Employment in Ukraine
Pavlo Khodakovsky and counsel Alesya Pavlynska lead the practice at Arzinger, which advises Ukrainian businesses on day-to-day labour issues such as the employment of foreign citizens, as well as complex projects involving collective labour relations, the dismissal of senior executives, compliance and anti-corruption investigations. Khodakovsky has expertise in advising on problematic dismissals, employment due diligence, and taxation and payroll issues, while Pavlynska frequently acts for German-speaking clients. Among the firm's clients are international companies such as Porsche, Boehringer Ingelheim and Danone.
Porsche (Porsche Holding)
BNP Paribas (Ukrsibbank)
ADM Trading (Alfred C.Toepfer International)
Avon Cosmetics Ukraine
European Bank of Reconstruction and Development
Team Extension SA
Uniqa Insurance Group
LR Global Holding
CF “GoF”/NGO “Pro.Svit”
Alumni Fund Ukraine
UCABevent (Ukrainian Agribusiness Club)
- Advised Delta Wilmar on the employment aspects of its acquisition of the entire stake in Chumak food producer.
- Assisted LR Global Holding with a change of management and the elaboration of a labour contract with the CEO of its local company, obtaining a work permit for a foreign employee, and drafting internal labour regulations for the local company.
- Assisted Wienerberger AG with a change of management and the elaboration of a labour contract with the CEO of its local company.
Asters is 'very responsive, quick and has in-depth knowledge of employment law'. The firm's sizeable labour law practices is one of the oldest in the market, and it frequently handles the employment aspects of corporate reorganisations, as well as acting on contentious matters for leading national and international companies. Practice head Vadym Samoilenko has experience advising foreign and domestic clients on sensitive employment matters and risk management. Counsel Inesa Letych and senior associate Oleh Furmanchuk are highly recommended.
‘I’d like to point that the firm has a very professional approach with frank advice and best practice in order to implement the best scenario to minimise company risks.’
‘Inesa Letych is a great expert and professional who always finds the time for our company and is ready to provide support.’
‘The team works fast, delivers value for money and is ready to develop non-standard solutions and provide custom-made advice.’
‘Our key contact for employment matters is Inesa Letych, who demonstrates excellent expertise combined with flexibility and efficiency. Her advice is based on her knowledge of our company, so it is always hands-on and useful. She is responsive and really supportive, even with last-minute issues.’
‘Asters’ team is very capable of meeting every type of request with maximum attention to details. They are very reliable, efficient and professional.’
‘Asters’ team is fully understanding of all our requests. They do their job with maximum effort and with a level high level of professionalism. They are efficient in delivering solutions and I am very satisfied with their performance.”
Wizz Air Group
Molson Coors Ukraine
Tabletochki Charity Fund
British American Tobacco
- Advising Molson Coors Ukraine on a wide spectrum of labour and employment matters related to the day-to-day business of the company.
- Advising Wizz Air Group on various employment law matters, including obtaining work and residence permits for foreign employees, compensating employees and contractors, and hiring and dismissing managers and personnel of the Ukrainian subsidiary and representative office.
- Advising British American Tobacco, the largest publicly traded tobacco company in the world and the second largest taxpayer in Ukraine, on labour and employment law matters related to the outsourcing and out-staffing of personnel and the structuring of relations with support and temporary staff.
Avellum's co-managing partner Mykola Stetsenko oversees the employment practice, which frequently handles employment matters arising from large multi-jurisdictional M&A deals and business spin-offs. It also advises on sensitive matters related to the dismissal and appointment of top-level managers, as well as the preparation of employment policies and procedures. Litigator Vadim Medvedev handles complex contentious matters. The practice acts for companies from the pharmaceuticals, IT, manufacturing, FMCG, agriculture and banking sectors, including Hitachi and Novartis.
Man Truck & Bus Gmbh
Drylock Technologies N.V.
