Led by Marek Rosinski and Marcin Fijałkowski, the TMT practice at Baker & McKenzie Krzyżowski i Wspólnicy Spółka Komandytowa covers a broad spectrum of issues. Specifically, it handles matters impacting the digital media space and has recently increased its focus on digitalisation (blockchain, machine-learning, AI), innovation in gaming, cybersecurity (including data monetisation) and video-on-demand. In addition to TMT-sector clients, the group also acts for companies from the financial services, healthcare and automotive industries.
TMT in Poland
Baker McKenzie Krzyżowski i Wspólnicy Sp.k.
Marek Rosiński; Marcin Fijałkowski
‘The team is very dynamic and well-organized. They know how to manage the legal matters so that the client feels well informed about the case and knows what are the next steps. They are open-minded and friendly. ’
‘Marcin Fijalkowski is a leader of the practice and he has a rare combination of a good understanding of what the client needs, professional approach when working and a friendly, relaxed vibe when communicating.’
- Advised ElectroMobility Poland on a ground-breaking project aiming at designing, building and starting the mass production of a new brand of electric cars in Poland.
- Advising MasterCard on its new fintech solution rolled out in a number of European jurisdictions, covering various trans-border transactions.
- Acted for Hans Zimmer in a media-related dispute concerning the unauthorised use of the Hans Zimmer protected rights to concerts of film music.
At Bird & Bird Szepietowski i wspólnicy sp. k., Piotr Dynowski, Tomasz Zalewski, Paweł Lipski and Izabela Kowalczuk-Pakuła lead the team. The practice assists with regulatory work related to data protection and acts for clients in the gambling, gaming and fintech areas. In addition, it also assists with new tech issues, with cloud computing, cybersecurity and blockchain matters constituting key elements of its focus. The group also advises on delivery models, fee schemes, business continuity and digital transformation projects.
Piotr Dynowski; Tomasz Zalewski; Paweł Lipski; Izabela Kowalczuk-Pakuła
‘Piotr Dynowski the partner of the law firm stands out with his in-depth knowledge of the industry. Impressive prompt engagement whenever a request is made.’
‘I’d like to highlight the outstanding performance of Mr. Piotr Dynowski, who shared his expertise in the telecommunications and fintech sector, in the form of legal opinions and agreements to many companies I worked with. The form and content of his works was of the highest quality, proving that it was based on his extensive industry knowledge and up-to-date legal research.’
‘Piotr Dynowski provides what feels like a personalised service, making you feel that nothing is too much to do to provide a solution to your issue. He is approachable, effective at distilling the issues and helping you to reach pragmatic solutions.’
‘We worked with Tomasz Zalewski before and as always it was extremely professional experience. Tomasz is very intelligent, educated, being able to explain the difficult legal predicaments in the simple way. He is always trying to find a solution that would be beneficial for his client but at the same time it would also satisfy the other side ’
‘They are able to advise on any area of law (however obscure) very quickly, with great detail and knowledge and always with sound commercial advice. I have never seen this anywhere in a European law firm (even in much bigger firms) and I have worked with many. These guys really stand out and you can always rely on them and count on their advice at any time.’
‘Piotr Dynowski (Partner) is a great lawyer and understands our needs. He is spot on when it comes to delivering the requested service. Responses are always delivered within the agreed deadlines and without any unnecessary overhead.’
‘I have worked with the B&B team for almost two years and I have been very impressed with their representation. Not only are they extremely responsive, but they have consistently delivered excellent counsel and word product, often under demanding timelines. They have also proven to be a willing business partner who endeavours to understand our business, and to bring a perspective to our transactions in order to move it forward. ’
‘The characteristic that most stands out to me is that the B&B team makes me feel reassured that my matters are a priority. Again, they are extremely responsive and they have acted as my partners to consistently meet all of my deadlines and business goals.’
Fortum Power and Heat Polska / Fortum Silesia
Digital Gateways Sp. z o.o.
LOT Polish Airlines
Generali Towarzystwo Ubezpieczeń
- Advised the Polish subsidiaries of the Finnish energy group Fortum on their obligations as companies designated Operators of Essential Services under Polish NIS regulations and assisted them with implementing all required organisational and technical measures related to cybersecurity.
- Advising the consortium of technological companies introducing the new “Digital Gateways” solution to the Polish market.
