Bech-Bruun has a stellar reputation in the life sciences sector, where it advises high-profile clients on an array of trade mark and design, patent and regulatory matters. The group is jointly led by Claus Barrett Christiansen and Mikkel Friis Rossa; Christiansen is an experienced design and trade mark litigator noted for his Chinese multinational client roster. Klaus Ewald Madsen is praised for his patent infringement litigation track record, Christian Vinding Thomsen is ‘recognised as a leading life sciences specialist in Denmark’ and Martin Dræbye Gantzhorn demonstrates an ‘in-depth knowledge of patent and regulatory law’, while Dan Bjerg Geary focuses on licensing and IP strategies.
Intellectual property in Denmark
Claus Barrett Christiansen; Mikkel Friis Rossa
Other key lawyers:
Klaus Ewald Madsen; Martin Dræbye Gantzhorn; Christian Vinding Thomsen; Dan Bjerg Geary
‘Martin Draebye Gantzhorn and his team are incredibly responsive. Martin in particular is very knowledgeable – not just on the law but what is likely to happen commercially given the regulatory framework in Denmark. It’s his in-depth knowledge of patent and regulatory law combined which makes him an absolute leader in his field.’
‘Bech Bruun has a good ability to think commercially and to understand our company’s commercial needs and priorities. They provide our company with “all-around advice” and possess great expertise in all legal areas, not just intellectual property rights.’
‘Always available to the client, and always deliver in high quality. They have great knowledge of the pharmaceuticals industry and they are very professional – you can relax when they take over a case.’
‘They are an enthusiastic and knowledgeable team led by Claus Barrett Christiansen, who is a fantastic IP lawyer and a genuinely nice person.’
‘Bech-Bruun’s IP team is young and energetic but still possesses remarkable talent and experience.’
‘It has become one of the top firms for IP matters in Denmark. It stands out for great insight and experience within our industry and maintains an edge in delivering useful advice.’
‘Dan Bjerg Geary is very strong and an excellent connection.’
‘Christian Vinding Thomsen is highly recognized as a leading life sciences specialist in Denmark. His industry knowledge is second to none and his ability to combine legal and technical skills with a focused commercial knowledge about the industry has made him our preferred advisor for many years now.’
‘I have worked extensively with Martin Dræby Gantzhorn on various kinds of life sciences matters. In my view, Martin is by far the best regulatory life sciences lawyer in Denmark. He has in-depth legal knowledge, knows the industry very well and is very responsive and always provides very useful and practical advice.’
STARK (Texas Lonestar Fund)
Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Nordic AB
Nakdcom One World AB
A.P. Møller Maersk Holding
Hewlett Packard Enterprise
KK Wind Solutions
- Acting for Samsung Bioepis against competitor developer Fresenius Kabi in a PI case which is the first time a Danish court has established the existence of a right of prior use, and it is the first time that a PI is denied on the basis of invalidity for added matter.
- Acting for Salling Group in a case against the design company Anne Black, which is the first Danish case to interpret the CJEU Cofemel decision of 2019.
- Defending Lars Larsen Group affiliate ILVA A/S in what will be Denmark’s first criminal proceeding for violation of the GDPR.
Gorrissen Federspiel is frequently instructed by major retail, life sciences and renewable energy clients on IP litigation, trade mark issues and design portfolio management. Practice co-head Kenneth Kvistgaard-Aaholm has particular expertise in patent and trade mark enforcements, as well as defending clients against infringement claims before the Danish courts and in arbitration proceedings. Alongside his wide-ranging contentious IP capabilities, fellow co-head Lasse Skaarup Christensen regularly advises on regulatory issues concerning trade marks, designs and domain name portfolios. The group has also seen an uptick in copyright-related matters in the media space.
Lasse Skaarup Christensen; Kenneth Kvistgaard-Aaholm
Other key lawyers:
Jacob Ørndrup; Lars Segato
‘High level of legal skill, knowledge and experience. Great integrity and a strong brand. Good at communications and relationship management.’
‘Generally a strong network – mainly within Denmark.’
‘Lasse Christensen is an experienced and strong personality who is thorough in court and quite robust. He has a strong knowledge base within franchise and IP and quite a good network.’
