Cuatrecasas advises on employment issues for some of the largest companies in Spain, as well as high-profile international companies, particularly in the manufacturing, energy, technology and retail sectors. The team assists with labour litigation, international investigations and compliance reviews, and the employment aspects of M&A and corporate restructurings, in addition to compensation and benefits, cross-border HR issues, and health and safety. The sizeable team is based across the firm's 14 offices in Spain, offering nationwide coverage. Barcelona-based Rubén Agote and Madrid-based Juan Bonilla head the team. Jordi Puigbó and Salvador Del Rey are also names to note.
Employment in Spain
‘The firm listens to the needs of the client and translates that into their legal work.’
‘The firm exhibits technical mastery of employment law.’
‘The firm really gets to know its client’s culture, processes, and the issues they face, thanks to their extensive experience.’
Ferrocarril Metropolità de Barcelona
Huayi Compressor Barcelona
- Advising Ferrocarril Metropolità de Barcelona on negotiating collective bargaining agreements and preventing strikes and minimum metro services and on developing software based on the current regulations to set up an internal advisory system.
- Advising SuperSol on a collective dismissal affecting over 400 workers and a substantial collective change affecting over 3,000 workers.
- Advising Dimodes (Pimkie) on the collective dismissal of 18% of its workforce in Spain, due to the closure of 16 establishments.
Garrigues's client base is made up of national and international companies, including many listed on the Ibex 35. Key areas of expertise include restructuring and incentivised termination programmes, collective bargaining, the labour aspects of corporate transactions, and employment litigation, as well as advising companies on equality plans and diversity policies. The 'very knowledgeable' Rosa Zarza 'efficiently' leads the sizeable team, which is based across the firm's 18 offices in Spain. Other noted names are Rafael Ortiz, whose recent highlights include advising on Nissan's restructuring process, and counsel Eva Diez-Ordás, who has experience advising on changes of corporate ownership.
‘Garrigues stands out for its prestige in the area and the reliability of its advice. They are true experts in the field.’
‘Rosa Zarza is very knowledgeable and very practical in her approach to the matters. She also directs her team very efficiently and is also very approachable.’
‘Excellent knowledge and skill in litigation.’
‘The engagement of the team with the client is exceptional, they analyse client requests and implement practical solutions.‘
‘The team are responsive with clients and anticipate problems.’
Banco de Sabadell
Bolsas y Mercados Españoles
El Corte Inglés
- Advised Alcoa on the collective dismissal of 700 employees and the closure of two plants.
- Advised Carrefour on the design and negotiation of its second gender equality plan.
- Advised Vodafone on the reorganisation of the group, affecting over 1,200 employees.
Employment specialist Sagardoy Abogados, member of Ius Laboris handles the full gamut of matters from its six offices throughout Spain. The team has particular expertise in advising foreign companies with operations in Spain, as well as in handling employment litigation and restructuring and collective bargaining procedures. Iñigo Sagardoy, who focuses mainly on international matters, José Manuel Martín and Martín Godino, who is described as 'without a doubt one of the best labour lawyers in Spain', head the team. Román Gil and associate Ana Goerlich are also names to note, while David Isaac Tobia and Jorge Caballero joined from Deloitte Legal and J&A Garrigues SLP, respectively.
‘The firm stands out from its competitors for several reasons: geographical diversity, experience and knowledge of the banking sector and its team of specialised professionals with renowned prestige.’
‘Martin Godino is, without a doubt, one of the best labour lawyers in Spain.‘
‘Guillermo Puig has the capacity to associate labour law with real business, and is efficient and available.’
Mahou San Miguel
Kentucky Fried Chicken
- Advising H&M on a collective dismissal resulting from the closure of seven stores in Spain, affecting 150 employees.
- Advising on a complex collective bargaining process for Banco Santander to harmonise working conditions, in addition to a reduction in the workforce of more than 3,000 employees.
- Advised Distribuidora Internacional de Alimentación (Dia) on changes to the management team following a share restructuring.