The 'highly motivated' team at CMS Cameron McKenna Nabarro Olswang Pośniak i Bejm sp.k. is led by Tomasz Koryzma. With an outstanding reputation for handling IT implementation projects (including disputes arising from agreements), it is particularly known for advising digital business and TMT clients. Notably, it counts major players such as eBay within a portfolio that also includes travel, healthcare, pharmaceuticals, digital business and insurance clients. In one highlight, it advised Airbnb on the addition of new services within the Polish market, which included an assessment of the legal and regulatory aspects of providing customer experiences via online platforms.
‘Highly motivated team with unique experiences related to IP cases.’
‘Direct open, efficient communication and high quality of outputs.’
- Assisting Airbnb with a comprehensive assessment of the legal framework applicable to the client’s business in Poland.
- Advising Apo Discounter / Apologistics, an online distributor of pharmaceutical and related products on e-commerce, marketing (including electronic marketing), consumer law, IP issues, as well as regulatory issues (including pharmaceutical law and food law).
- Advising Aleo, ING’s e-commerce arm, on maintaining its online B2B auction platform operating in Poland as well as on upgrading its functionality.
Directed by 'standout partner and excellent attorney' Karol Laskowski, Dentons' TMT offering is said to handle 'complex telecom regulatory matters across multiple jurisdictions'. Specialising in media, technology and data privacy, it is particularly known for handling cases on behalf of fintech interests and digital banks. Litigation forms a significant portion of the firm's work alongside its recurrent advice on regulatory and IP concerns. Notable clients include BBC Studios, Huawei and Facebook, key players in a portfolio that recently added Bookbit and SITA to its roster. Senior associate Małgorzata Domalewska is recommended for issues that include aspects of intellectual property and media law.
Other key lawyers:
‘The team’s strength lies in exceptional professionalism and staying closely in touch with the client, paving his way to expected result. Key capabilities include engaging with authorities and supporting in all necessary scope of challenges.’
‘Karol Laskowski deserves highest notes for his excellent cooperation and professionalism, at the same time always on time and there to support us in several issues.’
‘Being locally present, but capable of international outreach, makes Dentons – TMT – Poland a preferred partner for entities operating on a cross-border basis. Material knowledge is relevant. Ability to provide advice and to solve local matters is highly appreciated. ’
‘In general, individuals tend to be very responsive – both quick and knowledgeable in their feedback. Mr. Karol Laskowski showed great material knowledge and excellent readiness to provide quality assistance. Being able to provide advice on both material and strategic questions is a key advantage. ’
‘Dentons is able to handle complex telecom regulatory matters across multiple jurisdictions globally. ’
‘Karol Laskowski is a standout partner and excellent attorney who knows telecom regulatory matters well. He has also served in a coordinating counsel capacity for more than 30 other countries. ’
‘We highly appreciate that Dentons is a comprehensive advisor that offers us various services, which makes it easy to meet our exceptions. In addition to understanding our needs, they can also provide a team of specialized advisors. Since they support us in intellectual property areas, we believe that Dentons is capable of taking care of our needs in the industry in which we operate.’
‘Karol Laskowski and Aleksandra Zebrowska are versatile lawyers who provide us with support in every scope we need. Karol is a great leader with a range of ideas to support us in projects as well as in finding modern solutions. Aleksandra is a professional with a fresh look at our industry, responsive and brave enough to face any challenges on our way.’
SPI International / Kino Polska
Viacom International Media Networks
- Advising global provider of wholesale and enterprise telecom solutions, on all telecom regulatory and compliance matters. Dentons Warsaw IPT team has advised the client for over 9 years and coordinates regulatory matters for Tata Communications in Europe, including Romania, the Czech Republic, Luxembourg and Germany. We advise the client in particular on corporate governance issues, implementation of innovative products and communication solutions as well as contacts with regulatory telecom authorities.
- Dentons Warsaw IPT team continues to provide day-to-day legal support for the Polish BBC Worldwide subsidiary regarding BBC programs available in Poland, as well as on regulatory, corporate, tax and procedural issues. This relationship was successfully extended to other CEE countries where BBC has its operations.
Maruta Wachta sp. j.
TTM-focused firm Maruta Wachta sp. j. is led by Marcin Maruta and Maciej Zackiewicz. Handling work for key players such as T-Mobile, Orange Group and Toyota, it has particular expertise in matters relating to artificial intelligence, blockchain, big data and cloud computing. Notably, the team handles dispute resolution, public procurement and data protection, where it is also a popular choice for non-TMT sector clients.
Marcin Maruta; Maciej Zackiewicz
Other key lawyers:
‘Maciej Zackiewicz: very good negotiator, practice-oriented solutions, client focused, very good conversational partner and advisor, excellent know-how and delivery.’
‘All the people from Maruta Wachta are high-class law professionals, well-motivated, focused on customer success‘.
