Intellectual property in Denmark
Bech-Bruun has expertise in providing advice on trademark and design aspects, patent law and regulations in the life science sector. The practice also advises on copyright law and provides advice concerning marketing-related regulations. Claus Barrett Christiansen and Martin Dræbye Gantzhorn jointly head the practice and regularly act for prominent individuals on royalty and trademark infringements as well as on merchandising litigation. Klaus Ewald Madsen is a patent litigator. Aarhus-based Dan Bjerg Geary has trademark and marketing law expertise and assists companies on licensing and IP strategies.
Claus Barrett Christiansen; Martin Dræbye Gantzhorn
Other key lawyers:
Christian Vinding Thomsen
‘Bech-Bruun’s IP department in Aarhus is second-to-none within IP in Denmark. We especially appreciate the pragmatic, commercial mind-set and the outstanding expert knowledge of Dan Bjerg Geary and the rest of the IP team.’
‘The Bech-Bruun IP team is very skilled within all areas of IP – they are good listeners which makes it easy to explain your problem and afterwards receive the exact answer! They work fast and very professionally.’
‘Very few if any trademark lawyers have the global legal knowledge, experience and cultural understanding that Claus Barrett Christiansen and his team possess. The communication is excellent and they always make an extraordinary effort.’
‘We are very pleased with the level of service received from Bech-Bruun’s IP practice. We regard the overall service level from Dan Bjerg Geary as second-to-none.’
‘Hardworking and always available. Legal smartness combined with a commercial mind-set makes the team to a great adviser.’
‘Dan Bjerg Geary provides outstanding legal services and succeeds in delivering legal services reflecting in-depth experience and knowledge of the industry, yet demonstrating great understanding of our business. I consider Dan to be amongst the top IP-lawyers in Denmark.’
‘Our key contacts at Bech-Bruun is Claus Barrett Christiansen who is an outstanding lawyer. The best of the best.’
‘Our primary contact is Dan Bjerg Geary who is very responsive and very competent in all IP issues.’
‘Dan Bjerg Geary puts great efforts into understanding our business, and provides excellent advice that suites our requests.’
Blue Water Shipping
Copenhagen Health Tech Cluster
Arp-Hansen Hotel Group
- Represented Fiskars Denmark A/S in a high court litigation with a designer on brand rights.
- Advising Schneider Corporation on brand protection, trademark enforcement and a successful parallel imports litigation before courts.
- Represented AMGEN AB and AMGEN Inc in a case before a national regulator the Danish Medicines Agency on the alleged infringement by an employee and AMGEN of the Danish Medicines Act due to the employee’s share and like of a AMGEN corporate press release on LinkedIn.
Gorrissen Federspiel advises on franchise and chain operations and acts for clients on patent licensing, particularly in the life sciences, food, chemical products, biotech and renewable energy sectors. Practice head Lasse A. Søndergaard Christensen regularly advises on regulatory matters concerning trademarks, design and domain names portfolios. The firm’s IP litigation work includes injunctive relief matters in relation to patents, copyright, marketing law issues and trademarks. The team also possesses expertise in the interplay between marketing law, consumer law, e-commerce law and data protection involving digital businesses, especially in respect of e-commerce, social media and other online platforms. Kenneth Kvistgaard-Aaholm is a key contact in Aarhus.
Lasse A. Søndergaard Christensen
Other key lawyers:
Jacob Ørndrup; Kenneth Kvistgaard-Aaholm
‘Very hands on, but also legally strong team that covers all corners of the field. High service level, good tone of voice and deliver on the result.’
‘A very capable team at every level which functions at a uniform level of excellence. Impeccable ethical standards. In addition, they are easy to work with and client-focused. Their capability and consistency in following client instructions is impressive.’
‘Clearly the best firm in Denmark. The IP team is second-to-none, with all lawyers being of a consistent, very high quality.’
‘Highly specialised IP lawyers, quick response time, quality advice.’
‘Service minded and practical advice.’
‘Lasse A. Søndergaard Christensen is the undisputed leader, having strong tactical insights and overview.’
‘Lasse A. Søndergaard Christensen is head of IP and an absolute star. He offers strategic, valuable advice in a league of its own. No-nonsense language and very commercially-minded.’
