Insurance in Pakistan
FGE Ebrahim Hosain advises on all aspects of insurance from advising on the legal and regulatory framework through to insurance policies and insurance claims. The team is also recommended for its representation of companies in the Superior Court of Pakistan and the Securities and Exchange Commission as well as the Federal Insurance Ombudsman. Key members of this first-rate team include Khwaja Hosain, Shabnam Noorali and Furkan Ali who all act for many insurance companies.
AHM & Co
With Adam Hassan Malik at the helm at AHM & Co the dedicated team is well placed to advise on all aspects of insurance matters. It frequently handles insurance disputes and transactions and advises on regulatory compliance as well as on reinsurance matters. The team has a strong track record of representing insurance companies before the Superior Courts, in insurance tribunals, at the Federal Insurance Ombudsman as well as other bodies such as the Securities Exchange Commission of Pakistan. Saadat Ali Saeed was promoted to the partnership.
Other key lawyers:
‘Insurance is the strongest suit of the team at AHM & Co team. The lawyers are up to date with regulatory changes, courts’ interpretation and recent developments around the globe. If I have to highlight the key features of the team, it would be dedication and unparalleled industry know how‘.
‘Adam Malik is a stand-out partner in the insurance domain. Adam is very professional and extremely through and has an eye for detail‘.
‘Barrister Adam Malik is very sound on insurance matters and the insurance laws are at his finger tips, we can discuss and take advice from him over the phone (in case of urgency) he can always quote the relevant laws and guide us on the right way to proceed‘.
‘AHM & Co has a good command and knowledge of insurance practices in Pakistan. Adam Malik works very professionally. He has a good knowledge of insurance ordinance, Takaful Rules and other applicable laws and rules related to insurance in Pakistan‘.
‘The firm is extremely cooperative and timely in sharing updates on cases. It is responsive on queries and makes the process of working with the firm extremely smooth‘.
‘Adam Hasan has been a pleasure to work with due to his timely responses and availability to support where required. Adam is also extremely helpful in explaining concepts where required‘.
Pak Qatar Family Takaful Limited
Pak Qatar General Takaful Limited
Adamjee Life Assurance Co Ltd
Crescent Star Insurance Limited
Pak Qatar Investment (Private) Limited
Qatar Group Limited
The Chancellor Overseas
- Representing an insurance company before the Sindh High Court in winding up proceedings that have been filed by a creditor.
- Advising an insurance company on the process of surrendering its insurance license and representing it before the SECP in connection with ‘show cause’ notices.
- Challenged the jurisdiction and the powers of the Federal Insurance Ombudsman to adjudicate on complaints of various policy holders in a case before the High Court in Islamabad and Lahore .
The insurance practice at Kilam Law is led by Ali Ibrahim who is experienced in advising on contentious and non-contentious insurance matters. The team is adept at advising insurance companies on the regulatory framework under the auspices of the Securities and Exchange Commission in Pakistan. In addition Ibrahim frequently represents insurance companies in ‘show cause’ notices and the appeals of any such notices. His work spans both conventional insurance products as well as Takaful insurance.
Towers & Hamlins LLP (London)
EFU General Insurance Company Limited
United Insurance Company of Pakistan Limited
Century Insurance Company Limited
SPI Insurance Limited
- Representing the United Insurance Company of Pakistan Limited in a Rs.200m insurance guarantee dispute before the Securities & Exchange Commission of Pakistan and the National Accountability Bureau, Quetta, Balochistan.
- Representing the United Insurance Company of Pakistan Limited in a Rs.5bn insurance guarantee dispute before the Civil Court and the Court of Additional District & Sessions Judge, Lahore.
- Representing EFU General Insurance Company Limited in an appeal that is pending before the Lahore High Court, that was filed against an order of the Insurance Tribunal, Faisalabad in a fire insurance claim -the value of the claim is Rs.50m.