Real estate and construction in Denmark
Accura Advokatpartnerselskab advises on both real estate and construction, which includes the purchase and sale of properties and real estate portfolios, the structuring of property funds, legal due diligence and assistance with lease law regulations. The firm also advises on project development matters as well as environment law in connection with construction. Jon Dyhre Hansen has expertise in advising pension funds on real estate investments. Henrik Groos advises investors on the establishment of property funds. Due to some internal partner promotions as well as a number of arrivals, the practice is expanding drastically. Particularly, Anders Friis, Luise Christensen, Rikke Maria Falck Jensen and Jakob Schou Midtgaard all joined from Plesner in 2020, while Lasse Stjernholm Detlevsen and Mads Berg departed to Plesner.
‘All-round service firm providing high level of service and up-to-date knowledge and practice.’
‘Accura provided a very thorough service on all aspects of our real estate transaction, this included advising on the acquisition of a real estate property and assistance regarding our company’s tax provisions.’
Arp-Hansen Hotel Group A/S
Ejendomsselskabet Norden A/S
M7 Real Estate
NREP (Nordic Real Estate Partners)
Catella Real Estate
Invesco Real Estate
Lærernes Pension (Danish Pension Fund)
PATRIZIA Immobilien AG
- Representing HM2 A/S on a hotel development project which included advising on all legal aspects of the project: the establishment of the Danish company, the purchase of the land and issues pertaining to building and other permits.
- Advised Catella Real Estate on the DKK250m purchase of a residential property.
- Advised Aviva Investors on a DKK320m purchase of an office building, including assistance with due diligence review, drafting and negotiation of the purchase agreement and matters related to closing.
Bech-Bruun has experience in both construction and real estate. The firm’s real estate expertise includes the international sale and acquisition of commercial and residential real estate portfolios. The firm’s expertise in construction is focused on infrastructure and urban development projects as well as on the construction of hotels. Jens Hjortskov and Jesper Bøge Pedersen jointly head the practice and are experienced in advising on environmental matters, public procurement and construction disputes.
Jens Hjortskov; Jesper Bøge Pedersen
Other key lawyers:
Sven Frode Frølund; Steen Puch Holm-Larsen; Per Bjerg Christensen; Torben Brøgger; Claus Berg; Tina Braad
‘The Bech-Bruun property team has a very good commercial understanding and offers to-the-point advice. The team has extensive experience in real estate transactions and project development.’
‘The team is professional, reliable and commercial. They have a sense of what international investors are focused on, and are responsive to that. They are also hard-working and problem-solving.’
‘Full-service with a lot of deal experience, both nationally and internationally.’
‘A very big team that can handle all areas of real estate. One of the top teams.’
‘A very business-minded team with great in-depth industry knowledge.’
Exyte Northern Europe Ltd.
CPH City and Port Development
Rambøll Danmark A/S
Strawberry Fields AS/Nordic Choice Hotels (Petter AnkerStordalen)
Danish Crown A/S
Southern Denmark Region
Northern Denmark Region
Central Denmark Region
PFA Pension, DIP, JØP and Lægernes Pension
Blackstone Real Estate Group L.P.
Nordic Real Estate Partners (NREP)
Rambøll Danmark A/S
Sikuki Nuuk Harbour A/S
Resolution Property Investors
Ruby Hotels GmbH
Samhällsbyggnadsbolaget i Norden AB (SBB)
Vectura Fastigheter AB
Strawberry Brothers AS
- Assisting Exyte Northern Europe Ltd. with the DKK4.5bn construction of Google’s new data centre in Fredericia.
- Advised Velliv on the €160m sale of Novo Nordisk’s headquarters situated in Søborg.
- Advised Amager Ressourcecenter (ARC) on the DKK3bn construction of a waste-derived energy plant for Amager Bakke
The main areas of expertise at Bruun & Hjejle are real estate transactions, construction and disputes. The practice advises both on the purchase and selling of properties. The practice advises on regulations governing infrastructure projects, including residential property development, commercial properties and the erection of islands off the coast. Real estate transaction specialist Christian Schow Madsen and construction expert Christian Johansen jointly head the practice, and regularly advise on both litigation and arbitration as well as on non-contentious matters.
Christian Schow Madsen; Christian Johansen
Other key lawyers:
Søren Damgaard; Søren Kopp
‘The team works very dedicatedly towards solutions and has a keen eye on the substantial matters. Besides being available on both attorney and partner level they are creating value for their clients by finding intelligent solutions and not over complicating minor issues.’
‘In my opinion, Bruun & Hjejle stands out. The firm excels in understanding the commercial interests and needs of both their clients and their counterparts, which greatly helps in getting deals closed, agreements signed and disputes resolved in a satisfactory way – which ultimately always is our main priority.’
‘The team at Bruun & Hjejle has a special sense for the needs of their clients. They are available at all times and provide precise advice.’
‘Christian Schow Madsen has a good commercial mindset and quick response times. He is always available, very service-minded and keeps up high standards.’
Aberdeen Asset Management
AIP Asset Management
Savills Investment Management
Salini Impregilo S.p.A./Copenhagen Metro Team
- Advising Hines on the DKK845m purchase of properties at Købmagergade from Freje Ejendomme.
- Assist Savills Investment Management with acquiring a portfolio known as Aarhus Retail.
- Advising the developer and operator of flagship shopping destinations Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield in connection with the ongoing development of a hotel in the shopping centre Fisketorvet.
Gorrissen Federspiel handles the drafting and negotiation of real estate purchase agreements and lease contracts. The firm also advises on real estate insolvencies. Another area of expertise is dispute resolution in the construction sector, which includes both litigation and arbitration. Peter Sjøgreen, Jesper Avnborg Lentz and Merete Larsen jointly head the practice and are experienced in advising on residential, commercial and infrastructural project development. The team also provides regulatory advice on PPP schemes.