‘Client-oriented, honest, flexible.’
‘Lasse A. Søndergaard Christensen provides the strategic overview required for high complexity matters: it is clear to me that the more complex the matter, the more value he is able to add.’
Vestas Wind Systems
Fan Milk International
Glud & Marstand
Bang & Olufsen
A. P. Møller-Mærsk
Linco Food Systems (part of the BAADER Group)
- Represented Coloplast A/S in a case regarding a patent infringement.
- Representing Align Technology, Inc. in a case regarding patent infringement and the interpretation of a terminated collaboration agreement, including the forum selection clause contained therein.
- Representing Rains ApS against two subsidiaries of Industria de Diseño Textil, S.A. in a case concerning, amongst other matters, copyrights infringements.
Kromann Reumert advises on both contentious and non-contentious IP matters, including assistance with trademark law, counterfeit goods, marketing and unfair competition law. The practice is also experienced in covering sports law, litigation regarding copyright infringements on the internet and domain name disputes. Practice head Nicolai Lindgreen is an experienced trademark and general IP litigator, which includes expertise in IP enforcement, patent and trademark law. Nicolaj Bording has expertise in the drafting and negotiation of IP-related contracts as well as in IP transactions with impact on software rights. Martin Dahl Pedersen covers copyright law matters as well as sports law and domain name disputes.
Other key lawyers:
‘Kromann Reumert stands out as one of the most comprehensive and competent law firms in Denmark. The quality of the work and their professionalism are second to none in Denmark. The same goes for their integrity.’
‘Extremely creative and client-centric patent litigators.’
‘They cover all IP specialities.’
‘Nicolai Lindgreen is a very credible senior statesman – an academic bearing but not afraid to get his hands dirty. Nicolaj Bording is the heir apparent and has a very cool head and calm demeanour in court.’
- Advised DowDuPont on the entitlement to European patent applications.
- Represented KRKA Sverige AB on $5m patent infringement proceedings regarding AstraZeneca’s patent on Esomeprazol.
- Successfully represented Biogen against the alleged infringement of two of Fresenius Kabi’s utility models protecting certain adalimumab formulations.
The practice at Plesner is experienced in advising on trademark law and regularly represents in trademark prosecution proceedings. The practice also acts for clients such as social media celebrities in matters relating to copyright infringements. Practice head Mikkel Vittrup and Peter-Ulrik Plesner focus on patent enforcement, which includes representing pharmaceutical originator companies in patent disputes. Kasper Frahm has experience in providing advice in administrative cases on trademarks, designs and domain name as well as in conducting IP litigation. Sture Rygaard’s litigation experience extends to EU-wide preliminary injunctions.
Other key lawyers:
‘Mikkel Vittrup and his team has significant experience with IP law within life science, especially when it comes to originators products, which is important to know for a client.’
‘Plesner’s local knowledge can be taken for granted, so I will instead highlight their ability to work as a team and make a client feel part of the ground effort, which helps deliver better results.’
‘Denmark’s best known litigation firm retains a number of excellent staff so that it hold a premier position for IP matters.’
‘Very strong knowledge of the legal area, and provides fast and reliable sparring even to complex issues, still with strong business understanding.’
‘Personality, excellent verbal advocacy skills, deep legal knowledge.’
The A.P. Moller – Maersk Group
The LEGO Group
The Astrid Lindgren Company
- Representing Eli Lilly and Company, ICOS Corporation and Eli Lilly Danmark A/S in a DKK35m case where Sandoz claims that Eli Lilly’s patent concerning tadalafil is invalid due to the lack of inventive steps.
- Successfully represented Hero AG and Semper Danmark ApS in a DKK70m case where Bisca A/S, Royal Biscuit Nordic A/S and Royal Biscuit Co A/S had allegedly copied the packaging of Hero and Semper’s müsli bars.
- Successfully represented MLD ApS in a case against Volu Ventis ApS and P/F Vonin where the counterparties claimed that MLD ApS’ production and marketing of a trawl door constituted an infringement of the utility model and patent owned by the counterparties.
