The powerhouse insurance team at BLP is an industry leader, advising high-profile multinational clients. The 'hardworking and solid' group assists with the full range of insurance issues, from insurance contracts to complex litigation and regulatory matters. The team is led by insurance law authority Neftalí Garro and backed by senior associates Juan José López, an insurance regulatory expert, and business law specialist Carlos García, and associates Alberto Bogantes, who handles dispute resolution matters, and Stephanie Garnier. The team's international client roster includes Lloyds, Zürich and Unity Willis Towers Watson.
Insurance in Costa Rica
‘When you work with BLP you are part of a team of hardworking, solid advisers. They are my go-to in the region.’
‘You can rely on the advice from Neftali Garro and Carlos Garcia. You can trust they will respond when you need them to and you can believe they will fight your corner.’
Unity Willis Towers Watson
ASSA Compañía de Seguros
- Acting as legal adviser to the Association of Private Insurers (AAP), assisting with day-to-day regulatory issues.
- Advised regional insurance brokerage firm Unity and its shareholders on all aspects of corporate and insurance regulatory law relevant to its acquisition by Willis Towers Watson.
The insurance team at Central American firm Arias brings strength in regional matters to its advice to international clients. Led by experienced partner Carlos Camacho, the team advises on the insurance elements of high-value transactions across the hospitality, technology, aviation and automotive sectors. The group offers a diverse spectrum of services, from drafting insurance clauses in agreements to offering key support on dealings with the supervising authority. The team is supported by finance expert Diego Gallegos, senior associate Ignacio Flores, who is a specialist in governmental matters, and associate Natalia Granados, who advises on special regimes.
From assisting international financial advisers in multi-jurisdictional transactions to developing growth strategies for top-tier insurance groups, the team at Sfera Legal offers a comprehensive range of services to clients. The group advises on such diverse matters as regulatory compliance, insurance-related litigation, and the development and registration of financial products. The team is led by founding partner Eric Scharf, and is supported by associates José María Pacheco, Carlos Abarca Umaña and regulatory specialist Andrea Martín Jiménez. The group's client portfolio includes international names such as Pan-American Life Insurance.
Pan-American Life Insurance
- Advised AGP Corporation, an international financial adviser with offices in the US, Peru, Ecuador, Spain and Costa Rica, on a variety of financial, insurance and regulatory matters.
- Continuing to advise Pan-American Life Insurance on its ongoing growth strategy.
- Advising Sinergia Brokers on various insurance law and regulatory matters, including reviewing contracts and providing analysis of the legal framework of the Costa Rican insurance market.