Peter Sjøgreen, Jesper Avnborg Lentz, Merete Larsen
Other key lawyers:
Hans-Peter Jørgensen; Jan Hellmund Jensen
‘The real estate and construction team at Gorrissen Federspiel is second to none. They have incredible industry experience and market knowledge. Their legal advice and support is phenomenal. The lawyers involved have incredible experience and knowledge in the real estate and construction sectors, and they deliver extremely accurate and comprehensive legal advice under tight deadlines.’
‘Always detailed and will revert with right answer rather than speak first thought.’
‘Gorrissen Federspiel never jeopardises its legal integrity in order to smooth a transaction. They are disciplined and honest in their communication, and at the same time they have a very commercial mindset. A combination which is quite unique to handle simultaneously .’
‘The team has a thorough and comprehensive understanding of the business – thus creating value. I have met no other law firm within property development that has the same focus on supporting the clients’ business. The legal skills and know-how are absolutely second to none.’
‘Very skilled in all aspects of project development, commercial and residential, very fast and professional.’
‘Jesper Avnborg Lentz has been our trusted advisor on all real estate transactions for the past five years. He has built up a unique understanding of our business.’
‘My prime contact is Merete Larsen. I consider her to be second to none within the legal aspects of real estate development. Highly skilled, easily accessible and always with a strong focus on creating value for our company. True value for money.’
Carlsberg Byen P/S
Heimstaden Danmark A/S
MT Højgaard A/S
A. Enggaard A/S
Per Aarsleff A/S
NCC Danmark A/S
Adserballe & Knudsen A/S
- Assisting A. Enggaard with the project development and sale of the East Harbour in Aalborg.
- Providing M. Goldschmidt Holding A/S with strategic and legal advice regarding the project development of Frederiksbro, Hillerød.
- Assisted Heimstaden Danmark A/S with the acquisition of the EIDK portfolio located at Lyngbyvej, Frederiksborgvej in Copenhagen and Rampelyset in Roskilde.
Kromann Reumert is experienced in the sale and purchase of commercial property and provides corporate advice on real estate foundations, pension funds and private investments. The practice also has expertise in real estate financing, which includes advising banks, mortgage credit institutions and borrowers. Other areas of expertise include commercial lease law as well as construction, project development regulations and procurement law. Practice head Flemming Horn Andersen has experience in advising on the development of shopping centres and residential properties. Steffen Bang-Olsen regularly advises on the drafting and negotiation of purchase and re-purchase agreements.
Flemming Horn Andersen
Other key lawyers:
‘Strong team, always a solid partner for transactions or asset management matters.’
‘Flemming Horn Andersen and his team are very professional, competent and pleasant.’
- Assisting Falck Danmark in the re-purchase and sale of various leasing properties.
- Assisted W.P. Carey with its acquisition of 14 logistic centres let to Danske Fragtmænd from Standard Life.
- Assisting Blackrock with its development of the regional shopping centre Næstved Storcenter.
Viltoft specialises in construction and regularly advises on construction-related procurement law as well as on the drafting and negotiation of construction contracts regarding residential, commercial and infrastructural project development. The practice is also experienced in acting for public institutions, construction companies and engineers on construction disputes, which includes representation in both litigation and arbitration. Michael Gjedde-Nielsen and Henrik Hauge Andersen jointly head the practice and possess expertise in contentious matters as well as in non-contentious construction aspects such as PPP urban development projects. Eva Olesen was promoted to junior partner in 2019 and specialises in contracts and infrastructural procurement. Morten Ruben Brage was promoted to partner in 2020 and has expertise in environmental and planning issues, including restrictions relating to soil contamination. Peter Fauerholdt Thommesen is also a key name to note.
Michael Gjedde-Nielsen; Henrik Hauge Andersen
Other key lawyers:
Steen Hellmann; Peter Fauerholdt Thommesen
‘Knowledge in advising engineers and architects is second to none and has been for many years.’
‘Very knowledgeable and experienced in relation to construction law, pragmatic and commercial approach, quick turn-around and great to work with.’
‘Henrik Hauge Andersen is straightforward and precise in his advice.’
Realdania By & Byg
Lundgaard & Tranberg Architects
Kemp & Lauritzen
Copenhagen Zoo Foundation
Dissing + Weitling
- Advising on claims totalling approximately €1bn against employer Metroselskabet for alleged extra works and delays associated with the Cityringen stage of the Copenhagen Metro.
- Advising Metroselskabet on Salini’s complaint with the Complaints Board for Public Procurement over Metroselskabet’s award of the civil works contract for the Southern extension of the Cityringen Metro in Copenhagen to the contractor consortium TUNN3L JV consisting of Hochtief and Vinci.
- Advising Tryg Forsikring on behalf of White Architects on a dispute related to the use of the so-called MgO boards on Danish housing projects from 2007 to 2015.
DLA Piper Denmark’s areas of expertise include the handling of real estate transactions, project development, environment and planning as well as construction law, real estate finance, fund formation and lease law. Line Marie Pedersen and Jakob Nielsen jointly head the practice and are experienced in the conveyancing of commercial properties as well as in setting up real estate investment and asset management structures. The firm also advises on the restructuring of distressed real estate portfolios and the acquisition of property-related debt positions.
Line Marie Pedersen; Jakob Nielsen
Other key lawyers:
Peter Schäfer; Thomas Høj Pedersen
‘The services from DLA Piper Denmark are always communicated in a language which makes it easy to understand. Complex rules and regulations are explained in a down-to-earth way which is highly appreciate.’