‘The team puts a lot of effort in understanding customer business case and needs but also principles and values. There is always a team member with corresponding experience on hand. Preparing a contract the team takes into consideration not only legal aspects but future negotiation process as well.’
‘By far the best IT law firm in Poland. ’
‘The law firm combines legal advice based on clients’ specific requirements with an unparalleled understanding of technologies and legal ramifications of technologies in financial institutions. What also makes it genuinely special and valuable is its capacity to deal with difficult business situations which require unprecedented solutions and taking into account the regulations and simultaneously matching with the business interests.’
‘Maruta Wachta’s team has deep knowledge about the specifics of the technology, media, and telecommunication sectors. My company delivers IT services and applications, so for us its crucial to have legal support (e.g. during formal contract negotiations) from a partner who understands what IT project methodology is, what are the key risks during system development, deployment, and maintenance. And on the other hand, a law firm has to understand sometimes very specific contracting rules that apply to the institutions of TMT sectors. We had a chance to cooperate with several law firms and the quality of services by Maruta Wachta was absolutely above the average.’
Operator Chmury Krajowej Sp. z o.o. (National Cloud Operator)
Euro-Net / RTV EURO AGD
Polska Wytwórnia Papierów Wartościowych
Polska Izba Informatyki i Telekomunikacji PIIT
Office of Electronic Communications
Zakład Ubezpieczeń Społecznych
- Advised the National Cloud Operator on agreements with Google and Microsoft to create the Google Cloud and Microsoft Cloud regions in Poland, which is believed to reinforce Poland’s position as a regional centre for technology.
- Advised Totalizator Sportowy, the national lottery operator, on an exhaustive change of IT vendor for its slot machine chain (including changing the main IT system, supplying an interactive system, exchanging all gaming equipment).
- Advising T-Mobile Group on one of the biggest and most complex IT outsourcing projects in Central and Eastern Europe of recent years, involving takeover of the outsourcing of maintenance and development for more than 130 of the company’s applications.
Closely associated with the new technology sector, the TMT practice at Soltysinski Kawecki & Szlezak is particularly well known for its work in IT matters. Specific areas covered include: cloud computing, licenses, copyright transfers, litigation, blockchain and software audits. Notably, it has a strong reputation for successfully enforcing the rights of developers, performing due diligence (regarding rights to new tech), handling cybersecurity matters and analysing open source software. The team is led by Mikołaj Sowiński and Agata Szeliga, experts in software law and data protection, respectively.
Mikołaj Sowiński; Agata Szeliga
BSA – the Software Alliance
- Advised Discovery on the implementation of the European Parliament decision concerning the refarming of TV frequencies, including negotiations of broadcasting agreements with an operator of a broadcasting network, regulatory advice, advice on personal data protection.
- Advising Microsoft on all aspects of cloud computing services.
- Representation of BSA members, including Microsoft, Autodesk, Siemens, Adobe, in hundreds of court proceedings and negotiations regarding violation of rights to software products.
Led by new technologies specialist Xawery Konarski, the TMT practice at Traple Konarski Podrecki & Partners has extensive experience across the full range of sector issues. Experts in internet, media and e-commerce, the boutique practice also handles data protection, IT-telco, fintech and public procurement. Agnieszka Wachowska is 'skilled at negotiating complex agreements' and has a deep knowledge of telecoms law. Piotr Wasilewski and Grzegorz Sibiga are other key contacts.
Other key lawyers:
Agnieszka Wachowska; Piotr Wasilewski; Grzegorz Sibiga
‘We appreciate the depth and breadth of their technology practice, in particular for their knowledge and practical insights into digital products, media channels and telecommunications.’
‘Xawery Konarski is a very respected senior professional and can readily steer any project irrespective of its complexity.’
‘The team is highly specialized and has a deep knowledge of the IT sector. Many lawyers in the team have in-house experience which makes it easier for them to engage with technical specialists which are often the key to solving legal problems related to IT projects. ’
‘Agnieszka Wachowska has a breadth of sector specific knowledge and has a solid grasp of issues which can arise in IT projects. She is skilled at negotiating complex agreements relating to the realisation of IT contracts or resolving claims relating to IT projects.’
Agencja Rozwoju Mazowsza S.A.
Skarb Państwa – Generalny Dyrektor Dróg Krajowych i Autostrad (GDDKiA) / State Treasury – General Director for National Roads and Motorways (GDNRM
PGNiG Obrót Detaliczny
Skarb Państwa – Główny Inspektorat Transportu Drogowego (GITD)
Polski Standard Płatności Sp. z o.o.
