Accura Advokatpartnerselskab‘s ‘very professionally skilled‘ team dispenses ‘first-class advice‘ on public procurement issues regarding power-to-x projects, and handles cross-border merger filings for joint acquisitions. Practice head Simon Evers Hjelmborg is ‘very experienced‘ in assisting various clients, including energy and entertainment companies, with civil antitrust and illegal state aid lawsuits. Christian Monberg is ‘second to none‘ at advising on dawn raids and cartel investigations by the Competition Authority, and associate Amanda Lundby Langer advises on bid rigging and represents companies before the Competition and Consumer Authority. Jesper Fabricius advises domestic and international corporates on anti-competitive agreements and business practices relating to dominant market positions.
EU, competition and public procurement in Denmark
Simon Evers Hjelmborg
Other key lawyers:
Christian Monberg; Jesper Fabricius; Amalie Geertsen; Amanda Lundby Langer
‘The accumulated value of the team is extremely high, as is their level of professional skill.’
‘Simon Hjelmborg is an excellent listener and is very experienced.’
‘Very professionally skilled team combined with high knowledge about business issues. The team is also able to break down complex issues.’
‘The team stands out by providing first-class legal advice. The people in the team are very experienced and able to understand business and commercial needs.’
‘Christian Monberg is second to none and has established the best EU, competition and public procurement team in Denmark. Christian is a very good adviser.’
Skandinavisk Motor Co.
Volkswagen Semler Finance
Alm. Brand Group
GN Store Nord
Mastercard Payment Services
GN Store Nord
Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners
PKA pension fund
The Danish Association for the Medical Device Industry
COOR Service Management
Babcock International Ltd
De Forenede Dampvaskerier
Johnson & Johnson
Bring Logistics AB
Tide Bus A/S
- Advised Alm. Brand Group on the landmark DKK12.6bn acquisition of Codan’s Danish activities and secured unconditional approval of the phase II merger.
- Advised GN Store Nord on the DKK8bn multi-jurisdictional acquisition of SteelSeries.
- Represented Akelius on the DKK92.6bn sale of the multi-jurisdictional real estate portfolio in Germany, Sweden and Denmark.
Bech-Bruun‘s EU and competition group assists domestic and international clients across the media and entertainment, transport, and pharmaceuticals sectors, and often represents clients before the EU Commission. Practice head Peter Stig Jakobsen has extensive contentious expertise and represents electricity customers in damages claims concerning abuses of dominant positions. Tina Braad has particular experience in public procurement work, and often advises on large infrastructure projects, appearing before the Complaints Board for Public Procurement.
Peter Stig Jakobsen
Other key lawyers:
Jesper Kaltoft; Tina Braad; Anne Bergholt Sommer; Anders Birkelund Nielsen; Mark Gall
City & Harbor
Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Denmark
Nordic Entertainment Group
Procter & Gamble
Rheinmetall Waffe Munition GmbH
Energi Danmark A/S
Daugaard Biler A/S
All the five regions of Denmark
FK Distribution A/S
- Advised Rheinmetall on matters related to the procurement of supplies to the Danish Defence.
- Advising the Ministry of Foreign Affairs on all Danish International Development Agency (DANIDA) related procurement procedures and has established a team dedicated to conducting the more than 20 yearly DANIDA related tender procedures in the English and French languages.
- Represented more than 1,000 electricity customers and wholesalers who have filed a lawsuit against Elsam (now Ørsted) with claim for damages of more than DKK4bn due to Elsam’s abuse of a dominant position by charging unreasonably high prices in the period 1 July 2003 to 31 December 2006.
The ‘deeply experienced‘ competition and EU team at Bruun & Hjejle handles criminal cases before the Maritime and Commercial High Court, with some notable clients being Golman Sachs, Nets and TV 2 Danmark. The ‘exceptional‘ Olaf Koktvedgaard, Søren Zinck and Frederik André Bork jointly lead the team. Koktvedgaard focuses on disputes relating to merger control and state aid matters, often appearing before the competition authorities; Zinck is ‘highly skilled‘ in advising on Article 101 and 102 cases; and the ‘excellent‘ Bork habitually advises on FDI filings and major abuse and cartel cases.