‘The real estate team appears strong and with great knowledge of the segment.’
‘The team at DLA Piper is very competent and knowledgeable. It is accurate and complies with agreements, and act proactively in relation to what we as clients need.’
‘The team is fantastic! They are market leaders and have helped our global company enter the Danish market.’
‘Fast to respond, flexible and accurate.’
‘Great professionalism, good sparring with the partners and clear answers.’
‘Very dedicated and loyal, always aware of what is best for us and how to achieve this in a credible and solution-oriented way.’
Pædagogernes Pension (PBU)
Catella Investment Management
CG Jensen A/S
RESCALE Capital ApS
Mangiavacchi Pedercini SpA
Northern Horizon Capital
Adserballe & Knudsen A/S
Jensen Gruppen A/S
- Acted for PBU Bolig A/S on the €50m sale of two rental properties to the property investor Heimstaden AB.
- Acted for Saltholmsgade Holding A/S on the forward purchase sale of a turnkey project to PATRIZIA.
- Acted for Proark Group in connection with the €67m acquisition of a portfolio of six hotels in operation.
Horten has expertise in advising on commercial real estate transactions, including the sale and purchase of commercial properties and real estate portfolios. The practice also advises on construction law matters, including on regulatory advice regarding property development projects. The team is also experienced in advising on tax matters in relation to the establishment of property funds. Michael Neumann and Thomas Krucov Jensen jointly head the practice and regularly advise on PPP projects as well as on construction disputes. Kristoffer Westberg specialises in commercial property transactions and fund structuring.
Michael Neumann; Thomas Krucov Jensen
Other key lawyers:
Kristoffer Westberg; Niels Jørgen Oggesen
‘Horten has a strong, full range real estate team with specialists in almost every sub-practice area. They work closely with other departments in the firm to ensure that the right resources and specialists are consulted on the project. The team’s experience in advising municipalities and focus on the special needs of such clients must be highlighted.’
‘Very good partner availability and personal engagement.’
‘My primary contact is Thomas Krucov Jensen. His advice is accurate and to-the-point. He is very responsive to the client’s wishes and manages to build a constructive and equal collaboration with the client’s in-house team, with the goal of achieving the best possible result. He is always accessible and helpful.’
Freja Ejendomme A/S
Copenhagen Business School
Finansiel Stabilitet A/S
PFA Ejendomme and TopDanmark Ejendom
ArkitektGruppen and Nordic Real Estate Partners joint venture
AART Architects A/S
M. J. Eriksson A/S
- Assisting Freja Ejendomme A/S with the DKK300m development and establishment of Flyvestation Værløse into a new suburb.
- Assisting Freja Ejendomme A/S with the DKK100m development and establishment of Cortex Park into a new suburb of Odense, consisting of business and 430 houses.
- Assisting Copenhagen Business School on an ongoing basis with the planned development and construction of a new campus.
The practice at Lundgrens advises on real estate transactions, commercial leases and project development, including via PPP vehicles. The firm is also experienced in advising on project development and the financing of infrastructure, retail and residential projects. Tobias Vieth is the practice head and is experienced in advising on residential and commercial lease law. Niels Gram-Hanssen has experience in advising pension funds on the structuring of real estate portfolios.
Other key lawyers:
Pedram Moghaddam; Lars Kjær; Niels Gram-Hanssen; Thomas Stampe
‘Niels Gram-Hanssen is versatile, very pragmatic, service-minded and gets the job done without making simple matters more complex.’
Spar Nord Bank A/S
Freja Ejendomme A/S
Savills Investment Management
BC Hospitality Group
Fokus Asset Management
- Assisting Blackstone with the DKK930m acquisition of three properties comprising more than 300 lease units from Frederiksberg Boligfond.
- Assisting Spar Nord Bank A/S with providing acquisition DKK400m financing and property financing to Pear Global Real Estate group in connection with its acquisition of a property company owning 19 large commercial properties.
- Assisting Wihlborgs A/S with the DKK223m acquisition of two office properties from Viscop Ejendomsselskab A/S / Copi Group.
Plesner regularly advises on infrastructural project development, the redevelopment of energy plants and the drafting and negotiation of construction contracts. The practice also advises asset management companies, pension funds and developers on real estate transactions. Practice head Niklas Korsgaard Christensen is a construction expert and regularly represents in construction litigation and arbitration proceedings. Leif Djurhuus is experienced in advising on commercial lease law and represents in rent disputes and the negotiation of new lease agreements. Anders Friis, Luise Christensen, Rikke Maria Falck Jensen and former co-head Jakob Schou Midtgaard joined Accura Advokatpartnerselskab in 2020. Further team changes include Karina Brinch's promotion to the partnership, and the recruitment of Lasse Stjernholm Detlevsen and Mads Berg from Accura Advokatpartnerselskab.
Niklas Korsgaard Christensen
Other key lawyers:
Peter Wengler-Jørgensen; Peter Schradieck
‘They understand how we think commercially and take this into account in the organisation of their legal assistance.’
Strukton Rail Denmark
- Advising Femern A/S on the construction of a €5.4bn fixed link between Denmark and Germany through the Baltic Sea.
- Advising Gaz-Systems S.A. on the construction of a €2bn gas pipeline from Poland to Norway through Denmark.
- Advising Kalaallilt Airports A/S on the €600m development, construction and financing of three international airports in Greenland.
Poul Schmith is especially experienced in advising government institutions and has expertise in real estate transactions, PPP projects, development and financing matters and facility management issues. The firm also provides regulatory advice associated with property asset management. The practice’s construction expertise includes advice on infrastructure projects, including the preparation of tender documents. Rasmus Holm Hansen and Kasper Mortensen jointly head the practice and are experienced in public procurement and construction disputes, including litigation, mediation and arbitration.
