Intellectual property in Ukraine
‘Axon Partners IP lawyers are very knowledgeable in their field. They are really quick in responding but at the same time digging deeply. We can always rely on them and be sure the IP tasks are being carried out with great care.’
‘I consider a high level of knowledge and intelligence to be the key ability of the team. The team has excellent knowledge of English, an understanding of modern technologies, activity, initiative, and adherence to deadlines. The team uses modern tools when preparing and signing documents. Documents undergo 2-stage proofreading.’
‘The Axons team is distinguished by a high level of education and intelligence. Successfully collects and systematizes large volumes of information. High level of knowledge of English.’
ABM Cloud OU
- Advised MakeUp on 3rd-party claims and ongoing IP-related consulting.
- Represented the architect Mykola Levchuk in the court of copyright protection.
- Advised Alignees on IP-related aspects of the med-tech software distribution model considered by the client.
Vasil Kisil & Partners
Vasil Kisil & Partners
Robert Bosch GmbH N
Leeloo Marketing LLC N
Oleksii Bordusov N
Biuro vin LLC (d.b.a. Good Wine)
Kovalenko Yunona (Lady Diana vlog)
Bastet Fem LLC (d.b.a. Pesto Cafe)
Jacobs Douwe Egberts Ukraine LLC
- Advised Robert Bosch GmbH BSH on the matter of selling original household appliances illegally imported to Ukraine.
- Represented McDonald’s Ukraine in a case against the collective management organisation over public performance of phonograms in chain’s restaurant.
- Represented Jacobs Douwe Egberts Ukraine LLC in two judicial proceedings on illegal use of client’s trademarks and recovery of lost profits.
Nataliya Dryuk; Tetiana Kudrytska
Pioneer Hi-Bred International, Inc.
European Business Association
Naftogaz of Ukraine
Media Group “Ukraine” (TV channel “Ukraina”)
Darnitsa Pharmaceutical Company
- Represented Darnitsa in complicated litigation on recognition of TM “Citramon”.
- Assisted Corteva with its IP portfolio in Ukraine, including complex protection at customs.
- Assisted Raiffeisen Bank International and its innovative neobank called “Fairo” with the management of the extensive trademark portfolio.
Ante Law Firm
‘We are working with Ante law firm from the beginning of our operation, and they are always available, even if we have little time to decide on some issues. Lawyers advise us clearly, and we understand what to do. We appreciate the individual approach and clear recommendations.’
‘I like how Ante communicates and writes, also their willingness to help, even outside working hours (which is very important in Ukraine). Our key contact person from Ante is Kateryna Ishchenko, who knows everything and pays attention to details. She does not only answer questions we have asked but tries to foresee the next and advise us considering our business.’
‘High professionalism, extensive experience in related areas of jurisprudence, clear organization and timely response to the questions posed, proactivity – informing about potential changes in legislation and events in areas of interest to us, use of all modern tools of communication.’
Theatre 360 degrees LLC
Kyiv Academic Theatre on Podil
Ivan Franko National Academic Drama Theatre
Bees Airline LLC
Deep 3D Studio LLC
Sanofi-Aventis Ukraine LLC
Perrigo Ukraine LLC
Lutsk Foods JSC
Qatar Airways Q.C.S.C. (Representative office in Ukraine)
Lufthansa AG (Representative office in Ukraine)
Air France (Representative office in Ukraine)
KLM (Representative office in Ukraine)
Austrian Airlines (Representative office in Ukraine)
Ekta Insurance Company
esparma GmbH Representative Office
The Kyiv Independent
Ms. Yulia Ublinskykh
Mr. Volodymyr Anfimov
- Assisted Theatre 360 Degrees LLC with its innovative project combining theatrical performances, film shooting, special and visual effects, and modern sound.
- Represented Deep 3D Studio in the protection of IP rights and registration of trademarks.
- Advised the first-class Ukrainian media on the protection of copyrights and trademarks.
Kateryna Oliinyk; Taras Kyslyy
Other key lawyers:
‘The firm has managed to maintain its operations at a very high level even in a maximally difficult and sad time and under extremely challenging circumstances. Even before the war of aggression, the Law Office was our first address in Kiev thanks to great reliability, outstanding responsiveness and legal quality.’
‘Kateryna Oliinyk is an excellent lawyer, completely oriented towards the welfare of the client, with enormous experience and great strategic and dogmatic skills. A top woman for IP.’
‘The firm is very responsive, business oriented and reliable.’
Teva Pharmaceutical Industries
KFC International Holdings LLC
Pizza Hut International, LLC
RIGO TRADING S.A.