Olaf Koktvedgaard; Søren Zinck; Frederik André Bork
‘Bruun Hjejle has real expertise. The team is deeply experienced, well connected, and has excellent judgement. They’re also calm under fire and have an impressive track record.’
‘Olaf Koktvedgaard is exceptional. He’s very smart, extremely knowledgeable, and has fine judgment. He is ably supported by the excellent Frederik André Bork.’
‘Søren Zinck displays a combination of being highly skilled, extensive experience, and very pragmatic.’
‘The team has an outstanding understanding of, and in depth knowledge of, the payments industry. They provide competition advice which is practical and easily applicable.’
‘An extremely capable team, with some of the strongest individuals within the EU, competition and public procurement practice. The team stands out in terms of professionalism and their ability to provide high quality advice.’
HMN Naturgas I/S
TV 2 Danmark A/S
Danske Bank A/S
Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners
PostNord Danmark (Post Danmark)
Danish Pig Genetics
Clear Channel International and Clear Channel Danmark
NREP (Nordic Real Estate Partners)
Axel Kaufmann ApS
The Association of Peugeot Dealers in Denmark
Goldman Sachs Group, Inc
Axcel Management A/S
All4Labels Group GmbH
- Representing Clear Channel Danmark A/S before the Court of Appeal of Eastern Denmark. The case was appealed by the Danish Competition Council following a decision of 10 November 2021 from the Danish Maritime and Commercial High Court to partially annul the previous decisions by the Council and the Competition Appeals Tribunal.
- Representing the three largest municipalities in Denmark (Københavns Kommune, Aarhus Kommune and Odense Kommune) in a joint follow-on damage claims case before the Danish Maritime and Commercial High Court. The municipalities are seeking damages for their losses relating to the EU Truck Cartel.
- Representing Danske Bank in a case regarding the bank’s charges on card payment in foreign currencies, where the Danish Competition Council has found that the bank’s charges are excessive and therefore need to be set at a lower level.
Gorrissen Federspiel‘s ‘unrivalled‘ team is ‘oustanding‘ when it comes to assisting with merger approvals before the European Commission. Martin André Dittmer heads up the practice alongside Erik Kjær-Hansen. Dittmer is ‘the go-to’ practitioner for shipping and telecoms companies on merger control matters, and Kjær-Hansen has extensive contentious expertise and represents contractors in criminal cases concerning consortium agreements. Associate Kristian Helge Andersen frequently appears before the Competition and Consumer Authority, delivering ‘solid, trustworthy and valuable‘ advice.
Martin André Dittmer; Erik Kjær-Hansen
Other key lawyers:
Kristian Helge Andersen; Cecilie Sivertsen; Josephine Alsing
‘An unrivalled team with competencies and experience that supplement each other well. The team has breadth and expertise which is an essential part of what makes the team outstanding.’
‘Erik Kjær-Hansen delivers counselling in a trustworthy manner.’
‘Martin Dittmer is not only the most knowledgeable expert within the legal subject area, he is also trustworthy. Martin is exactly the dedicated, experienced person you would want on your team.’
‘Kristian Helge Andersen is an expert with an excellent overview and detailed knowledge of the law. He understands our business very well, and provides solid, trustworthy and valuable advice.’
‘Martin Dittmer is just THE go-to person in matters of competition law. His technical skills should be quite undisputed and Erik Kjær-Hansen is the finest match for Martin from the economic side. An absolutely outstanding combination.’
P27 Nordic Payments Platform
Intact Financial Corporation
Bang & Olufsen
- Advised a group of six major Nordic banks (Danske Bank, Handelsbanken, Nordea, OP Financial Group, SEB and Swedbank) on establishing a pan-Nordic common payment infrastructure, P27, as a full-function joint venture, as well as P27 acquiring the legacy Swedish payments platform, Bankgirot.
- Advised Intact Financial Corporation on the sale of Codan’s Danish operations to Danish insurance company Alm. Brand A/S.
- Represented Icopal in three legal proceedings before the Danish Maritime and Commercial High Court regarding damages for alleged conduct in violation of competition law and the Danish Marketing Practices Act.