Rasmus Holm Hansen; Kasper Mortensen
Other key lawyers:
Bo Schmidt Pedersen; Rikke Hoffensetz Andresen; Henrik Puggaard
‘The team has a solid understanding and legal knowledge of the rules that apply to government-related real estate and construction matters.’
‘Kammeradvokaten / Poul Schmith is one of the biggest teams in the construction law area and is sought by the public sector, especially the state and regional entities.’
‘They are very experienced in handling construction and procurement law. They are also familiar with the budgetary and administrative setup of a government agency.’
‘We are most satisfied with the work done by Kammeradvokaten / Poul Schmith. They are very commercially minded, not just focused on the legal aspects of a given case, always accessible, and acts as a trusted adviser to us on real estate matters.’
‘We experience the highest quality of legal advice, extremely well-skilled lawyers and a solid understanding of the commercial transactional market from Kammeradvokaten / Poul Schmith. As of now, we are referring the majority of our legal matters to Kammeradvokaten.’
‘Rasmus Holm Hansen has a no-nonsense approach to cases. He is highly esteemed among his peers, and he is brilliant within the field of construction law and public procurement.’
‘Rasmus Holm Hansen manages to provide high-quality legal advice in tender and construction matters, which helps ensure progress in the cases.’
PenSam Liv forsikringsaktieselskab
SF Fore Family Office Real Estate
Copenhagen Capital A/S
Sund & Bælt
1927 Estate Holding ApS
- Advised PenSam Liv forsikringsaktieselskab in connection with the execution of four independent asset deals worth DKK880m in total.
- Advised PenSam Liv forsikringsaktieselskab in connection with the DKK1bn purchase of Ejendomsselskabet Tietgens Have ApS.
- Representing the Region Hovedstaden in a DKK215m arbitration case concerning the construction of a new North Wing at the Rigshospitalet.
The practice at Skau Reipurth & Partnere advises contractors, cooperative housing societies, private equity houses, manufacturers and investors on both real estate transactions and construction, which includes the drafting of sale and purchase agreements as well as assistance with PPP projects. Peter Dianati and Jeppe Reipurth jointly head the practice and are experienced in construction litigation, mediation and arbitration as well as in infrastructure, procurement and contract law.
Peter Dianati; Jeppe Reipurth
Other key lawyers:
Vivi Klink Larsen; Anders Hermansen; Christian B. Prophet-Rannow
‘The primary thing I want to emphasise is the flexibility of the team and the good balance between, on the one hand, being legally very precise but on the other hand being able to see a conflict from the business point of view and thus resolve the conflict.’
‘This is one of the top tier construction law departments in the country. They have many very talented partners – and are involved in all major construction and infrastructure issues in Denmark. Absolutely top of the class.’
‘Skau Reipurth & Partnere’s construction law and real estate team is amongst the best in the country with a lot of in-depth strength. It is led by some of the most competent contruction lawyers, Peter Dianati and Jeppe Reipurth in particular..’
‘I would like to emphasise Peter Dianati as a sublime partner and a very competent case manager who in the best way gets the best out of his colleagues.’
‘Peter Dianati is in my view the most knowledgeble construction lawyer in Denmark. Extremely strong in the legal theory – but also hardworking and pragmatic.’
Peter Dianati and Jeppe Reipurth are among the best within the field of construction law. Peter is very hard-working, relentless and the bulldog you would want to fight for you in a construction dog fight. Jeppe is a very, very skilled and experienced construction lawyer with a lot of arbitration experience. He is pragmatic and solution-oriented as well as very thorough.’
GVL Entreprise A/S
BAM Danmark A/S
Julius Nielsen & Søn A/S
IC Companys A/S
Andersen & Heegaard A/S
DEAS Asset Management
BB Fiberbetonelement A/S
Anker Hansen & Co A/S.
Hardesty & Hanover LLC
Schneider Electric Danmark A/S
A.P. Møller Holding
Andersen & Heegaard A/S
Kjær & Knudsen A/S
Pihl & Søn A/S
DPA Entreprise ApS
Glindorf & Partnere A/S
GN Store Nord
- Representing G.V.L Enterprise A/S in legal construction matters and disputes before the Danish Building and Construction Arbitration Board against employers as well as subcontractors.
- Advised GVL Holding A/S on the development of a housing and underground car park in Slotsengen Hillerød.
- Assisting GroundPlug International with contract negotiations and the ongoing advisory services under the contract with Strukton Rails, which together with Thales are Design and Build Contractors handle a signalling system project.
Clemens covers both real estate and construction and has particular expertise in the purchase and sale of commercial properties, the structuring of real estate portfolios, real estate development and the financing of real estate, including the commercial leasing of properties. The practice also represents in real estate and construction disputes. Simon Langvardt Müller and Harry R. Andreasen regularly assist retailers and public institutions with the drafting and negotiation of lease agreements.
Other key lawyers:
Søren Hammer Westmark
‘The team keeps up high professional standards.’
‘Harry R. Andreasen has a long record in Denmark being second to none regarding commercial leases.’
‘Harry R. Andreasen is very unorthodox in his way of communicating and very pragmatic in his suggestion for solutions. Great knowledge in his field.’
Salling Group A/S
Ejendomsselskabet CASA A/S
Telia Danmark, Filial af Telia Nättjanster Norden AB, Sverige
Deichmann Sko ApS
IC Group A/S
Coop Danmark A/S
Danske Bank A/S
Ejendomsselskabet Olav de Linde
I/S Lorenzen Ejendomme
Søstrene Grenes Import A/S
Ball Wholesale ApS
Byggeselskab Mogens de Linde A/S
The Cosmo Group
Løvbjerg Supermarked A/S
Eriksen Entreprise A/S
- Advised Ejendomsselskabet Olav de Linde P/S on the DKK100m purchase of the central post building in Aarhus from Post Nord.