Babcock & Wilcox Vølund A/S
Nel Hydrogen A/S
Bang & Olufsen A/S
Novo Nordisk A/S
eBay Classified Scandinavia ApS
Vestas Wind Systems A/S
GN Store Nord A/S
Chr. Hansen A/S
- Acting for Rains ApS in legal proceedings against two subsidiaries of the Spanish multi-national clothing company Industria de Diseño Textil, S.A. (“Inditex”) in relation to copyright issues.
- Representing United States Polo Association in a trade mark-related infringement against a Danish company.
- Representing Søstrene Grenes Import A/S in connection with a lawsuit from Ferm Living ApS.
Led by Mikkel Vittrup, the practice at Plesner handles non-contentious work including IP-related M&A, and is best known for its involvement in high-end contentious work, ranging from trade mark prosecutions for blue-chip multinational clients to representing design businesses in design issues. ‘Dependable, trustworthy and not afraid to dive into and understand complicated technology’, the group includes Sture Rygaard, Peter-Ulrik Plesner, Kasper Frahm and the ‘thorough and pragmatic’ Jeppe Brinck-Jensen ; all have vast experience in domestic and EU-wide patent, trade mark, product copying and parallel import enforcement actions, litigation and arbitration proceedings.
Other key lawyers:
Jeppe Brinck-Jensen; Sture Rygaard; Kasper Frahm; Nikolai Dokkedahl; Peter-Ulrik Plesner
‘Plesner provides an outstanding service. The team are always on top of their game. They are dependable, trustworthy and not afraid to dive into and understand complicated technology. They are always accessible and have a down to earth and always friendly approach.’
‘Jeppe Brinck-Jensen stands out as an intelligent and enthusiastic sparring partner and lawyer. He is thorough and pragmatic at the same time – a very rare combination.’
‘An upcoming star is Nikolai Dokkedahl – a very intelligent but humble young lawyer who definitely has a glorious career in front of him.’
The A.P. Moller – Maersk Group
- Assisted Chr. Hansen with obtaining an EU-wide injunction against DuPont Nutrition Bioscience ApS’ use of the trade mark BB-12.
- Representing Lundbeck, as well as Novo Nordisk and LEO Pharma, which have intervened in the case against Paranova Danmark A/S in support of Lundbeck; the case concerns the implications of the Falsified Medicines Directive on parallel import.
- Acted for Focus Advokater P/S in trade mark litigation against the accounting firm Beierholm.
Led by Morten Bruus, who is singled out for his 'technical excellence and good advocacy skills', Accura Advokatpartnerselskab advises a raft of clients on IP, regulatory and litigation matters. The group engages in complex patent litigation, and also handles classical IP work, ranging from prosecutions to contract drafting. Regularly involved in cases before the Danish High Courts, the Supreme Court and the CJEU, it has also seen an uptick in parallel import cases. IP prosecution head Christina Type Jardorf also focuses on product imitations, copyright infringements and unfair marketing practice issues.
Other key lawyers:
Christina Type Jardorf
‘Full attention immediately to a request from me as a customer, regardless of the nature of the request. Good planning, timely attention, systematic approach, and delivery on time – always.’
‘The team is quite small but they have very good capabilities within the broader IP area including patents.’
‘The head of the team Morten Bruus is a clever and experienced IP litigator. He is very pleasant to work with and very strategic.’
‘Always accessible, acts really fast in a very qualitative manner. Always following up, keeping us informed and suggesting next steps for us to accept. Very proactive and with a 100% success rate.’
‘They stand out in their agreeable attitude, high-quality work and always on time and fast.’
‘I was very impressed by Morten and would happily work with him and his team again. As well as technical excellence and good advocacy skills he impressed with his commitment to the case and ensuring that our clients won.’
Sanofi Group (Sanofi A/S)
Merck & Co., Inc. (Merck Sharp & Dohme in Europe)
Statens Serum Institut (SSI)
Dulong Fine Jewellery
Pas Normal Studios
Rocabao – Chocolate & Love
Dansk Farmaceutisk Industri (Beauty Bear)
OeO Design Studios
- Representing Merck Sharp and Dohme in trade mark litigation against parallel importers; the case concerns the interpretation of the Falsified Medicines Directive and the Trade mark Regulation/Directive, and seven preliminary questions have been referred to the CJEU.
