Charles Russell Speechlys LLP's team has ‘great industry knowledge’ and dominates the Bahraini real estate market with expertise in industrial projects, developments, and investment acquisitions. Practice head Paula Boast handles both contentious and non-contentious construction projects, with notable expertise in matters concerning ports, airports and highways. She is supported by experienced associates Jodie Martyndale-Howard and Reem Al Mahroos. Simon Green in Dubai is a key regional contact. The team also advises high-net worth families in the GCC region on property investments in the UK.
Real estate and construction in Bahrain
Other key lawyers:
Jodie Martyndale-Howard; Reem Al Mahroos
‘The team is very responsive and has great industry knowledge. You feel like they are working with others that have the same issues as you and have encountered your concerns before, which is very comforting.’
‘Paula and Jodie on the construction side are a great team and have great industry knowledge. They always provide commercially-minded advice.’
‘Reem is very responsive and has very relevant experience with real estate and hotels.’
Esterad Amwaj Co W.L.L
Bahrain Marina Development Company
Bin Faqeeh Real Estate Investment Company W.L.L
Eagle Hills Diyar Company W.L.L
Diyar Al Muharraq W.L.L
Ministry of Tourism (Oman)
Town Center Real Estate Development W.L.L
NASS Contracting Co W.L.L.
NASS Industrial Services
Al Sahel Resort
Haya Power & Desalination Company
Cebarco Bahrain W.L.L.
Eagle Hills International Properties LLC
Nadeen School W.L.L
Bahrain Real Estate Investment Company (Edamah)
Bahrain Mumtalakat Holding Company
Sevens Holding S.P.C.
- Advising a Chinese/ Saudi/ Bahraini consortium in relation to the design, construction and operation of an IWPP independent water and power plant in the Kingdom of Bahrain.
- Advised various clients on some of the most iconic new and existing hotels located in the Middle East, Africa, UK, Europe and the Caribbean, including the iconic AlBustan Palace Ritz Carlton Resort in the Sultanate of Oman.
- Engaged by Esterad following its acquisition of the long-stalled major Amwaj Gateway project in Bahrain. Esterad acquired the project at auction in June 2019 for $39m.
At Trowers & Hamlins LLP, Abdul-Haq Mohammed heads up the real estate and infrastructure practice, which is active in complex development projects, investment matters and PPP work. The group operates across the GCC region and works in close contact with the construction team based in Dubai; managing partner Cheryl Cairns is the contact there and is recommended for contentions construction issues. Associate Unkar Chanian in Bahrain advises on commercial property matters and regulatory work.
Other key lawyers:
Bahrain Airport Company B.S.C.
Riffa Views B.S.C (c)
Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
Diyar Al Muharraq W.L.L.
Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC)
Veolia Energy Gulf
Bahrain Bay Development
Durrat Khaleej Al Bahrain
Ithmaar Development Company
GFH Financial Group
Al Kifah Group of Companies
- Advising Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, Bahrain (RCSI) on the optimal contractual strategy and procurement process for the construction and operation of solar rooftop panels at its campus as part of the University’s and Bahrain’s drive towards sustainability.
- Advising, in consortium with Ernst & Young and Mott McDonald, Roads & Transport Authority of Dubai, on the outsourcing of the Operation and Maintenance of the public bus network.
- Advising energy supplier Veolia and its subsidiary Bahrain Bay Utilities on a range of matters relating to its activities in Bahrain and the UAE, particularly Abu Dhabi, on the drafting and negotiating of new district cooling concession and supply agreements for the extension to The Avenues Mall in Bahrain.
Zu’bi & Partners, Attorneys & Legal Consultants advises public and private sector clients on real estate and construction issues, including contractual matters, financings and property management. Practice head Qays H. Zu’bi, Eman Omar and experienced associate Noor Al Taraif are key members of the team handling large real estate projects and commercial property investment abroad. Real estate disputes are another driver of work.
Qays H. Zu’bi
LK Nine S.P.C.
Eagle Hills Diyar Company WLL
Property finder ae
Marina Durrat Al Bahrain Real Estate Co. W.L.L
BAHRAIN REAL ESTATE INVESTMENT COMPANY (EDAMAH) B.S.C. ©
Ossis Property Developers
One Eleven Holdings