- Advised Salling Group on the acquisition of 78 stores from their competitor KIWI.
- Advising I/S Lorenzen Ejendomme regarding a DKK300m extension of Aarhus City Tower.
The practice at Elmann advises on the drafting and negotiation of real estate and construction contracts as well as on financing aspects regarding real estate transactions and project development. The firm also represents in construction disputes, which includes litigation and arbitration proceedings. Kasper Westberg acts as practice head, and has experience in advising on converting offices into residential accommodation, hotel operation management agreements and the sale of apartments.
‘Elmann is a specialist office concerning real estate matters and lease law.’
‘They answer their phone when we call, they revert quickly and give attention. Their advice is to the point.’
‘It is a very personalised service. Your prime contact takes the lead and manages contact with other Elmann employees.’
‘Kasper Westberg has extensive experience and provides high-level counselling with and in-depth commercial understanding.’
‘Kasper Westberg has extensive knowledge and experience regarding real estate. He has a hands-on approach and responds quickly and adequately.’
‘You never doubt that they are working for you.’
Elverhøj Investment Group
Reitan Ejendomsudvikling A/S
Holberg Fenger Invest A/S
Sextus Contracting ApS
HP Projekt & Udvikling ApS
Forstædernes Ejendomsaktieselskab (PKA)
RS Trylleskoven 2 ApS
Sextus Next ApS
Artha Ejerlejligheder I ApS
Jacobsen Gruppen Holding
- Advising Elverhøj Investment Group on the acquisition of a €40m development project.
- Assisting Reitan with the €10m Euro acquisition of several properties for development.
- Acting for Forstædernes Ejendomsaktieselskab on a legal dispute regarding the DKK235m sale of property.
Innova Advokatfirma advises buyers and sellers on real estate transactions. The firm is also experienced in handling real estate and construction disputes, including disputes linked to tenancy law. The firm also advises on the real estate aspects of the planning and structuring of family business successions. Elisabet Villadsen Jensen and Christian Lomborg Jessen jointly head the practice and assist with project development, project finance, and leasing aspects.
Elisabet Villadsen Jensen; Christian Lomborg Jessen
‘The team has great skills in transaction processes and real estate investments.’
‘Very strong and experienced team.’
‘Informal, yet at the same time ready to fight and represent. The team is always agile as to bringing needed knowledge to the table.’
‘Cristian Lomborg Jessen is an extremely pleasant and competent partner, who always manages to get the legal matter conveyed in an easily understandable way and always with practical examples. He responds quickly and always works with a smile.’
‘Elisabet Villadsen Jensen was always reachable when an issue aired and took the time to discuss and reach a conclusion regarding a pressing issue. Moreover, she has a very commercial and practical mindset which helped the process.’
‘The people we work with have an incredible empowering ability. In addition, they are just down to earth and at eye level, and they react very quickly.’
‘Good understanding of our core business, very high specialist knowledge on the legal stuff relevant to us.’
Ejendomsselskabet Olav de Linde A/S
BACH Invest A/S
Byggefirmaet Knudsgaard A/S
TAG DK A/S
Løgten Murer- og Entreprenør A/S
P. Olesen A/S
CJ Group A/S
SF Family Real Estate ApS
B & D Holding af 1998 ApS
Murerfirmaet Kiil & Nielsen A/S
AURA Installationer A/S
- Advising Ejendomsselskabet Olav de Linde A/S on the negotiations and preparations of a complex tripartite agreement concerning the building project P. Hjort-Lorentzens Vej.
- Advising Ejendomsselskabet Olav de Linde A/S on the negotiations and preparations of an agreement concerning the building project Ceres Allé.
- Advising the Municipality of Ikast-Brande on the construction of a new public school in Brande.
NJORD Law Firm offers legal advice on preliminary contract negotiations between contractors and developers, the assessment of contract terms, construction-related insurance and tax matters as well as lease and rent agreements. The practice also represents in real estate and construction disputes, including in disputes arising from defects and construction delays. Søren Egstrand Thomsen and Erik Larsson jointly head the practice and are experienced in real estate transactions and project financing.
Søren Egstrand Thomsen; Erik Larsson
Other key lawyers:
Steffen Hebsgaard Muff
‘It is easy to come in contact with the firm’s lawyers. Their professionalism is outstanding.’
‘We have been delighted with the services of Njord Law. They are impressive at arbitration and always seems to win.’
‘Good at getting to know technical issues relevant to our type of business in a friendly tone.’
‘Njord has a great knowledge and competence in real estate and construction.’
Bertelsen & Schevig Arkitekter
Arpe & Kjeldsholm A/S
KAJ O. Madsen A/S
Rasmus Friis A/S
Fonden for vitskøl klosters bevarelse
Ejendomsselskabet Den Franske Skole
Aluflam international A/S
Elisabeth Schwars f. Tadrups family foundation
Ellen and Karl Tadruf memory foundation
Saint-Gobain Distribution A/S
BayWa r.e. renewable energy GmbH
- Assists Københavns Universitet with a government construction project called the Niels Bohr Project with an initial budget of €214m and a current realisation value of €482m.
- Advising Arpe & Kjeldsholm A/S on construction matters related to a new urban living district called Carlsberg Byen on a former Carlsberg brewery site.
- Advising Ejendomsselskabet Den Franske Skole ApS with the selling of a school for a sum of €30.1m.
