Led by digital industry expert Marek Rosinski and the 'outstanding' Marcin Fijałkowski, the IP team at Baker & McKenzie Krzyżowski i Wspólnicy Spółka Komandytowa acts for major clients including Unilever and British American Tobacco. The group advises on industrial design, trade mark and patent work, and is particularly well known for representing clients in arbitration cases before the Polish Patent Office and EUIPO. The group acts for clients from the automotive, manufacturing, media, pharmaceutical and aviation industries, among other. 'Very experienced' associate Katarzyna Tobiasz-Dumania is the key contact for litigation before WIPO.
Intellectual property in Poland
Baker McKenzie Krzyżowski i Wspólnicy Sp.k.
Marek Rosiński; Marcin Fijałkowski
Other key lawyers:
‘Great industry experience, great in bringing different experts together if needed; always also having a European perspective.’
‘The cooperation with our lawyers is very fruitful as there is a lot of knowledge as well as room for open legal discussions always driven to find the best legal solutions for the matter. Furthermore, they are very swift and extremely reliable in dealing with our matters.’
‘Team is in my opinion one of the best in Poland – competent with great knowledge.’
‘Marcin Fijalkowski is a person with outstanding abilities to combine law with business. He has extensive knowledge, provides the required products in a flexible and business-oriented manner. Katarzyna Tobiasz-Dumania is a very experienced lawyer, involved in the tasks performed, with great legal knowledge, and an excellent trainer.’
‘They are unique because of their highly business oriented approach and focus on delivering results in the fastest and cheapest way. Very good knowledge about FMCG sector ’
‘Marcin Fijalkowski is a go-to-guy in all kind of IP and unfair competition law (lookalikes) cases in Poland. If you want to get things solved swiftly approach him, his knowledge and experience will pay off to your business very shortly. ’
‘ Everything is done in time, a with good explanation and billing always corresponds to the work performed.’
British American Tobacco
- Advised ElectroMobility Poland on designing, building and commencing the mass production of a new brand of electric cars in Poland.
- Advised Boryszew on know-how management and international technology transfer issues in the R&D process of the development of its highly-innovative product – a lightweight aluminium alloy with high magnesium content.
- Assisted Abbott Laboratories in closing a third party’s website registered under a domain name incorporating Abbott’s registered EU trade mark.
The team at Bird & Bird Szepietowski i wspólnicy sp. k. is led by' Marta Koremba, patent expert Piotr Dynowski, digital transformation specialist Paweł Lipski and the 'forward-thinking' Tomasz Zalewski. The group is able to draw on expertise in the firm's international offices to assist with hard (patent litigation, freedom to operate analysis, technology licensing, R&D projects) and soft IP (copyrights, unfair competition, commercial advice). Brand management support is another area of strength and the team assists with trade mark litigation, anti-counterfeiting proceedings, domain name disputes and the protection of geographical indications.
Marta Koremba; Piotr Dynowski; Paweł Lipski; Tomasz Zalewski
‘Vast knowledge of the issues related to IP and new technologies.’
‘Responsiveness, speed in the advice and professionalism. ’
‘Piotr Dynowski is always available and has a great team. You know your case is in good hands when you entrust them to represent your interests in Court. ’
‘Lawyers from IP Team in Poland are not focused only on the law, but they take a helicopter view to understand better the business needs. Therefore their legal opinion is always practical. They are real business partners not only lawyers, which is unique on the Polish market of legal services. ’
‘Marta Koremba is a great leader among lawyers. Nothing is impossible for her. Even in very difficult cases, she comes up with innovative legal ideas, which help solve the problem. What is more, she encourages her team members to think out of the box. Therefore, thanks for Marta, the whole IP team in Poland represents a mindset for innovative thinking. Something which is really unique and makes them different from other big law firms in Poland.’
‘Communicative & open to client’s needs.’
‘Tomasz Zalewski – always a pleasure to talk to, very open minded and forward thinking.’
Stock Spirits Group
FS File Solutions
North Food Polska
- Advised IKEA on setting up an easy licensing scheme for IKEA-related content generated in various online channels. The project included licencing UGC by means of automatic tools (such as Walls.io or Ollapic), content created by IKEA Family members and micro influencer’s content.
- Assisted Stock Spirits Group with trade mark matters, including marketing and advertising strategies and representing the client in infringement proceedings against a Polish fruit wine and beer producer.
- Represented Take-Two Interactive, a leading US game publisher and rights holder in the famous Grand Theft Auto video game in a dispute concerning unauthorised use of its game’s universe (by use of so-called role-playing MOD) by a leading Polish food processing company Maspex in an advertising campaign for its Tiger energy drink brand.