- Represented Merck Sharp and Dohme in Denmark’s first major biosimilar patent litigation (Preliminary Injunction) at the Maritime & Commercial Court.
- Representing Sanofi against Novo Nordisk in a court case regarding unlawful international marketing of pharmaceuticals before the Danish Maritime and Commercial High Court.
Primarily instructed by life sciences, sport and media clients, the IP group at Kromann Reumert, which is headed up by Nicolai Lindgreen, specialises in patent litigation, an area in which clients say it displays ‘experience, high legal standards, creativity, clear communications, business understanding and availability’. Martin Dahl Pedersen has considerable expertise in copyright mandates, sports issues and domain name disputes, while Nicolaj Bording focuses on major patent and trade mark cases. Frank Bøggild also handles counterfeit goods, marketing and unfair competition law litigation and arbitrations.
Other key lawyers:
Frank Bøggild; Martin Dahl Pedersen; Nicolaj Bording
‘The experience, high legal standards, creativity, clear communications, business understanding and availability – these are among the qualities that make the IT practice at Kromann Reumert’s unique.’
‘Partners Frank Bøggild and Martin Dahl Pedersen stand out. They really are the best within their field. Excellent legal advisors. Always find new angles to a case.’
- Defended Biogen in biosimilar litigation, obtaining a rare finding that Biogen had a prior use right for its adalimumab formulation.
- Acted for DuPont in litigation on entitlement to pending patent applications and obtained a finding that it is not possible to claim entitlement based on prior publications.
- Represented Danisco against Novozymes’ entitlement claim to two of Danisco’s pending patent applications.
Lundgrens is particularly active in contentious work ‘ranging from complex cross-border trade mark litigation cases to local trade mark prosecution issues’, as well as patent infringement cases. Following the loss of Jakob Krag Nielsen to Horten, Nina Ringen, who is ‘one of the most experienced trade mark lawyers in Denmark’, is now sole practice leader. Alongside its disputes specialism, the group also possesses non-contentious capabilities, including expertise in handling trade mark portfolios, copyright regulations, design issues, trade secrets, domain names, anti-counterfeit programs and the IP aspects of transactions.
Other key lawyers:
Søren Danelund Reipurth; Rasmus Vang
‘Lundgrens is a prime address for IPR owners wanting to have all their issues ironed out by one team. The business-focused lawyers are always providing commercially minded analysis that takes into account the client’s wider goals’
‘Nina Ringen is a top-quality, pragmatic and solution-oriented lawyer that is accessible no matter what time of day it is. Her advice always brings added value to our company and her strategic guidance is very effective.’
‘Nina Ringen is very responsive and provides quality advice within the whole range of IP.’
‘Rasmus Vang is an incredible asset to our company as he is very responsive with great analyses of the questions and issues at hand. He has also shown us first hand that he is a top-class litigator.’
‘Lundgrens is a very strong firm when it comes to IP, and their trade mark and design team is no exception. They are precise in their advice and are excellent at selecting the registrations that will have the greatest impact on the company. Furthermore, they are very proactive and inform you about any changes that may impact your registrations, inter alia, impacts of Brexit and new regulations. A very client-oriented firm.’
‘ Rasmus Vang is a top IP lawyer and litigator. He is very knowledgeable, both in relation to IP and to the industry in general. In addition, he also has a unique business understanding, and you always know that he puts your business first when he provides advice.’
‘Lundgrens is one of those firms where you feel like true professionals are putting time and effort into making sure your IP matters are in as good a shape as possible. They are super knowledgeable and easy to get along with – my highest recommendations!’
‘The lawyers in the team are competent, experienced and very easy to work with. I have experience from working with them in different kinds of matters, ranging from complex cross-border trade mark litigation cases to local trade mark prosecution issues, and it has always worked out great.’