Accura Advokatpartnerselskab has expertise in counterfeit and unfair imitation litigation matters relating to design, jewellery and sports apparel. The practice also advises on regulatory matters, especially with regards to marketing law, parallel import, co-development and licensing arrangements as well as cases brought before authorities and ethical committees. The practice also offers strategic advice on IP aspects in connection with M&A transactions. Practice head Morten Bruus has expertise in the life science industries and advises pharmaceutical, medical device and food industries on patent litigation.
Other key lawyers:
Christina Type Jardorf
‘The team is responsive, thorough and highly-knowledgeable.’
‘Always swift and accurate, deals with our cases very professionally.’
‘I found Morten to be commercial and pragmatic in his approach and advice and very easy to work with as part of a large team, sometimes with different perspectives and views on how to approach the case.’
‘Very good legal and industry knowledge. Focuses on the relevant items.’
‘Very customer-centric and pragmatic in their approach, combining legal capabilities with a human approach.’
‘Morten Bruus has very good legal and industry knowledge.’
‘Even on partner level, the approach is very customer-orientated and offers the client great flexibility. Also, the associates are very down to earth but also very knowledgeable in their specific areas of responsibility.’
Merck & Co., Inc.
MSD Danmark ApS
Leo Pharma A/S
Reckitt Benckiser Group
Samsøe Samsøe A/S
Leo Pharma A/S
Dulong Fine Jewerly A/S
Anthill Agency A/S
Nordic Capital Limited
- Representing Merck, Sharp & Dohme B.V. and MSD Denmark Aps in a biosimilar patent litigation at the Maritime & Commercial Court.
- Represented Sanofi A/S in a preliminary injunction against the use of an international press release.
- Advised Leo Pharma A/S on the worldwide acquisition of a portfolio of medical products in the field of dermatology, which involved negotiations on patent, trademark and know-how assignment agreements, transitional license agreements, commercialisation agreements as well as product supply and manufacturing agreements.
The practice at Horten regularly advises on trademark, patent, copyright, design rights and marketing law, particularly in the life sciences, technology, media and entertainment sector as well as in connection with branded goods. The practice also advises on the administration of trademarks and design portfolios as well as on trademark licensing litigation and advertisement disputes.
Other key lawyers:
Asger Heine Jensen; Christian Kragelund
‘I value the speed and nearness in solving our issues.’
‘I have worked with Jens Jakob Bugge to my full satisfaction on a few cases. From this cooperation it became clear to me that he has a lot of knowledge of IP and is very experienced in handling IP disputes. He is an excellent negotiator, is easy to approach and is proactive and practical in his approach, never losing sight of the client’s interests.’
Hästens Sengar AB
Orkla, including Kim’s
Haribo (RIGO Trading)
LM Wind Power A/S
Deere & Co.
Saint Gobain Group
Arne Jacobsen Design
Universal Robots A/S
Mobile International Robots A/S
Leo Pharma A/S
- Representing Abacus Medicine in three separate ordinary proceedings instigated by Merck and Novartis before the Maritime & Commercial High Court regarding a trademark dispute.
- Representing the generics producer Sandoz in a trademark interlocutory injunction action filed by Glaxo Smith Kline regarding the pharmaceutical product Seretide.
- Representing the generics manufacturer Fresenius Kabi in a pending patent litigation filed in 2017 by a pharmaceutical company.
The practice at Lundgrens has expertise in trademark regulations, copyright regulations and the representation in contentious matters such as infringement cases. The firm also advises on broadcasting and marketing law aspects. Jakob Krag Nielsen and Nina Ringen jointly head the practice and are specialists in litigation and preliminary injunction proceedings regarding cross-border anti-counterfeiting programmes as well as on non-contentious matters concerning patents, trademark, designs, software and confidential information concerning innovations in the life sciences industry.
Jakob Krag Nielsen; Nina Ringen
Other key lawyers:
Søren Danelund Reipurth; Rasmus Vang
‘This practice is probably one of the only patent litigation practices in Denmark with a down to earth approach, extremely pleasant people to work with and you feel the tone within team is good. In addition, the teams is very skilled, hardworking, pragmatic and always focussed on what is the best solution for the client.’
‘The team is very competent and has a great knowledge in the field of intellectual property rights. Good teamwork and always accessible, and understands the specific need of the client.’