Soltysinski Kawecki & Szlezak's IP team has a strong reputation for complex, cross-border matters. Notably, this includes advisory work on protection strategies, transactions and product launches for major brands such as Microsoft and Nike. In addition, the team assists with unfair competition matters (with an emphasis on the advertising sector), domain name infringement, rights protection, anti-counterfeiting and custom seizures. Industrial property expert Szymon Gogulski and patent and trade mark infringement specialist Ewa Skrzydło-Tefelska are the practice heads. Jacek Myszko is another name to note, specifically known for his work in the pharmaceutical, medical device and food sectors.
Szymon Gogulski; Ewa Skrzydło-Tefelska
Other key lawyers:
‘Strong team with an effective and communicative partner at the lead.’
‘The partner we work with, Jacek Myszko, is fantastic – knowledgeable, reliable, quick and efficient. He understands our business and is able to make recommendations on risk avoidance that are truly valuable to our teams. The value we receive by his work is exceptional. ’
‘A professional group of people, with a long bench, meaning that the 2nd/3rd persons working on a matter are also highly capable. We have a litigation matter with them, which they handle very well, reliably, with great attention to detail.’
‘Ewa Tefelska is the mastermind. ’
Nike Inc., NEON B.V.
Podlaska Wytwórnia Wódek Polmos
The Swatch / OMEGA SA
4Swiss Polska Sp. z o.o.
Eurotel sp. z o.o.
- Represented Cinkciarz.pl before the General Court of the EU in appealing EUIPO’s refusal to register a trade mark comprising a logo composed of two overlapping circles with euro and US dollar symbols.
- Represented Swatch / OMEGA before the Supreme Court in a trade mark infringement case.
- Represented PCC Rokita and PCC Exol in litigation concerning the alleged infringement of the patent regarding alkoxylation technology.
Traple Konarski Podrecki & Partners
The IP team at Traple Konarski Podrecki & Partners, which is led by Elżbieta Traple and Paweł Podrecki, represents clients active in the film production, TV, press, gaming and fashion industries. Clients include the Polish Filmmakers Association. The team assists with trade marks, patents, advertising, copyright and anti-counterfeiting and is frequently sought out to handle cases before the Polish Patent Office, EUIPO, and Polish courts. The 'very proactive and excellent' Anna Sokołowska-Ławniczak is also noted.
Elżbieta Traplew; Paweł Podrecki
Other key lawyers:
Anna Sokolowska Lawniczak
‘The team has a fantastic knowledge of the IP, IT, competition, data protection laws. ’
‘I had a chance to work with Anna Sokolowska Lawniczak, a very thorough and well prepared IP lawyer with excellent relations with her clients.’
‘Anna Sokolowska Lawniczak, she is a trade mark attorney and attorney at law and I like her dedication to the work, especially in contentious matters. Always willing to spend her time clarifying local law issues, she is a very proactive and excellent lawyer. ’
Lotte Wedel sp. z o.o.
MASPEX Group S.A.
Stowarzyszenie Filmowców Polskich (Polish Filmmakers Association)
Fundacja Darka Michalczewskiego
MTM Industries sp. z o.o.
Polfa Tarchomin S.A.
ZF Polpharma SA
- Assisting Lotte Wedel with all IP matters including trade mark and patent issues, IP litigation, advertising issues and copyright issues.
- Acting for the Maspex Group in IP litigation, particularly in trade mark litigation regarding its TIGER brand.
- Acting for Tous in enforcement cases concerning brand protection in Poland.
Wardynski & Partners
Led by Włodzimierz Szoszuk and Anna Pompe-Ciszewska, the IP team at Wardynski & Partners has expertise in dispute resolution (with an emphasis on regular and non-traditional trade marks). Known for representing clients at the Polish Patent Office, it also handles trade mark filing, the management of design portfolios and the prevention of trade mark degeneration. Clients, which include a number of start-up companies, include key players in the luxury goods, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, automotive, electronics, financial services and leisure sectors.
Włodzimierz Szoszuk; Anna Pompe-Ciszewska
Pilot Corporation of Europe
Schwan-Stabilo Schwanhäußer GmbH & Co. KG
The Scotch Whisky Association
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences
Harley-Davidson Motor Company
Cosmetic Warriors Limited
FoodCare sp. z o.o.
- Advised Gorrissen Feredspiel (for the Salling Group AS) on the IP aspects of the acquisition of a Tesco chain of outlets by Netto.
- Assisting Chapter 4 Corp dba Supreme with registering SUPREME as a trade mark in the PPO, including successfully overcoming charges of lack of distinctiveness.
Allen & Overy, A. Pedzich sp. k.
The experienced Krystyna Szczepanowska-Kozłowska leads the IP practice at Allen & Overy, A. Pedzich sp. k.. The team, which handles contentious and non-contentious work, is particularly well known for its patent expertise. The team regularly assists with the IP aspects of M&A and joint venture transactions and is particularly renowned for its in-depth knowledge of the life sciences, telecoms, media and pharmaceutical sectors. Notable clients include Novartis (which it recently acted in a a key Swiss formula patent claim), BNP Paribas and Orange. Justyna Ostrowska and Michał Gajdus provide key support at associate level.