The practice at NORDIA Advokatfirma advises on real estate transactions, handles infrastructural project development cases and assists with the drafting and negotiation of construction and lease as well as sale and purchase agreements for commercial and residential buildings. The firm also assists construction companies with the establishment of construction joint ventures. Simon Sørensen, Niels Wegener and Mikkel Jarde jointly head the practice and are experienced in representing in construction litigation and arbitration.
Simon Sørensen; Niels Wegener; Mikkel Jarde
‘They have always very short response times and they are able to handle transactions of any size. Compared to full-service companies, their service is very attractive in means of value for money. Their advice is always focused on creating value for the customer and not only for the advisor. They also have very close knowledge and understanding of the real estate market, and the disciplines around the real estate market, that is taxation, corporate law, rental law.’
‘Simon Sørensen’s strengths are a high technical level in legal matters across different disciplines. In transactions concerning both real estate and companies a thorough knowledge of regulation of both real estate and corporate law is a great advantage. Besides, he is very industrious and precise.’
Udviklingsselskabet By & Havn I/S (CPH City & Port Development Partnership)
J Kristensen Ejendomme ApS
Barfoed Group P/S and group companies
Odense Boliger ApS
Sv. Aage Madsen A/S
- Assisting CPH City & Port Development Partnership with the drafting and negotiating of various agreements in relation to conditional sale of a land plot in the North Harbour of Copenhagen.
- Assisting Barfoed Group P/S with the development of housing facilities in Munkebjerg Park in Odense, including with the acquisition of some neighbouring real estate and with local planning.
- Assisting CPH City & Port Development Partnership with the sale of land plots.
The practice at SIRIUS advokater has experience in advising public institutions, developers, investors and contractors on real estate transactions and due diligence matters as well as on construction and procurement law. The practice also advises on planning law and environmental regulations. Additionally, the teams assists with the renegotiation of construction and project development contracts. Michael Vindfeldt and Liv Helth Lauersen regularly advise on PPP projects, urban development and social housing matters.
Other key lawyers:
Joachim Ørum Petersen; Søren Stenderup Jensen
‘Excellent on construction law and the team is flexible.’
‘SIRIUS advokater’s professional, dedicated and client-friendly mindset are the main reasons why I have been very satisfied working with SIRIUS advokater over the past years.’
‘The team is carefully representing the client’s interests but also dedicated to find fair solutions.’
‘Sirius’ lawyers are highly skilled experts, they know every corner of real estate and construction law. They are ambitious and thorough, and take great pride in doing their best – every time. When the situation calls for it, they are innovative and able to think out of the box. We are confident, that our legal matters are handled in the best possible way.’
‘The team at Sirius has a keen eye for providing first class commercial advice while balancing the necessity for maintaining the legal angle.’
‘Liv Helth Laursen and Michael Vindfeldt are their strongest cards.’
‘Liv Helth Lauersen stands out with her exceptional skills and experience in real estate and housing. She is intelligent, ambitious, trustworthy and reliable, and always focused on helping her client ind the best possible way.’
‘Michael Vindfeldt is one of the most professional and well rounded legal minds I have ever met.’
Instalaciones Inabensa SA
CSK Stålindustri A/S
DSV Road A/S
AKF Holding A/S
SK Forsyning A/S
Taasinge Elementer A/S
Entreprenørfirmaet Einar Kornerup A/S
UTF Holding ApS
UTF Invest Nordsjælland ApS
Stay Properties ApS
Esbønderup Invest ApS
Viggo Pedersen & Søn A/S Byggeentreprise
Nectar Asset Management ApS
Sund & Bælt Holding A/S
- Assisting Byggeskadefonden with determining who shall bear the risk of unforeseen and undesirable effects of untested building materials.
- Representing Installaciones Inabensa SA in an arbitration case and expert appraisals against Bygningsstyrelsen regarding the building of the Niels Bohr Institute.
- Representing Faxe Kommune in an arbitration case regarding faults and defects in a public-school building.
Real estate boutique WINSLØW LAW FIRM assists property owners, construction companies and real estate investors with real estate transactions through investment vehicles, due diligence, tax aspects and tenancy matters, including on the drafting and negotiation of residential and commercial lease agreements. Claudia S. Mathiasen regularly handles real estate arbitration and litigation proceedings. Iben Mai Winsløw advises on urban and green field development projects as well as on the construction of renewable energy plants. Andreas Antoniades is also noted.
Claudia S. Mathiasen; Iben Mai Winsløw
Other key lawyers:
‘Open and transparent.’
‘Winsløw Law Firm is unique in the way that the firm solely deals with real estate and construction law matters. This way the firm has in-house knowledge and as such handles all matters within these areas of expertise.’
‘It is a strong team, with dimension and strength.’
‘Claudia S. Mathiasen is a professional and knowledgeable individual. She is self-assured and easy to communicate with. She stands out as a reliable attorney.’
‘I value the professionalism and quick response in the requested subjects.’
Søby & Svane Erhverv ApS
Axel Arigato AB
Fendi Denmark ApS
By & Havn
Core Property Management P/S
Ikano Bolig A/S
Skadeservice Danmark A/S
Zeso Architects A/S
Maxavi Ejendomme ApS
Trelleborg Helårshuse-Fritidshuse A/S
Larsen & Ibsen Holding A/S
Høje Taastrup C P/S
Fokus Asset Management A/S
Søndergade Holding ApS
- Advising Høje Taastrup C P/S on an ongoing basis on the urban development of areas for residential, retail and office purposes.
- Advised Danske Shoppingcentre P/S on its acquisition of the shopping centre HerningCentret.
- Assisted ATP Ejendomme A/S with the legal work relating to the acquisition of FLSMIDTH & CO A/S’s headquarter in Copenhagen.