‘Lundgren’s IP team is one of the best in Denmark. This in combination with their friendly and accessible approach makes working with them a pleasure.’
‘Krag Nielsen is extremely thorough, always has an eye for detail without overdoing things.’
‘Nina Ringen is very competent and great to work with. I especially value her great knowledge, understanding of our business and our needs as well as being accessible whenever needed. In addition, she is a very nice person.’
‘Nina Ringen is very strong, very capable and extremely nice to work with. She gets my highest recommendations. Jakob Krag Nielsen is also extremely knowledgeable and very easy to work with.’
‘Nina Ringen is highly experienced and knowledgeable, leaving her the ability to always be spot-on in her analysis and advice. She is very practical and easy to work with.’
Ilse Jacobsen (IJH A/S)
Danish Cancer Society
- Successfully defended Mylan Group in preliminary injunction (PI) proceedings as part of a set of multi-jurisdictional patent and Supplementary Protection Certificate (SPC) cases between Mylan and Gilead Sciences.
- Advising GANNI on matters including trademarks, domain names, copyrights, and marketing law.
- Successfully defended Oestergaard A/S against Haarslev Industries A/S in a preliminary injunction case plead before the Eastern High Court.
NJORD Law Firm advises life sciences and media clients on regulatory matters concerning patent and copyright law and represents brand owners in the protection and enforcement of intellectual property rights related to copyright infringement, counterfeit and passing off cases. Jeppe Brogaard Clausen and Thomas Rhyl jointly head the practice and regularly advise TV and film producers as well as international brands from the fashion and automotive industry on EU trademark rights and domain names.
Jeppe Brogaard Clausen; Thomas Ryhl
Other key lawyers:
Malene Fagerberg; Frank Jørgensen
Estrella Maarud AS
The Whole Company – including Castus, Fredsted, Heidelberg, and Jemo-pharm
ITU Business Development A/S
Coty – including Davidoff, Calvin Klein, Marc Jacobs etc.
Smith & Nephew
- Representing Intersnack and its subsidiary company Estrella Maarud in a case instigated against them by the chips and snacks manufacturer KiM.
- Representing Ferring Lægemidler A/S in a case that concerns the Danish Health and Medicines Authority’s license to nation-wide use of a non-approved medicament in violation of Article 5 of the Medicinal Products Directive.
- Advising Philips HealthTech on IP aspects of public tender cases for the provision of medical equipment to all Danish hospitals.
DLA Piper Denmark advises on the rules governing trademarks, domain names, copyright, designs and patents. The practice also provides regulatory advice on consumer law and marketing law issues, particularly in connection with the broadcasting of TV and radio channels. Practice head Annemette Ellermann Holmbom regularly assists with the drafting and negotiation of trademark license agreements and copyright agreements as well as with patent licence agreements and commercial contracts with IP aspects.
Annemette Ellermann Holmbom
Other key lawyers:
Anette Moll Berg
”Annemette Ellermann Holmbom is a strong and reliable prosecutor when it comes to cases regarding trademark, design and copyright issues. We have been very successful with her protecting our product design and forcing third parties to omit copying that exact same design.’
Foss Analytical A/S
Croda Europe Ltmd
Brüel & Kjær Sound & Vibration Measurements A/S
Belid Lighting AB
Efsen Engineering A/S
- Represented Louis Pulsen in the copyright protection of the Artichoke lamp.
- Representing e-Boks A/S in court proceedings initiated by the client against TellusTalk AB’s use of eBox for so-called digital signage.
- Acted for Turbinhallerne on a conflict regarding MALT as trademark and commercial sign within restaurants.
Headed by Peter Lambert, Lassen Ricard assists radio and television broadcasters, third party TV distributors and online services on intellectual property rights in connection with the reception and copying of content on smartphone, tablets and PC devices. The practice also represents in contentious court proceedings regarding intellectual property rights. Name partner Steen Lassen is experienced in the drafting and negotiation of copyright agreements.
TV 2 Denmark
TV 2 Norway
VG Media rep. Sat1 and Pro7
And many other broadcasters
- Assisting UBO on an ongoing basis with contracts worth €200m yearly with TV distributors on retransmission, which concerns TV and radio channels.
