Fintech: PRC firms in China
Han Kun Law Offices has a strong presence in fintech and advises clients on a range of matters including compliance, designing of products, third-party payments, blockchain and cryptocurrency. The firm acts for many leading names in the sector such as Tencent Financial Technology, Webank, and Ai Bank. Practice head Jun Wan specialises in blockchain, securitization and asset management transactions, general banking and finance. Other key individuals on the team include Shu Wang, Jun ZHU, Tiecheng YANG.
Tencent Financial Technology
Xiaomi Supply Chain Finance / Xiaomi Commercial Factoring
- Represented the joint bookrunners in Qudian Inc.’s offering of convertible senior notes.
- Represented Hillhouse Capital in its investment in CCC China.
- Acted as the retained legal adviser for Webank, assisting the client in its financial regulatory matters and the development of innovative financial products.
Zhong Lun Law Firm has a long history in banking and financial services with a strong client base consisting of both domestic and international financial institutions, as well as multinational corporations. The team advises clients on a range of fintech matters but has a particular focus on compliance and regulatory issues. Other areas of strength include cryptocurrency, and related litigation and arbitration. Key individuals in the team include Xinyu Liu, Wantao Yang, Borong Liu , Shirley Lu, Hui Zhi. Other noted individuals include Zhisong He and Yi Hu.
Shenzhen LinkTime Technology Co., Ltd.
Radical Automobile (China)
Bank of Beijing
Taiping General Insurance
Shanghai Minhang Financial Service Office
Association of Shanghai Internet Financial Industry
Guoxin Venture Capital
Chinatopcredit Financial Information Services (Shanghai) Co., Ltd., CTCF
Xiaoyudian Small Loan
- Advised Fountainvest Partners on its due diligence on 360 Finance.
- Advised Bank of Beijing on its cooperation project with Guazi used car.
- Represented Chang’an Wealth in its entrusted loan dispute against Tewoo Group and its subsidiaries.
DaHui Lawyers has a well-established presence in fintech and financial regulatory matters and operates closely with major PRC regulators such as the Public Security Bureau, and the Cyberspace Administration of China. The team has particular expertise in third-party payments, regulatory and compliance, cryptocurrency and blockchain. Founding and managing partner Richard Ma has broad experienced in fintech. Brendon Wu has a strong background in fintech and TMT.
Other key lawyers:
China International Capital Corporation Limited (CICC)
Crystal Stream Fund (HillHouse Capital)
Schaeffler Technologies AG & Co. KG
Source Code Capital
TsingJiao Information Science (Beijing) Limited (“TsingJiao”)
UP FINTECH HOLDING LIMITED (“Tiger Brokers”, NASDAQ: TIGR)
Qudian Inc. (NYSE: QD)
Xinyuan Real Estate Co., Ltd.
Yellow River / Jihuiduo
- Advised on various aspects of Airbnb’s online payment operations in China, including corporate restructuring, operation permit requirements and operation compliance.
- Advised Tiger Brokers as PRC counsel on Nasdaq IPO.
- Advised Yellow River on market entry, structuring, and navigation of payment and other FinTech solutions.
Global Law Office covers a broad range of contentious matters, including dispute resolution and intellectual property, as well as a wide range of non-contentious issues such as public offering of shares and debt financing. The team has significant expertise in private equity and venture capital deals in the fintech space. Steven Yu and Vincent Wang are the Shanghai-based practice heads and Jinrong Liu and Maggie Meng head the team from Beijing.
HashKey Digital Asset Group
Linklogis Financial Group
- Advised Primavera as the lead investor to invest in Lufax in its Series C financing.
- Advised Linklogis in its Series C and Series C-1 financing.
- Represented SDIC Intelligence in acquiring Meiya Pico (SZ. 300188) through share transfer and voting rights delegations with a consideration exceeding RMB 1.9 billion.
King & Wood Mallesons
King & Wood Mallesons has an effective cross-border practice and advises across a range of fintech matters, from regulatory and compliance, to product development, financings, and licensing. Key clients include Suning Financial Services, Shanghai Ouye Financial Information Service, and Welab. Shenzen-based Allen Zhong heads the practice and has a strong background in banking and cross-border financing deals. Fushen Chen and Leimin Yu are also noted.
Suning Financial Services(Shanghai)Co., Ltd. (Suning FS)
Shanghai Ouye Financial Information Service Co., Ltd. (SH Ouye)
ZhongAn Virtual Finance Limited (ZAVFL)
China International Payment Service Corp (“CIPS”)
Payment Agencies(Pingan Fu, Alipay, Airwallex、Worldfirst、Flywire, Neat)
- Assisted Suning Financial Services on its C round financing.
- Advised Shanghai Ouye Financial Information Service in the design, drafting and consistent review and modification of the online procedure and operational business documentations of the supply chain finance platform.
- Advised Welab on its application for the Hong Kong virtual bank license.