Other key lawyers:
Justyna Ostrowska; Michał Gajdus
- Represented Bayer in a cross-border patent infringement case regarding one of its most valued medicinal products.
- Represented Novartis in a case related to a patent for use in Poland.
- Represented Nikon in a couple of proceedings related to trade mark infringement by parallel import.
Led by technology law expert Tomasz Koryzma, the IP team at CMS Cameron McKenna Nabarro Olswang Pośniak i Bejm sp.k. focuses on four core sectors: fashion and luxury goods, chemicals, cosmetics and pharmaceuticals. It has a strong track record for trade mark and patent enforcement, and is particularly known for its ability to handle complex, high-value cases. The groups serves as L’Oréal's exclusive anti-counterfeiting adviser in Poland, a role which involves handling all customs and criminal seizures related the company's entire portfolio. Associate Karina Zielińska-Piątkowska is another key name to note.
Other key lawyers:
‘Exceptional quality of work, exceptional capacity, flexibility/agility, top-shelf legal qualifications and experience and good knowledge of business/market.’
‘The great network and the fact that they have offices in a number of jurisdictions is very helpful. The way that they operate through a single point of contact is very helpful as we have one contact person handling all matters. They have a strong knowledge and understanding of the law and its applicability to the client’s business.’
- Acted as a strategy partner for L’Oréal in the field of IP enforcement in Poland and serving L’Oréal as an exclusive anti-counterfeiting advisor in Poland.
- Represented ITP in a global trade mark dispute against a competitor, including coordinating prosecution proceedings conducted in front of trade mark offices in 12 countries worldwide and providing project management services in this respect.
- Advised HP on a countrywide IP protection project aimed at enforcing its patents against producers and importers of patent-infringing ink cartridges.
Dentons' IP team is highly regarded for its trade mark prosecution practice. In addition, the firm is currently developing a PropTech sub-practice designed to protect the interests of software companies operating in the Polish real estate market. The group also handles patent disputes, licensing, and transactions. The portfolio cuts across a broad spectrum of industries and includes The Coca-Cola Company and BBC Worldwide. Media and telecoms expert Karol Laskowski leads the team, which includes associate Aleksandra Żebrowska.
Other key lawyers:
‘Karol Laskowski – always available for advice, clearly communicated and explained quite complex processes, friendly approach and positive attitude. ’
‘They are always readily available to provide guidance and expertise.’
‘Karol Laskowski has been fantastic to work with. He is an expert in Poland law and has been invaluable to help us navigate the landscape. He is always available, promptly responds, and provides expert advice that can be relied on.’
‘The Dentons team that supported us stands out for creativity and innovative solutions. During our cooperation, it was clear that they are not only professionals providing legal advice, but also enthusiasts engaging in their client’s industry. Their support in the field of intellectual property, vigilance and high-quality work are highly appreciated’.
‘Karol Laskowski and Aleksandra Żebrowska are the key lawyers who provide us with legal and advisory support. Karol is a professional who can definitely approach the client with new solutions and manage the cooperation in an efficient and pleasant way for both parties. Aleksandra is a young talent with extensive knowledge as well as a passion for the industry in which we operate. They are both decisive and confident professionals.’
The Coca-Cola Company
Delta Air Lines
Fibo AS, Industriveien
Viacom International Media Networks
Agencja Rozwoju Przemysłu
Media IP Rights
- Represented Polflam in patent infringement proceedings which were initiated by one of its main competitors; and in patent invalidation proceedings initiated by the client before the Polish Patent Office in response to the claim.
- Acted for Zott Group in trade mark prosecution and litigation.
- Acted for the client, a major broadcaster, in a a precedential case – a dispute with an owner of Polish internet platform over rebroadcasts of the channel without the client’s consent.
Led by data protection expert Ewa Kurowska-Tober, DLA Piper's IP team counts Levi Strauss & Co. as a client and is also active for companies in the beverage, tobacco, toy, and perfume industries. The team handles trade marks, patent infringement and domain name disputes, and also provides strategic commercial advice on new technology law. Litigation specialist Krystian Maciaszek and 'highly responsive' senior associate Olga Leśniewska have expertise in industrial design law and brand protection, respectively.
Other key lawyers:
Krystian Maciaszek; Olga Leśniewska
‘The DLA Piper IP team in Poland are phenomenal. The response times, the level of advice given, the quality of service, the practical commercial advice given and the professionalism shown were provided from the outset to conclusion of a difficult deal.’
‘Olga Lesniewska was my main point of contact and she was thorough, commercial and highly responsive.’
Levi Strauss & Co.
