Local firms in Angola
ALC Advogados has a broad offering and has been involved in the financing of significant infrastructure projects and corporate transactions. Litigation also features in the team's workload; Catarina Levy Osório and Ana Leitão de Matos are names to note in this space. Irina Neves Ferreira's areas of expertise span private investment, insurance law, real estate, tax and customs, while Helena Prata advises on financing, restructuring, labour and corporate law. The firm cooperates with Portuguese firm Morais Leitão, Galvão Teles, Soares da Silva & Associados.
Catarina Levy Osório; Helena Prata; Irina Neves Ferreira
‘Great communication skills, very good time management and attention to detail.‘
‘The firm has a good reputation for handling complex and innovative deals.‘
‘The individuals of this team (especially Catarina Levy Osório) have a great skill in communication and understanding our company’s needs.‘
AVM maintains a strong focus on oil and gas projects and foreign investment in various sectors. The firm's banking and finance practice is also of note; António Vicente Marques and colleagues in Portugal advised Gemcorp Capital on amendments to strategic international financing provided to the Angolan State.
António Vicente Marques; Sandra Teixeira da Silva
‘António Vicente Marques is extremely good and highly professional.‘
Cegelec Oil & Gas Services
Fidux Trust Company Limited / HFTT Alternative Limited
Gemcorp Capital LLP
Goldman Sachs International / Deutsche Banck / ICBI
International Finance Corporate
Mundo Startel, Telecomunicações, S.A.
Snc Lavalin Angola
Telstar Telecomunicações, Lda
Spie Oil & Gas Services S.A.S – Angola Branch
Ohorongo Cement Pty Ltd
- Assisted Diageo with a new partnership with Refriango.
- Advising Distell group, a leading producer and marketer of beverages, on its new private investment project.
- Advised Gemcorp Capital LLP on amendments to strategic international financing to the Angolan State (a revolving facility agreement).
Benefiting from its cooperation with DLA Piper, ADCA Advogados acts for household name companies in myriad sectors, and has recently received work from a number of new clients. Practice head Luís Filipe Carvalho specialises in real estate and corporate law, including cross-border deals and project finance agreements. Islândia Ribeiro is a key contact at the associate level.
Luís Filipe Carvalho
‘Proactive and consistent in the work done.‘
Prime Yield Angola (Gloval Group)
SIEP Real Estate
Laborex (Toyota Group)
AMT Advanced Maritime Transports
- Advising a client on the corporate restructuring of an Angolan consulting and property valuation company.
- Advising Pernod Ricard on its activities and strategies in Angola, including conducting due diligence, reviewing and drafting corporate and financial agreements, and advising on labour law and regulatory matters.
- Assisting a leading real estate, property management and investments company across all areas, especially real estate, finance and corporate.
BCSA – Advogados had another busy year in 2019 and has expanded its practice in the mining industry with significant new projects. Recent work includes advising a mining company on its interests in the Angolan mining sector. The team is also active in the financial services, food and beverage and telecoms sectors. among others. Sandra Saraiva and João Bravo da Costa are names to note at the firm, which is associated with PLMJ.
João Bravo da Costa; Bruno Xavier de Pina
‘The team has different specialists that are available based on the client’s needs. There is one contact person who makes other specialists available by the client’s request in no time.‘
‘Very client-oriented. In-depth understanding of the client’s business and able to anticipate possible issues.‘
Chemonics International INC (USAID – Global Health Supply Chain Program-Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project
Angoflex, Lda (TechnipFMC and Sonangol Association)
GE Capital EFS Financing, INC
Banco de Desenvolvimento de Angola
Sodosa S.A (Conglomerate, former Cabire Group)
SUEZ – DEGRÉMONT SAS
- Assisting a mining company with its interests in the Angolan mining sector.
- Advising joint venture company Kora Angola on a major residential real estate project.
- Advising a healthcare company on its day-to-day operations and on new joint venture agreements.