Asseco South Eastern Europe S.A. (ASEE SA)
Centralny Ośrodek Informatyki/ Center for Informatics Technology
AV System Sp. j.
PKO BP Finat Sp. z o.o.
Cashless Trade Development Foundation (Fundacja Rozwoju Obrotu Bezgotówkowego, “FROB”)
Orange Polska S.A.
Polska Izba Informatyki i Telekomunikacji (PIIT)
Polskie Sieci Elektroenergetyczne S.A.
Polska Izba Informatyki i Telekomunikacji
Narodowy Fundusz Zdrowia
Centrum Informatyczne Resortu Finansów
- Advised Agencja Rozwoju Mazowsza on the Internet for Mazovia project co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund under the Priority II The Acceleration of e-development of Mazovia Province, The action 2.1 Prevention of information exclusion by Mazovia regional operational programme 2007-2013.
Domanski Zakrzewski Palinka's TMT offering is led by telecoms expert Aleksandra Auleytner. The group is best known for its advice on media law, and is particularly active in the areas of publishing, radio and TV, while assistance with game development issues is another sweet spot. The group also advises on advertising, contract negotiations, the drafting of T&Cs and assistance with marketing schemes.
‘What distinguishes the Law Firm is professional staff, trouble-free contact and high personal culture. During my cooperation so far, I could always count on the help and support of the lawyers from the Law Firm.’
‘’It should also be noted that the specialists we work with are people with high personal culture and are the best specialists in their profession on the market.’
Nexera sp. z o.o. N
Visa Europe Limited
Media Saturn Holdings Polska
TECS’ telecommunication & e-commerce solutions GmbH
PZU S.A. / Crawford Polska Sp. z o.o.
- Advising PKP IC on telecoms and IT matters (including legal disputes, negotiations and contracts with Alstom Group on implementation of Wi-Fi in Pendolino high-speed trains).
- Advising Nexera on drafting and securing IT telecoms contracts and compliance support for GDPR and public-aid regulations.
- Advising Golden Media on prime-time tv productions such as Hotel Paradise, Laddette to Lady, Match-makers and Ostre Cięcie.
Based in Poznań, GWW's TMT team is led by implementation specialist Wacław Knopkiewicz. Particularly active in the Polish telecoms industry, the team has a strong reputation for related work in the competition law, regulatory and infrastructure fields. Rafał Duczek and Wojciech Krupa are key names to note.
Other key lawyers:
Rafal Duczek; Wojciech Krupa
‘GWW has a strong team of devoted and professional lawyers.’
‘Strong telecommunication team including: Mr Rafal Duczek and Mr Wojciech Krupa’.
Multimedia Polska S.A.
Aiton Caldwell S.A.
Lesnodorski, Slusarek & Partners
Maciej Ślusarek and Maciej Kubiak lead the TMT group at Lesnodorski, Slusarek & Partners. The team handles matters rooted in new technology and is known for its advisory work on media law, personal data and image protection as it relates to social media. The client portfolio includes IT manufacturers and computer games producers, companies which it regularly assists with the legal requirements of software implementation.
Maciej Ślusarek; Maciej Kubiak
ESPORTSLAB Sp. z o.o.
Ekipa Film sp. z o.o. Sp.k.
Platige Image S.A.
Gemini Hutter S.A. Sp. z o.o.
Marquard Media Polska Sp. z o.o.
Wardynski & Partners
The TMT group at Wardynski & Partners is a key name for transactional matters and also advises on fintech, blockchain, cybersecurity and crowdfunding services. The team also covers additional sector issues as they relate to privacy protection and research and development. The portfolio includes firms from a cross section of industries such as IT, biomedicine, foodstuffs and gaming. Krzysztof Wojdyło, an expert in fintech, leads the team.
‘A team of experts adequately selected for a given case. Initiative and creative approach to the problem. More flexible than other companies. Sensitive to the client’s needs.’
‘Stand out: Ability to apply vast knowledge in practice, balanced way of presenting arguments. Different from others: an accessible form of transferring knowledge. Qualities valued: knowledge, right judgement.’
Elastic Cloud Solution
- Assistance to Lidya in launching a new online loan platform dedicated to SME.
- Assisted Dometic in launching an online platform.
- Assisting Elastic Cloud Solution in preparing the template SaaS terms and conditions.