Kromann Reumert‘s ‘highly experienced and pragmatic‘ team consists of ‘strong competition lawyers‘ and is known for its expertise in international cartel cases, and its work with large utility companies in the public procurement arena. Jens Munk Plum heads up the EU and competition side of the practice, and assists clients across the finance, telecoms, and retail industries with merger review cases and trade association tactics relating to dominant positions. Jeppe Lefevre Olsen leads on the public contract and procurement side, having represented municipalities and the National Bank of Denmark on green contracts and large infrastructure projects. Morten Kofmann is particularly adept at advising on cross-border mergers and international cartel investigations within the aviation and marine transport sectors, and Bart A. Creve focuses on state aid and FDI-related issues, and often appears before the European Commission and European courts to represent clients in the film, gambling, and pharmaceuticals sectors.
Jens Munk Plum; Jeppe Lefevre Olsen
Other key lawyers:
Erik Bertelsen; Morten Kofmann; Bart A. Creve
‘Erik Bertelsen is very experienced in all competition matters and very pleasant to work with.’
‘The team is always willing to assist.’
‘Highly experienced and pragmatic team who are always on top of the latest developments on what’s happening in EU and also having opinions on what’s potentially next.’
‘Strong competition lawyers, capable of delivering commercial, sustainable solutions. They are professional and have very detailed knowledge. They are open, honest, and transparent.’
LEO Pharma A/S
Danica Pension A/S
Danske Spil A/S
Scan Global Logistics A/S
FEAS / Forskningsfondens Ejendomsselskab A/S
- Advised FL Smidth A/S on its acquisition of ThyssenKrupp’s global mining equipment business, involving an extensive multiple filing process with filings in 17 jurisdictions worldwide.
- Advising private equity company Altor and its portfolio company Haarslev in both arbitration and subsequent court proceedings regarding the legality of non competes on the sellers of Haarslev A/S.
- Advising HOFOR on all aspects of its establishment of offshore wind farms in Øresund in order to achieve an carbon neutral Copenhagen.
NJORD Law Firm has notable experience in advising on dominant undertakings, selective distribution issues, and rebate schemes. The team assists a diverse client base of tobacco manufacturers and companies within the medical devices and pharmaceuticals industries. Thomas Ryhl has particular experience in conducting litigation and negotiations with public authorities, and acted as the Danish Agent for the European Commission’s Legal Services, supported by Anders Worsøe. Nis Peter Dall utilises his expertise in data protection and e-commerce issues on competition matters and IP work in the Nordics.
Thomas Ryhl; Anders Worsøe; Nis Peter Dall
Smith & Nephew
KeyLoop (formerly CDK)
- Advised Novartis Pharma & Ferring Pharmaceuticals on the Europe-wide litigation against parallel importers.
- Advised Allianz Invest and 1,700 other large institutional investors in the largest claim ever filed in Denmark, seeking more than €2.3bn in damages from Novo Nordisk A/S for violations of the Market Abuse Regulation.
- Advised Coloplast International on all complex EU competition law matters and the interplay with the EU procurement rules, on a pan-European level.
Plesner’s team is ‘second to none‘ in representing clients in abuse and cartel cases, and has a great deal of experience in advising on tenders relating to large infrastructure projects and investments. The team regularly appears before the Complaints Board for Public Procurement has also begun focusing on foreign direct investment screenings. The ‘highly qualified‘ Gitte Holtsø leads the team and has broad knowledge of advising on gun jumping issues, horizontal price fixing work and filing merger notifications, and represents clients in criminal investigations before the Danish Public Prosecutor. ‘Star of the department‘ Daniel Barry focuses on handling contentious matters concerning cartel and abuse claims, and cross-border follow-on damages cases. Christian Karhula Lauridsen often participates in the European Commission’s leniency programme and settlement procedures; and Rie Paving Mortensen is particularly skilled in economic analysis, and focuses on phase II mergers and state aid work, and often advises contracting authorities on evaluation models.
‘Very impressed with the competition law team, particularly their attentiveness and ability to prioritise urgent matters.’
‘Gitte Holtsø is likeable, knowledgeable, and experienced, which is invaluable when dealing with the authorities.’
‘Plesner offers thorough, sound and to the point legal advice.’
‘Gitte Holtsø and Daniel Barry are highly qualified and offer sustainable and to the point advice.’
