Transport (including shipping) in Croatia
Rijeka-based firm Macesic & Partners LLC 'has a long tradition supporting work in the shipping sector', including on behalf of P&I clubs, shipowners and shipyards. Jointly headed by Anita Krizmanić and the 'professional and responsive' Miran Macesic, the scope of the firm's work in the sector encompasses wet and dry matters, including shipping finance, arrest and enforcement of vessels, bills of lading disputes, and registration of vessels and mortgages. Senior partner Miroljub Maćešić is also recommended.
Anita Krizmanic; Miran Macesic
‘The firm has a unique knowledge and practice and covers a variety of areas in the sector.‘
‘The firm has a long tradition supporting work in the shipping sector.‘
‘Miran Macesic is professional and responsive.‘
M/V “THORCO AFRICA”
MT STI POPLAR
CARONTE & TOURIST ISOLE MINORI S.P.A.
STEAMSHIP MUTUAL UNDERWRITING
- Represented a Slovenian company in a dispute with an English mutual insurance company.
- Protecting a vessel’s interests in a loss of cargo claim.
- Advising an Italian shipowner in establishing a new ferry route on the Croatian coast and entering a market over where a state-owned company has a monopoly.
Wolf Theiss - Zagreb branch has a 'proven track record' in the transport sector and provides 'detailed and responsive advice' to a wide array of stakeholders on financing and corporate transactions (where it is able to leverage its substantive law expertise in these areas), in addition to operational, regulatory and litigation matters. Ira Perić-Ostojić heads the team out of the firm's Rijeka office and is advising Adriatic Gate across all ongoing shipping and maritime-related matters related to its role as concessionaire of the Rijeka port container terminal.
Ira Perić Ostojić
‘The firm has expertise in the maritime, shipping and services-related fields.‘
‘The firm has a proven track record in transport matters.‘
‘Ira Perić Ostojić provides advice in a professional, detailed and understandable way.‘
‘Luka Tadic-Colic is an outstanding local Croatian law partner that can take the lead on transactions.‘
Adriatic Gate Container Terminal / International Container Terminal Service
Global Ports Holding A.S.
Merk&Merk Yacht Service Tribunj
- Assisting American Airlines on setting up a branch office and operations in Croatia.
- Assisting Adriatic Gate, a unit of the Philippine-based International Container Terminal Services, and concessionaire of the Rijeka Port container terminal, with respect to all ongoing shipping and maritime-related matters.
- Acting for Global Ports Holding, one of the world’s largest cruise port operators, in the proceedings for the award of the concession of the cruise port passenger terminal Zadar.
Jointly headed by Danijela Simeunović and Martina Prpić, KOVACEVIC PRPIC SIMEUNOVIC LLC has niche expertise in relation to aircraft lease and finance. Outside of the aviation sector, other work includes advising Uber on numerous matters related to its entrance into the Croatian market.
Danijela Simeunović; Martina Prpić
PRIVREDNA BANKA ZAGREB d.d.
CRÉDIT INDUSTRIELET COMMERCIAL,
OTP Bank Plc.
OTP banka d.d.
SIEMENS BANK GMBH,
ZAGREBAČKA BANKA d.d.
Rail Cargo Carrier-Croatia d.o.o.
GOAL German Operating Aircraft Leasing GmbH & Co. KG (existing lessor),
MUFG UNION BANK
Norddeutsche Landesbank Girozentrale
Carlyle Aviation Partners
Falko Regional Aircraft
Norddeutsche Landesbank Girozentrale
Tankerska Next Generation
- Assisted, alongside Norton Rose Fulbright LLP, a group of lenders with the refinancing of Zagreb International Airport concession project.
- Assisting Uber with its entry to the Croatian market by providing legal support and representation to dozens of its local partners (independent contractors) in misdemeanour and administrative proceedings, as well in administrative litigation proceedings.
- Advising Tankerska Next Generation on corporate and capital market regulations.
Mamić Perić Reberski Rimac Law Firm LLC
Leveraging the firm's full-service expertise, Mamić Perić Reberski Rimac Law Firm LLC provides a range of substantive law expertise, including restructuring, M&A, employment and litigation to numerous transport-related clients. Vladimir Mamic is the principal contact.
TRAIN HUNGARY (Zagreb subsidiary)
- Advised Croatian state-owned sea shipping company Jadrolinija on a major restructuring of the company, which included preparation of an in-depth due diligence report and research of applicable legal provisions in order to comply with Croatian and EU regulatory legislation.
- Acting for the local subsidiary of Train Hungary on its daily business operations, HR management and employment issues, especially communication with trade unions.
- Acting for the shareholders on the sale and transfer of business shares in Autotrans to Arriva Hrvatska (Croatian subsidiary of Deutsche Bahn).