- Advised ClinTec International, an international clinical research organisation, on employment issues related to the structuring of employment relationships, hiring employees, and drafting employment agreements and other necessary documents.
Lina Nemchenko, whose practice encompasses real estate and labour law, leads the team at Baker McKenzie, Kyiv Office, which handles employment law audits, trade union negotiations, internal investigations, terminations, disputes and collective agreements. The firm has 'a distinctive client-centric approach, and it is known for its reliability and high level of trust'. Counsel Mariana Marchuk has experience advising on employee compensation, executive transfers, data protection and internal disciplinary matters, and associate Anna Stepanowa is also recommended.
‘The firm provides a high level of responsiveness and fast turnaround times.’
‘Mariana Marchuk and Lina Nemchenko dedicate much time and effort on an ongoing basis to raising awareness of possible legal issues and ways of resolving them that are very helpful for HR specialists.’
‘Their professional, comprehensive and thoughtful approach to every case is much sought-after.’
‘The firm has the ability to offer practical solutions efficiently and in a timely manner, which is highly valued by us.’
The 'competitive' practice at CMS is led by Maria Orlyk, who has extensive experience in handling group dismissals, transfer of employees and negotiations with boards of directors; disputes expert Olexander Martinenko; and Olga Belyakova, who specialises in advising IT sector clients. The team advises on day-to-day employment matters, as well as more complex mass layoffs, outsourcing projects, restructuring, immigration and labour disputes. Senior associate Nataliya Nakonechna is also recommended for her advice on executive-level dismissals and the employment aspects of M&A.
Maria Orlyk; Olexander Martinenko; Olga Belyakova
‘All the work was done as agreed, on time and with good quality.’
Main Gas Pipelines
- Advised PJSC Main Gas Pipelines of Ukraine, a specially created state-owned company designed to become the new operator of the Ukrainian gas transmission system, on accepting the Gas Transmission System Operator of Ukraine’s assets and staff.
- Advised Scatec Solar on various employment matters in connection with planned M&A deals and employee transfers.
- Advised MANE Group on the complex transfer of personnel in connection with the establishment of a new entity in Ukraine.
Dentons has one of the longest-established employment practices in Kiev and the team continues to act for management teams in corporate and governmental investigations, executive compensation and counselling projects, cross-border acquisitions, and complex HR projects. The practice also handles employment and benefits-related litigation, including claims for discrimination, retaliation, failure to pay wages, breach of contract and breach of fiduciary duty. Practice head Volodymyr Monastyrskyy has extensive experience advising Ukrainian and international clients on employment and social security matters.
Human Rights Watch Inc
SMIS International Ltd.
- Advising a life sciences company on employment matters related to the establishment of a new legal entity in Ukraine.
DLA Piper's employment and benefits practice was formally created in 2019, having previously operated as part of the corporate department. Practice head Margarita Karpenko has expertise in hiring and dismissals, employee stock options and incentive plans, the transfer of employees and employment compliance. Her team, which is described as 'extremely service-oriented and a great local partner', also advises on employment contracts, union negotiations, disputes and immigration. Senior associate Olena Martsynovska is noted for her advice on cross-border matters.
‘The DLA Piper team provided very strong and well-founded legal recommendations within the agreed period of time. These recommendations helped to resolve the issues at hand, which was essential for the continued effective operation of the client.’
‘Olena Martsynovska and Anastasiya Bolkhovitinova were very responsive to calls and meeting requests, and added strong value to the final legal recommendation, which was very highly appreciated by the client.’
‘Margarita Karpenko delivered best-practice expertise to the case.’
‘Olena Martsynovska is outstanding in terms of local employment law knowledge, as well as providing and delivering on the most pragmatic strategy. I would recommend her anytime.’
‘The team of DLA Piper Ukraine is great, very flexible and helpful with our requests. Compared to the majority of my other legal service providers, they are way more willing to go above and beyond with their assistance.’
‘Olena Martynsovska and Halyna Fulei really stand out thanks to their prompt reactions.’