‘The competition law team with Plesner is second to none when it comes to high complexity antitrust litigation.’
‘Daniel Barry is the star of the department. He thinks on his feet and develops solid arguments based on substantive knowledge. I appreciate his work and support.’
Ørsted (formerly DONG Energy)
The Danish Ministry of Finance
FSN Capital Partners
Sund & Bælt Holding
British American Tobacco
TDC A/S (incl. Nuuday)
Nissan Nordic Europe
- Advised Tryg on its approximately DKK60bn acquisition, together with Intact Financial Corporation, of the British insurance company, RSA Insurance Group plc.
- Representing Ørsted against a DKK4.4bn+ interest damages claim relating to alleged excessive prices on the electricity spot market in Western Denmark.
- Advising Kalaallit Airports on public procurement law matters in relation to the construction of the three new airports in Nuuk, Ilulissat and Qaqortoq in Greenland.
The team at Bird & Bird Advokatpartnerselskab assists IT and technology clients with the full scope of competition matters, often acting in cases before the Competition and Consumer Authority, and handling merger filings and antitrust cases in Sweden. The public procurement team regularly advises public entities and utility companies on contract management and short listing processes. Peter Dann Jørgensen leads the public procurement group, and works with politically controlled organisations to advise on framework agreements for procurement associations, public sector agreements, and the implementation of sustainability in tender processes. The ‘very experienced‘ Morten Nissen heads up the competition and EU law group and primarily focuses on restrictive practices, state aid work and abuse of dominance matters, and often acts in appeal cases before the European Commission and the European Court of Justice.
Peter Dann Jørgensen; Morten Nissen
Other key lawyers:
Mikkel Taanum; Thomas Thorup Larsen
‘Morten Nissen is very experienced and very well connected. He is the top mention of the team, has very long experience, and is inventive.’
Andel Holding A/S
Bjarke Ingels Group A/S (BIG)
Municipality of Albertslund
Fredensborg Affald A/S
Confederation of European Paper Industries (CEPI)
The Danish Institute of Arbitration
Bolt Technology OÜ
- Advising Aalborg Forsyning on its investments and purchases in its aim to decommission the existing coalfired powerplant and move towards greener energy including storage of green energy.
- Advising 4evergreen, the cross-industry alliance set up by CEPI with members, on all aspects of its establishment and ongoing cooperation between the members involving complex questions as to the limits to competition law analysis in the field of sustainability initiatives.
- Advising the trade organisation for Danish privately operated media, Danske Medier, in a principled complaint against the Danish Ministry of Culture for incompatible and unlawful state aid to the Danish public service broadcaster Danmarks Radio.
DLA Piper Denmark houses a ‘highly dedicated‘ team which handles the full range of matters for a diverse client base, including Hugo Boss, the Danish Road Directorate, and the Central Denmark Region. The practice has ‘deep insight‘ into cartel investigations, criminal competition cases, merger approvals, and abuse of dominance cases across the IT and media sectors. Practice head Michael Klöcker is a ‘highly skilled competition lawyer‘ who is adept at advising public authorities and businesses on anti-competitive agreements, dominant enterprises, and dawn raids. Using her ‘sharp legal eye‘, Mikala Berg Dueholm advises on large-scale construction projects and strategic partnerships relating to procurement processes across a number of areas, including assortment tenders, competitive dialogues, and design competitions; Dueholm also advises municipalities on domestic and EU procurement rules.
Other key lawyers:
Rune Hamborg; Mikala Berg Dueholm; Trine Larsen
‘Michael Klöcker is a highly skilled competition lawyer. Always ready to go the extra mile.’
‘Mikala Berg Dueholm stands out as being a partner that can navigate both public and private clients and understands the needs of both parties. She makes complicated procurement law easily understandable, she provides stand out advice. Mikala has a sharp legal eye.’
‘DLA Piper is a very competent law firm. They have deep insight. The team is unique, solid, and all round. They are highly dedicated, outstanding collaboration, highly professional. They are understanding and patient.’
‘DLA Piper always go the extra mile to deliver the highest possible professionalism and share the latest knowledge with their customers.’
‘Trine Larsen is especially good at advising and communicating complex legal issues in simple language. Highly professional, understanding and patient. Highly recommended!