Closely linked with the firm's IP practice, the TMT offering at WKB Wiercinski, Kwiecinski, Baehr is led by Agnieszka Wiercińska-Krużewska. In recent years, the firm has increased its focus on fintech, IT, media and data protection, areas in which it represents clients from a cross-section of industries. These include: ISPs, publishers of online content, e-commerce platforms and smart device manufacturers. In addition, the team's work in media incorporates matters for film and television producers and also includes advice to publishing houses, private collection societies and cultural institutions.
‘I highly recommend cooperation with the WKB corporate team and data protection and IP team, which are always available and provide high quality legal assistance even on short deadlines. Also the members of both teams have very good knowledge of the specifics of merger transactions, which make their advice on corporate issues and data protection and IP matters very practical‘.
Miejskie Wodociągi i Kanalizacja w Bydgoszczy – spółka z o.o.
Cludo sp. z o.o.
FremantleMedia Polska sp. z o.o.
ZBROJOVKA BRNO, via Havel Partners
Lidl sp. z o.o. sp.k. podróże
Sensor Cliniq sp. z o.o. i Wspólnicy sp.k.
- Advising FremantleMedia Polska (a producer and distributor of some of the best-known content across both traditional TV and digital platforms) on its ongoing business activities, including well-known TV and film production agreements.
- Representing Voxbone, a telecoms operator, in its contact with Polish regulatory bodies on a permanent basis related to requests from law enforcement agencies to be granted access to users’ data.
- Drafted new terms of service for OLX, a major Polish online marketplace-type retail and services platform.
APLaw Artur Piechocki
Boutique practice APLaw Artur Piechocki handles TMT matters as they relate to media law, new technologies (Internet of Things and Artificial Intelligence), IT projects and outsourcing. Jointly led by Artur Piechocki and Ireneusz Matusiak, the team acts for clients in the fintech (cryptocurrency, blockchain, PSD2), e-commerce, cybersecurity, video games and med-tech sectors.
Artur Piechocki; Ireneusz Matusiak
‘APLAW lawyers have extensive knowledge of the implementation of information systems and new technologies. They work closely with IT departments, penetrating technical problems.’
‘They just understand our business needs and are capable to solve technical issues in close cooperation with our IT team.’
‘APLAW is a good firm that is always beside the customer accompanying us’
‘I have known Artur Piechocki for more than 15 years and he has always been interested in the technology that is behind law and business. And he understands that relation very well, which is reflected in legal services he delivers.’
‘Technical knowledge of the team members goes far beyond average lawyer’s knowledge that is available on the market.’
‘Extraordinary technical knowledge that cannot be compared with many other lawyers, even if they deliver similar legal services.’
TVN and Discovery Group
- Advising Doyensec, an American IT company, on identifying the legal character of services delivered to the client and preparing contracts for advanced cybersecurity services.
- Assisted ComCERT with the acquisition of its shares by Asseco Poland.
- Advising Aftermarket.pl, the Polish domain names exchange, on complex IT and cybersecurity matters.
New technology expert Zuzanna Laganowska leads the TMT practice at Bakowski Law Firm. The team assists with the preparation and negotiation of licence agreements, outsourcing agreements and cloud computing contracts. In addition, it regularly advises clients on the creation of advertising campaigns and promotional/marketing services. The client portfolio includes a significant number of players in the IT, telecoms and new technology sectors. Aldona Hapyn is also noted.
Other key lawyers:
‘We are very happy with the services that we receive from Bakowski Law Firm. They are a very thorough and efficient group that are always happy to assist at any time. ’
‘Availability of lawyers team and open mind thinking oriented on problem solutions in wide spectrum.’
‘I personally worked with one outstanding lawyer (Aldona) who prepared the contract according to the requirements I needed. The cooperation was on a very high level and the availability was excellent. The response was almost immediate. She was able to use her knowledge and her experience during negotiations.’
BELGACOM INTERNATIONAL CARRIER SERVICES
NASK (National Research Institute supervised by the Ministry of Digital Affairs)
BSJP Brockhuis Jurczak Prusak Sroka Nilsson Sp. k.
Marcin Kroll and Ewa Boryczko lead the TMT offering at BSJP Brockhuis Jurczak Prusak Sroka Nilsson Sp. k. Notably, the team handles matters for a range of domestic and international clients (including start-ups) and has a particular focus on IT contracts and data protection. In addition, the firm covers software licensing (including open source), cloud services (SaaS, IaaS, PasS) and the outsourcing of IT services.
The TMT practice at Clifford Chance is led by M&A specialist Marcin Bartnicki. The group is a popular choice for financial services companies and private equity houses, where it is routinely instructed to assist with data privacy work as well as the design and implementation of transitional technology arrangements. The client portfolio also includes key players in the consumer goods, retail and automotive sectors.