Uría Menéndez's employment practice provides national coverage, with offices in Madrid, Barcelona, Bilbao and Valencia. The team focuses on high-level matters such as collective dismissals and collective bargaining procedures, and complex mass litigation. Mario Barros, who is noted for his 'resilience, empathy, work capacity and assertiveness', advises on employment contracts, remuneration systems and the employment aspects of M&A and corporate restructurings, while 'impeccable' associate Álvaro Navarro has experience in a range of matters, including redundancy procedures, employment disputes and immigration issues. Ignacio García Perrote left the firm.
‘The firm stand out in relation to their competitors regarding availability, result orientation, and search for practical solutions to complex problems.’
Agrupación de fabricantes de cementode España (Oficemen)
Asociación Nacional de Empresas Estibadoras y Consignatarias de Buques (ANESCO)
Asociación Nacional de Fabricantes de Automóviles y Caminiones (ANFAC)
Ávoris Travel (Barceló)
Beam Suntory Spain
Bureau Veritas Group
Canal de Isabel II
Coca-Cola Iberian Partners
Ence Energía y Celulosa SA
International Olympic Committee
Japan Airlines Co, Ltd.
Mars Multisales Spain
Moody’s Investors Service
Organización Interprofesional de Carne de Pollo (Propollo)
Procter & Gamble España, S.A.
Radici Plastics Ibérica S.L.
Travelclick Europe, S.L.
Wanner Technical Insulation
- Advising the Spain national association of stevedore companies, Asociación Nacional de Empresas Estibadoras (Anesco), on the negotiation of a collective bargaining agreement.
- Advising on a new transitory regulation on partial retirement and relief employment contracts for Anfac, the Spanish automotive manufacturing association.
- Advising WiZink Group on the collective dismissals carried out in its two main entities, WiZink Bank and WiZink Gestion.
Abdon Pedrajas | Littler
Boutique employment firm Abdón Pedrajas advises on complex restructuring plans, outsourcing projects, high-profile disputes and collective redundancy litigation, and transactional matters. The firm also provides advice on employment-related tax issues and workplace corporate support. Managing partner Antonio Pedrajas has particular strength in restructuring plans, spin-offs and transfers of employees, as well as contentious matters such as boardroom and senior management disputes. Ivan López García de la Riva is noted for his expertise in complex litigation, particularly collective disputes. Alfonso Pedrajas heads the practice in the firm's Barcelona office, and Sonia Cortés leads the international practice and focuses on collective restructuring projects.
‘Diverse team with competent skills in different areas of law, especially in labour law.‘
‘Ines Molero has a well-prepared and solid team. We are confident in the work done by the team, who are always perfectly up to date and co-ordinated. Our concerns are always resolved on time and efficiently.’
‘Sara Bermejo’s advice is technically good and clear.‘
‘We fundamentally value their great experience and expert work in labour matters. We love the proximity, speed and flexibility of their professional team. We get personal treatment at a high professional level. They don’t just explain the law, but offer many alternatives and practical solutions, no doubt because they care about knowing the real needs of their customers.‘
‘Accessible and close to the client, they are involved in cases to get the best possible solution.‘
‘Ines Molero has a deep knowledge of her practice and is solid and confident in court. She treats our problems as her own and has a proactive attitude to finding solutions.‘
‘Alfonso Pedrajas is not only a fantastic professional but an exceptional human being.’
‘Ivan López García de la Riva proposed solutions that other firms had not. In addition, he is always acting with a very fast working rhythm.’
‘Sonia Cortes has given us very good results in international matters, especially helping us in labour advice with companies from other countries.’
‘The entire professional team is defined in one word: talent. They have the best human and professional talent in labour matters in Spain.’
‘The recent incorporation of Javier Thibault as a consultant has helped to discover innovative solutions that nobody had ever offered us before.‘
Procura Management Services
British Telecommunications plc
The Royal Bank of Scotland, Plc
John Deere Iberica, S.A
AC Hotels by Marriott
Robert Bosch España, S.A.
Vistaprint / Cimpress
EDP Renewables Group
- Advised Invacare on the closure of its work centre in Spain, which involved the termination of around 25 employees.
- Advised on a collective redundancy affecting over 450 employees at Telecyl (Madison Group).
- Advising Bankinter on the constitution of a European Works Council.