‘Working with Nina Ringen is a true joy. She is very responsive and available, and her advice is always very practical and spot-on, also when the case is more difficult. She is definitely one of the most experienced trade mark lawyers in Denmark.’
BLAST Pro Series
Baum und Pferdgarten A/S
Carl Hansen & Søn A/S
Bauer Media Group
- Defended Mylan/Generics UK at the Eastern High Court in a multi-jurisdictional SPC-case avoiding a preliminary injunction against the marketing of the generic version of the HIV-drug TRUVADA.
- Representing Interflora Denmark in trade mark enforcement proceedings before the Eastern High Court, leading to the upholding of the trade mark SIG DET MED BLOMSTER as well as the recognition of the reputation of the mark.
- Represented IJH A/S before the Danish Supreme Court in a copyright-in-fashion case before the Supreme Court since 2012, which led to the ground-breaking judgment of the Supreme Court, accepting for the first time the EU harmonisation of the originality requirement in copyright law, also in relation to fashion products.
Acting for an assortment of domestic and international clients, DLA Piper Denmark's expertise covers the full spectrum of enforcement strategies and IP work across trade marks, patents, designs, domain names, anti-counterfeiting issues and marketing law. Practice head Annemette Ellermann Holmbom also handles IP disputes and settlement agreements, as well as trade mark license agreements. Another name to note is ‘solution-oriented’ legal director Anette Moll Berg.
Annemette Ellermann Holmbom
Other key lawyers:
Anette Moll Berg
‘The team is competent, experienced, and responsive.’
‘Annemette Ellermann has great and up-to-date expertise, always able to give good and specific advice that is useful for us as a firm, easy to get in touch with, good at assessing what is necessary for our firm to take action on so that we use our resources efficiently.’
‘Anette Moll Berg is solution-oriented and has a good commercial understanding.’
Louis Poulsen A/S
M&E Engineering A/S
Normann Copenhagen ApS
By Lassen ApS
Hottinger Brüel & Kjær A/S
Hottinger Baldwin Messtechnik GmbH
Foss Analytical A/S
- Represented e-Boks A/S in a matter it contested two EU trade marks by way of opposition, an appeal and an invalidation action based upon the reputation of eBoks in Denmark and a number of Danish trade mark registrations.
- Representing Louis Poulsen A/S in a trade mark infringement matter against its competitors.
- Representing M&E Engineering A/S in a matter concerning a licensee manufacturer’s production of a similar fire-proof exit-sign to the clients.
The IP team at Horten is now co-led by Asger Heine Jensen and Jakob Krag Nielsen, a former group head at Lundgrens who clients describe as ‘a great addition due to his patent litigation capabilities’. Traditionally, the firm has notable strengths in trade mark disputes, but is increasingly instructed in copyright, unfair marketing and media-related matters. Anders Valentin and Jens Jakob Bugge departed to set up their own boutique IP firm Bugge Valentin along with Christian Kragelund.
Asger Heine Jensen; Jakob Krag Nielsen
‘Jakob Krag Nielsen was a great addition due to his patent litigation capabilities. Jakob always creates a team with high demands yet an open and down to earth atmosphere, which can be rare.’
‘Jakob Krag Nielsen is very skilled and experienced in handling patent infringement litigation.’
‘The IPTEK team is one of the four old IP teams in Denmark. It excels not only in handling complex contentious matters but also, and perhaps compared to its competitors, superior interdisciplinary non-contentious matters.’
‘Horten has world-class IP law competences.’
‘Jakob is very grounded and has an excellent in-depth knowledge of this area.’
‘This is an excellent practice group with a deep understanding of clients needs. They are always willing to go the extra mile to achieve outstanding results.’
‘Jakob Nielsen is a brilliant, internationally-minded litigator.’
‘Jakob Krag Nielsen is always able to relate to the client’s needs when solving legal issues. He has in-depth legal experience and a commercial understanding of the industries his clients are working in. He is a trusted advisor with an honest and professional approach.’
City of Copenhagen (Municipality of Copenhagen)
Saint Gobain Group
- Defended Mylan Group in preliminary injunction proceedings as part of a set of complex multi-jurisdictional patent/Supplementary Protection Certificate (SPC) cases between pharmaceuticals giants Mylan and Gilead Sciences.