Ringier Axel Springer Media AG
Ringier Axel Springer Polska sp. z o.o.
Allegro.pl sp. z o.o.
ING Bank Śląski S.A.
HSBC Bank Polska S.A.
- Advised Ringier Axel Springer Media on its acquisition of the shares of Gratka.pl and the announcement of a tender offer for 100% shares of MZN Property.
- Ongoing advice to Allegro.pl on various aspects of its day-to-day activities.
The team at Czyzewscy Kancelaria Adwokacka advises on e-commerce, software, TV, video games, technology, medicinal devices and advertising. The firm is also recognised for its work in the audiovisual and publishing sectors (areas where it regularly facilitates interactions with film producers). The team is led by the 'very competent' Krzysztof Czyzewski, a specialist in transactions and disputes affecting media clients.
‘The Law Firm is distinguished by: a high degree of specialization combined with great competence, close cooperation with the audiovisual market (with organizations, producers and freelancers); customer trust. ’
‘The face of the company is Krzysztof Czyyewski – a person who is well known in the film business and very respected. It isn’t another anonymous law firm, but an institution which the audiovisual community in Poland trusts’.
‘All lawyers from this practice I have had a contact with, in particular advocate Krzysztof Czyzewski, are very competent, they have got a complex and excellent expertise in the field of copyright in particular copyright for audiovisual works. ’
‘Krzysztof Czyzewski is very competent, reliable, well-mannered. He proposes solutions which take into account specific situation and needs of the client and which are very effective.‘
Ringier Axel Springer
Advanced Accelerator (a part of Novartis Group)
House Media Company
Royal Road Entertainment
- Organised webinars for the film production community in Poland to help them deal with the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Assisted Wajda School & Polish Radio with organising a programme for sound engineers and radio operators who are responsible for the production of radio plays.
- Advised Senetic on the launch of tests in the Polish market for rapid detection of coronavirus.
At DLA Piper, TMT matters are led by advanced technologies expert Ewa Kurowska-Tober. Notably, the team has significant connections to the firm's broader IP offering and utilises this to advise companies from highly regulated sectors, including banking, insurance, pharmaceuticals, media, emerging technologies, life sciences and insurance. It also handles a significant amount of data protection and cybersecurity work, areas in which it handles cutting-edge issues such as the Internet of Things, artificial intelligence and blockchain. Łukasz Czynienik is a key name for IT cases.
Other key lawyers:
‘They have the knowledge and experience necessary to represent insurance companies in complex matters.’
‘Mr Lukasz Czynienik was very competent and helpful in our case.’
Feilo Sylvania Group
Global Cloud Xchange
DLK Legal Korus sp.k.
The TMT offering at DLK Legal Korus sp.k. is led by Krzysztof Korus. The team provides dedicated legal and regulatory advice to the fintech industry, most notably assisting banks with their transfer to digital processes. In addition, the firm assists companies with the IT and telecoms side (internet platforms, data analytics and market infrastructure providers) that are looking to enhance their business with the financial services industry. Michał Mostowik is another key contact.
The TMT offering at EY Law is led by Justyna Wilczyńska-Baraniak. The group acts for clients from industries such as retail, financial services, telecoms (Nokia is a recent client win) and gaming on matters pertaining to data protection, cloud computing and cybersecurity. Notably, the firm also provides regulatory advice in relation to video-verification systems, digital signatures, remote working and the monitoring of employees.
Led by Michał Fereniec, the TMT practice at Greenberg Traurig Grzesiak sp. k. assists with internet and e-commerce issues, licensing, new technology solutions, IT implementation and telecoms services. In addition, the team assists clients with tender procedures as well as the negotiation of related technical and pricing terms.
Wood & Co.
- Advising the Polsat Group on the acquisition of the Interia Group.
- Assisted Agora with the acquisition of a 40% stake in Eurozet and the negotiation of the shareholders’ agreement executed with its majority shareholder, SFS Ventures s.r.o. with its registered office in Prague, the Czech Republic, governing the cooperation of both Eurozet shareholders.
- Advised Cyfrowy Polsat on its joint venture agreement with Discovery Communications Europe Limited and TVN regarding the establishment of a new OTT streaming platform.
Doktór Jerszyński Pietras Adwokaci i Radcowie Prawni Spółka Partnerska
TMT matters at Doktór Jerszynski Pietras Adwokaci i Radcowie Prawni Spólka are led by Gracjan Pietras. A popular choice for assisting Polish and international businesses with the acquisition of IT systems, the team also advises on the drafting of documents and representation in negotiation processes. It acts for clients active in industries including energy, retail, banking, insurance and online rental marketplaces. Privacy expert Jarosław Jerszyński and associate Adriana Palczewska are other names to note.