Aumento Law Firm
The practice at Aumento Law Firm advises on real estate transactions, construction and project development. Henrik Hjortsholm acts as the practice head and has experience in advising on residential and commercial leases as well as on the conversion of commercial properties into residential properties. The team regularly drafts and negotiates international property purchase contracts. Construction disputes are another area of expertise, which encompasses both litigation and arbitration.
‘The team complies with the agreements and the agreed time schedule. The perfection and professionalism is quite remarkable.’
‘Henrk Hjortsholm is a good and professional lawyer, always dedicated to investigating and solving the task in the best possible way.’
MM Properties ApS
Equity Partner A/S
SAP 9 Group A/S
NG 35-37 ApS
Trelleborg Sealing Solutions Helsingor A/S
Ejendomsselskabet Valdemarsgade 2015 ApS
V2C Udvikling ApS
- Advising MM Properties ApS on a DKK81m project involving the purchase of real estate companies and the development of a shopping street property.
- Advised Equity Partner A/S on the DKK48m acquisition of a commercial property in Greve on behalf of a Danish investor.
- Assisting SAP 9 Group A/S with several purchases and development projects in real estate totalling DKK50m.
DAHL Law Firm has expertise in advising property investors and business enterprises on the purchase and sale of real estate, project development, cooperative dwellings as well as on legal construction and environmental regulations concerning agriculture and forestry. The firm also assists with tax, planning and commercial law aspects. Other areas of expertise include lease agreements. Practice head Poul Jensen is also experienced in the drafting and negotiation of rental agreements.
Other key lawyers:
Janus Skak Olufsen; Hans Erik Steffensen; Anette Kusk; Niels Wulff
GALST assists property owners, contractors, real estate organisations and investors with real estate transactions and has regulatory expertise in owners’ associations and housing cooperatives. The practice also advises on housing development projects and regularly assists with tenancy law and commercial lease agreements. Kristian Dreyer is the practice head and specialises in dispute resolution related to construction, real estate transactions and leasehold agreements, which includes both litigation and arbitration.
Other key lawyers:
Christian Steen Laursen
‘Their focus is on real estate and their dedication is to serve the client the best they can.’
‘You get state of the art advice and quality of work in a timely fashion.’
‘They have a good reputation in the industry and – absolutely – they live up to their reputation.’
‘The GALST is really strong in communicating to the market and that the team is very proactice in providing information about new legislation and court decisions.’
‘The GALST real estate and construction team has proven to be best in class for advice and assistance. Whether it is a construction matter or a real estate transaction, the GALST team just shows a level of incisiveness and depth that is hard to find at other firms.’
‘Kristian Dreyer is a stand-out individual with a deep understanding of this practice area, which enables him to cut to the chase, thus serving the clients’ need in a timely fashion, and making him a trustworthy and pragmatic adviser.’
‘It is always a pleasure to work with the whole team. They are skilled and very proactive.’
CEJ Ejendomsadministration A/S
Danish Association of Chartered Estate Agents
Danish Property Federation
De Unges Almene Boligselskab
C.E. Jensens Fond
North Property Asset Management A/S
Azets ATB ApS
V. Meyer A/S
The Danish Association of private co-operative housing (ABF)
Rema Etablering A/S
- Acting for the property administration company CEJ A/S on repossession proceedings of leaseholds for the landlord, debt collection cases and construction disputes.
- Acting for JEUDAN on repossession proceedings of leaseholds and debt collection, lease law and business lease law.
- Assisting Uniroc Holding ApS, Maximim Holding ApS and Nimbus Holding ApS with the acquisition of unbuilt land and the attached building rights in Teglholmen.
The real estate and construction boutique Gangsted Law Firm advises on public construction and development projects and assists with real estate transactions, which includes both the acquisition and sale of real estate companies. Project financing is another area of expertise. Thomas Ulrik and Søren Sloth regularly assist with the drafting and negotiation of business lease agreements as well as with construction disputes, which includes both litigation and arbitration.
‘The firm is agile and competent.’
‘The practice has strong overall knowledge and is service-minded.’
‘Good knowledge and strong competencies regarding legal advice on real estate.’
‘Gangsted Law Firm has the unique strength of combining highly professional knowledge with personality and high dedication.’
‘Strategy focused on real estate and construction with a well-established business network that makes the team able to take very good care of the customer needs.’
‘Old school boutique office with new school ways of understanding customer business and giving commercial advice.’
‘The legal process of real estate acquisition was followed by a deep commercial knowledge of rent levels in the specific areas. This was a great contribution to not only the legal process but our finance process as well.’
‘One of the strongest networks in Denmark and Copenhagen.’
‘Skillful and interested in client issues.’
Gefion Group A/S
Core Hospitality A/S
Blue Capital A/S
FB Gruppen A/S
K/S Property Partners
Keystone Investment Management A/S
Wilders Plads Ejendomme A/S
DTU (Technical University of Denmark)
Zleep Hotels A/S
Dansk Asfalt A/S
European Energy A/S
Lidl Danmark K/S
HL Management A/S
Spring Estate Amagerkild A/S
Lokale og Anlægsfonden
KBS Byg A/S
Pension Danmark Ejendomme Holding P/S
Container Living Holding ApS
Refshaleøens Ejendomsselskab A/S
Top Danmark Ejendom A/S
- Advising FB Gruppen and K/S Property Partners on a €34m transaction related to the development and the construction of 121 residential turnkey units in Roskilde for the pension fund Sampension.
- Advising K/S Property Partners ad Phelix A/S as the buyers of a €10m turnkey project with 30 residential units and one supermarket.
- Advised FB Gruppen A/S on the development and €32m sale of 78 residential units to individual residential buyers and to the professional investor Dades A/S.
