WTO/international trade: PRC firms in China
Jincheng Tongda & Neal
Jincheng Tongda & Neal has an extensive client offering in WTO and international trade with key clients including the government of China, China Chambers of Commerce, various domestic manufacturers and exporters. Key industries of strength include steel, tires, and refrigerated goods. The practice is retained by the Ministry of Commerce to advise on bilateral and multilateral trade negotiations and WTO dispute settlements. Other areas of work include advising on antidumping duty and countervailing duty investigations. Managing partner and director Chen Yang specialises in all of these areas, and WTO dispute resolution. Lin Li is also noted and focuses on international trade and cross-border dispute resolution.
Ministry of Commerce of P.R. China
China Chamber of Commerce of Metals, Minerals & Chemicals Importers and Exporters
Jinhuan Construction Group Co., Ltd.
Wison (Nantong) Heavy Industry Co., Ltd.
Guizhou Tire Co., Ltd.
Shandong New Continent Tire Co., Ltd.
Chint Solar (Zhejiang) Co., Ltd.
Zhejiang Juhua Co., Ltd.
Baoshan Iron & Steel Co., Ltd.
Bengang Steel Plate Co., Ltd.
- Advised Chinese producers of Fabricated Structural Steel (“FSS”) and secured the ITC negative determination in the final phase of injury investigation initiated against imports of FSS from China, Canada, and Mexico.
- Advised Guizhou Tyre Co., Ltd. and Guizhou Tyre Import and Export Co., Ltd. on the 7th administrative review of the countervailing duty order on off-the-road tires from China.
- Advised Shandong New Continent Tire Co., Ltd. on the 3rd U.S. antidumping review of Certain Passenger Vehicle and Light Truck Tires from China.
King & Wood Mallesons
King & Wood Mallesons advises across the full spectrum of WTO and international trade law. The team assists government authorities, domestic and international corporations on a range of matters including trade remedies, WTO dispute settlement, American section 337 investigations, customs law, and import/export issues. The practice has a strong presence in antidumping investigations and has been involved in several high-profile matters. Practice head Jin Xiao specialises in international trade law and regularly represents the Chinese government. Xinyu Liu also heads the practice and focuses on international trade consulting, dispute resolution, and customs.
Ministry of Commerce of the People’s Republic of China (“MOFCOM”)
ARLANXEO Netherlands B.V.
ARLANXEO USA LLC
Fortron Industries LLC
Weihai Gaosai Metal Product Co., Ltd
CBH Grain Pty Ltd
GLENCORE AGRICULTURE PTY LTD
Alibaba (China) Technology Co., Ltd.
DFS Group Limited
APM Monaco (China) Co., Ltd.
Guangzhou VIP Information Technology Co., Ltd.
Well-known Hong Kong-funded drink corporate group
Domestic manufacturing plant of a well-known foreign-funded corporate group
Large well-known Japanese multinational corporate group
Well-known foreign-funded auto parts company
Domestic sales company of a well-known multinational medical devices corporate group
Large state-owned metallurgical leading enterprises
Electrical machinery manufacturing enterprise of a well-known multinational enterprise
Well-known Hong Kong enterprise
Tianjin-based trade company
Well-known Lithium battery manufacturing enterprise
- Assisted MOFCOM in a countervailing duty case and WTO dispute.
- Assisted MOFCOM in anti-dumping proceedings and WTO dispute.
- Advised MOFCOM on anti-dumping investigations concerning imported ethylene propylene diene monomer.
Zhong Lun Law Firm has a sizeable practice with 'exceptionally knowledgeable lawyers'.The team regularly represents the Ministry of Commerce on anti-subsidy and safeguard investigations involving other WTO members. The team also advises various chambers of commerce and industry associations in trade remedy investigations. Other areas where the team has been active include anti-dumping, and anti-subsidy investigations. Lingchen Pu heads the WTO and international trade group and has a strong background in trade remedies, customs, export control, and foreign investments.
Other key lawyers:
‘Very user friendly, professional and extremely competent.’