- Assisting Kiloo with strategic advice and instructing local counsel in the landmark class actions filed against Kiloo, Disney and Viacom concerning online advertisement to children in app games.
- Assisting the City of Copenhagen with negotiating with UEFA, the Danish Football Federation and Amaury Sport Organisation regarding the terms for UEFA’s postponement of UEFA EURO 2020 to 2021; negotiations involved a vast array of IP issues pertaining to the brands and properties involved, rights of commercial partners etc.
Lassen Ricard primarily advises clients in the media space on IP rights and digital copyright issues including assisting radio and television broadcasters, third party TV distributors and online services with the use of audio-visual material and the acquisition and exploitation of copyrights. Group head Peter Lambert represents clients in contentious court proceedings, while Steen Lassen regularly drafts and negotiates copyright agreements.
Other key lawyers:
‘Steen Lassen is passionate and a truly great lawyer.’
TV 2 Denmark
TV 2 Norway
VG Media rep. Sat1 and Pro7
Jeppe Brogaard Clausen and Thomas Ryhl lead the team at NJORD Law Firm, which represents brand owners in the protection and enforcement of IP rights and is prominent in the life sciences space. Clausen is noted for his expertise in counterfeit and passing off cases, as well as copyright infringement matters in the music and film industries, while Rhyl specialises in life sciences regulations and IP litigation relating to EU-wide law. Malene Fagerberg left the group in mid-2020 to a DPO position.
Jeppe Brogaard Clausen; Thomas Ryhl
Other key lawyers:
Estrella Maarud AS
The Whole Company – including Castus, Fredsted, Heidelberg, and Jemo-pharm
Coty – including Davidoff, Calvin Klein, Marc Jacobs etc.
Smith & Nephew
- Lead counsel for the European pharmaceuticals industry in Europe-wide litigation against parallel importers; a number of cases on the new rules (Falsified Medicines Directive) before the CJEU.
- Advising Coloplast International on a number of complex EU regulatory matters, as well as on EU competition law and the interplay with the EU procurement rules, on a pan-European level.
- Advising Louis Vuitton on the protection of IP rights in Nordic countries, litigating if and when necessary.
Notably active in the south of Denmark, Kolding-based outfit Andersen Partners primarily advises on IP strategies and handles licence and transfer agreements. Kenneth Cramer and Lisbeth Elmgaard lead the group, which also acts for clients on the enforcement of rights before administrative complaints boards and courts, largely in matters concerning trade marks, copyrights, designs and internet domain rights.
Kenneth Cramer; Lisbeth Elmgaard
Mos Mosh A/S
Baby Dan A/S
Hyundai Bil Import A/S
Beirholms Væverier A/S
Ball Wholesale ApS
Yab Yum Holding ApS
Aurora Group Danmark A/S
- Represented Mos Mosh A/S in an appeal case before the Western High Court – which was initiated by the Patent and Trademarks Board of Appeals – regarding the validity of the client’s trade mark.
- Acted for Ellepot A/S in a matter related to a previous settlement in court regarding marketing statements used by the defendant regarding the product PlantPaper.
- Defended Lowenco A/S in a Maritime and Commercial Court matter initiated by Arctiko A/S regarding among others the right for the client to manufacture, offer and sell a low temperature freezer.
Fully worker-owned IP boutique Awa Law Advokater ApS is noted for handling global IP portfolios and the related enforcement issues for a range of high-profile clients, as well as infringement litigation and preliminary injunctions. The firm is led by Anette Rasmussen, whose expertise runs the gamut of copyrights, patents, trade marks, domain names and marketing practices.
Other key lawyers:
Janne Britt Hansen; Mette Parlev; Maria Dam Jørgensen
‘The team at AWA deliver the required amount of information needed for me to make decisions, in a concise matter.’
‘Maria Dam Jørgensen is extremely professional and understands how to communicate the complexities of a case into the strategic information I need to make decisions.’
ISS World Services A/S
FERRERO MSC GmbH & Co. KG
Sandoz International GmbH
- Handling Pandora A/S’ global trade mark portfolio, providing strategic advice and clearance asisstance.
