Construction in Austria
KWR Karasek Wietrzyk Rechtsanwälte GmbH
The construction team at KWR Karasek Wietrzyk Rechtsanwälte GmbH acts for an impressive client base, handling a range of high-profile construction matters. The practice is jointly led by Georg Karasek, Clemens Berlakovits and Paul Schmidinger. Recent work highlights include advising Valet Grundstücksverwaltung on matters regarding the construction of a important hospital in Austria; representing SFL technologies KFT in an arbitration matter against an international mining group regarding claims for additional remuneration; and providing ongoing advice to the SFL Group. Jan Philipp Schifko is also noted.
Georg Karasek; Clemens Berlakovits; Paul Schmidinger
VALET Grundstücksverwaltungs GmbH
Elektro SAW GmbH
UniCredit Bank Austria AG
AY-KA Bau GmbH
Marina Tower Holding GmbH
Future Life Bauträger GmbH
UBM Development AG Strauss & Partner Development GmbH
ATOMIC Austria GmbH Amer Sports Europe Services GmbH
Börseplatz 1 GmbH
Raab und Raab – Gruppe
- Advising Valet Grundstücksverwaltung on matters regarding the construction of a key hospital in Austria.
- Assisting Hospes-Grundstückverwaltungs Gesellschaft with various matters regarding the construction of a major hospital in Austria.
- Advising the BVA on an ongoing basis on contract structuring and general construction law advice.
The construction practice at Wolf Theiss Rechtsanwalte GmbH & CoKG is renowned for its professional team with technical backgrounds from within the construction industry itself. Areas of focus include contract drafting for construction projects, expert construction advice throughout projects and dispute resolution matters. Highlights included advising on the construction of the Koralmtunnel for PORR Bau; acting for Ing. Hans Bodner Baugesellschaft mbH & Co on a construction contract and in a construction dispute; and representing Rhomberg in two legal proceedings against its subcontractors. Wolfgang Müller manages the practice, Thomas Anderl and senior associate Hannah Schaflinger are also highly praised for their work.
‘From my impression, Wolf Theiss has the largest and best construction team of all firms in Austria’.
‘The construction team of Wolf Theiss combines legal know-how, technical understanding and a practical hands-on approach.’
‘Wolf Theiss have a specialist team for construction. That’s highly valuable in our business; and they have an excellent track record in CEE/SEE countries’.
‘One of the best teams practising construction law in Austria’.
‘Thomas Anderl is definitely our go-to-lawyer in Austria for construction issues. He is always well-prepared and, in my opinion, very strong in the court room’.
‘We regularly work with Thomas Anderl. I personally like his analytical ability which makes him a really strong force in this field’.
‘We are very satisfied with the service we receive from Wolfgang Müller. He is not only a brilliant lawyer, but his negotiation skills are outstanding as well’.
PORR AG / PORR Bau GmbH
Alu König Stahl GmbH
Boehringer Ingelheim RCV GmbH & Co KG
DYWIDAG Dyckerhoff & Widmann Gesellschaft m.b.H.
G. HINTEREGGER & SÖHNE Baugesellschaft m.b.H
Implenia Baugesellschaft m.b.H
Hochtief Construction Austria
Jäger Bau GmbH
CA Immobilien GmbH
Doppelmayr Immobilien GmbH
CPI Immobilien GmbH
Octapharma Handels GmbH
Rhomberg Bau GmbH
- Advising on the construction of the Koralmtunnel for PORR Bau.
- Advising Boehringer Ingelheim, a global research-based pharmaceutical company, on the construction of a new production facility.
- Acting for a producer of cable cars and lifts, Doppelmayr Group, in various construction matters
The construction team at CMS Reich-Rohrwig Hainz Rechtsanwälte GmbH, which is led by Nikolaus Weselik, stands out for providing construction advice in an interdisciplinary fashion, incorporating real estate and insurance law matters into its practice. Highlights included advising Projektgemeinschaft Brenner Basistunnel Nord on the Brenner Base Tunnel; assisting Porr Beteiligungen und Management GmbH with the award procedures for two PPP consecutive projects for newly built school campuses in Vienna and providing advice on a hotel project development in Tyrol for Mountain Hotel. Helmut Bruckner is also recommended.
Projektgemeinschaft Brenner Basistunnel Nord
Niederösterreichische Glasfaserinfrastrukturgesellschaft (nöGIG)
Tridonic GmbH & Co KG
Mountain Hotel GmbH
Securikett Ulrich & Horn GmbH
RFL Lachinger GmbH
Fröhlich & Locher und Partner Ziviltechnikergesellschaft mbH
NMPB Architekten ZT GmbH
- Advising Projektgemeinschaft Brenner Basistunnel Nord on the Brenner Base Tunnel.
- Advising a subsidiary of Zumtobel on the construction and operation of a new production plant.
- Assisting Porr Beteiligungen und Management with the award procedures for two PPP consecutive projects for newly built school campuses in Vienna.
The construction practice at Schoenherr (Schönherr Rechtsanwälte) is led by Michael Lagler, Peter Madl and Christian Schmelz and is also able to draw on the expertise of lawyers from a variety of practices, in particular from the firm's real estate and regulatory groups. Recent work highlights include advising Unger Unternehmensgruppe on the acquisition and redevelopment of three plots at the former northern railway station of Vienna; acting for Vienna International Airport and the state of Lower Austria in the Environmental Impact Assessment approval proceedings for a third runway at the airport; and assisting a joint venture consisting of Invester and Elin Quadrat with the acquisition of real estate for residential development in Vienna. Arabella Eichinger is also noted.