Andersen Partners assists with the preparation and implementation of IP strategies, which includes the filing of applications, administration and monitoring rights. The firm also advises on the drafting and negotiation of licence and transfer agreements. Practice head Kenneth Cramer is experienced in representing clients in the enforcement of rights before administrative complaint courts as well as Danish and EU courts in connection with issues on trade dresses, product imitation, counterfeit and data protection issues.
Other key lawyers:
‘Holistic round view, always proactive, always on time.’
‘Their availability and personal approach always make you feel like you are the only client.’
Hyundai Bil Import A/S
Baby Dan A/S
Aurora Group Danmark A/S
Yab Yum Holding ApS
Mos Mosh A/S
Ball Wholesale ApS
Beierholms Væverier A/S
- Representing a clothing company in a matter regarding the validity of the client’s trademark.
- Advising Solar A/S on strategy, applying and monitoring as well as representing the client in opposition, cancellation and infringement matters.
- Representing a manufacturer in matters against a third party regarding the unauthorised use of the client’s copyrights to drawing, patent rights to a product and product rights.
Awa Law Advokater ApS
The practice at Awa Law Advokater ApS is an IP boutique that offers expertise in IP management, strategic advice and dispute resolution, including litigation, strategic settlement and mediation in connection with copyright infringement cases, design prosecution and the marketing of unlawful lookalikes. Anette Rasmussen is the practice head and regularly provides trademarks and patent advice as well as on regulatory advice regarding domain names, marketing practice and EU legislation.
Other key lawyers:
Janne Britt Hansen; Mette Parlev
‘Very responsive, amicable and cost effective. Send timely reminders regarding upcoming deadlines, and are a pleasure to deal with.’
‘AWA Law Advokater ApS is an integral player in helping us make decisions on which marks to register, where and how, which marks to renew and which to let go, and last but not least which conflicts to take when we feel other parties are looking to register trademarks too close to our own. Through years of cooperation there is a high level of trust and a wealth of knowledge and experience with our portfolio and our business that is of high value in the day-to-day management of this important asset.’
‘Easy to reach and service-minded.’
‘Anette Rasmussen adds deep knowledge both of applicable regulations, but also of our brand, our business, our trademark strategy and our markets. In a busy everyday where time is a luxury we do not have, it is highly valuable to work with an adviser whose instincts and knowledge you inherently trust.’
‘Anette Rasmussen is very thorough, precise and hardworking to reach the agreed targets. She is also socially skilled and humble. A nice personality with a sharp mind.’
ISS World Services A/S
Ferrero MSC GmbH & Co. KG
Orthex Sweden AB
MT Højgaard A/S
Marriott International, Inc
Rubik’s Brand Limited
- Handling Pandora A/S’ global trademark portfolio.
- Continues to revise trademark strategies of ISS World Services A/S.
- Assisting Ferrero with clearance advice on trademarks and carrying out market watches for potential infringements.
Bird & Bird Advokatpartnerselskab has expertise in the tech and telecoms sectors and for regularly assists with the drafting and negotiation of licence agreements, open source and IP rights in relation to new technology, database rights, domain names and trademarks. Peer B. Petersen heads the practice and regularly advises clients from the music and film industry on copyright law, which includes the enforcement of IP rights in infringement cases, defeat cases and counterfeiting concerning music, TV series and computer games.
Peer B. Petersen
Other key lawyers:
Mogens Dyhr Vestergaard
Sony Music Entertainment A/S
Meta Film A/S
SAM Production A/S
Monster Energy Denmark
DXC Technology Company
Konica Minolta Business Solutions Denmark A/S
- Assisting META Film on an ongoing basis with matters regarding the question whether titles and content of film productions on the drawing board potentially could involve trademark and other IP rights conflicts.
- Acting for Åndsvidenskabsforlaget and other defendants in court proceedings filed against them by the Martinus Foundation, which claims that the clients have violated the copyrights held for the claimant’s work The Third Testament.
- Assisting SAM Productions with IP aspects in connection with the negotiation and drafting of agreements with broadcasters and international TV distributors on the production, launching and distribution of several new international TV-series.