Other key lawyers:
Jarosław Jerszyński; Adriana Palczewska
‘The Team has been supporting us for the last 8 years and I have been working with them since 2006. The are very business-oriented with a lot of creativity to support their clients. They were very responsive and quick to act.’
‘Gracjan Pietras. Partner. Great leader, hard-working and ready to engage in difficult drafting and negotiations. Adriana Palczewska Associate: Meticulous and hard-working – proactive professional. ’
‘The team we worked with were professional and conscientious, especially attorney-at-law Gracjan Pietras. Always ready to help, open to discussions, available when needed. The cooperation has always been very good and we could always receive the professional help.’
‘The film production market these days is difficult and demanding with rapidly changing circumstances. DJP lawyers provide complex legal services for all our film production activities. DJP team provides legal support on issues such as financing, the organisation of film production, work on set and post-production matters. In addition, several corporate and operational issues benefits from the support guaranteed by the team.’
‘DJP lawyers always find a sensible solutions for us, making difficult cases easier. They help us to create and professionally negotiate contracts with actors, agents, co-producers, scriptwriters, movie directors, set designers and other professionals.’
‘Mr Jaroslaw Jerszynski has a great understanding of business needs for the film industry and has a practical approach to the challenges that arise on every step in our business. He quickly adapts the new requirements and provides valuable input on day-to day- business decisions, terms and conditions of our contracts, in particular with the demanding actors’ agents, distributors, scriptwriters, co-producers and TV stations. He is perfectly capable with unpredictable events on the set and strives to achieve optimal legal solutions. He is a specialist in the field of new technologies and we have full confidence in him. He works quickly and professionally.’
‘Adriana Palczewska, together with Mr. Jerszynski, conducts our matters. She is superbly diligent and professional. Ms. Palczewska drafts majority of the contracts and very efficiently negotiates them.’
Polski Fundusz Rozwoju S.A.
Wonder Films Sp. z o.o.
Zygfryd Studio Sp. z o.o.
Polskie Badania Czytelnictwa Sp. z o.o.
- Advised Polski Fundusz Rozwoju on the acquisition, implementation and maintenance of an IT system dedicated to managing and implementing the government’s country-wide programme on relief for entrepreneurs affected by the SARS-COV-2 epidemic.
- Advised Jeronimo Martins Polska on the acquisition of IT solutions.
- Advised Fortum Power and Heat Polska on the acquisition of IT solutions.
The TMT group at Kochanski & Partners is led by Olgierd Świerzewski and Piotr Kochanski. A key name for cybersecurity matters, the team recently established the Anti-Fraud Association to focus on the identification and prevention of economic crime. The team has also handled a substantive amount of cloud computing implementation for financial services sector clients. Karolina Marciniszyn is another key name to note.
Olgierd Świerzewski; Piotr Kochański
Other key lawyers:
‘Absolutely fabulous team: quick reaction in urgent cases even during weekends and evenings.’
‘Very proactive and helpful.‘
CIECH SARZYNA S.A.
Pandora Jewelry CEE Sp. z o. o.
Ringier Axel Springer Polska Sp. z o. o.
iTaxi.pl Sp. z o. o.
Coca-Cola HBC Polska Sp. z o. o.
One Peak Partners
Biuro Informacji Kredytowej S.A.
- Advising One Peak Partners on data protection and IP-related matters during a significant investment in Doc Planner, an innovative medical services matching company.
- Ongoing advice to Pandora on matters connected to conducting business activity, particularly marketing through the internet.
- Advising Murapol on GDPR implementation followed by ongoing legal advice and performing a data protection officer function.
Konieczny, Wierzbicki Kancelaria Radców Prawnych sp.p.
Based in Krakow, the TMT practice at Konieczny, Wierzbicki Kancelaria Radców Prawnych sp.p. is led by Michał Konieczny and Łukasz Wieczorek. The team has a strong reputation for handling multi-jurisdictional matters and work regarding cloud models (SaaS), mobile payments, virtual banking and cloud-native software. In addition, the firm is known for its expertise in the gambling sector, an area in which it represents leading international clients.
Michał Konieczny; Łukasz Wieczorek
ZUS (Social Insurance Institution)
Górnośląsko-Zagłębiowska Metropolia (GZM Metropolis)
Software Mind Inc.
Novomatic Technologies Poland S.A.
Zurich Insurance Company
Bronova Sp. z.o.o.
