Filip Van Elsen and Peter Van Dyck are the key contacts at Allen & Overy LLP, which advises clients on cybersecurity matters, cross-border outsourcing, compliance issues and IT service agreements, among other areas.
EU regulatory: Information technology in Belgium
Allen & Overy LLP
Filip Van Elsen; Peter Van Dyck
In the words of one client, DLA Piper's team has 'unmatched skills and experience in the market'. The 'hard-working' group is led by Kristof De Vulder, who is well known for his expertise in IT matters and regularly handles outsourcing, cloud computing and IT contracts. Patrick Van Eecke left for Cooley LLP in September 2020.
Kristof De Vulder
‘DLA Piper’s information technology practice has a unique selling proposition since it combines legal expertise with knowledge on the market‘.
‘DLA Piper has a truly expert team on these matters‘.
- Assisting biopharmaceutical company UCB with multiple IT contract matters.
- Assisted Sabena Aerospace Engineering with outsourcing its IT operations to an external service provider.
- Assisting SD Worx with IT contract issues, most recently advising the client on compliance matters.
At time.lex, the 'very available' team garners praise for its 'expert knowledge and experience in the field of IT'. The client base includes prominent government entities and multinational corporations. The notable individuals in the group are Ruben Roex, the 'very knowledgeable' Geert Somers, cloud computing expert Hans Graux, Jos Dumortier, Edwin Jacobs (who has expertise in fintech) and Frederic Debusseré, who handles IT contracts.
Jos Dumortier; Hans Graux; Geert Somers; Edwin Jacobs; Frederic Debusseré; Ruben Roex
‘The team is very professional, knowledgeable and delivers results quickly. The team works very well with the client and searches for the optimal solution together that can be achieved in the quickest and most efficient manner‘.
European Union Agency for Cybersecurity (ENISA)
- Advising Samsung on the regulatory aspects of a blockchain project.
- Advising the European Commission on its future policy and legislation for artificial intelligence-driven products and services, with particular focus on liability.
- Advising the Flemish Government on the regulatory aspects of the implementation of electronic signatures.
Alexandre Verheyden and Bernard Amory jointly lead Jones Day's practice, which has a particular strength in providing 'first-class advice' to clients from the telecoms sector on broadband regulatory matters. Licensing matters are another driver of work.
Alexandre Verheyden; Bernard Amory
‘Bernard Amory is a stand-out lawyer in this field‘.