The practice at Clemens has expertise in trademarks, design, copyright and patents. The practice is experienced in acting for clients on the protection and enforcement of IP rights, which includes litigation and arbitration concerning patent infringement and counterfeit cases. Rasmus Munk Nielsen and Simon Langvardt Müller jointly head the practice and assists with the drafting and negotiation of contracts regarding the protection and commercialisation of IP rights.
Rasmus Munk Nielsen; Simon Langvardt Müller
‘Always simple and direct answers – no nonsense and never complicating the challenges it faces.’
‘Rasmus Munk Nielsen is direct and honest in his communication. I am really glad he is on my side!’
Nordheat Danmark A/S
Mjølner Informatics A/S
User IT ApS
- Represented Nordheat Danmark A/S in a court action before the Western High Court in which Linka Energy A/S was claiming that the client had been violating claimant’s patent relating to a certain type of burner.
The IP boutique LØJE IP emerged as one of the successor firms after the split-up of Løje, Arnesen & Meedom in December 2019. The practice is headed by name partner Johan Løje, who regularly advises on trademarks, designs, copyright and patents law. The firm also combines prosecution work with contentious assistance, which involves the representation in arts litigation, copyright infringement matters and in the enforcement of rights on the internet, social media and apps.
The practice at Bruun & Hjejle has expertise in IP aspects arising from M&A transactions and regularly represents in litigation proceeding concerning the protection and enforcement of IP rights as well as claims of counterfeiting and unlawful marketing strategies. The firm also advises on the drafting and negotiation of contact negotiations concerning IP, distribution and commercial agents. Pia Kristine Voldmester is experienced in providing IP advice on regulatory compliance matters.
‘Partner Pia Voldmester leads a fantastic team of talented lawyers, who are experts within the area of IP. The competencies within the team are second-to-none compared to other firms as people in the team are knowledgeable and have specific expertise within the area of IP.’
‘Pia Voldmester and her team are very capable and great to work with. Pia has a very business driven focus takes a stand that she follows through. She really advises the client -– and does a lot more than just listing pros and cons.’
‘Pia Voldmester is an outstanding lawyer, her empathy and dedication make her stand out. Also, her network with IP and privacy lawyers is very valuable and her reputation is solid in the market. She knows her area very well and provides immediate guidance and point of views that can help any matter move forward towards resolution.’
‘Pia Voldmester is very business-driven and solution-oriented. She makes very difficult legal issues easy to understand and she is able to advise on the solution and which decision to make. She is great at risk-assessments.’
Alm. Brand Forsikring A/S
CVC Growth Partners and GRO Capital
Tiebreak Int. ApS and Aceline ApS
- Assisting the Asmodee Group with IP issues related to the acquisition of Bezzerwizzer Nordic.
- Advised CVC Growth Partners and GRO Capital on the acquisition of Omada A/S, which involved the negotiation of IP agreements.
- Advising Tiebreak Int. ApS and its owner regarding a dispute concerning the IP aspects of the sale of a certain model of shoes.
DAHL Law Firm has expertise in trademark, design, copyright, patent and utility model law as well as on regulations regarding marketing practices. The practice assists with the registration, monitoring and renewal of IP rights. The team also represents in contentious matters such as copyright infringement cases. Practice head Claus F. Sørensen regularly acts as mediator and arbitrator on the interpretation of IP-related contracts as well as in cases concerning plagiarism and the infringement of trademarks and designs.
Claus F. Sørensen
Other key lawyers:
Claes Wildfang; Søren Wolder; Frederik Bruhn; Michael Rehling
‘They know us very well, and they are always ready to assist us in a fast way.’
‘They are very business-oriented. They know how we operate and understand what we need.’
‘I value their reliability and experience.’
‘DAHL Law Firm has helped us protect and exploit our intellectual property. DAHL has a high degree of insight into our company and business and gives us advice in a way that secures a very agile development of our company and business. We are very pleased, that DAHL does not give us standard advice but is able to give us advice tailor-made to our business.’
‘The DAHL team is dedicated and knows how to handle the cases we have. DAHL’s team can always cover our request.’
‘Quick response and qualified staff.’
‘Claus F. Sørensen understands our business. He has the full understanding for our business and this provides us with a professional solution how to solve the case.’