Baker McKenzie's employment team handles multi-jurisdictional HR projects, including restructurings, the employment aspects of M&A transactions, and compliance investigations, as well as policy and contract reviews. In the contentious arena, the practice acts on complex labour disputes and negotiations. The team also assists Spanish multinationals in their efforts to expand into other jurisdictions. Madrid-based David Diaz, who has a particular focus on union-related negotiations, and Barcelona-based Mireia Sabaté lead the practice. Fermín Guardiola has extensive expertise in collective bargaining agreements, equality plans and executive terminations.
‘They provide a very personal service, trying to understand from the very beginning the business issue and go beyond the legal perspective. The follow-up of the case is very good and you feel very safe about everything being under control.‘
‘Mireia Sabaté, Anais Cobos and Carlota Lopez-Canosa have knowledge and experience in labour issues, engagement with the customer, and full availability. The team provides customised advice, and can analyse all the issues and cases in order to take the best decision.‘
AstraZeneca Farmacéutica Spain S.A.
CCC Barcelona Digital Services, S.L.U.
King Shared Services, S.L.
Toys ‘R’ Us
Valeo Climatización, S.A.U.
- Advised Cosentino on the drafting of the technical evaluation required to start the negotiation of an equality plan.
- Advised on the drafting and negotiation of the collective bargaining agreement for the Amex group of companies in Spain.
- Advised Baxter on the termination of employment of a plant manager and plant controller in Sabiñánigo and the related court proceedings.
Noted for its 'great insights into the Spanish market' and 'very good knowledge of Spanish employment law', DLA Piper's team is frequently instructed by clients from the hospitality sector, as well as technology, financial services, life sciences, retail, energy and real estate companies. The team specialises in collective dismissals, restructurings and litigation, often with a cross-border element, and advises multinationals on expanding their operations. Practice head Pilar Menor has considerable experience in negotiating collective bargaining agreements and senior management employment contracts and their termination.
‘They have very good knowledge of Spanish employment law.‘
‘Professional, rigorous, agile and always up to date.‘
‘The team has great insights into the Spanish market. Nice and kind people.‘
‘You can always be sure that the work will be resolved in a timely manner. They provide confidence and security and very personal treatment.‘
Domestic & General
- Advised ABM Rexel on the implementation of a collective dismissal process initially affecting more than 200 employees carried out as the result of a restructuring process.
- Assisted Verizon (Group Oath) with restructuring its workforce, among other issues.
- Advised Ornua Ingredientes España on the suspension of the contracts of approximately 120 employees during the rebuilding of its premises.
The hire of new practice head Silvia Bauzá from Hogan Lovells International LLP in September 2018, along with two other lawyers, significantly strengthened Allen & Overy's employment offering. The fast-growing team specialises in advising multinationals and handling employment litigation, collective dismissals and negotiations, as well as significant cross-border work for international companies such as Volvo. Senior associate Javier Alonso de Armiño moved to Sagardoy Abogados, member of Ius Laboris in September 2019.
‘Silvia Bauzá and Ana Hernández have reached a deep knowledge of our business as well as of our own labour structure and principles, which is helpful when it comes down to the assessment of our different labour-related issues. It is important to mention their ability to explain the situation in “easy” language, identifying all the potential risks we might be facing and advising us on the best solution for us. They have also created a strong and trustful relationship with us that makes us feel more like partners than customers.‘
‘All the members of the team have a high level of technical ability and we can get expert advice from anyone.‘
‘Silvia Bauzá and Ana Hernández are outstanding because of their technical knowledge, their broad practical experience, their ability to understand their customer’s idiosyncrasies and specific needs, and their focus on customer needs and obtaining the most beneficial outcome, as well as their ability to foresee the future implications of current decisions.‘
Bank of New York Mellon
Volvo & Renault Trucks
- Advised Campofrío Food Group on complex and sensitive employment issues including various disciplinary dismissals and litigation procedures.
- Advised CEOE on different labour matters, including the drafting of top executive employment contracts and disciplinary dismissals at a management level.
- Advising Capgemini on employment -related matters, both collective and individual, including litigation and collective agreements with different unions in relation to the establishment of Capgemini in Spain.