‘Mikala Berg Dueholm and Trine Larsen are highly skilled, professional and very easy to work with. I can only recommend this firm.’
Copenhagen Airports A/S
Tussas A/S (Tele Greeland)
JP Politikens Hus A/S
J. Jensen Group
Central Denmark Region
The Danish Road Directorate
- Representing HUGO BOSS in cases concerning its running of a dual distribution set up, which by the Danish authorities has been labelled a horizontal information and coordination arrangement.
- Advised JP/Politikens Hus A/S on the acquisition of sole control of two newspaper and parcel distribution companies, Dansk Avis Omdeling A/S and Bladkompagniet A/S covering inter alia the western and eastern part of Denmark.
- Advising the Central Denmark Region on the procurement of the purification of the largest soil pollution in Denmark, Høfde 42.
Honoré, Fallesen & Andersen Advokatfirma ApS
The ‘very knowledgeable‘ team at boutique firm Honoré, Fallesen & Andersen Advokatfirma ApS has ‘profound knowledge‘ of both contentious and non-contentious competition, EU law, public procurement and state aid matters. The ‘highly skilled‘ Michael Honoré heads up the practice and advises clients in the food and agriculture, transportation and payment services sectors on state aid-related matters; Honoré also has notable contentious expertise and often represents clients in competition cases before the European Court of Justice. Asbjørn Dalum Andersen is ‘highly skilled‘ in advising contracting authorities and utility companies on horizontal and vertical agreements, abuse of dominant position matters, and competition law compliance work. Asbjørn Godsk Fallesen is ‘open minded, straightforward and friendly‘, and regularly advises on dominant undertakings, and competition and state aid damages claims.
Other key lawyers:
Asbjørn Dalum Andersen; Asbjørn Godsk Fallesen
‘The team has a very level of high competence and profound knowledge based on their many years experience.’
‘Michael Honoré is a leading specialist and provides specialist advice. He handles high profiles cases before the European courts. He is a highly skilled competition lawyer with particularly deep knowledge, and is a very pleasant person to work with. Michael is a state aid law star.’
‘Asbjørn Dalum Andersen is a leading specialist who is highly skilled.’
Vækstfonden – The Danish Growth Fund
Landbrug & Fødevarer
Nokas Danmark A/S
Kopenhagen Fur / Dansk Pelsdyravlerforening
Rederi Aktiebolaget Nordö-Link
Green Power Denmark
Moesgaard Meat 2012 A/S
Haarslev Invest A/S
- Represented Nokas Værdihåndtering A/S in a follow-on case for damages before the Danish Commercial and Maritime High Court against the dominant operator, Loomis Danmark, involving complex competition law issues (including exclusive purchasing and below cost pricing).
- Represented the ferry operator Nordö-Link AB before the European Court of Justice in an appeal case concerning very significant aid amounts granted by the Danish state to finance of the construction of the fixed link (Fehmarn Belt) between Germany and Denmark.
- Represented the pan-Nordic media company Nordic Entertainment Group (formerly Viasat Broadcasting/Modern Times Group) in the largest Danish State aid case before the Danish High Court concerning a claim for TV 2 to pay DKK1.75bn to the Danish state in so-called illegality interest.
Andreas Christensen leads the team at Horten, which is known for assisting clients with merger control issues, distribution law, and follow-on damages claims. Christiensen is the ‘go-to partner in Denmark‘ for municipalities, and private, public, and semi-public enterprises which require advice on illegal state aid cases, public procurement mandates, and general competition matters, often appearing before the Complaints Board for Public Procurement. Annelouise Dalgaard Pedersen is particularly experienced in advising on procurement design, the project management of tender procedures, and the preparation of tender documents. Associate Marie Løvbjerg‘s area of expertise lies in competition matters concerning trade organisations and fast moving consumer goods; on the state aid side, she has ‘great experience‘ in vertical block exemption regulations.
Other key lawyers:
Annelouise Dalgaard Pedersen; Peter Gregersen; Marie Løvbjerg
‘Andreas Christensen is the go-to partner in Denmark.’
‘Andreas Christensen has very good knowledge of competition law and is very reliable.’
‘The team has good industry knowledge.’