‘Pu Lingchen. A class above the rest.’
‘They are very well connected, speak good English and know trade law very well. They are our go to firm for Chinese trade cases. They are also very pleasant and professional to work with.’
‘I work mostly with Pu Lingchen and Mingwei Wang. Both of them are exceptionally knowledgeable lawyers with good client management skills.’
Daye Special Steel Co., Ltd
MINISTRY OF COMMERCE OF THE PEOPLE’S REPUBLIC OF CHINA
China Chamber of Commerce of Metals Minerals & Chemicals Importers & Exporters (CCCMC)
China Chamber of Commerce of Import & Export of Foodstuffs, Native Produce & Animal By-Products (CFNA)
Shougang Holding Trade(Hong Kong) Limited
SHANXI TAIGANG STAINLESS STEEL Co Ltd.
INITZ Co., Ltd.
Kumho P&B Chemicals, INC.
Huali Group Co., Ltd
KUMHO POLYCHEM CO. LTD
Jiangsu Shukang Packing Material Co., Ltd.
Asia Symbol (Guangdong) Paper Co.,Ltd.
Guangdong Decro Package Films Co., Ltd.
Jiangsu SOPO Corporation (Group) Ltd.-
Guangxi Meihai International Trade Co., Ltd.
Nanning Jinlun Wood Industry Co., Ltd
Chongqing Zongshen Power Machinery Co.,Ltd.
Fangda Carbon New Material Co.,Ltd.
Taizhou Qingsong Refrigerant New Material Co., Ltd.
China Chamber of Commerce for Import and Export of Machineryand Electronic Products
Tai Shan City Kam Kiu Aluminium Extrusion Co., Ltd.<
- Represented ABB Chongqing and Zhongshan in Australia’s anti-dumping investigation concerning the Power Transformers, the investigation against ABB was terminated on the basis of no dumping and negligible dumping margin.
- Participated in acting for Daye Special Steel Co., Ltd. in appealing to the European Court of First Instance.
- Represented Government of China in response to the US Countervailing duty investigation of Forged Steel Fluid End Blocks products.
Dentons China has an established presence in the WTO and international trade spaces and advises on a range of areas including export controls, economic sanctions, and international trade remedy investigations. Other key areas of work include anti-dumping, countervailing, and safeguard measures. The team has a strong international presence and advises on cross-border investigations. Dr Jianlin Ni is based in Shanghai and advises on international trade and anti-dumping. Also based in Shanghai is Guohong Zhang who has a strong background in customs matters. Kaiming Cai and Lei Sun head the Beijing team. The practice is praised for its 'excellent team work and expertise'.
‘Excellent team work and expertise in the most challenging jurisdiction for WTO/International trade practice.’
‘Mr. Kevin Cai. Know him for more than a decade in WTO/International trade practice and always seen outstanding results.’
Hunan Valin Xiangtan Iron and Steel Co Ltd.
Zhejiang Best Nail Industry Co. Ltd
China Chamber of Commerce for Import and Export of Textile and Apparel
Ministry of Commerce of the People’s Republic of China
China Chamber of International Commerce (CCOIC)
- Represented Yamazaki Mazak Manufacturing Corporation in response to anti-dumping investigation initiated by the Ministry of Commerce.
- Represented China Chamber of Commerce for Import and Export of Light Industrial Products and Arts- Crafts in injury defence on behalf of China’s ceramic tableware industry in response to the anti-dumping investigation initiated by the EU Commission on ceramic tableware products originated from China, and successfully defended 14 items of the total 15 EU injury items.
- Engaged by the China Council for the Promotion of International Trade and its Shenzhen Committee, to lead dozens of professional lawyers in respective fields to carry out a “cross-border business compliance examination” for 196 companies in Shenzhen.
East & Concord Partners has a long history in WTO and international trade with significant experience in trade remedy investigations. The team regularly receives instructions relating to anti-dumping investigations, anti-subsidy investigations, anti-circumvention investigations and safeguard cases. Practice head Vivian Wang has particular expertise in advising on foreign anti-dumping cases. Additionally, Wang advises clients on safeguard and anti-circumvention investigations.