Ceca Magán Abogados
Ceca Magán Abogados' employment practice advises clients across a variety of sectors, including banking, transportation, energy and insurance. Enrique Ceca Gómez-Arevalillo, who leads the practice, is particularly adept at handling dismissals, collective agreements and disputes, including senior executive disputes. In September 2018, Luis Pérez Juste, who has experience in restructurings, transfer of undertakings and occupational pension schemes, joined from BROSETA Abogados and Manuel Fernández-Fontecha arrived from EY Abogados.
- Advised a client on the integration of two groups and the restructuring of the management team.
- Advised a client on due diligence for a tender to acquire several of another company’s assets and activities.
- Advised Axon Partners on employment issues connected to the acquisition of “Le Pain Quotidien” cafes.
Praised as the 'place to go for specific labour issues', the employment team at Clifford Chance benefits from the firm's international reach and reputation. The team acts on a range of matters, including collective negotiations and renumeration schemes, as well as employment disputes. It also assists the firm's other departments with employment issues, for instance in mergers and restructurings. Practice head and counsel Juan Calvente 'has an impressive knowledge of the market'.
‘Very quick to respond and great English capability for global clients.‘
‘Small team with a great and very expert leader, very focused on added value work. The place to go for specific labour issues.‘
‘Juan Calvente has impressive knowledge of the market, and is extremely proactive and always willing to go the extra mile in client service.’
WiZink Bank (Värde)
Mcgraw-Hill Education Spain
Cubico Sustainable Investment
Partners Group (UK) Limited
- Advised Carrefour on procedures relating to benefits packages.
- Advised WiZink Bank on reorganisation measures, various litigation procedures and trade union elections.
- Advised Nomura on contractual terminations, negotiation of settlement agreements and litigation, as well as general labour issues and labour regulations.
The employment team at Deloitte Legal handles a wide range of matters, including collective bargaining processes, senior management hiring and dismissals, labour audits and due diligence projects, pensions matters and employment litigation, as well as providing acquisition and restructuring-related advice. Fernando Bazán, who has expertise in restructuring and collective bargaining, leads the team, which acts for leading domestic and multinational clients from the banking, pharmaceutical, tourism and hospitality sectors.
Ayuda En Acción
Ferrer International, S.A.
Grupo Geriátrico Wsenior, Sl
Honda Motor Europe
Plastienvase Sl (SP Group)
- Advising the international mobility programme at BBVA on labour, social security and immigration matters and managing the international assignment of all its employees.
- Assisted pharma company Ferrer with a global restructuring process and the splitting up of one of its businesses.
- Advising Emera Group Spain on the employment aspects of the acquisition of several retirement residences.
Gómez-Acebo & Pombo's employment team is recommended for its 'high level of technical knowledge, expertise, approachability and professionalism'. In addition to advising on both individual and collective employment matters, the team has regulatory expertise and is known for its due diligence work in relation to M&A transactions, as well as for assisting with hiring procedures and employment contract issues. Collective negotiation specialist Ignacio Campos leads the practice.
‘High level of technical knowledge, expertise, approachability and professionalism.‘
‘Good analytical skills; put their clients first; seize the opportunity to be more valuable to their clients.’
Bugaboo Spain, S.L.
Coca-Cola European Partners
- Advised King Street Capital Management on the acquisition of companies holding private-hire driver (VTC) licences for car rentals and also providing advice on different employment matters.
- Advising Coca-Cola Iberia on different employment matters.
- Advising Expedia on different employment matters.
Pérez-Llorca has notable expertise in remuneration plans and collective agreements. Under the leadership of Luis Enrique Fernández Pallarés, the team also advises on employment issues relating to the gig economy and on the removal of senior executives and board members of blue-chip companies. The practice also supports the firm's M&A and capital markets teams in transactions. Laura Pérez, who has experience in labour litigation, was promoted to partner in July 2019.
- Advising Endesa on the negotiation of its new collective bargaining agreement.
- Advised the Avis Budget Group on the shutdown of its subsidiary Zipcar in Spain.
- Advised on the strategy, implementation and co-ordination of three collective dismissals for three clients that directly compete in the transportation sector with Uber.