- Acting for ISS World Services A/S in ongoing global trade mark portfolio management and enforcement issues, including recent revisions to its trade mark strategy.
- Handling trade mark portfolio work for Starbucks, including clearance work in Denmark.
Bird & Bird Advokatpartnerselskab has a strong track record in the IT and media sectors, particularly in cross-border work. Key areas of focus include licence agreements and IP rights issues concerning database rights, domain names and trade marks. Group head Peer B. Petersen also assists clients from the music and film industries on copyright law issues, including infringement cases.
Peer B. Petersen
Other key lawyers:
Mogens Dyhr Vestergaard
‘Strong knowledge – even in cross-border cases.’
‘Very skilled in handling IP. Good knowledge which makes the cooperation smooth.’
Sony Music Entertainment A/S
Meta Film A/S
Åndsvidenskabsforlaget (the Spiritual Science Foundation)
SAM Productions ApS
Monster Energy Denmark
DXC Technology Company
M2 Film A/S
Konica Minolta Business Solutions Denmark A/S
- Assisting Sony Music on an ongoing basis with its attempts to transform and adapt its business to meet the IP-related demands of the ever-developing changes in technology.
- Assisting META Film on an ongoing basis with matters where titles and content of film productions on the drawing board potentially could involve trade mark and other IP rights conflicts.
- Assisting SAM Productions with the negotiation and drafting of agreements with broadcasters, financiers and international TV distributors on the production, launch and distribution of several new international TV-series.
Led by Pia Kirstine Voldmester, Bruun & Hjejle's team has notable strengths in unlawful marketing claims arising under the Danish Marketing Practices Act, the drafting of license agreements and the IP dimensions of M&A deals. The group represents clients in litigation proceedings concerning the protection and enforcement of IP rights, including counterfeiting claims.
Pia Kirstine Voldmester
MLDK – Mærkevareleverandørerne (Danish Association of Branded Goods Manufacturers)
Old Irish Pub
Baum & Pferdgarten (Scandinavian Designers)
Karnov Group Denmark
Tiebreak Int. ApS and Aceline
Autobudget Europe and Autorola
- Represented the plaintiff MLDK – Mærkevareleverandørerne in a high-profile court case of general public awareness before the Danish Maritime and Commercial Court.
- Represented Old Irish Pub Denmark in a marketing law landmark case before the Danish Maritime and Commercial High Court; concerning the legality of a supermarket campaign, which raised questions related to the Danish Marketing Practices Act.
- Acted for Swedish Match in cases before The Danish Safety Technology Authority, which has ordered Oliver Twist and the Swedish Match group not to use three of the group’s product names as the Authority finds that the names are in conflict with the tobacco marketing rules (TPDII).
Founded in early 2020, Bugge Valentin provides clients with 'a broad range of services in the IP field, including advice, prosecution, national and cross-border litigation'. Firm founders and IP co-heads Jens Jakob Bugge, Anders Valentin and Christian Kragelund left Horten to set up the practice, which predominantly handles trade mark, copyright, patent and unfair marketing litigation. It also handles the administration of trade mark and design portfolios.
Jens Jakob Bugge; Anders Valentin; Christian Kragelund
‘The firm is one of the only full-service IP law firms in the Danish market that is able to offer a broad range of services in the IP field, including advice, prosecution, national and cross-border litigation. They are extremely specialised and have a clear understanding of clients’ business needs, challenges and procedures.’
‘Incredibly hands-on and effective. IP infringement is their breakfast, lunch and dinner. I know that I get the best, quickest and most practicable advice in Denmark when I work with this firm.’
‘Jens Jakob Bugge is just excellent – I’m always very impressed by his advice.’
‘Anders Valentin is an absolutely ingenious lawyer and communicator and is considered our primary external legal advisor and partner.’
‘They are very pragmatic and thorough; and at the same time, know the client’s needs (including budget) and are very nice to work with on top.’
