Projects and PPP in Czech Republic
Allen & Overy
Allen & Overy's English law projects team is led by Warsaw-based Dan Cocker, who covers the wider CEE region. The Prague team works alongside its European network of offices to act for clients in the central European region and Asia on project structuring and financing. Petra Mysakova, who co-heads the banking practice, is experienced in project and asset finance, as well as advising on cross-border transactions, as is associate Jana Maršálková. The team is skilled in handling both local and international PPP matters.
The projects and PPP team at Kinstellar is led by Kamil Blažek, who is highlighted for his 'effective and pragmatic' leadership and handles significant energy matters in the infrastructure sector. The team advises on large cross-border matters, and advises corporations and state institutions on public procurement. Of counsel Karla Rundtová is noted for her advice to energy sector clients on major acquisitions, Michal Forýtek focuses on the state aid aspects and Jan Lehký brings his litigation experience to energy law matters.
‘Kinstellar’s projects and PPP team has excellent expertise and does a tremendous job. They are very hardworking with a strong hands-on mentality. The team is professional and a pleasure to work with. They are always keen on implementing creative solutions if necessary. ‘
‘Kamil Blasek is very friendly, calm and supportive. His efficient and pragmatic approach fits well with ours.‘
Nexen Tire Corporation
Vězeňská služba České republiky (Czech Prison Administration)
ČEPS (Czech national electricity grid operator)
Veolia Česká republika, as
- Advising Net4Gas and its shareholders on the major Capacity4Gas infrastructure project.
- Advising Nexen Tire Corporation (Korea) on the construction of a large industrial manufacturing plant for car tyres and the largest foreign direct investment in the Czech Republic of this decade.
- Advising the Prison Service of the Czech Republic on a number of public procurement, concessions and construction law issues in connection with the construction and operation of a production facility.
The projects and PPP practice at CMS is led by Lukáš Janíček and predominantly handles energy matters for international lenders, and also counts private equity funds among its clients. The English law-qualified team has experience in both domestic and international matters. Senior associate Lenka Krutáková, who also heads the competition practice, has expertise in public procurement and infrastructure matters.
Mondi Group – Labe Wood
Vinci / Meridiam Investments
- Advised the Mondi Group on a joint venture agreement between the shareholders of Labe Wood.
- Advised a consortium of investors, including Vinci and Meridiam Investment, on the PPP project for the design, financing, construction, operation and maintenance of part of the D4 expressway.
- Advising T-Systems International (Deutsche Telekom Group) and a consortium partner on the public tender for the development and operation of an electronic toll system in the Czech Republic.
At ROWAN LEGAL, the PPP team led by Vilém Podešva specialises in government investments and is particularly strong in the construction and transportation sectors. Martin Janoušek has experience in real estate projects, where he focuses on the operation and securement of public buildings. Other team members include Jiří Votrubec, who has public procurement expertise.
‘The team is strong because of its professional knowledge and experience. They are also outstanding in PPP projects.‘
Severočeská vodárenská společnost a.s. (North Bohemia water supply company Ltd.)
Hlavní město Praha (City of Prague)
Ředitelství silnic a dálnic (Directorate of Roads and Motorways)
Dopravní podnik Praha (The Prague Public Transit Co. Inc.)
Město Františkovy Lázně (City of Františkovy Lázně)
Město Hostinné (City of Hostinné)
- Advising the Road and Motorway Directorate of the Czech Republic on the construction and modernisation of several sections of motorway.
- Advising the Road and Motorway Directorate of the Czech Republic on the preparation and submission of public procurements, including consultations and the preparation of specific tender conditions and binding contracts.
- Advising the Prague Public Transit Company on public procurement issues related to a subway trains project.