KLAR Advokater advises on commercial real estate and construction matters, which includes regulatory advice on development projects, transactions, leaseholds and disputes. Søren Plomgaard and Thomas O. Q. Krüger jointly head the practice and assist with the drafting and negotiation of project development plans as well as with the financing of real estate transactions. The client base consists of real estate developers, infrastructure and transport companies, retailers, IT providers and pension funds.
Søren Plomgaard and Thomas O. Q. Krüger
‘High-value, professional and skilled advice in combination with good service and fair prices.’
‘Agile and no-nonsense setup.’
‘I value the close personal dialogue and the weekly status report.’
‘KLAR Advokater is an energetic office. It has a strong core with a high level in legal matters, but always combined with a strong personal attention. In the field of large-scale urban development, KLAR Advokater is amongst the strongest.’
‘Søren Plomgaard always provides a high-value, professional and skilled advice and always with a pragmatic and commercial approach. He always has a positive attitude and approach when cooperating with the internal legal counsels.’
‘Søren Plomgaard is outstanding and easy to approach.’
‘Søren Plomgaard is very focused on the client’s end-result.’
‘Søren is very attentive, with a strong focus on both details and commercial matters.’
Ferguson Enterprises, Inc.
CPH City & Port Development
Wessel & Vett, Magasin Du Nord
Cramo Adapteo A/S
SEAS-NVE Holding A/S
Bloomon Danmark ApS
SF Management ApS
- Advised Ferguson Enterprises, Inc. on the drafting, negotiation and closing of a sale of a real estate property portfolio consisting of 19 retail properties.
- Assisted CPH City & Port Development with contract negotiation with NREP concerning sale of a plot for the sustainable building project, UN17, in Ørestad.
- Assisted A/S Wessel & Vett, Magasin Du Nord with the drafting and negotiation of a new department store lease agreement in Aalborg.
Lund Elmer Sandager advises contractors, construction companies, engineers and architects as well as investors and project service providers on matters related to property transactions, project contracts, project development, residential leasing and commercial leasing. The practice is also experienced in representing in arbitration and litigation arising from construction disputes. Practice head Steen Raagaard Andersen is a real estate expert and regularly assists with the sale and purchase of properties.
Steen Raagaard Andersen
Other key lawyers:
Schneider Electric Denmark A/S
Skonto Enterprises GMBH
- Representing Skonto in a construction law case against Züblin, which includes several claims and counterclaims on whether Skonto is entitled to the full contract sum from Züblin, which claims that Skonto has performed defective works.
- Advised Nebbegård in connection with the sale of a building located in the street Nørrebrogade, Copenhagen.
- Assisted Sjælsø Management with the completion of sale of 204 town houses and 194 resident-owned flats.
Mazanti-Andersen Korsø Jensen advises on real estate transactions and assists with the development and refurbishment of hotels, infrastructural projects, industrial properties and residential buildings. Claus Høxbro heads the practice and advises on the development of business plans for real estate projects, including construction planning as well as lease, financing contracts and investment agreements. The practice is also experienced in negotiating with government authorities on the obtainment of construction permits.
Other key lawyers:
Mette Ravn Steenstrup
‘We have a long-standing cooperation. They know our business, are creative in finding solutions, and have a broad range of relevant knowledge. They are competent in their approach and focused on the relevant matters. They do not complicate matters and have good relations with other parts of the real estate market.’
‘The expertise is very high, and we have a very personal and direct dialogue.’
‘Mazanti-Andersen Korsø Jensen provides a high level of senior attention to cases. Due to the experience in the team they also contribute positively with valuable commercial insights and know-how from other projects. Compared to other law firms, the close personal and trusted relationship with the client seems to be unique and highly value adding.’
‘Mazanti delivers on time and the partners conduct themselves in a respectful manner towards opposing lawyers and other parties involved. From my experience, they are always trying to be constructive and deal-oriented.’
‘Shows great interest in our work and understands our core business.’
‘Claus Høxbro is very structured, focused on the business development and on the specific cases. He has a good overview and is creative and solution-oriented.’
Udviklingsselskabet CØ P/S
The Silo ApS
Frederiksberg Allé 41 ApS
Cph Containers ApS
Nordkranen A/S Ejendomsudvilingsselskab
Unionkul Udvikling ApS
Rønne Havn A/S
HC Odense Ejendomme A/S
Odense Ejendomsselskab A/S
- Assisted Udviklingsselskabet CØ P/S with the development of Papirøen.
- Assisted The Silo ApS with the development of an abandoned silo until the final sale of the apartments.
- Assisted Frederiksberg alle 41 ApS with the purchase of land, the development under the planning period, the local plan, the financing, the construction and the sale.
Moalem Weitemeyer Bendtsen is experienced in advising on the real estate aspects of M&A, project development, social housing and the obtainment of building rights. The firm also handles real estate and construction disputes through both litigation and arbitration proceedings. Name partner Thomas Weitemeyer is the practice head and has expertise in real estate transactions, including in the restructuring of distressed real estate portfolios and the drafting and negotiation of creditor agreements.
GEAS Holding ApS
Sticks ‘n’ Sushi
Vision House Copenhagen
JOOL Capital Partner AB
Det Jødiske Samfund i Danmark
- Advising fsb on the construction of social housing on the island of Amager.
- Assisting fsb with an ongoing project to construct social housing on the Galleria property in Vanløse.
- Assisting DSV with the acquisition of a land area in Hedehusene.
Molt Wengel Advokatpartnerselskab
Molt Wengel Advokatpartnerselskab is active as a construction boutique and assists with project development, the regulatory framework applicable to planning matters as well as on procurement work. Name partner Christian Molt Wengel is experienced in assisting with the development of factories and energy plants as well as with property refurbishment.
Christian Molt Wengel