Inchcape Shipping Services
- Advised Perion Network on the employment aspects of its acquisition of Septa Communications LLC, a Ukrainian start-up.
Sayenko Kharenko is known for its 'great client service and expertise'. The sizeable team is led by Svitlana Kheda, who 'provides clear and practical advice' and has extensive experience assisting multinational corporate groups with labour policies and compliance with Ukrainian anti-corruption laws. The firm also advises on contracts, terminations, internal policies and contentious employment matters. Senior associates Olga Kyriusha, who specialises in the employment of foreign nationals in Ukraine, and Kuzma Pozychaniuk, who focuses on compliance violations and international investigations, are recommended.
‘The team is very responsive and understands better than other firms how to translate difficult Ukrainian legal concepts into a clear language that non-Ukrainian people easily understand.’
‘It goes without saying that their knowledge of Ukraine employment law is excellent. They provide real added value as they proactively inform clients of related issues to be aware of such as social security, corporate law and the practices of the state authorities.’
‘Svitlana Kheda speaks English fluently. She is extremely helpful and covers every single aspect you might have not been aware of if you are not familiar with Ukraine law.’
‘Svitlana Kheda is a delight to work with and always there when you need her. Her responsiveness, knowledge of my business and tailor-made practical business advice make her unique.’
‘The team is able to understand business-driven targets and problems for which they develop tailor-made and perfect legal solutions. In particular, the team shows a strong capability to develop legal solutions taking into consideration the peculiarities of market practice and typical behaviour of local authorities.’
‘Sayenko Kharenko is simply the best.’
‘I highly appreciate Svitlana Kheda’s outstanding qualifications as a lawyer. She has not only a brilliant and broad legal knowledge of Ukrainian employment law and related topics, but also an in-depth understanding of the business-related issues of her customers.’
‘Svitlana Kheda is able to explain legally complex issues in a highly understandable manner. Furthermore, she develops different options and clearly advises on the advantages and disadvantages of each option. Finally, her level of speaking and writing in English is brilliant.’
Vasil Kisil & Partners' sizeable team handles the full range of complex labour law matters, including employment contracts, the dismissal of employees, collective bargaining agreements, company restructurings and litigation. Practice head Oksana Voynarovska, who 'has exceptional expertise', and Valeriya Savchuk, who is 'an enthusiastic professional', are members of the working group finalising Ukraine's draft Labour Code. Associate Oleksandr Melnyk has expertise in labour disputes. Clients include household names from the pharmaceutical, energy, retail and technology sectors.
‘Vasil Kisil & Partners is unique for several reasons. It has a dedicated unit that only deals with labour law issues, so its legal advisers have a rich portfolio of labour law issues. Its lawyers are members of government working groups on drafting the new labour code of Ukraine and, as such, they are advising the government of Ukraine in really politically and strategically important matters.’
‘We are fully satisfied with the quality of the legal services provided, the approach to solving complex problems, the timeliness of services and their cost.’
‘Oksana Voynarovskaya’s speed of decision making is impressive. She is flexible and has an extremely professional approach to solving very special cases and sharing knowledge with the clients.’
‘Valeriya Savchuk has a thorough knowledge of labour law.’
‘Oleksandr Melnyk is an extremely positive person. He provided deep analysis which helped to resolve our employment issues.’
‘Their team has a good understanding of both the Ukrainian IT industry overall and the business of our company in particular. Their legal advice is very practical and effectively tailored to our business needs.’
‘Oksana Voynarovska is a quick and responsive person, available almost 24/7, even through the weekend if the matter is urgent. She has a good feeling of how her labour law advice may connect to other areas of law, for example tax law and contract law, which makes her advice very practical.’
‘Valeriya Savchuk is a very good professional who has both excellent knowledge of labour legislation and judicial practice and can foresee different potential scenarios, which enables us to better understand and assess all the pros and cons of the potential options.’