Hasik, Rheims & Partners
The team at boutique firm Hasik, Rheims & Partners is led by Daniel Hasik, Eric Rheims and Anna Kruszewska. Exclusively dedicated to IP and media law, the firm is renowned for its expertise in trade mark enforcement and handles rights protection, anti-counterfeiting strategies, mass infringements and preliminary injunction strategies. Notably, the firm also advises on music law and issues concerning copyright collective societies as well as handling IP work in the publishing sector. The group is also a popular choice for clients in the automotive, household goods, cosmetics and gaming industries.
Daniel Hasik; Eric Rheims; Anna Kruszewska
Rubik’s Brand, Rovio
Merck Sharp & Dohme
Secto Design, Sed-ja
- Successfully represented the creator and producer of Secto Design’s lamps against diverse imitation on the grounds of copyright and unfair competition in a series of disputes against: BNP Paribas, Hilton Hotel, Leroy Merlin, King Home, Max-Fliz.
- Represented CD Projekt in a dispute against Mr. Sapkowski, who claimed additional royalty payments of €15m for right to use Wiedzimin as basis for the games, which included negotiating a settlement agreement setting out a framework for the cooperation between the parties.
- Represented ACO Technologies, as the holder of a patent relating to surface drainage protected in multiple jurisdictions, against its worldwide competitor, Hauraton, who infringed the patent in Mexico, Germany, France and in Poland, where it has production facilities.
The team at Kochanski & Partners is led by Piotr Kochanski, Karolina Marciniszyn and Krzysztof Zieba. Notable for its strong track record in the defence of trade marks and patents, the team acts for clients active in the pharmaceutical, media and FMCG sectors, among others. In particular, it handles preliminary injunctions, settlements, in-court representation and cancellation actions before Polish Patent Office.
Piotr Kochański; Karolina Marciniszyn; Krzysztof Zięba
‘The firm is fully committed to IP and related areas. The personal touch and great efforts of their excellent team is outstanding.’
‘A highly efficient and responsive team that provides succinct, commercially- oriented practical advice. ’
‘Karolina Marciniszyn: She has been rigorous and diligent in her support providing clear concise advice on prosecution matters. It is always a pleasure to work with her.’
‘The partners Karolina Marciniszyn and Krzysztof Zieba have been providing excellent service in trademark law for one of our top clients for almost 10 years. Inquiries are answered in highest quality mostly within minutes. The advice is concise and clearly understandable even for the client. The prices are moderate and the relationship between expenses and income is extraordinarily good. The firm as well as the above mentioned partners deserve highest recognition.’
Coca-Cola HBC Polska
Ringier Axel Springer Polska
nOvum Fertility Clinic
- Advised AccorInvest Group on IP matters including trade mark issues on a real estate transaction.
- Advised Coca-Cola HBC Polska on IP, copyright and product labelling matters.
- Represented Ringier Axel Springer Polska in numerous litigation cases, including trade mark and domain name disputes.
Kondrat & Partners
The team at Kondrat & Partners is led by Mariusz Kondrat, Ewa Niesiobędzka-Krause, Andrzej Przytuła and Magdalena Jezierska-Zięba. The group handles domestic litigation concerning trade mark infringement, issues surrounding look-a-like products and counterfeit goods, and also handles matters at EU and global levels. In particular, it regularly represents clients before the Polish Patent Office, EPO, EUIPO and WIPO and is a popular choice for clients from sectors including pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, biotechnology, education, food and beverages and luxury goods.
Mariusz Kondrat; Andrzej Przytuła; Magdalena Jezierska-Zięba; Ewa Niesiobędzka-Krause
Polpharma (Swiss Pharma)
Warsaw School of Economics (SGH)
R2 Center (Apart)
Olive Line International
- Successfully represented the Warsaw School of Economics in a dispute with the International Olympic Committee.
- Represented Siarkopol Tarnobrzeg in a trade mark dispute against its German business partner.
The IP practice at WKB Wiercinski, Kwiecinski, Baehr is led by disputes expert Agnieszka Wiercińska-Krużewska. The team assists with trade mark, design and copyright law and is sought after by clients from the media, FMCG, retail, entertainment and construction sectors. Infringement cases are a notable specialism and it acts for clients in cases before the Supreme Court, the Supreme Administrative Court and the Constitutional Tribunal. Associate Maria Obara-Piszewska is another name to note.
Other key lawyers:
Grupa Allegro Sp. z o.o.
FremantleMedia Polska sp. z o.o.
Kobalt Rights Agency Limited
Zignago Vetro Polska S.A.
X-Trade Brokers DM S.A.
XL Energy Marketing Sp. z o.o.
Wolters Kluwer and group of 14 publishers
Lidl Polska Sp. z o.o.