Danske Spil A/S
Universal Robots A/S
Abacus Medicine A/S
Deere & Co
Mobile Industrial Robots (MiR) A/S
MC2 Therapeutics A/S
Hästens Sängar AB
Visma Bluegarden A/S
Jennewein Biotechnologie GMBH
Japan Tobacco International
Egmont International Holding A/S
- Representing seven individuals with the family name Ørsted – descendants of the famous Danish scientist Hans Christian Ørsted – in a trade mark dispute concerning the renaming and rebranding of a company.
- Representing Abacus Medicine in three separate disputes before the Maritime & Commercial High Court instigated by MSD and Novartis respectively concerning the interpretation of a new directive on falsified medicines in conjunction with parallel imports of medicines.
- Represented Sandoz in a patent case concerning Gilead’s attempted enforcement of its Tenofovir SPC.
Rasmus Munk Nielsen and Simon Langvardt Müller lead the team at Clemens, which assists clients with the commercialisation and protection of IP rights, including trade marks, designs, copyrights and patents. The group has experience acting for clients on the protection and enforcement of IP rights through litigation and arbitration proceedings, especially in patent infringement and counterfeit matters.
Rasmus Munk Nielsen; Simon Langvardt Müller
‘When I email or call regarding an inquiry, I get to talk to a competent employee who can help me.’
‘I primarily use Rasmus Munk Nielsen to assist me in drafting international trade agreements. Rasmus is very competent and a great help for a small company like ours.’
Nordheat Danmark A/S
Mjølner Informatics A/S
User IT ApS
Interflora Danmark A/S
- Represented Nordheat Danmark A/S in a court action before the Western High Court in which Linka Energy A/S was claiming that the client had been violating the claimant’s patent relating to a certain type of burner.
DAHL Law Firm has particular expertise in court actions concerning copyright and design infringements. Jointly led by Claus Sørensen and Søren Wolder, who both have strong cross-sectoral knowledge, the group also assists clients with commercial IP strategies, advice on commercialisation matters including license agreements, and the management of IP portfolios.
Claus Sørensen; Søren Wolder
Other key lawyers:
Claes Wildfang; Frederik Bruhn; Michael Rehling
‘We are always in good hands at DAHL and they are 100% focused on what makes it easy for us to keep our IP in good shape.’
‘Always on and ready to answer quickly with simple advice.’
‘The department covers all specialities with experts that possess all of the key competencies.’
‘The team has deep industry knowledge.’
‘Specialised staff with professional business knowledge and attitudes.’
Automester Bramstrup ApS
DK Company A/S
DK Company Vejle A/S
Ikadan Plast A/S
OG E-sport A/S
- Advised Liqtech Holding A/S on a method patent infringement, including in preliminary injunction and security of evidence matters.
- Acting for Frifeldt in an action brought by a competitor, claiming copyright infringement in respect of a floorplan.
- Acting for DK Company Vejle A/S in a court action brought by a competitor, claiming copyright and design infringement.
With experience across the spectrum of trade mark, design, copyright and patent law, IP boutique LØJE IP is spearheaded by litigation specialist Johan Løje, who is noted for handling litigation for Danish furniture companies and smaller corporate designers, mainly concerning copyright infringement issues.
DISA Industries A/S
SP Group A/S
Timothy Jacob Jensen A/S
Too Good To Go A/S
KH Würtz ApS
Garde Hvalsøe A/S
Mette Ditmer A/S
Trek Bicycle Corporation
- Successfully represented Anne Black A/S in a copy case against retail giant Netto A/S.
- Representing design company Mette Dittmer A/S in an unfair competition and copyright case against discount outlet chain Jysk A/S, covering more than 12 different designs copied and sold in more than 25 countries.
- Successfully acted for KH Würtz A/S against large retail company F&H A/S and Christian Bitz for infringement of its world-famous tableware.
The practice at GALST focuses on the drafting and negotiation of IP contracts, copyright infringement issues and anti-counterfeit cases. Practice head Hans Christian Galst has extensive experience in the media, entertainment and sports sectors, where he advises clients on copyright protection matters and enforcements. The group also handles international trade mark and design registration procedures.
Hans Christian Galst
Other key lawyers:
‘The team works very efficiently together and allocates the appropriate resources dynamically.’