National Public Broadcasting Company, JSC
- Advising the National Broadcasting Company on employment issues in connection with a restructuring.
ADER HABER focuses primarily on employment litigation, though the team also advises on staff transfers and dismissals, international mobility matters, regulatory compliance, collective bargaining, strikes and trade union negotiations. Counsel Tetyana Ivanovych heads the practice and is 'an expert legal counsel with great experience in labour law issues'. Clients appreciate the 'scrupulousness and responsibility of the lawyers'.
‘The firm has shown a high level of professionalism, competence in all tasks addressed and proactivity in resolving all the issues that have arisen.’
‘Experts from the employment team of ADER HABER have a strong client focus and a solid reputation of being great professionals who constantly prove their competence and enhance the spheres of growth.’
‘Their key qualities are their comprehensive approach, 24/7 work in our best interests, flexibility in communication, meeting of set requirements, and advice of the highest standards.’
‘We definitely recommend ADER HABER as a trusted legal partner and professional team able to provide extra high-quality legal services.’
‘The efforts of Tetyana Ivanovych and her team brought us the necessary results.’
Local subsidiaries of INDITEX GROUP
A local subsidiary of NESTLE Company
Local subsidiaries of YANDEX N.V.
ALFA BANK, PJSC
- Acted for NBS Lviv in a labour dispute.
- Advising NBS Lviv on labour matters regarding working from home.
- Advising NBS Lviv on a number of complex legal issues related to the termination of a worker in connection with a systematic failure to fulfil his duties.
Ante Law Firm
At Ante Law Firm, practice head Andriy Guck and senior associate Roman Storonskiy provide both advisory and litigation services to an impressive list of multinational clients, among which are Sanofi-Aventis, Sandoz, Qatar Airways Group and Air France-KLM. The team is best known for its work in the aviation sector, but is increasingly active in the pharmaceuticals and healthcare industries.
‘Ante Law Firm has the best team and provides quality and professional services on time in the aviation sector.’
‘Partner Andriy Guck effectively and successfully represented us in a number of employment cases.’
Sanofi-Aventis Ukraine LLC
Perrigo Ukraine LLC
Sandoz Ukraine LLC
Servier Ukraine LLC
Qatar Airways Group
Air France – KLM
British Airways PLC
Council of Europe office in Ukraine
- Representing Sanofi-Aventis Ukraine LLC in an unfair dismissal claim filed by the former chief accountant.
- Representing the head of the National Public Broadcasting Company of Ukraine in a case regarding his unfair dismissal according to the decision of the company’s supervisory board.
- Advising Qatar Airways Group regarding all employment issues arising in connection with the employment of staff in Ukraine.
Deloitte (PJSC Deloitte & Touche USC)
Deloitte (PJSC Deloitte & Touche USC) is 'exceptionally organised and commercially aware'. Lead partner Dmytro Pavlenko advises on restructuring, retrenchments, mergers and employment transfers, secondments, employee incentives and compliance issues. The firm acts for large multinational companies in Ukraine, among which are global leaders in technology and pharmaceuticals.
‘The firm is known for its attention to detail and efficiency of service.’
‘My experience working with the team is that they are professional, courteous and highly knowledgeable in their field.’
‘The individuals I have worked with really go above and beyond for the client and truly care about the level of service they provide.’
Attorneys’ Association Gestors
Attorneys’ Association Gestors not only has vast experience in labour disputes, but also handles employment planning for start-up businesses, collective bargaining, reorganisations and redundancies, benefits schemes and matters arising from the employment of foreign citizens. Managing partner Andriy Tsvyetkov and associate Liudmyla Zviereva are the main contacts, and they count McDonald’s Ukraine Ltd among their clients.
Andriy Tsvyetkov; Liudmyla Zviereva
McDonald’s Ukraine Ltd
ACCA (the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) (The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland)
OSPRO MB (Czech Republic)
- Advised McDonald’s Ukraine Ltd on Ukrainian labour law and represented the client in contentious matters.