Global Message Services AG
Ford Motor Corporation
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc
Viacom International Inc., a Delaware corporation
HELL ENERGY Magyarország Kft
Paramount Pictures Corporation
Twin Peaks Production, Inc. (US)
Smurfit Kappa Bag in Box (FR)
- Represented Teva Pharmaceutical in the patent litigation proceedings related to the Bolar-like exemption newly introduced in the patent law.
- Represented the member of the Stada Group in the trademark court dispute ended with the settlement mutually beneficial for the parties.
- Represented Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty in the landmark case of registration of the trademarks “Krym.Realties” and “Donbas.Realties” before the National Intellectual Property Office and the NIPO Chamber of Appeals.
Millennium & Copthorne
- Advised Biosphere Corporation on various IP matters.
- Advised PrivatBank on patent protection of various computer technologies for the use in banking.
Sulphur Mills Limited
Wizz Air Hungary Zrt.
GSH Trademarks Limited
Medi GmbH & Co. KG
Kaufland Dienstleistung GmbH & Co. KG
Burning Man Project
Miniso Hong Kong Limited
Roshen Confectionery Corporation
Baker McKenzie, Kyiv Office
Other key lawyers:
British American Tobacco
- Advised BAT Group on all aspects of trademark protection in Ukraine.
Olga Belyakova; Maria Orlyk
Other key lawyers:
Eli Lilly and Company
Johnson & Johnson
- Advised Eli Lilly and Company on various IP matters associated with the conduct of clinical trials of their medicines in Ukraine.
- Assisted Stakelogic with proper structuring of its relations with the Ukrainian team of developers, including on the IP rights matters.
- Advised Bayer on revision and development of contractual framework, and on new contracting models to be implemented on a local level for clinical trials, conducted in Ukraine.
Crane IP Law Firm
Elena Polosmak; Ivan Nikitchenko
‘I have worked with them for the fourth year already. I have no intention to change Crane IP as an external legal advisor in intellectual property matters. I like the speed of receiving answers and services and approach. They always ask about the final goal and adjust the recommendation accordingly.’
‘I know that I can always reach them and receive fast feedback. I shareed the contacts of Crane IP partners, and no one told me about an unsatisfactory experience working with them. So, I’m confident in recommending this firm to my business partners and friends.’
‘Well-established network of trademark and IP lawyers throughout the former CIS countries. Always quick to respond.’
- Assisted Koba Khonelidze with trademarks and copyright registration, NDA and NCA agreements with staff and partners, market monitoring.
Other key lawyers:
- Represented multinational electronics company in copyright lawsuit before the court in Ukraine.
- Advised a provider of technologies and products for agriculture sectors worldwide on intellectual property matters under Ukrainian legislation in connection to the local trademark filing.
- Advised an international venture capital firm on intellectual property matters in connection to client’s investment into a fintech startup.
Doubinsky & Osharova
Victoria Sopilnyak; Tatyana Shpakovich
Other key lawyers:
Michael Doubinsky; Irina Osharova
‘Very individual approach, high-quality professional expertise, broad view, taking into account all the possible scenarios, complex work in different directions to achieve the target.’
‘The team is very professional, has broad experience, and provides smart solutions.’
‘We have been working with this company for many years, mainly on intellectual property issues and protecting the interests of our company on this issue in Ukraine. In my opinion, this is the best company in terms of intellectual property.’
- Represented Nemiroff Intellectual Property Establishment in the protection of the right in trademarks NEMIROFF.
- Represented R&A BAILEY & Co in a copyright dispute.
- Advised Henkel Ukraine Limited Liability Company on protection of intellectual property rights to the series of trademarks “Metylan”.
Ilyashev & Partners
Other key lawyers:
‘The team is very skilful and efficient.’
Ukrainian Red Cross Society
The Kellogg Company
The Kraft Heinz Company
The Yael Group
- Represented Ukrainian Red Cross Society in the termination of violation related to illegal use of the Red Cross Emblem.
- Advised the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine on the order to retrieve ownership title to the ukraine.ua domain name.
- Assisted EBC Eastern Beverage Company Limited and Zaforpo Ventures Limited in protecting the IP rights.
IPStyle Patent Law Company
Mariya Ortynska; Iryna Ortynska
Other key lawyers:
‘IPStyle Patent Law Company is a very professional business development Law Firm. All their attorneys are very capable and diligent. It always responds immediately and with good knowledge of the law and advice.’
‘They are familiar with all the details of several of my court cases, know every piece of evidence and the specifics of each case, and lead all cases from the court of first instance to the Supreme Court. This makes them indispensable partners in protecting my rights.’