‘Marie Løvbjerg has great experience regarding competition and unfair trading practices. She is a very good speaker and nice to work with.’
MAN Truck & Bus AG
The City of Copenhagen
The Municipality of Aarhus
Pierre Fabre Dermo-Cosmétique Nordic A/S
MLDK – Mærkevareleverandørerne
Peek & Cloppenburg
The Municipality of Vordingborg
Fonden Svendborg Maritime Uddannelsescenter (SMUC-foundation)
Norvestor Equity AS
Finance and Leasing
The Norwegian Air Ambulance
The North Denmark Region
- Advised Danone on its entry into an agreement with Royal Unibrew A/S to sell 100% of Aqua d’Or Mineral Water A/S – leading Scandinavian mineral water producer. The transaction is subject to approval from the Danish Competition Authority.
- Advising MAN Truck & Bus AG in relation to the follow-on damage claims after the European Commission’s decision regarding the Truck Cartel.
- Advising the North Denmark Region on all legal matters regarding procurement of commissioning services, including assistance regarding the procurement process and contractual conditions for consultancy services.
Lundgrens houses a broad team of practitioners which advises on EU public procurement and state aid rules across a number of sectors, including the infrastructure, medical devices, and energy industries. The team specialises in projects relating to construction, welfare, healthcare, and urban development. Pedram Moghaddam heads up the practice, and often appears before the Complaints Board for Public Procurement.
‘Highly competent and accessible.’
City of Aarhus
Municipality of Hørsholm
Freja Ejendomme A/S
Region and Municipality of Bornholm
Skellefteå Kraft AB
Buhl & Bønsøe A/S
- Advising the Region and Municipality of Bornholm on the organisation of a public-private partnership regarding energy capacity development, involving parties from private industry, utility companies and the local and government authorities, and securing compliance with public procurement restrictions.
- Advising KAB, Denmark’s largest administrator of non-profit housing, with the public procurement strategy related to one of the largest sustainable drainage (SuDS) projects in the country to date.
- Advising The Municipality of Aarhus on designing the bidding process and drafting the terms for urban development projects involving various private, public, and semi-public stakeholders and urban areas, with values of up to DKK1bn+.
Jacob Pinborg, Kristian Hartlev and Rass Holdgaard jointly lead the ‘excellent‘ team of ‘true experts‘ at Poul Schmith. The practice continues to act as key counsel to the Danish state on state aid matters, and provides assistance to private equity funds, insurance companies and players in the defence and security industries. The ‘brilliant‘ Pinborg handles a number of contentious competition matters for the Competition Counsel and property developers, and frequently appears before the Maritime and Commercial Court. Hartlev makes use of his ‘great experience‘ in renewable energy and infrastructure projects to advise on procurement processes; and Holdgaard often advises public authorities on matters concerning EU law, and represents the Ministries of Culture, Finance, and Transport before national and EU courts. Christina Heiberg-Grevy frequently assists international companies with tenders and the implementation of contracts.
Jacob Pinborg; Kristian Hartlev; Rass Holdgaard
Other key lawyers:
Andreas Estrup Ippolito; Christina Heiberg-Grevy
‘The Poul Schmith team has vast knowledge of EU and procurement issues. Their deep knowledge allows them to draw on experience so they can provide excellent legal advice.’
‘Rass Holdgaard is a stand-out individual. He is fast to understand both legal, business and political needs for the projects. He is brilliant.’
‘Jacob Pinborg is brilliant, an analytical strong lawyer, and one of the best practitioners in the market.’
‘The EU, competition and public procurement team at Poul Schmith law firm consists of true experts with a very profound knowledge in their field of law. They are excellent and they never compromise on quality.’
‘Andreas Ippolito has an extraordinary knowledge and capacity to identify and solve the legal issues, while having an extremely kind and calm personality.’
‘The team is extremely competent and has unique top-class knowledge within competition law. In addition to extremely high specialist knowledge, the level of service and friendliness is top class. The team has the most depth and width in terms of both talent and experience.’
‘Kristian Hartlev is a trusted adviser when preparing and running public procurement procedures. His great experience and calm approach ensures the best decision is reached. Kristian has deep understanding and a high degree of business acumen, he is also extremely pleasant to work with.’