The IP group at Czyzewscy Kancelaria Adwokacka is a popular choice for clients in the film, publishing and advertising sectors. Led by the 'very competent' Krzysztof Czyżewski, the team counts HBO, Ringier Axel Springer and Telemark as clients. Recent areas of development at the firm include support for TV, VOD and OTT distribution, clearing rights and defamation in both new and social media. Maciej Jamiołkowski is the name to note for trade marks and personal rights protection.
Other key lawyers:
‘All lawyers from this practice I have had a contact with, in particular advocate Krzysztof Czyzewski, are very competent, they have got a complex and excellent expertise in the field of copyright in particular copyright for audiovisual works. ’
‘Krzysztof Czyzewski is very competent, reliable, well-mannered. He proposes solutions which take into account specific situation and needs of the client. And which are very effective. Regarding the service, Czyzewscy Kancelaria Adwokacka is always on time which is particularly appreciated as sometimes we need very fast reaction. His knowledge of English is superb so without any problem he (and his office) may render services in English (participation in videocalls , writing letters and so on) ’
‘I deal exclusively with Krzysztof Czyzewski. He doesn’t waste my time. Provides the insight into the industry (i.e. media, intellectual property etc.). Personally I find him easy to work with – he’s more like an old-time intellectual than a lawyer.’
‘On top of a wide range of IP specialization, Czyzewski Law firm has expertise in the Life Sciences sector – the other “leg” of the firm’s specialization. Such an additional expertise adds unique value to the offering of the whole law firm and makes this law firm exceptional in providing support to Life Sciences clients. ’
Ringier Axel Springer
House Media Company
Royal Road Entertainment
- Acted as legal counsel to Angelus, a renowned international film coproduction, on Valley of the Gods.
- Advised Film Produkcja on IP matters.
- Assisting book publishing representatives enter and operate in the film and TV markets.
Led by enforcement and litigation specialist Aleksandra Auleytner, the IP team at Domanski Zakrzewski Palinka is known for its expertise in copyrights (especially in relation to architectural works), computer programs, and in the film and music industries. The group also advises on patents, trade marks and industrial designs. It is a popular choice for clients in the media and telecoms sectors, regularly advising on personal property protection, e-commerce projects, new technologies and internet law.
Fresenius Kabi Polska Sp. z o.o.
Visa International Service Association
Riot Games, Inc.
Przekrój Polska Sp. z o.o.
Cryogas M&T Poland S.A.
NewCommerce Services Sp. z o.o.
- Advised Golden Media on infringements of trade marks linked to a major prime-time TV show.
- Advised Daniel Wellington on trade mark infringement disputes with competitors over the use of counterfeit goods.
- Acted for Fresenius Kabi Polska in trade mark infringement claims in connection with its pharmaceutical products as well as related court proceedings.
Drzewiecki, Tomaszek i Wspólnicy Sp.k.
The IP team at Drzewiecki, Tomaszek i Wspólnicy Sp.k., led by Andrzej Tomaszek, acts for domestic and foreign manufacturers active in industries including food, automotive, electronics, construction, textiles, chemicals and pharmaceuticals. In addition, the team also handles work for publishing houses and entertainment clients. Associate Karolina Brzezińska is a key name for personal data protection work and unfair competition specialist Justyna Karsz-Piwko is also noted.
Other key lawyers:
Karolina Brzezińska; Justyna Karsz-Piwko
‘Karolina Brzeziska deals with cases very efficiently.’
International Olympic Committee
Leithart AG Schweiz and and The Lorenz Balsen Snack-World Sp. z o.o.
Honda Motor Co. Ltd
Red Bull Polska sp.o.o.
- Advising Red Bull Polska on day-to–day legal advice on license agreements in the field of intellectual property and trade marks.
- Represented the organiser of the Olympic Games, the International Olympic Committee, in opposition proceedings before the Patent Office of the Republic of Poland.
- Advised Honda Motor as the injured party in numerous criminal cases regarding the trade of goods marked with counterfeited trade marks.
At DWF Poland Jamka Sp.k, the IP team, which is led by the 'extremely knowledgeable' Oskar Tułodziecki, has experience acting for audio-visual producers, publishers and broadcasters. The group advises on the protection of trade marks, litigation, enforcement, customs protection and handles criminal proceedings in relation to anti-piracy. Marta Wysokińska is the name to note for matters concerning fair competition, trade secrets, IT and film production.
Other key lawyers:
‘Oskar Tulodziecki: He has a number of associates, but I usually deal directly with him and he delegates and supervises as needed. Mr. Tulodziecki provides a very high level of service. He is extremely knowledgeable, careful, precise in his research and opinions, with excellent business judgement and real-world skills. He and his entire team also have excellent English-language skills, which is important in dealing with complex legal documents and issues among multinational parties who speak different languages.’
‘DWF Poland has a very strong team lead by Oskar Tulodziecki, very reliable with significant expertise in all IP matters.’