Hoteliga International Sp. z.o.o.
Rumble Fish Sp. z.o.o.
- Advised Software Mind on negotiations concerning the provision of professional IT services to Branch Metrics Inc., a unicorn tech company from Silicon Valley.
- Prepared a full set of documents that are needed to launch the public tender proceedings regarding the implementation and maintenance of a large, complex IT system dedicated for the processing of public services
- Advised a Polish IT company on establishing its cooperation with one of the largest banks in Russia.
At Olesinski & Wspolnicy, Lucyna Brayshaw, Joanna Lentka-Wróbel, Andrzej Boboli and Magdalena Kaleta-Maniak lead the team. The group advises some of the largest players in the e-commerce and hi-tech fields on the implementation of IT systems, contracting (distribution networks and R&D), brand development and media coverage. The group also advises on financial analytics, where it assists with benchmarking, financial due diligence, bookkeeping, reporting and tax-contribution settlements.
Lucyna Brayshaw; Joanna Lentka-Wróbel; Andrzej Boboli; Magdalena Kaleta-Maniak
Acer Poland sp. z o.o. [Ltd]
ATM Grupa S.A. [Inc]
Burda Media Polska Sp. z o.o. [Ltd]
CCC S.A. [Inc]
CCC.EU Sp. z o.o. [Ltd]
Curaden Polska Sp. z o.o. [Ltd]
Deviniti sp. zo.o. [Ltd]
distripark.com Sp. z o.o. [Ltd]
Dr Schneider Automotive Polska Sp.z o.o. [Ltd]
eobuwie.pl S.A. [Inc]
Ferring Pharmaceuticals Poland Sp. z o.o. [Ltd]
Finder.com Poland sp. z o.o. [Ltd]
Gigaset Communications Polska Sp. z o.o. [Ltd]
GUOTAI – HUARONG (Poland) Sp. z o.o. [Ltd]
ICB Pharma Sp.j. [Rp]
Impel S.A. [Inc]
Impel Facility Services Sp. z o.o. [Ltd]
Kaczmarski Group Sp. z o.o. [Ltd]
Kaczmarski Inkasso sp. z o.o. sp. k. [Ltd]
Kancelaria prawna RAVEN P. Krupa Sp.k
KIK Textil Sp. z o. o. [Ltd]
Krajowy Rejestr Długów Biuro Informacji Gospodarczej S.A. [Inc[
Kruk S.A. [Inc]
Limango GmbH [Ltd]
Limango Polska Sp. z o.o. [Ltd]
Mechanistry sp. z o.o. [Ltd]
Novum Finance Sp. z o.o. [Ltd]
Nowex Arkadiusz Nowacki
Nutit a.s. [Inc]
Objectivity Bespoke Software
- Assisted Eobuwie.pl in negotiations with actress Eva Longoria concerning the creation of an entirely new fashion brand together with the actress.
- Advised ICB Pharma on expanding its distribution network of high-tech nano-technological and pharmaceutical solutions, covering patent licensing and research and development agreements throughout multiple jurisdictions, including the US and China.
- Assisting Whirlpool with comprehensive legal support (especially in the area of consumer and data protection law) in connection with a change in the model of the functioning of online shops for VIP customers and employees, the launch of a new, open shopping platform and a special marketing campaign on preferential sales conditions for customers who are also customers of Whirlpool’s partner.
Led by telecoms expert Eligiusz Krzesniak, the team at Squire Patton Boggs Krześniak sp.k. has handled recent mandates connected to the 5G rollout in Poland as well as those regarding the protection of personal data. The team advises start-ups and fintech companies on business models, the negotiation of agreements, the structuring of investments and capital raisings. It also assists with payment issues, e-banking, online loans and IT deployments.
‘This Law Firm has a unique ability to understand business needs and difficulties in the translation of legal reqs to business language.’
‘Eligiusz Krzesniak – great understanding of business needs, ability for urgent meetings every time the clients need it, huge knowledge of IT/TMT law.’
- Advised Inmarsat on a pioneering project related to the launch of the world’s first integrated satellite and air to ground connectivity network, allowing high-speed plane passengers access to broadband Wi-Fi across 30 European countries.
- Advised T-Mobile Polska on the agreement with Inea on telecoms wholesale access to Inea’s fibre network in the form of Bitstream Access.
- Advised Coinfirm, a leading fintech providing blockchain analytics and AML solutions, on several matters, including: negotiations of global cooperation agreement between a Swiss software provider and a bank; its expansion into the US (including trade mark advice); analysis of the general terms and conditions, and data processor agreements; and copyright matters in Poland.