‘Christina Heiberg-Grevy stands out for her commercially sound and pragmatic approach. She understands the commercial side of things and is brilliant at finding solutions.’
Danish Competition and Consumer Authority / Competition Council
Nutreco International B.V.
Danish Central Government
Verdo Holding A/S
Sund og Bælt Holding A/S
Billund Airport A/S
Aarhus Airport A/S
Babcock International Group
Andel Holding A/S
Frederiksberg Forsyning A/S
ARC (I/S Amager Ressourcecenter)
Rejsekort & Rejseplan A/S
- Representing the Danish Competition Council in a case before the Commercial and Maritime Court about an investigation against Forbruger-Kontakt A/S for abuse of dominance (tying) in the market for distribution of non-addressed mail.
- Represented Eurostar Danmark A/S in the follow-up criminal proceeding following the Supreme Court’s landmark decision in December 2019 in the so-called road marking case concerning the legality of a consortium agreement between two competitors.
- Advised Nutreco N.V. on the acquisition of Nutrimin A/S, one of the leading Danish producers of farm minerals, concentrates and piglet feed.
Boutique firm Viltoft houses a team of ‘experts with broad knowledge‘, who dispense advice to a varied client roster of non-profit housing providers, public construction companies and utility companies. Peter Fauerholdt Thommesen leads the public procurement team alongside Eva Olesen. Thommesen has broad experience in public procurement mandates, particularly issues relating to large-scale projects. Olesen often advises public housing companies and energy companies on their participation in tenders.
Peter Fauerholdt Thommesen; Eva Olesen
‘They are supportive in a professional way and are experts with broad knowledge. They give hands on advice.’
‘The team deliver good, well-worked material. High quality advice and deliverables from the team.’
‘Eva Olesen excels at adapting her communication to clients. It is important that clients feel heard and understood. Eva masters both parts excellently.’
‘Peter Thommesen has wide ranging experience. He is an expert and provides valuable input regarding tactics and strategy concerning legal issues.’
Sbs Rådgivning A/S
Gottlieb Paludan Architects
Municipality of Vordingborg
Municipality of Roskilde
European Energy A/S
- Advised the two public housing companies Brøndby Boligselskab and D.S.I Tranemosegård on the joint call for tenders for an overall consultancy contract for the renovation and reconstruction of seven high-rise buildings in Brøndby Strand Parkerne.
- Advising employer Hovedstadens Letbane on all construction and public procurement law issues relating to Letbane på Ring 3 (The Greater Copenhagen Light Rail), a 27 km light rail with 27 stations west of Copenhagen.
- Represented Metroselskabet in a complaints case about the right of contracting authorities in EU tenders to allow changes in the composition of participating tenderers (consortia) within the limits of the applicable EU regulation.
Mazanti-Andersen‘s team assists clients with the full range of matters, including cartel investigations, complaints to the Competition and Consumer Authority, and investigations into illegal state aid. Philip S. Thorsen leads the team with his wide experience in price coordination matters within competition law. Mia Anne Gantzhorn has notable knowledge of antitrust risk and compliance work, and often handles merger filings and public tenders.
Philip S. Thorsen
Other key lawyers:
Mia Anne Gantzhorn
AFA JCDecaux A/S
H.J. Hansen Genvindingsindustri A/S
- Representing AFA JCDecaux in a matter concerning coordination of price elements between two competitors AFA JCDecaux A/S and Clear Channel Danmark A/S.
- Represented BioVækst A/S in a public tender held by the City of Copenhagen.
Henrik Peytz and Lotte Hummelshøj jointly lead the practice at Nielsen Nørager, which is known for representing clients before the Tribunal for Public Procurement. The team also handles merger control matters, and abuse of dominance cases.
Henrik Peytz; Lotte Hummelshøj
Other key lawyers:
Sebastian A. Pedersen
‘Honest and competent consulting from engaged people, that are state of the art in their field.’
‘Lotte Hummelshøj and Sebastian Asbjørn Pedersen are always first in class within tender and competition law, and deliver service of the highest level.’
‘The team demonstrates very good skills in understanding of the technical details in cases.’
‘They are easy to work with, and provide professional and friendly dialogue.’
The Danish Chamber of Commerce
FynBus, Sydtrafik and Midttrafik