The employment team at Andersen is described as 'highly skilled' and 'super focused on the customer'. Advising Spanish and multinational companies in cross-border scenarios, the team handles employment litigation and advises on restrictive covenants, executive appointments and terminations, and collective matters relating trade unions and works councils. Alfredo Aspra leads the practice. Pablo Santos joined the firm as a partner in November 2018 from Deloitte Legal.
‘The team show a good understanding of our company, industry and legal reality. They have a good team spirit.‘
‘The team is proactive. After only 30 seconds of my time, they know what I need and I do not have to worry because the results are always efficient and effective.‘
‘Super focused on the customer, wonderful availability and very quick in providing solutions.‘
‘Highly skilled and always very focused on the issues.‘
Grupo Parques Reunidos
Grupo Ricoh España
Aleatica (IFM Investors)
DHL Global Forwarding Iberia
Grupo Redexis Gas
OHL Servicios Ingesan
Nueva Isolux Corsán
Anida Operaciones Singulares
OHL (Grupo OHL)
- Advising Grupo Parques Reunidos on various employment matters, including collective negotiations and judicial proceedings.
- Advising Aleatica on various employment issues, such as dismissal matters, collective bargaining agreements, recruitment and regularisation of various profiles.
- Advising Japanese company Ricoh on various matters, including dismissals.
The employment practice at Araoz & Rueda covers a wide range of work, including the hiring and dismissal of workers, the implementation of workforce restructuring plans, negotiating collective bargaining agreements and strikes, and contentious labour matters. The team has experience advising on the employment aspects of corporate transactions; recent highlights include advising Avanza on the acquisition of Basque coach company Transportes Pesa. The 'highly experienced' Alfonso Suárez leads the practice.
‘The team has an excellent ability to adapt Spanish labour legislation for use in other jurisdictions.’
‘The team has a highly experienced partner in Alfonso Suarez. We work with Araoz & Rueda only on complex cases or labour matters related to M&A. The analysis is always very complete and detailed and the focus is always very intelligent.’
US Department of Justice
Total Specific Solutions
Pelican Rouge Coffee (now AB Servicios Selecta España SL)
- Advised Avanza on the employment aspects of the acquisition of Transportes Pesa.
- Advised Consolis on the employment aspects of the acquisition of several Spanish companies.
- Acted for Orpea in judicial and administrative proceedings before the Spanish labour courts and administrative authorities.
The employment team at CMS Albiñana y Suárez de Lezo is made up of 'practical' professionals with multi-jurisdictional expertise across a range of areas, including litigation, collective bargaining and M&A. The practice is jointly led by the 'outstanding' César Navarro and the 'reliable' Elena Esparza. Work highlights include advising on claims filed by a group of employees against two different Iberdrola subsidiaries as a result of a share deal.
‘The team is very responsive and always available when needed. Their approach and advice is very practical and gets to the point’
‘César Navarro provides outstanding support to the client. The team provides detailed understanding of the subject matter, and huge energy, drive and focus. I really trust their advice’
‘Eva Ceca and César Navarro are reliable and trustworthy. I strongly recommend them’
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
- Advising Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy on several employment matters, including the preparation of a working time registration policy for the whole group, to comply with the new applicable regulations in Spain on working time.
- Advising NPSG on ongoing employment matters following the establishment of the company in Spain, mainly employment contracts and the international posting of employees.
- Assisted Sinochem on the employment aspects of the purchase of Elix Polymers in Spain.
The employment team at DA Lawyers is described as 'standing out from its competitors'. Led by the 'invaluable' Victoria Caldevilla, the practice has an extensive client base drawn from the industrial, leisure, mining, financial, media and fashion sectors. Particular strengths include litigation, complex restructurings, collective bargaining agreements and M&A-related matters. Recent work highlights include acting for Navantia in the negotiation of a single collective agreement and subsequent collective dismissal.
‘The employment team is specialised in labour practices and its structure is well formed. In addition, it stands out from its competitors for its availability, work capacity, results orientation, and knowledge of the banking sector as well as our regulations and internal practices.’