- Advised the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) on the dismissal of several employees of its representative office in Ukraine.
- Advised on the registration of Czech company Ospro MB’s representative office in Ukraine, and on issues including the drafting of labour agreements.
GOLAW has 'a true team - the work is cohesive, precise and really well organised'. Practice head Kateryna Manoylenko and key partners Valentyn Gvozdiy and Kateryna Tsvetkova 'have the courage and extremely high level of motivation needed to reach the best possible results'. It provides the full range of employment advice but particularly excels in labour disputes of all kinds.
‘This team managed to win court cases which most of the other firms would not even consider as successful or worth dealing with. I really appreciate their endurance during stressful situations and ability to come up with the right solutions for complicated issues in the shortest possible time.’
‘These lawyers know what it means to work in a way that is timely, effective and efficient.’
‘I can definitely say that the GOLAW employment practice is a team of true professionals who are really enthusiastic about what are they doing and genuinely creative in the development of defence strategies. Their personal approach is beyond comparison and the communication process with them has been always easy and effortless.’
‘Valentyn Gvozdiy and Kateryna Manoylenko have been working on my case from the very beginning and I can say that these lawyers have an exceptional combination of practical experience and the ability to develop non-standard strategies. They do not follow the already existing legal practice but set precedents.’
‘Kateryna Tsvetkova has been really helpful in time-sensitive issues and her extensive experience in resolving labour disputes is highly appreciated. She is really proactive in stressful situations and can easily manage any situation that seems to be out of control and find the right solution.’
‘This team deserves to be called one of the best in Ukraine.’
- Advised on the development of internal labour policies for Pfizer Export B.V.’s representative office in Ukraine.
- Represented the Bogomolets National Medical University rector in a dispute with the Ministry of Health.
- Represented the National Medical University rector in a dispute with the Ministry of Health.
Ilyashev & Partners 'provides the full scope of legal support, including procedures for foreigners and foreign legal entities'. Managing partner Mikhail Ilyashev leads the practice, which acts for the Ukrainian branches of several multinational corporates. It handles both advisory work and litigation. Counsel Leonid Gilevich provides 'outstanding client service and has the ability to solve problems and suggest practical solutions'.
‘Leonid Gilevich has strong expertise in employment issues and provided us with great employment agreements.’
‘The team has great English, a high level of availability and strong knowledge. It is extremely responsive and very practical.’
‘The individuals that work with us are very committed and professional. We get assistance 24/7 all year long if necessary.’
‘They know the local rules very well. They are good at what they are doing. They are unique experts in certain fields within the HR area.’
‘Their work deserves praise and the company has always defended our interests even in the most difficult situations.’
‘We recommend Roman Marchenko and Galyna Lefor as high-class lawyers capable of resolving a labour dispute of any complexity.’
‘Leonid Gilevich provides very good support, swift feedback and flexibility.’
Al Ghurair Investment
SE Antonov and various companies in the Antonov Group
COCA-COLA BEVERAGES UKRAINE
COFCO Agri Ukraine
- Acting for the ex-president of the Ukrainian Association for Transactional Analysis (UATA) in connection with the dissemination by the new management of UATA to the members of the association of inaccurate data discrediting its business reputation.
- Representing the chairman of the board of Kyivmiskbud, a major construction holding company of Ukraine and the biggest construction company in Kiev, in an illegal dismissal case.
- Preparing a report for the Ukrainian Network of Integrity and Compliance (UNIC) on improving legislation in terms of controlling official employment, paying legal wages and eliminating corruption risks, with the support of the United Nations Development Programme in Ukraine.
Integrites expanded its employment practice with the hire of Illya Tkachuk and his team from Jeantet in April 2019. Tkachuk, who co-leads the practice with Julian Ries, specialises in labour law and compliance matters. The firm handles share options and benefits programmes, redundancies, dismissals, employee transfers and trade union negotiations. Clients note that the firm is 'very efficient and always quick in providing clear answers'.
