Highly experienced in public and administrative law, Mudrovitsch Advogados is regularly instructed in administrative improbity actions, public class actions and constitutional litigation. In the latter field, a recent highlight was the team's representation of National Association for Urban Transport (NTU) before the Federal Supreme Court requesting a declaration of unconstitutionality of a decree issued by the Municipality of Rio de Janeiro; the decree concerned the municipal authority's urban transport system concession. Rodrigo de Bittencourt Mudrovitsch leads the team and specialises in public, criminal and constitutional law. Guilherme Pupe da Nóbrega is another active member of the team.
Public law and regulation in Brazil
Associação Nacional das Operadoras Celulares (ACEL)
Bom Futuro Agrícola
Concessionária do Centro Administrativo do Distrito Federal (CENTRAD)
Engie Brasil Energia
Energia Sustentável do Brasil
Sia Offices Empreendimentos Imobiliários
- Represents a client in an investigation conducted by the Federal Audit Court (TCU) with the purpose of ascertaining possible irregularities in a financial operation between the company and Brazilian development bank BNDES in 2010.
- Supreme Court defence of the unconstitutionality of a state law that requires mobile telecom companies to block their signals in areas designated to be prison facilities.
- Inittated a constitutional suit (ADPF) at the Federal Supreme Court (STF), requesting that a decree issued by the Municipality of Rio de Janeiro be declared unconstitutional.
- Acting for a client in an administrative improbity action filed by the Federal Public Prosecutor’s Office.
Piquet, Magaldi e Guedes Advogados
Piquet, Magaldi e Guedes Advogados has strong knowledge of the infrastructure, construction and ports sectors, where it advises well-known companies in contentious and non-contentious public law matters. It is particularly active before the Federal Court of Accounts (TCU), with recent highlights including its successful representation of Concessionária Via 040 in a proceeding before the TCU which investigated irregularities in a regulatory permit granted by the Land Transportation National Agency (ANTT) for certain public works. Leading practitioners in the team include Arthur Lima Guedes, government and regulatory affairs expert Daniel Bogéa and Antonio Henrique Medeiros Coutinho, whose practice encompasses public contracts, dispute resolution and regulation.
Nova Participações (formerly: Grupo Engevix)
Interstate Union of Audiovisual Industry (SICAV)
WorldPort Desenvolvimento Portuário
ECOVIX Construções Oceânicas
Concessionária Via 040
Construções e Comércio Camargo Corrêa
Associação Brasileira dos Terminais Portuários (ABTP – Brazilian Association of Port Terminals)
Capgemini Latin America and Capgemini Brasil
- Represented Concessionária Via 040 in a proceeding before the Federal Court of Accounts, successfully preventing a toll rate reduction.
- Advised the OAS Group on signing a R$1.9bn leniency agreement relating to irregularities unccovered by the Lava Jato operation.
- Acting as legal and regulatory counsel to ECOVIX on the obtaining of regulatory authorisation for a new private port terminal.
- Represented a client in signing a leniency agreement.
Advocacia Fernanda Hernandez specialises in public law and tax litigation before the courts in Brasília; founding partner Fernanda Guimaraes Hernandez can draw on over 30 years' experience before the Supreme Federal Court and Superior Court of Justice. The firm's varied client base includes financial services, mining and food companies, and it is also a popular choice for other law firms. Also of note in the team: Bruna Macedo Moreth, who specialises in public and financial law; and Isadora Cronemberger Caixeta, who is a key contact at the associate level.
Jive Investments Consultoria
Anglo Ferrous Brazil
Bussab Endres Advogados
Líder Táxi Aéreo
Sotave Amazônica Química e Mineral
Advocacia Gandra Martins
Jus Capital Gestão de Recursos
Banco BS2 (formerly: Banco Bonsucesso)
Usinas Siderúrgicas de Minas Gerais (Usiminas)
Dias de Souza Advogados
- Advising a client on an action which seeks a declaration of nonexistence of the debit imputed to it by the National Department of Mineral Production, due to the existence of mistakes in the interpretation of the legislation.