‘Accessible staff with fluid and close communication and the ability to understand the different possible scenarios’
‘Practical advice and advocacy at its very best! The whole employment practice has constantly provided us with invaluable advice and the most optimal suggestions as to how to proceed next’
‘Victoria Caldevilla stands out for her ability to communicate, her leadership and her search for excellence in the provision of services’
Paradores de Turismo
Havas Media Group Spain
Airbus Defence & Space
Bodegas Emilio Moro
Instalaciones Especiales de Publicidad Exterior
Compañía Española de Sistemas Aeronáuticos (Cesa)
Tiger Stores Spain
Yves Rocher España
Kuruma Sport (Toyota)
- Advising Banco Santander on employment matters.
- Acting for Navantia in the negotiation of a single collective agreement and subsequent collective dismissal.
- Acting for Airbus Group in employment matters.
The team at Eversheds Sutherland Nicea is led by Jacobo Martínez Pérez de Espinosa, who is described as having a 'deep knowledge of labour law', with expertise in complex remuneration schemes, the employment aspects of corporate transactions, restructurings, collective negotiations and employment litigation. Recent highlights include advising on the implementation of a working time registry among the different firms and corporations of Johnson Controls.
‘For me, the strong point of Eversheds Sutherland is the accessibility of the lawyers. They offer solutions and give their opinion on the most advisable actions to take’
‘It is a team with deep knowledge of labour law. The strategy it proposes is always aligned with that of the company’
‘Jacobo Martinez and Alberto García are excellent professionals’
‘Jacobo Martínez has been able to advise on a brilliant framework for managing work time control’
‘Jacobo Martínez is a lawyer with deep knowledge of labour law and quickly understands what the client’s needs are’
General Electric Group
Orange Business Services
Room Mate / Be Mate
- Advising on the implementation of a working time registry among the different firms and corporations of Johnson Controls.
- Advising the former CEO of La Palette Rouge on his termination from the company.
- Advising the former general manager of Prosegur on his termination from the company.
The employment team at EY Abogados has expertise in international social security and labour law, with a client base that includes a number of multinationals. The practice, which is 'technically very good' and 'always up to date with the latest knowledge possible', also has strength in advising on restructurings, and draws on the firm's experience in tax and M&A matters. Practice head Raúl García has experience in employment litigation and collective negotiations.
‘Technically very good, really client oriented. Always up to date with the latest knowledge possible’.
Niro Ceramica Ceramic Industry
- Advising on the outsourcing of the administration and financial services business from Hotelbeds to WNS, affecting around 150 employees.
- Advising the Henry Schein Group on its international reorganisation, including the carveout of the animal health business and its merger with Vets First Choice.
- Assisting a client with different labour law issues, particularly related to working hours.
Hogan Lovells International LLP
The practice at Hogan Lovells International LLP is led by the 'excellent' Luis Enrique de la Villa. The team has a particularly international focus, regularly advising multinational clients. It also assists the firm's M&A department with the employment aspects of corporate transactions. Recent highlights include advising Transcom WorldWide on a collective restructuring affecting 200 employees. Senior associate Jesús García, who joined from Uría Menéndez in 2019, has 'great knowledge of employment law'.
‘The team has great strengths. The lawyers are well prepared, with great knowledge of the subject’
‘Strategic team that also think about the specific details of the case’
‘Luis Enrique de la Villa is an excellent professional who leaves his mark on each of his cases’
‘Jesus Garcia has a great knowledge of employment law’
- Advising Transcom WorldWide on a collective restructuring affecting 200 employees.
- Advising Syncreon on various matters, including the closure of its Barcelona work centre.
- Advising Dräger Group on the modification of working conditions of employees affected by the restructuring process of the company.
King & Wood Mallesons
King & Wood Mallesons is principally known for advising executives from the finance and private equity sectors on employment contracts, employment conditions and dismissals, as well as assisting with the employment aspects of corporate transactions. Practice head Carlos Gil has expertise in contentious and non-contentious employment matters. Recent highlights include advising the executives and directors of MCH during the sale of a 25% stake in MCH Private Equity Investments.