‘IPStyle has represented our clients in IP infringement matters in Ukraine over the years, and their team is very service minded and knows what they are doing as professionals.’
Nova Poshta LLC
VELTA HOLDING US Inc.
RD Titan Group LLC
Secto Design Oy
FERON (FZC) LLC
DANONE DNIPRO LLC
Forest Stewardship Council A.C.
Factory SIMI Ltd
WePlay Esports Media, Inc.
L8 LLC and
Firm Olis Ltd
Sergio Rossi S.p.A.
SOLAR GAPS LLC
The Climate Corporation
Reikartz Hotel Management LLC
Faraday Electronics LLC
- Assisted SLEEPER LLC with a complex trademark audit.
- Assisted Promin Aerospace with an analysis of the non-patent publications.
- Represented Factory SIMI Ltd as a plaintiff in court proceeding on opponent’s designs’ invalidity due to lack of novelty and individual character.
- Advised PJSC Kyivstar on IP matters within its acquisition of the leading digital system of medical appointments and cooperation between patients and physicians Helsi.me.
- Advised Vista, a Cimpress company (Nasdaq: CMPR) on IP matters within its acquisition of the online graphic design editor Crello and a stock photo marketplace Deposit photos for a total price of $85m.
- Advised HARMAN International on the IP matters during acquisition of Apostera, a Germany-based automotive technology company having R&D center in Ukraine.
LCF Law Group
ROSHEN Confectionery Corporation
Legal Alliance Company
Illya Kostin; Vitalii Savchuk
‘Legal Alliance team provides essential legal services regarding intellectual property matters that arise in everyday business activities and find the best solutions to comply with current intellectual property legislation. Legal Alliance experts provide comprehensive legal support regarding compliance with IP rights which is necessary to ensure the company’s successful operation.’
‘Vitalii Savchuk put significant effort and professional experience to complete all intellectual property matters and projects to reach our business goals in multiple jurisdictions.’
Servier Ukraine LLC
Movi Health GmbH
Modern Clinics, Inc.
US Pharmacia International
- Represented Movi Health GmbH in the Supreme Court concerning the protection of intellectual property rights.
- Represented the Ukrainian pharmaceutical group of companies in negotiations with the opponent which produces the similar (infringing) product.
- Assisted APTEKA 911.UA LLC with their compliance with the current IP rights legislation and possible risks from the opponents.
LEX INTELS IP Law Firm
‘We have been working with LEX INTELS for quite a long time. They are great at what they do. All issues are resolved highly professionally and with a deep understanding of the matter.’
‘Natalya Lemeshchuk is a very experienced and in-depth professional. She is attentive to our tasks and offers the most optimal solutions for them.’
‘For the last five years, I have trusted Lex Intels to handle all the cases. Working with such a professional and talented team is always a pleasure. I can note their ability to easily establish communication with the client and explain complex legal matters to the client in a clear and accessible manner. I also like the Lex Intels team’s ability to quickly and efficiently solve difficult tasks.’
STEP IT ACADEMY (Branches in 20 country)
SMART ONE FINTECH LTD (Ireland)
IRON & SMITH kft. (Hungary)
HYS ENTERPRISE B.V. (Netherlands)
ORION, LLC (Ukraine, Odesa region)
BLESS ACADEMY (Ukraine, online project)
BOSECO Inc. (USA)
SMART ONEWORLD DWC – LLC (UAE)
FROZEN DOZEN LLC
- Advised ERSAG LLC, HYS ENTERPRISE B.V., and Mr Tissier Sean on overcoming a difficult case of provisional refusal to register trademarks.
- Assisted “COFFEESHING” (BOSECO UKRAINE, LLC) with the legal protection for inventions and utility models to protect project. .
- Assisted IRON & SMITH Kft with invalidating the certificate of Ukraine on the trademark Perlux № 255874 based on a court decision.
Oleksandr Mamunya; Ganna Prokhorova
Other key lawyers:
‘Responsibility and responsiveness are key features of this practice. We highly appreciate their fast, concise and up-to-the-point replies and proposals.’
‘I like their deep knowledge of law (provisions, case law and practice). I like that they are cautious with entrusted cases. They always analyse the issue and possible actions from different perspectives, predicting the results of various options in the long time perspective, which prevents the client from being surprised – even if the case does not develop favourably. They are responsible and reliable.’
‘Oleksandr Mamunya is one of the most successful specialists in terms of IP issues. His advice and opinion on the matter are highly appreciated.’
Synthon International Holding B.V.