- Defending a client in an action that seeks the recovery of contractual attorney’s fees arising from a successful intervention in an administrative procedure.
- Providing litigation services to a client in a case before the Superior Court of Justice, aiming to overturn a ruling against the company for the alleged practice of administrative improbity.
In public law, Mattos Filho, Veiga Filho, Marrey Jr. e Quiroga Advogados' Brasília team handles a more or less even balance of contentious and non-contentious matters. It is well versed in administrative proceedings before the TCU: a case in point was Thiago Luís Sombra and associate Igor Moreira Novais Teixeira assisting IBM before the TCU concerning an administrative contract for the supply of software solutions, obtaining a preliminary decision favourable to the client.
Gol Linhas Aéreas
Chubb Seguros Brasil
Oracle do Brasil
Fiat Chrysler Automóveis Brasil
Bill and Melinda Gates Investments (BMGI)
Aena Desarrollo Internacional
- Provided assistance to Fiat Chrysler Automóveis in an administrative proceeding before the Distrito Federal Court of Accounts in relation to an administrative contract for the supply of vehicles.
- Assisting Aena Desarrollo with public law, regulatory and corporate issues regarding the concession agreement for the exploitation of six federal airports.
- Provided assistance to IBM in an administrative proceeding before the TCU in relation to an administrative contract for the supply of software solutions.
Ana Frazão Advogados
Brasília-based boutique Ana Frazão Advogados was established in October 2019 and is already carving out a space for itself in the city's legal market. The firm's niche is in legal opinions and draws on the reputation of competition, public law and regulatory expert Ana Frazão. Angelo Prata de Carvalho has broad expertise in business law and is also experienced in administrative and judicial litigation.
Refinaria de Petróleo de Manguinhos
Espólio de Mozart and Décio Garcia Nascimento
Jetfly Revendedora de Combustíveis
Marimex Despachos Transportes e Serviços
Costa do Sol Operadora Aeroportuária
Buser Brasil Tecnologia
- Delivered a legal opinion regarding the ongoing reform of the regulation concerning exclusive fuel supply agreements.
- Delivered a legal opinion regarding the unconstitutionality of a parliamentary bill that prohibits fuel delivery in the state of Rio de Janeiro.
Under the supervision of Cláudio Coelho de Souza Timm, the multi-disciplinary team at TozziniFreire Advogados primarily acts for clients across all stages of public procurement processes, from negotiating government contracts to resolving disputes. Clients of the department include well-known companies and industry associations. Litigation specialist Isabela Braga Pompilio and associate Bruno Lourenço are additional contacts.
‘Everyone I work with at Tozzini is very responsive and professional. The senior partners have a genuine sense of what is the best strategy for my company. The whole team is also very pleasant to work with. Always a good feeling that I get value for money.‘
Banco Credit Agricole Brasil
- Representing the Association of Workers of the Bank of Brasilia in legal proceedings against the appointment by the Pension Institute of the Public Workers of the Federal District, of the minority shareholders’ representative to the bank’s board of directors.
- Assisted Terracap in designing and implementing the structure of the Biotechnological Park of Brasília (Biotic).
Veirano Advogados operates from multiple offices in Brazil, with Marcelo Reinecken a key figure in the Brasília office. The team has significant regulatory expertise and acts for clients in highly regulated sectors, including infrastructure, utilities and transport. Its practice encompasses consultancy work as well as administrative and judicial litigation; constitutional litigation is a particular area of growth.
Autotrac Comércio e Telecomunicações
SAMA — Minerações Associadas
- Represented Sama before the Supreme Federal Court in a series of lawsuits discussing whether activities involving asbestos could be executed in Brazil.
- Represents Harsco Metals in public civil action concerning alleged environmental damages.