Fátima Freitas Advogados
The 'very professional' and 'customer-focused' lawyers at LEAD ADVOGADOS are highlighted for their 'deep knowledge of not only the local regulation, but also the local culture and key decision makers'. Established in 2017, the Angolan firm has already established itself as a key player in the market, and is equipped to advise on large-scale finance and corporate transactions and litigation. In a major highlight, Djamila Pinto De Andrade and Natacha Barradas advised The Republic of Angola on the second of its international bond issuances, totalling $3bn, representing one of the largest sovereign bonds ever issued in Sub-Saharan Africa. The firm established an association with Dentons in 2019.
Djamila Pinto de Andrade; Emanuela Vunge; Natacha Barradas
‘LEAD Advogados has deep local expertise and is able to understand clients’ needs.‘
‘LEAD Advogados distinguishes itself from local competitors through its international standards. Top notch professionals with responsiveness and resilience overcoming local difficulties.‘
‘Deep knowledge of not only the local regulation, but also the local culture and key decision makers.‘
‘The lawyers are very professional, customer-focused and respect deadlines.‘
‘LEAD Advogados is full service and its partners are highly regarded for their technical ability and commercial approach.‘
‘I work with them for their high skill-set, availability, responsiveness and can-do approach to all matters.‘
‘We work with Natacha Barradas, Djamila Pinto de Andrade and Maurilson Ramos. All of them are strongly competent and experienced lawyers.‘
‘Djamila Pinto de Andrade is one of the best lawyers I have encountered; very strong in corporate, M&A, financial law and foreign investment.‘
‘Djamila Pinto de Andrade has extraordinary experience in the financial sector.‘
‘Natacha Barradas has extraordinary knowledge of the public legal sector and has excellent ability to solve complex problems.‘
‘Natacha Barradas is a beacon in financial matters and is also hard working and devoted.‘
‘Emanuela Vunge is pivotal for energy and tax matters.‘
‘António Caxito is a resourceful litigator; he never gives up a fight and has a very strong presence in court.‘
‘João Manuel Lourenço is one of the best criminal lawyers I have ever met and is also very strong in court.‘
Total Outre Mer
Bank of China
Ministry of Finance of Angola
Banco De Poupança E Crédito (BPC)
JBIC (Japan Bank for International Cooperation)
Standard Chartered Bank
Angola Sovereign Wealth Fund
- Advised The Republic of Angola on the second of its international bond issuances, totalling $3bn.
- Acted for Total Outre Mer on establishing a joint venture with Sonangol in the downstream sector.
- Advised JBIC on structuring a financing agreement with the Republic of Angola.
EVC Advogados is led by Eduardo Vera-Cruz and benefits from its association with FCB Sociedade de Advogados. It has a good track record advising clients in the financial services, real estate and oil and gas industries.
Local and international companies turn to FTL Advogados for advice on corporate transactions, investments, real estate projects, restructurings, financings and tax matters. Filipa Tavares De Lima is highly regarded. The firm partners with international firm CMS.
Filipa Tavares de Lima
‘Filipa Tavares de Lima is a master in her field; she has outstanding knowledge of local and international law that pertains to the oil and gas business.’
Jembas Assistência Técnica; Lda.
Angoil Bumi JV, Lda
G4S – Serviços de Segurança (Angola), Lda.
Geração 80 Produções, Lda.
Technic Services, Lda.
Top Sea. Lda.
Yahalom Mining Services Angola
- Assisting Appy People with all matters related to the implementation of a healthcare-related app.
- Advising a real estate developer on the negotiation and execution of a contractual package for the implementation of a residential real estate project.
- Assisting the Angolan subsidiary of a Sweden-based international group with the sale of a building complex to the Angolan state.
João Afonso Fialho; Joana Pacheco; Vanusa Gomes
KT – Kinetics Technology
NELT Group | OXBOW, LDA.
- Advising Group Castel’s local entities on several corporate and commercial matters, including M&A transactions and regulatory competition matters.
- Assisted Chimec with the setting up of a business in Angola to supply chemicals and provide services to Angolan oil and gas producers.
- Advising Météo-France on a modernisation project for Inamet, the Angolan National Meteorological Service.