‘The team seems to enjoy working together and the spirit and drive are outstanding.’
‘Hans Christian Galst is second to none in the sense that he is a very likeable, kind and calm person when you meet him. And when it comes to professional discipline, he is more or less unbeatable.’
‘Hans Christian Galst is always able to see things and a case from different perspectives and is very flexible and dynamic in his approach – even in complex cases where the opponent may be putting in a lot of resources and power to win.’
Leman International System Transport A/S
Mads Goth Hartmann Holding ApS
Den Kongelige Livgardes Musikkorps Fond
Nordic Copyright Bureau
Rasol Agro A/S
European Lifecare Group A/S
RT Stainless A/S
Forlaget Delta ApS
Netflix Studios LLC
Friese Fraase Art and Publishing ApS
Forlaget Zebra ApS
- Advised Netflix Studios on Danish copyright law in a comparison between Danish, Norwegian and Swedish law.
- Assisting Blu A/S with negotiating the recording and management agreements for the winners and finalist of X factor 2020.
- Assisting Friese Fraase Art and Publishing ApS with negotiating co-publisher agreements in the music industry.
Under the leadership of Nina Henningsen, who arrived from Horten in late 2019, Mazanti-Andersen regularly advises clients on trade mark, copyright and commercial rights issues, with notable strength in the gambling and media sectors. The group has additional experience in trade mark litigation and IP-related issues which arise in broadcasting, SVOD distribution and film and TV production matters.
Other key lawyers:
Mia Anne Gantzhorn
Mood Media International
Turner Broadcasting LTD
The regional TV2 Stations
Scandinavian film fund
Odense Handball Club
Sweet Chili Entertainment
- Represented LeoVegas (one of the largest gambling providers on the Danish market) in a case against the Danish Football Association regarding IP and marketing rights.
- Advising a wide range of international media companies in principle negotiations against Danish CMO’s concerning the rights to use copyright-protected content and music in film and TV productions.
- Advised Odense Handball Club on a range of IP related issues including player contracts and agreements, TV rights, sponsor agreements and legal issues regarding concerts and events.
At Moalem Weitemeyer, the IP group predominantly acts for gambling operators, professional soccer clubs and fashion industry clients on brand and trade mark registration and protection matters, as well as handling infringement cases. The department is led by Pernille Nørkær, whose practice also encompasses counterfeit disputes and the IP elements of wider transactions.
Other key lawyers:
‘MWB’s team is knowledgeable and professional.’
ZWILLING J. A. HENCKELS A/S SCANDINAVIA
DAY Birger et Mikkelsen
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc
FC Nordsjælland A/S
Build a Bear
HBO Nordic AB
MN Retail ApS
Lars Larsen Watches
Butler’s Choice A/S
Permobil Danmark A/S
Smarkets (Malta) Limited
VKR Holding A/S
Astralis Group A/S
Birger Christensen A/S
- Advising Astralis Group A/S on multiple ongoing IP licensing and cooperation agreements, including a historic sponsorship agreement with Hummel, a major Danish sports and fashion brand.
- Advising FC Nordsjælland A/S on an ongoing basis regarding commercial and strategic issues, including IP rights.
- Advising Group 888 on an ongoing basis regarding marketing and IP related issues, including regulatory advice.
Zacco’s practice, which is headed up by Thomas Mølsgaard, acts for medium-sized and large Danish and international companies on a variety of IP-related matters. The group is particularly active in trade mark protection, enforcement and litigation work, design issues, patent cases, domain names, copyrights and anti-counterfeiting matters, as well as IP infringements.
Other key lawyers:
Stig H. Ekmann
Arla Foods Amba
Lego Juris A/S
Maharishi Vedic University Ltd, Malta
Tryg Forsikring A/S
Assa Abloy AB
Monsanto International SARL
Chanel SAS and Chanel SARL
Reddit Inc., US
Sunoco LP, Sunoco Overseas, Inc.
- Acted for Assa Abloy AB in a patent and design infringement case.
- Advised PUMA SE on a trade mark opposition complaint.
- Acted for Sunoco LP and Sunoco Overseas, Inc. in a trade mark infringement and passing-off case.