A leading firm in the Manaus legal market, Andrade GC Advogados covers a broad range of areas, including tax, labour and real estate, with a particular emphasis on litigation. The firm is also active in advising clients on issues relating to the Manaus Free Trade Zone, and has recently worked with several new clients on related matters. Founding partner Germano Costa Andrade's areas of focus include dispute resolution and corporate, succession and environmental law. Other names to note in the sizeable team include litigator Carolina Ribeiro Botelho, who has strong experience acting for real estate, technology and retail companies, labour and social security law expert Armando Cláudio Dias dos Santos Júnior, and Keyth Yara Pontes Pina, who is responsible for the firm's legal controllership area.
Leading firms in Brazil
Germano Costa Andrade; Armando Cláudio Dias dos Santos Júnior; Carolina Ribeiro Botelho; Keyth Yara Pontes Pina
COOPERCLIM – Sociedade de Clínica Médica do Amazonas
RD Engenharia e Comércio
Sony do Brasil
- Representing clients in cases concerning the exemption of PIS and COFINS taxes in the Western Amazon and Free Trade Areas, and PIS and COFINS taxes in the provision of services.
- Successfully represented several clients in tax litigation to receive the amounts of taxes unduly paid.
- Acting for clients in annulment actions against tax debts derived from labour fines.
Nelson Wilians Advogados
Local, national and multinational companies turn to Nelson Wilians Advogados' Manaus-based team for representation in complex tax litigation and matters connected to the Manaus Free Trade Zone. The firm has also expanded into other areas of practice, and offers services in relation to consumer law, consumer protection and labour law, among other areas. Leading practitioners in the team include Karem Lúcia Corrêa Da Silva, who draws on over 20 years of experience in dispute resolution and litigation portfolio management, managing partner of the Manaus office Sergio Rodrigo Russo Vieira, tax expert Claudine Basilio Klenke, Bruno Rodrigo Falcão Vale Palheta, who works with major banking clients and companies based in the Manaus Free Trade Zone, and Érika Augusta De Paula Freitas Chaparro, who has experience working with household name Brazilian companies.
Sergio Rodrigo Russo Vieira; Karem Lúcia Corrêa Da Silva; Claudine Basilio Klenke; Bruno Rodrigo Falcão Vale Palheta; Érika Augusta De Paula Freitas Chaparro
Sindicato dos Concessionários e Distribuidores de Veículos do Estado do Amazonas
Bic da Amazônia
Ipiranga Produtos de Petróleo
Sindicato dos Peritos Oficiais do Estado do Amazonas – SINPOEAM
Technicolor Brasil Mídia e Entretenimento
Federação das Indústrias do Amazonas- FIEAM
Agência de Fomento do Estado do Amazonas S/A- AFEAM
Mitsuba do Brasil
Ral Empreendimentos Ltda – Grupo Cachaçaria do Dedé
Pam Indústria de Plásticos Injetados Amazônia
- Acting for National Confederation of Trade in Goods, Services and Tourism (CNC) in a Direct Action of Unconstitutionality.
- Acts for Bic da Amazônia in a writ of mandamus concerning the collection of a tax credit related to the employer’s social security contribution.
- Represents Flex Industries in an ordinary action, whereby it was declared that there is no mandatory legal-tax relationship on the payment of the Administrative Services Fee – TSA, administered by Manaus Free Trade Zone Superintendence (SUFRAMA).
With a national practice and local presence, Siqueira Castro – Advogados is among the leading firms in the North region, with offices in Manaus as well as Belém and Porto Velho. Its diverse client base includes major players in the banking, renewable energy, mining and telecoms sectors, among others. The Manaus office draws on the expertise of Claudia Krauskopf, who is well versed in consumer relations, civil and environmental law, with an emphasis on litigation. Corporate and litigation expert Cassio Chaves Cunha, who splits his time between Manaus and Belém, and aviation, financial services and third sector expert Gustavo Gonçalves Gomes in São Paulo, are key contacts.
Cássio Chaves Cunha; Gustavo Gonçalves Gomes
‘Versatility in performance, agility and readiness to meet demands, efficiency in results and excellent technique.’
‘Cássio Cunha is extremely competent and efficient.’
‘Cassio Chaves Cunha and Rodrigo Monteiro Barata are recommended.’
‘Presence in several states.’
Paulo Oliveira Engenharia
Brasitech Indústria e Comércio de Aparelhos para Beleza
HDL da Amazônia Indústria Eletrônica
Hermasa Navegação da Amazônia
Tiferet Comércio De Roupas
- Acting for HDL da Amazônia Indústria Eletrônica in a case that involves engineering performed by a neighbouring company, causing a substantial change in the land of HDL of Amazônia.
- Represents Paulo Oliveira Engenharia in a case involving the collection of values from the municipality of Manaus, resulting from bidding.
- Assisted Hermasa Navegação da Amazônia in the preliminary part of a public civil action involving the company.
Portela, Lima, Lobato & Colen Advogados
The Manaus branch of Minas Gerais-headquartered firm Portela, Lima, Lobato & Colen Advogados stands out for its work in the real estate sector, where it is well versed in corporate and commercial transactions. Lidiane Batista in Manaus is particularly focused on the retail and shopping centre sub-sector, and provides advice on related contractual, commercial and consumer matters. She is supported by Milton Eduardo Colen and Gustavo de Ávila Rajão in Belo Horizonte.
Milton Eduardo Colen; Gustavo de Ávila Rajão
Inova III Flex Fundo de Invest. em Participações Empresas Emergentes
HTS Administradora de Hotéis
Flex Importação, Exportação, Indústria e Comércio De Máquinas e Motores
Engeco Engenharia e Construções
Rádio e Televisão Rio Negro
BEPHO Pub Gastronômico Comércio de Bebidas e Serviços de Alimentação
- Advised Supermercado DB on the acquisition of property of over 20,000m² to install the company’s new distribution centre and supermarket.