‘Oskar Tulodziecki has very long and deep experience – he works for premium clients in the IP area.’
Start International Polska
Polska Fundacja Narodowa (PFN)
Motion Picture Licensing Company
Polish History Museum
Marine Teknik Inc.
- Represented Nintendo in actions against an entity trading online in goods used for the circumvention of technological security measures against IP infringement for gaming consoles, bearing the Nintendo trade mark or offered for sale with the use of the Nintendo trade mark.
- Assisted the Motion Picture Licensing Company in concluding license agreements (also by way of enforcement actions) and advised on the possible scope of exploitation and licensing of the motion pictures by way of using copies already made available to the public and running the necessary cross checks on statutory licenses vs. lack of license.
- Assisted Start International Polska, a dubbing studio, in preparing templates of copyright and related rights acquisition agreements relating to multiple kinds of IP deliveries.
At LDS Lazewski Depo & Partners, Marek Lazewski and Michal Siciarek lead the team. The group is known for assisting with litigation strategies and for its work in pharmaceutical patent litigation, copyright and trade mark enforcement. In addition, it handles validations of European patents, renewals, filing operations and the policing of portfolios. The practice acts for clients from the oil and gas, luxury goods, food and retail sectors, among others.
Marek Lazewski; Michal Siciarek
‘Excellent, knowledgeable team (especially good for SPC – supplementary protection certificate – cases and advice on litigation also). Clear advice. Prompt and responsive.’
‘LDS is our go-to patent firm in Poland. They are the obvious choice in Poland. Absolutely brilliant and second to none. Their approach is pragmatic and commercial, and they converse very well in English.’
‘I would like to specifically mention two individuals in LDS Lazewski Depo & Partners: Marek Lazewski who steps in in situations of particular difficulty and always finds an idea to solve the issue. The problems I faced him with were of various type: personal, strategic, financial, and he never failed with advice. The second individual I want to mention is Michal Nejman who is in charge of our most important patents. He is a chemist and his involvement in the patent procedure made the experience not only a learning experience for me but also he stands behind the patents that we obtained. What is equally important, both Marek Lazewski and Michal Nejman, are always available.’
‘Marek Lazewski is an experienced and pragmatic litigator.’
UAB „SCT Lubricants”
Medical University of Warsaw
- Represented the trademark owner, UAB „SCT Lubricants”, in the invalidity proceedings instituted by Wolf Oil Corporation N.V. The proceedings are currently pending before the Supreme Administrative Court following the cassation complaint filed by Wolf Oil Corporation N.V.
- Acted for Aiwa Corporation in opposition proceedings against the national trade mark application No. Z.486037 “AIWA” of AIWA CO., LTD in Poland.
- Acted for Medical University of Warsaw in the prosecution of patent applications.
Lesnodorski, Slusarek & Partners
Maciej Ślusarek and Maciej Kubiak lead the IP team at Lesnodorski, Slusarek & Partners. The practice is known for assisting clients with the acquisition of rights to use work subject to copyrights, industrial property matters, trade marks, patents and utility designs. The group acts for a number of players active in the audio-visual sector, as well as companies in the marketing and advertising industry.
Maciej Ślusarek; Maciej Kubiak
‘Fast delivery and willing to support’.
‘Maciej Kubiak is strong in his legal argumentation and negotiation’.
Nencki Institute of Experimental Biology
Burda Media Polska Sp. z o.o.
AGO ESPORT Sp. z o.o.
Helix Immuno-Oncology S.A. Sp. z o.o.
The 'very responsive' team at specialist IP firm Patpol Legal is led by Dariusz Piróg. The group handles litigation, anti-counterfeiting and parallel import cases, and also assists with the violation of rights, unfair competition, copyright and the transfer of industrial property. The practice has a strong reputation regarding anti-counterfeit matters and has established a significant number of border detentions programmes for clients.
‘The case we worked with this law firm inter alia concerned trademark infringement (and claims based on unfair competition law) for stirring machines and accessories. It was a very complex matter (comprising various separate court proceedings and out of court measures) due to the difficult legal questions, but also due to the history between the parties.
‘We very much enjoyed working with this law firm, because they were very responsive, gave clear advice and had a very reliable estimation of the chances of success of the initiated legal measures. Obviously, these are factors that will be appreciated by in-house peers! ’
‘Very responsive team, thorough analysis and solid advice.’
‘Very responsive individuals who provide thorough analysis and solid advice.’
‘Patpol is very strong for trademark litigation and enforcement. They give good, clear advice.’
Bestway Inflatables & Material Corp.
Xerox Corporation and Xerox Polska Sp. z o.o.
Global Marketing Enterprise (Yookidoo)
Harman International Inc.
- Advised Harman on a new IP protection strategy, which entails intensifying legal efforts on parallel import issues in Poland using both civil and penal law measures.
