoped for. This has helped us in achieving our business goals
BD Consult Electronic Engineering A/S
- Advising Beredskabskommunikation A/S on matters regarding the company’s nationwide communication network for emergency and utility services.
- Acted for the financing bank consortia with Deutsche Bank and Nordea Bank, respectively as agent banks in the bid by MIRA, ATP, PFA and PKA, in connection with the financing of the DKK41.4bn acquisition of TDC.
- Advised Idinvest Partners on a secured senior financing of HQ Equita’s acquisition of the r2p Group and Open Access.
Kromann Reumert advises telecoms companies on telecoms regulations, the drafting and negotiation of telecoms contracts, as well as on outsourcing and telecoms transactions matters. The practice advises on the structuring of deals and assists with the development of process, tender and sourcing models. The team is also experienced in handling M&A transactions in the telecoms industry. Practice head Torben Waage is a certified mediator and regularly represents telecoms companies in licensing, contract and regulatory disputes.
Other key lawyers:
The firm is clearly both the best and most experienced within IT and Telecoms
- Assisting TDC A/S with its legal split of its business into services and network.
- Assisting TDC A/S with the selling of its Norwegian activities to Telia.
- Assisting with the negotiation of a €50m public contract regarding a global wireless access network with the Danish Foreign Ministry.
Plesner covers the regulatory and transactional aspects of telecoms, as well as the management of telecoms disputes. Niels Christian Ellegaard is the practice head and possesses expertise in the opening of fibre networks and in telecoms M&A. The practice is also experienced in the drafting and negotiation of telecoms outsourcing arrangements. The team also advises on telecoms financing aspects, which includes mortgage-based debt financing. Other areas of expertise include competition law.
Niels Christian Ellegaard
Københavns Lufthavne A/S
Telefónica Business Solutions
- Advising OpenNet on the development of a platform enabling fibre network owners to make their infrastructure available to other service and content providers.
- Advised Teracom A/S on the completion of a DKK460m mortgage financing of communications infrastructure.
- Advised TDC A/S on a €1.5bn spectrum licence auction.
Accura Advokatpartnerselskab assists active, as well as potential, telecoms systems suppliers and operators on the drafting and negotiation of contracts, tender agreements and regulatory matters in connection with market entry aspects. The firm also represents in dispute resolution cases, including litigation and arbitration. Other areas of expertise include assistance with outsourcing processes and technology transfers. Practice head René Thornfeldt has experience in handling cross-border telecoms cases.
Other key lawyers:
They have high competence in relation to preparing telecoms contracts and resolving disputes
I would like to mention René Thornfeldt as an excellent strategic negotiator who has a professional approach to the tasks assigned to him. He has an excellent network and knows who to engage at the right time
Megaport (Ireland) Limited
ConnectedYou Europe ApS
- Advising Ericsson on a tender and outsourcing process
The practice at Bech-Bruun has expertise in regulatory advice, the drafting and negotiation of infrastructure agreements and operation services agreements, as well as on the implementation of data protection measures. The firm has also expertise in advising telecoms companies on technology agreements, insurance law, marketing law and intellectual property rights. Niels M. Andersen is the practice head and is experienced in consumer regulatory matters, as well as in the negotiation of outsourcing agreements.
Niels M. Andersen
Other key lawyers:
- Advised Hedelselskabet A/S on the construction of a new digital solution business based on new censor technology and Internet-of-Things technology (IoT)
- Provided Ipnordic on telecoms regulations and GDPR
- Assisting Eniro with online services, including advice in relation to the negotiation of a service provider agreement
DLA Piper Denmark has expertise in M&A transactions and corporate matters in the telecoms sector. The team also assists with the introduction of new telecoms services. Other areas of expertise include competition and administrative law, as well as on regulatory compliance and reporting matters. The practice also advises on the application on cloud-based solutions. René Offersen has expertise in regulatory matters, as well as in the representation in disputes before the supreme court.
Other key lawyers:
Sebastian Ingversen; Michael Klöcker
- Assisting Vodafone with ongoing regulatory compliance and reporting matters.
- Assisted TDC Group with the acquisition of 7digital Group PLC.
- Represented TDC in objecting against Telenor’s claim for vindication.
The practice at NJORD Law Firm has expertise in outsourcing, licensing and the drafting and negotiation of contracts relating to telecoms networks and services. The practice also advises regulatory aspects, as well as on the connection between telecoms and data protection. Managing Partner Lars Lokdam has expertise in telecoms transactions.
Synch has expertise in both domestic and EU competition law in the telecoms sector and regularly advises on regulatory matters and the expansion of telecoms cross-border networks. Michael Brandt regularly advises on telecoms M&A and the marketing of telecoms services to customers. Other areas of expertise include the drafting and negotiation of contracts governing the use of telecoms services by corporate clients. Practice head Mandeep Singh Rathour joined from BACH Law in September 2019.
Mandeep Singh Rathour
- Assisted Hiper A/S on regulatory matters regarding a mandatory agreement with TDC and matters concerning the marketing of telecom services to consumers