Michael Lagler, Peter Madl and Christian Schmelz
‘Very high professional expertise, comprehensive market knowledge, good commitment and all-embracing advice’.
Vienna International Airport (“VIE”)
Autobahnen- und Schnellstraßen-Finanzierungs-AG (ASFINAG)
TIWAG Tiroler Wasserkraft AG
DWS Investment GmbH
Real I.S. AG
GETEC Heat & Power AG
Bank Austria Real Invest Immobilien-Kapitalanlage GmbH
- Advising Unger Unternehmensgruppe on the acquisition and redevelopment of three plots (with approx. 200 apartments to be built) at the former northern railway station of Vienna, Nordbahnhof.
- Acting for the Vienna International Airport and the state of Lower Austria in Environmental Impact Assessment approval proceedings for a third runway at the airport.
- Assisting Asfinag with a broad range of environmental and permitting issues, especially in relation to the to the construction of several major motorways.
The construction department at Cerha Hempel is led by Peter Vcelouch, with the team predominantly focusing on residential development, construction disputes and transactional M&A matters. Michaela Siegwart is highlighted for her 'solution-oriented approach'. Recent highlights include advising Aberdeen on an investment in a residential development project located near Vienna's main railway station and assisting SES Spar European Shopping Centers in various construction law matters with respect to several shopping centres owned by SES.
‘High professional standard both in legal as well as in the field of structural engineering which leads to an outstanding professional cooperation.’
‘Michaela Siegwart has an unpretentious appearance, offering an objective view, solution-oriented approach.’
Flughafen Wien AG
SES Spar European Shopping Centers
Aberdeen Standard Investments
TANN Magyarország Kft.
Werkstatt Wien Spiegelfeld ZT
DIE ERSTE Leasing
- Advising Aberdeen on an investment in a residential development project located near Vienna’s main railway station, as part of a larger city development.
- Acting for retailer Lidl Österreich on an ongoing basis with respect to several real estate development projects, real estate acquisitions concerning new shop locations (“Lidl” markets) in Austria and on several construction law issues.
- Assisting SES Spar European Shopping Centers with various construction law matters with respect to several shopping centres owned by SES.
DORDA Rechtsanwaelte GmbH's team is led by real estate practice head Stefan Artner. Counsel Gunnar Pickl is the key name for work in the construction sphere; he handles disputes, contracts and claims management matters. Head of the public law team Bernhard Müller is also active in this area, particularly in construction-related public procurement.
Deka Immobilien GmbH
DLH (Deutsche Logistik Holding GmbH & Co KG)
KGAL (Investment Management GmbH & Co. KG)
ARE- Austrian Real Estate
Müller Partner Rechtsanwälte
Müller Partner Rechtsanwälte is a bespoke construction boutique, with a particular focus on construction disputes. The practice, which is jointly headed by Katharina Müller and Bernhard Kall, has a 'solution-oriented' approach and is 'always available'. The core strengths of the team lie in construction contracts, claims management and advising contractors on the assertion, negotiation and plausibility of claims for increased costs, in particular ensuring that the construction industry requirements comply with the law. Representing clients in court, drafting contract models, M&A transactions and the restructuring of companies also feature in its workload.
Katharina Müller; Bernhard Kall
‘Solution-oriented, highly qualified in my requested topics, every team member has their own special tasks, therefore 100% competent, fast, always available and perfect preparation/training and sparring partner for non-court negotiations.’
The construction team at Vavrovsky Heine Marth Rechtsanwälte handles a broad rage of contentious and non-contentious matters, including construction law disputes, contractor agreements, building contracts and supervisions. The team is led by the 'excellent' Daniela Pitzek, with Nikolaus Vavrovsky also praised for maintaining the 'complete confidence and trust' of his clients. Recent work highlights include advising Bodner Bau on the bidding process for the redevelopment of the Linz Tobacco Factory and representing ÖBB-Infrastruktur AG in a complex dispute regarding an influx of water at the newly built Salzburg main train station.
‘Vavrovsky Heine Marth is an excellent firm for real estate and construction law. They have in-depth market know how and know the course of development projects and all the challenges therein.’
‘The many years of experience allow the team to find solutions to very complex issues in a very short period of time in all legal questions we had so far. The strengths are comprehensive knowledge paired with passion for the tasks at hand.’
‘Daniela Pitzek has an excellent know-how of the legal side of matters, the market and latest market trends. Her biggest strengths are her very systematic way of approaching matters and her legal finesse in solving issues.’
‘Nikolaus Vavrovsky is an excellent adviser and exceptionally gifted strategist, whose professional judgement – based on his broad expertise and long-term strategies – has our complete confidence and trust.’
‘Main contact and firm partner Nikolaus Vavrovsky holds tremendous dispute resolution skills that enable him to efficiently master all project-related contentious and non-contentious matters.’
Bank Austria Real Invest Immobilien Kapitalanlage GmbH
ERSTE Immobilien KAG
Ing. Hans Bodner Baugesellschaft mbH & Co KG
LLB Immo Kapitalanlagegesellschaft m.b.H.
Manfred Raab and Raab&Raab Group
Stix + Partner Immobilien GmbH
UBM Development Österreich GmbH
- Advising leading construction company Bodner Bau on the bidding process for the redevelopment of the Linz Tobacco Factory (Tabakfabrik Linz) as well as in the course of the project development.
- Acting as regular counsel to ÖBB-Infrastruktur, a major subsidiary of Austria’s state-owned railway company, in a complex dispute regarding an influx of water at the newly built Salzburg main train station.
- Advising Erste Immobilien KAG on the acquisition of a real estate property in “Smart City Graz” to develop a landmark residential project as well as the acquisition and development of a major mixed-use property in Vienna.