Normann Copenhagen ApS
DK Company A/S
Ikadan Plast A/S
- Represented M – Patent regarding an interpretation of a legal principle as to whether a European Patent Application in accordance with the EPC, is to be regarded as a Danish National Patent Application for the purpose of interpretation of Danish Patent Law § 11, and as such whether the European Patent Application in question has priority.
- Defending the holiday home designer and manufacturer Frifeldt ApS in an action brought by a competitor, claiming copyright infringement in respect of the floorplan and layout of a house built by the client.
- Defending DK Company against infringement claims brought by PUMA in respect of the sale of shoes in the Netherlands.
GALST regularly assists with the drafting and negotiation of IP contracts, which also includes assistance with the interpretation of clauses in IP contracts. The team also advises on international trademark and design registration procedures. The practice also represents in litigation regarding copyright infringement issues and anti-counterfeit cases. Hans Christian Galst leads the practice and has experience in providing media, entertainment and sports clients with regulatory advice on copyright protection.
Hans Christian Galst
Other key lawyers:
‘Due to the experience and skills from the GALST team, the return on investment has always been great and the advice we have got over the years has saved our organisation a lot of money and we have been able to navigate in the field of legal and IPR in a much more efficient way than we expected. The recommendations we have got especially in one case was in total contrast to what we felt should have been done, but luckily we followed the recommendation from GALST and ended up avoiding a number of serious mistakes and won the case after a long fire battle with the opponents.’
‘Great legal expertise, great insight, best communication – ever.’
‘Excellent legal skills, serious legal work, and always available.’
‘I always feel very relaxed when I am at their offices. There is a sense of family about the office, where others law firms sometimes can seem like an arena of competition.’
‘Hans Christian Galst is second-to-none when it comes to balancing the professional and business activities with the more personal and social activities. In other words, you know that you are working with a true professional doing an absolutely great work in the Legal and IPR field but at the same time you feel that he cares about how the client feels and wants to make you feel treated like a human being and always with a good healthy laugh and glimpse in the eye, no matter how serious the situation is. I have no choice but giving Hans Christian Galst and his team my best recommendations!’
‘Hans Christian Galst has the ability to prevent untangling any legal dispute before trial. Thanks!’
‘Outstanding legal performance.’
‘I have known Hans Christian Galst for many years and he has always been my personal and corporate adviser. I always refer to Galst and his associates as my friendly lawyers.’
Sony Mobile Communications AB
Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Ltd.
Leman International System Transport A/S
Den Kongelige Livgardes Musikkorps Fond
Rasol Agro A/S
European Lifecare Group A/S
RT Stainless A/S
Forlaget Delta ApS
- Acting for KODA on demanding compensation for the infringement of copyrights managed by the client.
- Advised Sony Mobile Communications AB on infringement of the client’s intellectual property rights, and representing the client in anti-counterfeit activities.
- Appointed by Danmarks Radio to give advice to the finalists in the X Factor and Talent shows concerning the record contracts they may win, including clauses regarding IP.
Moalem Weitemeyer Bendtsen has a particular focus on national and international trade marks due to the firm’s relationship with football clubs. The practice has particular strength in advising the sports and fashion industry. Pernille Nørkær is the practice head and assists with IP-related work in connection with M&A transactions. The practice regularly advises on IP registration procedures and acts for clients on brand protection cases and on court proceedings regarding copyright infringement cases.
Other key lawyers:
‘Moalem Weitemeyer Bendtsen’s legal reputation is solid. The team’s advice is centered on our specific and strategic needs and goals.’
‘I value their professionalism, dedication and commitment.’
ZWILLING J. A. HENCKELS A/S SCANDINAVIA
DAY Birger et Mikkelsen
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc
FC Nordsjælland A/S
HBO Nordic AB
MN Retail ApS
Lars Larsen Watches
Butler’s Choice A/S
Permobil Danmark A/S
Smarkets (Malta) Limited
VKR Holding A/S
- Assisting RelyOn Nutec with the worldwide IP protection procedure, including trademark registration and rebranding.
- Advising Risma Systems A/S on the drafting of IP terms and conditions.
- Advising Zwilling J. A. Henckels A/S Scandinavia on contractual considerations related to brand protection.