- Acted for Seiko in cases concerning parallel import of goods, in particular watches, marked with trade marks of which Seiko is the proprietor.
- Acted for Xerox Corporation and Xerox Polska in cases including parallel import of goods, exhaustion of trade mark rights and the burden of proof.
Tech law expert Justyna Wilczyńska-Baraniak leads the IP team at EY Law. The group advises on strategic brand protection and enforcement matters and is particularly well known for its work in digital infringement. The team also assists with IP issues issues at the intersection with GDPR, the Network and Information Security Directive, ENISA standards and customs protection (including EU Trade marks and Registered Community Design).
Instytut Łączności – Państwowy Instytut Badawczy
Spar Group Ltd.
- Represented Spar Group Ltd. in litigation proceedings concerning SPAR trade marks and alleged unfair competition claims.
- Represented Fitbit in a multi-jurisdictional case concerning 1,000 stolen electronic devices.; the resulting enforcement action led to the identification of the source and saw distribution blocked within the EU market.
JWP Patent & Trademark Attorneys sp.k.
The IP group at JWP Patent & Trademark Attorneys sp.k. is led by 'excellent patent attorney' Dorota Rzazewska, 'standout' individual Tomasz Grucelski and life sciences expert Piotr Godlewski. The group advises clients active in industries including fashion, furniture, food and agriculture on strategic and transactional IP matters as well as portfolio management and litigation. The team regularly represents clients before the Polish and European Patent Offices. Magdalena Maksimowska is another key name to note.
Dorota Rzazewska; Tomasz Grucelski; Piotr Godlewski; Magdalena Maksimowska
Other key lawyers:
‘They provide a highly commercial offering – they don’t just focus on the legal issues, but consider possible alternatives and offer a commercial opinion. They explain things thoroughly. They are efficient and highly responsive‘.
‘The strengths of JWP Patent & Trademark Attorneys are:- a diverse team in terms of specialization and competence, which allows for conducting complex cases in a team of specialists – employees presenting a very high level of substantive knowledge and experience in dealing with customers- specialization of the law firm in niche areas where few law firms provide legal assistance, including in the aviation sector, video gaming, Fintech.‘
‘We have worked with JWP for over five years. During this period, they act as very high-quality attorneys for us, putting forth to our client the best way to proceed effectively. They provide excellent service, offering comprehensive support in the area of intellectual property protection and management in Poland and abroad.‘
‘I have worked primarily with Tomasz Grucelski on a couple of matters for two high profile clients. I have a good relationship with Tomasz, and consider him to be stand out. He is highly technical, fully on top of the matter and highly responsive. He explains the matters and progress/next steps fully which makes it easy for me to update the clients – fundamentally, he makes my job much easier!‘
‘The main thing to mention is the management team of JWP, including managing partner, Ms. Dorota Rzazewska as well as Mr. Piotr Godlewski, and Mr. Tomasz Grucelski. Their communication style makes people feel comfortable and assured‘.
‘The managing partner of JWP Patent & Trademark Attorneys, Dorota Rżążewska, presents the highest professional standards both as an excellent patent attorney and manager. She is constantly improving her qualifications, she is an active person promoting the protection of intellectual property, a partner supporting the development of new staff and building the future of the firm on it‘.
‘We highly recommend Dorota Rzążewska who is dynamic, responsive and knows all the IP files very well. We have worked with her on IP strategy files, files concerning the rules of our respective professions as well as on the UPC. She specialises in matters of comprehensive intellectual and industrial property protection and unfair competition, conducted before both common and administrative courts as well as customs authorities‘.
CD Projekt S.A.
Polfa Tarchomin S.A.
Nutropharma sp. z o.o.
ADAMED PHARMA S.A.
Gerda sp. z o.o.
Smithfield Polska sp z o.o. /Animex Foods Sp z o.o.
Promatic Group sp z o.o.
INTERMAG sp. z o.o.
Sevroll-System sp. z o.o.
Astin Sp. z o.o.
Balex Metal Sp z o.o.
Amocarat sp z o.o.
Mactronic sp z o.o. sp. k.
Zenner Poland sp. z o.o.
Europejski Fundusz Leasingowy S.A.
Biogradex Holding sp zo.o.
Neel sp zo.o.
Centre for Technology Transfer CITTRU
RKKW – Kwasnicki, Wrobel & Partners
The IP practice at RKKW – Kwasnicki, Wrobel & Partners is led by commercial law expert Aneta Pankowska. The group assists clients from the media, IT, food, cosmetics and automotive sectors with matters relating to trade marks, patents, industrial design, copyright protection, unfair competition and the protection of personal data.
‘Comprehensive legal assistance to companies. Full service business focused advice and legal representation to clients on business issues, litigation and dispute resolution. Comprehensive services in the field of IP and Contract Law. Very quick and complete response to inquiries.’