‘The team is happy to engage and assist us and of course all the work was in the hands of professionals. Our first impression was good and stayed that way throughout the project.’
‘We worked with counsels Vasyl Yurmanovych and Dmytro Nyshpal and they are professional, efficient and very clear, and they meet all deadlines.’
Turkish Airlines Inc.
MAI CEE Insurance Brokers
- Advised leading air carrier Turkish Airlines Inc. regarding the development of corporate labour policies for its Ukrainian branches in view of specific rules for transport companies.
- Assisting the Ukrainian subsidiary of European car rental service provider 6-Systems LLC on various employment issues.
- Assisted the Ukrainian subsidiary of leading global supplier of glass packaging Verallia with the preparation of internal policies relating to the subordination of employees.
KM Partners, which is part of WTS Consulting, has 20 years' experience in employment law. Alexander Shemiatkin's practice handles transactional, advisory and contentious matters, including collective bargaining, dispute resolution, dismissals and the employment of foreign workers. It acts for international companies and their subsidiaries in Ukraine, mid-sized businesses and Ukrainian firms.
'They respond promptly to communication and provide us with information that enables us to make proactive decisions', says a client of PwC Legal. Olga Melnychenko leads the market entry, employment and immigration practice, and she frequently acts for local and multinational clients in the FMCG, IT, legal services, aerospace, pharmaceutical, industrial manufacturing, real estate, banking and finance, construction and energy sectors.
Adobe Systems Incorporated (TubeMogul, Inc.)
Joy Global Inc. (Komatsu Mining Corp)
- Advised the Timken Company (an American manufacturer of bearings) on structuring its business in Ukraine.
- Advising Farmers Edge, which develops data-driven technologies for farms, on employment and immigration compliance matters.
- Advised global leader in digital media and digital marketing solutions Adobe Systems Inc. with regard to employment matters.
Antika Law Firm
Antika Law Firm 'has a strong expertise in employment law and is very results-oriented', remarks one client, while another notes that 'the advice is comprehensive and to the point'. The team is led by key partners Alexander Burtovoy and Sergii Korniienko, who have been handling a growing volume of employment work in relation to personnel strategy, vacation issues, terminations and contentious matters.
Alexey Kot; Alexander Burtovoy; Sergii Korniienko
‘Sergii Kornienko is client-oriented and gives his team the right guidance to reach the desired outcome. He has strong expertise in employment law.‘
Aliance Holding, LLC (Shell Retail Ukraine)
- Advised on NEK Ukrenergo’s project of staff reduction.
- Advised Alliance Holding, LLC (Shell Retail Ukraine) on different legal issues related to labour law.
Egorov Puginsky Afanasiev & Partners handles the full range of employment law matters, including labour relations, senior executive employment terminations and incentives programmes. Senior associate Aleksandra Yevstafyeva is head of the employment practice.
Eterna Law handles employment matters related to the top-level management and personnel of both domestic companies and the Ukrainian subsidiaries of international businesses, including advising on the employment of foreigners and Ukrainians abroad. Oksana Kneychuk's team deals with employment matters in relation to the firm's corporate, regulatory, finance and tax work for companies in the IT, telecoms, FMCG, pharmaceutical, NGO and other sectors.
Monarch Aircraft Engineering Ukraine LLC
Christian Dior Couture Ukraine
The team at EVERLEGAL is led by Yevheniy Deyneko, Andriy Olenyuk and Oleksandr Ruzhytskyi, whose work covers senior recruitment, remuneration packages, the engagement of expats, labour law compliance and dismissals, both amicable and contentious. The firm also handles as personnel transfers and mass reductions during corporate reorganisations.
Yevheniy Deyneko; Andriy Olenyuk; Oleksandr Ruzhytskyi
Main Group Ukraine
- Advising Blackbull Trading on employment agreements, independent contractor agreements, the employment of a foreign employee, a work permit receipt and the dismissal of a director.