Colegio Oficial de Arquitectos (COAG)
EDP Energías de Portugal
Inapa Distribución de Papel
Brüel & Kjaer España
Indigo (formerly Vinci Group)
Inmobiopres Holding S.A.
Miura Private Equity
Valencia Club de Fútbol
Worldwide Flight Services
- Advising recruitment group PageGroup (formerly Michael Page International Recruitment) on employment matters.
- Advising on the novation of the terms and conditions of the general manager of Solidus Solutions (part of Aurelius’ portfolio) and the preparation of the contractual documentation.
- Advising Valencia Football Club on employment matters.
KPMG Abogados' practice is jointly led by Francisco Javier Hervas Martinez, Francisco Fernández Díez and Miguel Cuenca Valdivia. The team specialises in collective negotiation agreements, particularly between employers and unions. The practice acts for clients from a wide range of sectors, including energy, manufacturing, hospitality, technology, advertising, food and drink, and automotive. Recent highlights include advising Coca-Cola European Partners Iberia on several collective negotiation proceedings with unions.
Guardian Industries Europe
Grupo Lo Monaco
Initec Plantas Industriales
Dynamic Business Solutions
- Advised Coca-Cola European Partners Iberia on several collective negotiation proceedings with unions.
- Advised Ferrovial Corporacion on the sale of Ferrovial Servicios’ business division, affecting several companies in the group in several countries.
- Advising Indra on the employment aspects of M&A transactions, including its acquisition of the Tecnocom group and the attempted acquisition of ITP (Rolls Royce group).
Barcelona-based Àlex Santacana Folgueroles leads the employment team at Roca Junyent, which is known for advising on collective bargaining agreements, the employment aspects of M&A transactions, labour inspections, industrial action mediations and litigation. 'Top practitioner' Rosa Rodríguez, who leads the Madrid practice, was promoted to partner. Highlights included advising Maxion Wheels on negotiating a collective bargaining agreement. Luis Enrique de la Villa retired from the firm.
‘Roca Junyent’s employment department stands out for its excellent capacity for management, guidance and advice to clients in all areas of employment law’
‘Albert Rodriguez has a great work ethic’
‘Albert Toledo maintains a great technical capacity’
‘Rosa Rodriguez’s ability to manage any of the proceedings handled by the firm has turned her into a top practitioner in the legal sector’
Cambra de Comerç de Barcelona
Miquel y Costas & Miquel
Agrupació Catalana de Centres
Mutua General de Catalunya
Ferrocarrils de la Generalitat de Catalunya
- Advised CaixaBank on trade union elections.
- Advised Cambra de Comerç de Barcelona on the negotiation of collective bargaining agreements.
- Advised Maxion Wheels on a collective bargaining agreement.
Simmons & Simmons
The employment practice at Simmons & Simmons has 'good practical experience in addition to profound legal knowledge' and has a strong international focus, with a multinational client base. The team is led by Eduardo Peñacoba, who has particular experience in advising companies in the healthcare and life sciences sector. Recent work highlights include advising on the employment aspects of the merger between Axa and XL Catlin in Spain.
‘We have been working with Simmons & Simmons for many years now and I certainly consider it the most competent office with which I have had the opportunity to work’
‘Simmons & Simmons are very pragmatic and they understand the needs of any company. They are proactive and provide speedy advice and imaginative solutions’
‘Very good practical experience in addition to profound legal knowledge’
Novartis Group of companies (Sandoz Farmaceutica, Alcon, Abadia Retuertaand Sandoz Industrial Products)
Archroma Ibérica, S.L.
Walgreens Boots Alliance / Alliance Healthcare
WL Gore & Asociados
GlaxoSmithKline Group of companies (ViiB, GSK Consumer Healthcare)
IQVIA Group (previously IMS Group: MASA, IMS Health, S.A., IMS Solutions
Stage & Entertainment
Fresenius Medical Care España, S.A.
Recipharm Leganés, S.L.
- Advising on a collective layoff affecting more than 90 employees of Fresenius Medical Care Services Levante, a subsidiary of Fresenius Medical Care.
- Advised on the employment aspects of the merger between Axa and XL Catlin in Spain.
- Represented Brandes Investment Partners in a claim for wrongful termination filed against it by a former agent.