‘Very competent lawyers.’
SpeedUp Management sp. z o.o.
Merxu sp. z o.o.
Amwin sp. z o.o. sp.k.
Towarzystwo Muzyczne im. Henryka Wieniawskiego
Q&A Communications sp. z o.o. sp.k.
Maciejka Footwear sp. z o.o. sp.k.
Hanka-Invest sp. z o.o.
AdMayer sp. z o.o.
- Advised SpeedUp Management on the IP aspects of investments in enterprises in the early stage of development (new technologies, including AI).
- Acting for Currency One in a case involving the use of its company name as keywords in web positioning.
- Advising Paulina Smaszcz-Kurzajewska on creating and assessing solutions in the field of intellectual property law.
SMM Legal's IP team is known for advising clients in the energy, R&D, telecoms, banking and healthcare industries. Led by disputes expert Rafał Sikorski, the practice is particularly well known for handling matters connected to industrial property law and unfair competition. Notably, the firm stands out for having developed a procedure for resolving disputes arising from infringements by exhibitors participating in trade fairs, which addresses the needs of clients who cannot secure interim court injunctions due to the temporal nature of such events.
National Centre for Research and Development (NCRD)
Międzynarodowe Targi Poznańskie (MTP Poznań EXPO)
Stockmeier Chemia Sp. z o.o. sp.k.
Giełda Papierów Wartościowych S.A.
Coventry University Higher Education Corporation
Telewizja Polska S.A.
- Advising MPT Group on implementing IP projects to streamline IP disputes for exhibitors.
- Assisting Coventry University Higher Education with the establishment of a Polish campus for a foreign university in Poland (Wrocław).
- Advised the National Centre for Research and Development on a pre-commercial procurement procedure for R&B works regarding “e-Van – electrically propelled universal N1 category delivery vehicle”.
The IP practice at Taylor Wessing Poland acts for clients in industries including gaming, e-commerce, energy, telecoms, healthcare and food. Led by internet trade marks expert Przemysław Walasek, the team handles both contentious and non-contentious work, advising on the infringement of rights, licensing arrangements and domain name disputes. Senior associates Agnieszka Sztoldman and Marcin Przybysz are key names for industrial design and online gaming matters, respectively.
Other key lawyers:
Agnieszka Sztoldman; Marcin Przybysz
‘TW Poland operates a strong intellectual property practice that has a practical approach to legal matters. The lawyers in the IP team understand their clients needs, and are always trying to find the best solution for their clients.’
‘Agnieszka Sztoldman has assisted us in contentious trademark matters. She is very time efficient, easy to work with and provides spot-on advice.’
‘Przemyslaw Walasek is an approachable but knowledgeable partner, who is always willing to go the extra mile for this clients’.
‘Marcin Przybysz is a rising star who increasingly handles complex matters on his own‘.
‘Very competent, always on time, creative in searching for solutions.’
‘Przemyslaw Walasek – extremely reliable, very knowledgeable, integrity, with strong a attitude of social responsibility.’
‘Very time efficient, easy to work with and provides spot-on advice.’
Perrigo Company PLC
Leadership Academy for Poland
Adamed Pharma (Adamed Group)
SYNTEO HOLDING AB
Alois Dallmayr Kaffee oHG
BrandLoyalty Special Promotions B.V.
- Advised ByteDance (TikTok) on the legal aspects concerning marketing activities on social media regarding the popular TikTok social application.
- Acted for Alois Dallmayr Kaffee in a matter related to a prominent trade mark dispute with one of the biggest supermarket chains in Poland.
- Advised Adamed Pharma, a major top-tier pharmaceutical company in Poland (enlisted into the National Champions List) on entering into a key collaboration agreement.
At Wolf Theiss, the IP team is led by Marcin Rudnik. The group advises on settlement negotiations, competition law and domain name recovery. Notably, clients can also benefit from its expertise in protection strategies, an area in which it can both evaluate and structure M&A deals incorporating technology and IP assets. The firm's client portfolio includes key players from the life sciences (pharmaceuticals and biotech), technology, consumer goods and online gaming sectors.
‘Very good team, competent giving the client comprehensive information about the case. You can tell there is a good organisational culture and team spirit from the way the WolfTheiss team works and cooperates with the client.‘
‘Competent, offering the client more than is usually expected, task-oriented.‘
Foundation “Czerwone Noski” Klown w Szpitalu
ALSO Holding AG
- Advised the NGO Foundation “Czerwone Noski” Klown w Szpitalu on a pro bono basis in relation to a trademark infringement case
- Advised ALSO Holding AG, one of the leading providers of ICT distribution, solutions and services in Europe, in connection with the acquisition of the enterprise of ABC Data S.A., ABC Data Marketing Sp. z o.o. along with the transfer of shares in ABC Data’s subsidiaries in Europe.