Alois Dallmayr Kaffee OHG
Jelly Belly Candy Company
CO 100% life
Yuga Labs, Inc
Toyota Motor Europe
Novo Nordisk A/S
Donelli Vini S.p.A.
Jeunesse Global Holdings, LLC
Berlin-Chemie / A. Menarini Group
GRUPO BIMBO S.A.B. de C.V.
European Business Association
Sky Art Foundation
- Represented Synthon International Holding B.V. in the litigation case aimed at invalidation of the opponent’s patent for method of treatment of disseminated sclerosis.
- Advised Jeunesse Global Holdings, LLC on day-to-day trademark prosecution and trademark portfolio management, as well as contentious matters.
- Assisted Alois Dallmayr Kaffee OHG with comprehensive long-term support in trademark, copyright and design law.
Mikhailyuk, Sorokolat & Partners
Valentin Mikhailyuk; Vadim Mikhailyuk; Anna Mikhailyuk
‘The firm has a seamless approach across the CIS region.’
XIAOMI H.K. LIMITED
Pakharenko & Partners
Antonina Pakharenko-Anderson; Alexander Pakharenko; Elena Shamrina
- Assisted the client with the following up the process of obtaining protection titles for 127 IPR objects in Ukraine.
- Advised the client on developing a strategy to protect its interest before the court.
- Advised the client on developing the strategy of obtaining IP rights for plant varieties in Ukraine.
Oleksiy Katasonov; Mariia Koval
‘The team consists of high-level professionals. They are always ready to give their advice regarding any (also complicated) IP issues.’
‘Mariia Koval is a very professional and experienced lawyer with significant background in all IP matters. She answers questions on very short notice with a very high level of understanding of the client’s needs – she always recommends a transparent, for the client directly understandable, useful and cost-efficient way to solve the problems.’
Walie Holdings Ltd.
‘Working with Sayenko Kharenko is a great pleasure. They are very hands-on and proactive, know what needs to be done and make it very easy to be a client. They understand our business exactly and know what the important points are for us. Lawyers’ skills, efficiency, quality of relationship and multidisciplinary speak for themselves.’
‘Yaroslav Ognevyuk is an exceptional lawyer, who makes perfect litigation strategies with consideration of many factors and scenarios, with big attention to all details, knows how to advise us effectively and convinces our internal decision-makers.’
‘The team provides quick and pragmatic advice.’
Luigi Lavazza S.p.A
Public Joint Stock Company “State Savings Bank of Ukraine” (Oschadbank)
Scotch Whisky Association
- Represented Inventors of the hemostatic agent “Krovospas” in court to protect their rights.
- Represented Luigi Lavazza S.p.A. in two design patent invalidation actions.
- Represented Bayer AG (Bayer) in the protection of infringed IP rights to the invention before the Commercial Court of Kyiv.
Sergii Koziakov & Partners
Andriy Karnaukhov; Mykhailo Kuznietsov
‘Sergii Koziakov & Partners have an excellent understanding of the local regulations concerning IP and have been very good in negotiating a fair and reasonable handover process with authorities.’
‘The partner with whom we have been working on IP is Andriy Karnaukhov, who has demonstrated excellent knowledge of international and Ukrainian IP regulations and conventions.’
‘The client’s approach to the firm is strongly high. They fully examined my case in a short time and provided the complete output.’
Kaminion Holdings Limited
LLC Beverage trading company
LLC Eastern Beverage Trading
Pilot Solutions Group inc.
Pilot Solutions Inc.
TMG Model Agency
The Ministry of Justice of Ukraine
The Ministry of social policy of Ukraine
Karol Consulting D.o.o
- Represented Kaminion Holdings Limited in patent disputes in the courts at all levels on the territory of Ukraine.
- Represented Karol consulting D.o.o in pre-arbitrational dispute settlement with the Ministry of Health of Ukraine under the Contract on software development.
- Assisted the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine with the protection of rights and interests of Ukraine in the dispute/case on claims of Ukraine.
Olena Stakhurska; Vasyl Pop-Stasiv
‘We’ve used Taylor Wessing’s Ukraine IP practice for several deals, and the help we’ve received has been prompt and thorough.’
‘The firm provides a prompt responses, thorough review, friendly, and willing to adjust workflow to meet client’s desired level of review.’
Delivery Hero SE
Apalon Apps, LLC
Vienna Insurance Group
- Advised Snap, a major international software development company for the SnapChat application, on IP rights.
- Advised Nvidia on their contracts, particularly with respect to IP rights, and on related cross-border issues.
- Advised Stuzo on the private equity related matters with respect to the operations in Ukraine.