Global Law Office has a broad client offering and has particular expertise advising clients on antidumping, countervailing, and safeguard investigations. The team also handles both inbound and outbound trade remedy cases. The firm advises clients in a range of industries including petrochemical, steel, paper, textiles, and agricultural products. Frank Hang co-heads the practice in Beijing and has a strong background in inbound and outbound antidumping and countervailing investigations. Qing Ren also heads the Beijing team and advises on trade policies, export control and economic sanction matters. Shanghai-based practice head Deming Zhao focuses on corporate and regulatory compliance.
GSBF TANK INC.
Hurco Manufacturing Ltd.
VALLOUREC DEUTSCHLAND GMBH
GUANGDONG HUAXING GLASS CO., LTD.
Hengyang Valin Steel Tube Co., Ltd.
China Meheco Group Co., Ltd.
China Development Bank
The Export and Import Bank of China
China Northern Industry Co., Ltd.
- Assisting CCOIC with ongoing Section 301 actions.
- Represent Hurco Manufacturing Ltd., one of three sampled companies, to respond to China AD investigation against Vertical Machining Centre originating in Japan and Taiwan, which is the largest AD investigation initiated by China.
- Provide consulting services for the cooperation projects between Meheco and WHO.
Guangsheng & Partners PRC Lawyers is headquartered in Beijing and has office locations in Shanghai, Zhengzhou, and Shenzhen. The WTO and international trade practice is a core part of the firm. The practice displays particular expertise in anti-dumping, as well as countervailing and safeguard investigations. Key sectors that the team are involved in include the chemical, energy, manufacturing, food, and medical sectors. Dr. Hai Yan, who acts as chairman of the managing committee, and founding partner Likai Li, both have previous experience working at MOFCOM. Yao Aifeng is also noted.
Mitsui Chemicals, Inc.
COFCO International Australia Pty Ltd.
Otsuka Chemical (India) Pvt. Ltd.
GCL System Integration Technology Co., Ltd.
Zibo Intrue Light Industrial Products Co., Ltd.
Shandong Changshengtai Glass Products Co., Ltd.
Sinoglass Housewares Co., Ltd.
Xiamen GoldenHome Co., Ltd.
Shouguang Fushi Wood Co., Ltd.
Temgoo International Trading Limited
Fujian Sanming City Donglai Wood Co., Ltd.
Jiangyin Delian Chemical Co., Ltd.
Shaxian Hengtong Wood Industry Co., Ltd.
Nantong Kanghua Chemical Co., Ltd.
Toray Plastics (China) Co. Ltd.
Foshan Porcelain Plaza Trading Co., Ltd.
Arkema Daikin Advanced Fluorochemiclas (Changshu) Co., Ltd.
Al-Jubail Fertilizer Company
Arak Petrochemical Company
Arch Chemicals, Inc.
Asia Symbol (Guangdong) Paper Co., Ltd.
Azovstal Iron & Steel Works (Ukraine)
China Yarn Co., Ltd.
Changshu 3F Fluorochemical Industry Co., Ltd.
Chhung Shing Textile Co., Ltd.
Chisso Corporation (Japan)
- Represented Mitsui Chemicals in an AD investigation against phenol that was initiated by MOFCOM.
- Represented Otsuka Chemical in AD and CVD investigations initiated by MOFCOM on 7-phenylacetamido-3-chloromethyl-3-cephem-4-carboxylic acidpmethoxybenzyl ester originating from India.
- Advised Meihua Holdings Group in several AD reviews on Xanthan Gum from the PRC launched by the US Department of Commerce.
JunZeJun Law Offices has an experienced WTO and international trade team that regularly represents domestic companies and the Chinese government in antidumping, countervailing and safeguard investigations by foreign governments. The practice has in-depth industry knowledge in a range of industries including chemical, steel, electronics and machinery, textiles and food. The team also advises the Chinese government on WTO dispute settlements. Practice head Li Fayin has a strong background in international trade remedy investigations including anti-dumping, countervailing and safeguard measures, as well as WTO dispute settlement cases.
