Under the guidance of Danijela Simeunović, KOVACEVIC PRPIC SIMEUNOVIC LLC has developed a market-leading reputation for its work within the aviation sector, with work spanning the gamut of commercial, regulatory and financing matters for an eclectic range of stakeholders. Simeunović has gained particular acclaim for her lessor side expertise, including work for Falko Regional Aircraft, while outside of the aviation sector she has picked up an increasing flow of work for clients in the rail and road transport space.
Transport (including shipping) in Croatia
Autotechnica Fleet Services d.o.o.
Rail Cargo Carrier-Croatia d.o.o. and other members of Rail Cargo Group
Croatian Employers’ Association (CEA)
Croatian Bank for Reconstruction and Development
OTP banka d.d.
World Star Aviation
FLY AIR41 AIRWAYS d.o.o.
Falko Regional Aircraft Limited
UMB Bank N.A.
- Recently advised local banks, including Croatian Bank for Reconstruction and Development, on the financing to facilitate te construction of polar cruiser vessel.
- Providing a range of legal support to Uber and representing dozens of its local partners in misdemeanour and administrative proceedings, as well in administrative litigation proceedings.
- Acting as Croatian counsel in relation to two transactions relating to two Bombardier De Havilland DHC-8-Q402 Aircraft on lease to Croatian national air carrier.
Led out of Rijeka by Anita Krizmanić, Macesic & Partners LLC has an ‘outstanding‘ reputation across the full scope of commercial, regulatory, financing and litigation mandates within the shipping sector and is appreciated for its ‘pragmatic and solutions-oriented approach’. Krizmanić provides ‘high quality legal analysis’ to a wide range of stakeholders in the sector, including P&I clubs, and is particularly adept at handling shipping-related litigation, including personal injury and fatal accident matters.
Other key lawyers:
‘The team is knowledgeable and reliable. It displays a pragmatic approach and is solutions-oriented and practical.’
‘The firm has an outstanding shipping practice.’
‘I have been working mainly with Anita Krizmanić who is very competent and responsive. She provides high quality legal analysis and is pragmatic, concise and prompt at proposing solutions.’
Yachtowners – The Shipowners’ Club
“MOJ LIPI KARIGADOR” ASSOCIATION
Craft for nautical and excursion tourism “TAJANA”, owned by Anton Zuzic
The Shipowners’ Club
The Standard Club
MAERSK – APM Terminals
K/S TORM EASTERN
AURORA OF THE SEA SHIPPING CORPORATION
- Advising “MOJ LIPI KARIGADOR” ASSOCIATION, Karigador, on declaring a granted concession on maritime demesne building a marina null and void.
- Assisted AURORA OF THE SEA SHIPPING CORPORATION in arranging transportation of seaman through Croatian county lines and over EU member state borders for return to the vessel in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Led by the ‘very commercial and resourceful‘ consultant Ira Perić-Ostojić, who spearheads the firm’s Rijeka office, Wolf Theiss – Zagreb branch provides ‘responsive and practical advice‘ to clients across a range of shipping-related matters, from a regulatory, commercial and litigation perspective. ‘A true expert in Croatian transport/shipping law’, Perić-Ostojić continues to act as de-facto in-house counsel to Adriatic Gate in its role as concessionaire to the Port of Rijeka. Head of the office’s projects team, Saša Jovičić also regularly handles maritime-related mandates, including on construction-related port mandates.
Other key lawyers:
‘They are very pleasant and easy to work with, from receiving our requests to the final result. They are also proactive in solving any potential issues, as well as efficient in dealing with public authorities, which is not always straight forward in Croatia.’
‘The team is responsive, provides practical advice and has deep industry knowledge.’
‘The firm is well represented across the region, making it convenient for us to obtain high quality advice from across the Balkans.’
‘The very commercial and resourceful Ira Perić-Ostojić has always showed immense knowledge and understanding of our business and legal needs. She is a true expert in Croatian transport/shipping law. Her advice is reliable, fast and efficient, while Ira is approachable and an excellent communicator.’
Adriatic Gate Container Terminal / International Container Terminal Service
Bolidt Kunststoftoepassing B.V.
Dredging and Maritime Management S.A.
Global Ports Holding A.S.
Merk&Merk Yacht Service Tribunj
Algoma Central Corporation
- Advising Global Ports Holding in the proceedings for the award of the concession of the cruise port passenger terminal Zadar.
- Advising Adriatic Gate Container Terminal with respect to all ongoing shipping and maritime-related matters.
- Advising a number of interested parties in the complex restructuring process of Croatian shipyards.
Appreciated for its ‘professionalism, eye-for-detail, meticulousness and dedication’, Mamic Peric Reberski Rimac Law Firm LLC leverages the firm’s strong full-service expertise, including on finance and corporate matters, to good effect on behalf of a significant number of transportation clients. The ‘agile and responsive’ Vladimir Mamic has significant experience of advising on shipping and rail matters and as well as acting for Train Hungary on its day-to-day business operations, also continues to represent Croatian state-owned shipping company, JADROLINIJA, on its restructuring.
‘The firm’s transportation team consists of lawyers who have extraordinary experience, expertise and qualifications in their respective field of law. In today’s multi-branched business world, the firm has the ability to foresee change and think ahead, therefore guiding us successfully to our goals.’
‘The team is very knowledgeable and friendly.’
‘Vladimir Mamic and Nikola Kokot are very agile, responsive and possess a wide overall legal and business knowledge. The team’s organisational skills, professionalism, eye-for-detail, meticulousness and dedication to work have made great contribution to the successful cooperation between us and them.’
JADROLINIJA, MARITIME LINER COMPANY for the Carriage of Passengers and Goods, Rijeka (JADROLINIJA)
TRAIN HUNGARY Zagreb Subsidiary
GITONE Kvarner d.o.o.
Lürssen Design Center Kvarner llc
- Advising JADROLINIJA on various matters, including a major restructuring of the company, public procurement, new investments and issues regarding share capital increase.
- Advising AUTOTRANS jsc in preparation of annexes to share purchase agreement and the accompanied documentation.
- Advising EBRD in granting high value loans to numerous transportation entities.
‘A very capable and educated group of individuals, who are always ready to help’, Law Office Žarkovic combines strong industry sector knowledge with corporate, commercial and financing strength, in particular, enabling it to provide an effective service to a growing roster of transportation clients, including numerous European rail companies. Marko Milošević is the main contact.
‘Working with Law office Žarkovic was a great experience. A very capable and educated group of individuals who are always ready to help.’
‘Matea Žarković and Toni Kapelina are great lawyers who know their job and always go above and beyond to solve a case. They also have excellent communication skills and are very committed to the work.’
- Assisting a major European railway transportation company on a number of high-value matters, including acquisition of additional locomotives and wagons, transportation of freight, lease of locomotives, regulatory matters and other related matters.
- Advising a major Croatian transportation company in a number of contractual relations with their partners as well as in relation to importing products to Croatia.