- Advising 8allocate on employment agreements, independent contractor agreements, the employment of a foreign employee, obtaining a work permit and the dismissal of a director.
EY Law has a large roster of multinational clients. Its labour advisory service centres on the experience of Olga Gorbanovskaya and Halyna Khomenko, who are well versed in the full range of human capital matters.
KPD Consulting Law Firm
KPD Consulting Law Firm has 'in-depth and thorough knowledge of legislation' and one client remarks that practice head Kyrylo Kazak 'pays maximum attention and time to every client’s request'. The firm's work includes obtaining work permits for foreign citizens, the transfer of personnel, terminations, collective labour agreements, and advice on employee remuneration and benefit schemes.
‘KPD Consulting Law Firm and, in particular, the labour law practice has a broad and comprehensive approach while considering clients’ requests. When analysing and resolving clients’ situations, the company focuses on the minimisation of possible risks and negative consequences for the client, as well as achieving the most positive result.’
‘With the full range of services, the labour law practice provides comprehensive support for clients’ activities. There is no need to involve other specialists and counsels, which prevents complications in the communication process. Decisions are taken and implemented immediately, enabling the client to react to situations and market changes faster than competitors.’
‘All employees of KPD Consulting Law Firm who have communicated with us skilfully apply their knowledge in practice and create unique legal structures within the framework provided by the law.’
‘All clients’ requests are carefully considered by the labour law practice.’
‘Counsel Olena Domanchuk and senior associate Andriy Petryshak are experienced labour law specialists who perfectly apply their sound knowledge in practice. The legal positions developed by them fully satisfy the clients’ needs and ensure the achievement of the desired result in the absence of negative legal risks.’
Diebold Nixdorf LLC
Business Centre “Illinsky”
MOS International LLC
- Advising Diebold Nixdorf LLC on a wide range of labour law issues, including obtaining a work permit for foreigners and extending this permit for the top managers of the company.
- Assisting Illinsky Business Centre with a wide range of labour law issues, including hiring for and dismissal from work, and drafting and reviewing labour agreements.
- Assisted ZED-Ukraine LLC with obtaining a work permit for a foreigner for the position of the director of the company.
Legal Alliance Company
Legal Alliance Company acts for governmental and corporate clients in matters concerning employee relations, collective bargaining, litigation and internal investigations. Lead partner Illya Kostin 'works assiduously and we trust him to solve the most important cases', remarks a client. The firm frequently acts for pharmaceutical companies, including leading international companies Reckitt Benckiser, Takeda and Teva.
‘We have had the best experience with the team on a number of legal matters and see that compared to competing legal companies in the pharmaceutical industry, Legal Alliance offers an excellent relationship of price and quality.’
‘The timely and professional advice of partner Illya Kostin helps our company avoid material and reputational losses.’
‘We receive professional and prompt legal support. The firm provides appropriate and essential advice.’
‘Illya Kostin has outstanding negotiation skills, usually keeps us informed every step of the way and erases any doubts we have about the case. Illya always provides legal services of the highest level, taking into account the ethical side of the matters.’
Boris Medical Clinic
Contrad Swiss SA
Jadran Galenski laboratorij d.d.
- Assisted ARKA Audit Firm with obtaining work permits and temporary residence permits for foreigners in the implementation of a partnership between the Ukrainian and Japanese governments.
- Developed a brand new pay system for a regional hospital that could provide a proper level of wage.
Marchenko Partners is particularly skilled at advising on internal policies, employment contracts and termination strategies. Oleksandr Aleksyeyenko, who leads the employment, IP and antitrust practices, is experienced in labour due diligence and contentious matters. Among his impressive roster of multinational clients are British Airways and Ferring Pharmaceuticals.
- Advising on the appropriate procedure of staff reduction carried out in the British Airways representative offices and represented the client in negotiations.
