Insurance in Pakistan
FGE Ebrahim Hosain
The team at FGE Ebrahim Hosain has a broad range of experience in all aspects of insurance, from advising on the legal and regulatory framework for doing business locally through to advising on insurance policies and insurance claims. It is also skilled at representing companies in the Superior Court of Pakistan and before the Securities and Exchange Commission and the Federal Insurance Ombudsman. Khwaja Hosain, Shabnam Noorali and Furkan Ali head the knowledgeable team, which acts for many major insurance companies.
Khwaja Hosain; Shabnam Noorali; Furkan Ali
Kuwait Real Estate Company Limited
Tourism Promotion Services Pakistan
Associated Biscuits International Limited
Arabtec Pvt Limited
Tourism Promotion Service
Novo Nordisk Pakistan
Port Qasim Authority
Chubb Insurance Pakistan Limited
- Advising Zurich Insurance on various cross-border insurance matters.
- Advised Chubb Insurance Pakistan in relation to the distribution of insurance products via Mobilink Microfinance Bank Limited (MMBL) to all users of the Jazz mobile network who have a JazzCash account with MMBL.
- Advised Chubb Insurance Pakistan on what constitutes ‘insurable interest’ in accident insurance policies for drivers and passengers using Uber services in Pakistan.
- Advised ride-hailing app company Careem on various aspects of providing insurance coverage to Careem’s drivers through technology-based distribution channels.
Surridge & Beecheno has a strong track record of providing advice on both contentious and non-contentious insurance matters to major domestic and foreign clients. Senior partner Khalid Rehman is highly regarded.
Other key lawyers:
AHM & Co
AHM & Co is an emerging force in the insurance market in Pakistan. Its strength lies in litigation and dispute resolution and it has a dedicated team that handles insurance disputes, transactions and regulatory compliance issues. Other areas of expertise include advising on reinsurance matters. Adam Hassan Malik heads the team and routinely advises on all aspects of insurance matters for major corporate and insurance clients.
Adam Hassan Malik
‘Young, easygoing and energetic team. 24/7 availability for advice and updates on different cases‘
Pak Qatar Family Takaful Limited
Pak Qatar General Takaful Limited
The Chancellor Overseas
Maliktech (Private) Limited
MCB Bank Limited
Pak Qatar Investment (Private Limited)
All Pakistan Stainless Steel Importer’s Association
Pak Qatar Holding (Pvt) Limited
Qatar Group (Pvt) Limited
Pak Qatar Investment Management Company
- Representing Munich Re in an insurance case in which the insured sought a declaration for the cancellation of a Munich Re reinsurance agreement with New Jubilee Insurance (now Jubilee Life Insurance).
- Advising Pak-Qatar Family Takaful on a challenge to the imposition of an advertising tax on an insurance company.
- Represented various insurance companies and a director in defending the appointment of the director to the board of these insurance companies.
- Advised various insurance companies on obtaining permission for obtaining reinsurance outside Pakistan.
- Advised an insurance company on the introduction of individual health coverage policies.
Haidermota & Co Advocates is an up-and-coming insurance advisory firm with a dedicated team of insurance lawyers who advise on conventional insurance activities as well as takaful services in Pakistan. The team advises some major insurers on contractual and regulatory matters both locally and internationally. It is also skilled at advising on insurance brokerage and agency relationships and on the structuring of insurance and reinsurance arrangements. Khozem Haidermota, Mohammad Anwer and Jahanzeb Awan are well regarded.
- Has a retainer agreement with a major insurance company to advise on various matters.
- Advised a major insurance company on the introduction of a wellness programme in Pakistan through shared value insurance products.
Orr, Dignam & Co. advises on various insurance and regulatory matters. It routinely advises clients on insurance contracts and on litigation stemming from these insurance contracts. The team is also skilled at advising clients on the implications of terrorism-related claims.