Other key lawyers:
Ministry of Commerce, PRC
Risen Energy Co. Ltd
Jiangsu Sanfangxiang Group Co. Ltd
Nanjing Dongsheng Shelf Manufacturing Co. Ltd
Zhejiang Junyue Standard Part Co., Ltd
Jiangsu Huaxicun Co. Ltd
Primy Corporation Ltd
Jiangyin Huahong Chemical Fiber Co. Ltd
Chambers of Imports and Exports of Machineries and Electronics
Shanghai Hailong Group
- WTO dispute case between China and the United States in China-Additional Duty Measures (DS558).
- WTO dispute case between China and United States in US-Aluminium and Steel Measures (DS544).
- Advised Shanghai Hilong Group on antidumping and countervailing issues.
AllBright Law Offices has a broad client offering with significant experience in trade defence investigations and matters concerning trade regulatory measures. Other key areas of work includes disputes involving anti-dumping, anti-subsidy and safeguard measures, as well as WTO dispute settlements. Key clients include China Chamber of International Commerce and MOFCOM. Fu Donghui and Li Ye jointly head the practice.
China Chamber of International Commerce (“CCOIC”)
Xinjiang Tianye Group
Ministry of Commerce of the People’s Republic of China (“MOFCOM”)
China Chamber of Commerce for Import and Export of Machinery and Electronic Products (“CCCME”)
- Assisted JA Solar in the customs audit of the US Customs and Border Protection.
- Represented CCOIC in the re-consideration procedure for implementing the ruling of the High Court of New Zealand in the framework of anti-subsidy proceeding on imports of galvanized steel coil.
- Assisted Canadian Solar with the countervailing annual administrative review on solar cells and modules.
DeHeng Law Offices has specialists in WTO and international trade with strong sector expertise particularly in the glass, iron and steel, chemical products, ceramics, and food industries. The practice has a recognised presence in world trade remedy issues, especially in anti-dumping cases. Clients regularly seek advice on countervailing and safeguard investigations. Ren Yongzhong heads the practice and represents a range of major state-owned enterprises and Sino-foreign joint-ventures.
Xinyi Solar (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd.
Hebei Tsaker Chemical Co., Ltd., Tsaker Chemical (Cangzhou) Co., Ltd., Tsaker Technology (Beijing) Co., Ltd.
Ma’anshan Iron & Steel Co., Ltd.
China Chamber of Commerce for Import and Export of Machinery and Electronic Products (CCCME)
Zhonghao Chenguang Research Institute of Chemical Industry Co., Ltd.
- Advised Xinyi Solar (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd. in response to the antidumping investigations initiated by EU and India concerning imports of solar glass from Malaysia.
- Advised Hebei Tsaker Chemical Co., Ltd. and related companies in response to the Sunset Review of anti-dumping investigation initiated by India concerning imports of DSD Acid originated in or exported from China.
- Advised Ma’anshan Iron & Steel Co., Ltd. in response to the antidumping investigation initiated by Malaysia concerning imports of cold rolled coils from Malaysia.
Guantao Law Firm has a wide range of expertise in WTO and international trade and advises clients on WTO rules on goods, and services, in addition to investments and intellectual property matters. The team regularly handles anti-dumping, anti-subsidy and safeguard measure investigations. The firm's client base consists of a variety of large SOEs, corporations and government agencies. Pengpeng Yan heads the practice. Jing Meng is also noted.
JunHe LLP advises a range of Chinese enterprises and the government in matters on outbound antidumping, countervailing duties and safeguards. In addition, the team advises on U.S. Section 337 investigations and other international trade disputes. WTO dispute settlements is another area of expertise. David Tang and Zhou Yong jointly head the practice.
- Advised Wison (Nantong) Heavy Industry on international trade related work.
- Advised Graincorp on proceedings with MOFCOM.
- Advised Tsingshan Holding Group in an anti-dumping and countervaililng investigation.