- Advised Ferring Pharmaceuticals on a number of employment and labour managements issues in the client’s Ukrainian subsidiary.
- Advising Vilomix Holding on the labour aspects of replacing members of the supervisory board of its Ukrainian subsidiary.
Law Offices of OMP
Law Offices of OMP has been increasingly active in advising international clients, notably in the pharmaceuticals sector, on employment issues. Practice head Mykola Orlov and Igor Ogorodniychuk also act for clients in the investment fund, agriculture, construction, energy, IT, media and charity sectors. Their work includes advice on internal policies, labour agreements, the dismissal of top-level managers and mass redundancies.
Alpen Pharma AG
Bausch Health (Valeant)
PETERKA & PARTNERS LLC
PETERKA & PARTNERS LLC is 'incredibly responsive, knowledgeable and flexible, and it consistently provides first-class service'. Practice head Taras Utiralov's team advises on labour law and other HR matters across the CEE region. Its work covers employment contracts, terminations, internal policies, social security matters, collective bargaining and disputes.
‘I am based in the United States and they accommodate my needs despite the time difference, as well as interpreting and explaining local laws and procedures with ease and clarity for my understanding.’
‘Yuliia Sereda, Tatiana Bagmet and Taras Utiralov show consistent dedication, patience, availability and sound direction.’
- Advised Amet-Geo Export on employment issues regarding a change in management at its Ukrainian subsidiary.
- Advised ACO Industries on employment issues regarding the dismissal of the management of its Ukrainian subsidiary.
- Advised Mammoet on employment issues regarding obtaining work permits.
Redcliffe Partners has an impressive roster of multinational clients, including Saudi company SALIC, Belgian investment group Straco and Ukrnafta, Ukraine's largest oil company. Rob Shantz and Zoryana Sozanska-Matviychuk are the key contacts.
Rob Shantz; Zoryana Sozanska-Matviychuk
- Advised SALIC on the employment aspects of the acquisition of Mriya Agro Holding.
- Advised Straco on the employment aspects of the acquisition of the Ukrainian mycoculture division of Greenyard NV.
- Advised Ukrnafta on the employment aspects of the potential sale of its gas-producing assets to NAK Naftogaz of Ukraine.
SDM Partners LLC has recently increased its flow of work for international clients. Managing partner Dmytro Syrota and practice head Serhiy Dzis are the key partners in a team that provides 'reasoned, comprehensible responses and advice' on employment audits, the employment of foreign workers, internal policies, regulatory compliance, dismissals, mass terminations and contentious matters.
Dmytro Syrota; Serhiy Dzis
‘Serhiy Dzis provides reasoned and clear responses. The firm has high moral and intellectual qualities, and professionals we trust.’
‘The team of SDM Partners has extensive knowledge and very broad experience in employment law. Interaction with them is very productive. They also meet the deadlines and provide high-quality, practical advice.’
‘Dmytro Syrota is noted for his wisdom, patience and strategic guidance. He is substantially thorough, ethical and prompt. Dmytro is a dedicated and efficient attorney who has a very high level of expertise.’
Wolf Theiss frequently handles the employment law aspects of large-scale M&A transactions and restructuring projects, as well as advising on employment issues relating to its corporate, regulatory, finance and tax work. Associates Olga Ivlyeva and Olena Kravtsova are the key practitioners. They count international companies such as A1 Telekom Austria, Snap and China Electronics Technology Group Corporation among their clients.
Olga Ivlyeva; Olena Kravtsova
A1 Telekom Austria
China Electronics Technology Group Corporation
JOHNSON CONTROLS INTERNATIONAL
- Conducting employment due diligence of one of the largest telecoms operators in Ukraine for A1 Telekom Austria in connection with a contemplated acquisition.
- Advising the Ukrainian subsidiary of a large IT company, Snap, on employment issues with respect to the company’s employees and executives.
- Advising China Electronics Technology Group Corporation on the employment aspects related to setting up an R&D centre in Ukraine.