Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant in Northern Ireland
McCartan Turkington Breen
McCartan Turkington Breen focuses on representing claimants in the full range of personal injury and clinical negligence cases, covering RTA, work-related accident and illness, birth injury, and incorrect diagnosis claims, among many other areas. The experienced team includes Viv Harty, Stephen Clarke and consultant Ernie Telford.
The 'efficient' and 'reliable' team at Thompsons NI Solicitors has particular strength in representing trade union clients. The firm covers a wide range of personal injury cases, with a particular focus on accidents at work and occupational disease claims, including noise-induced hearing loss and asbestos-related illnesses, as well as brain injuries. The team also has a growing clinical negligence workload. Oonagh McClure leads the practice.
Other key lawyers:
‘The team is very professional and efficient and provides comprehensive updates on a regular basis.‘
‘The whole team has outstanding qualities. Advice and explanations in cases are delivered in easily understood language.‘
‘All the solicitors are ethical, professional, efficient and friendly.‘
‘The strength of the firm is the experience and knowledge of the solicitors in the proper investigation and preparation of personal injury claims. It is with a number of other firms on the “top rung” in this jurisdiction.‘
‘The solicitors and office staff are always efficient and well prepared, and seem to have a very good client rapport.‘
- Settled a personal injury claim for a staff nurse injured by an aggressive patient brought onto the ward from A&E.
- Acting for a painter and decorator who was injured while at work on premises in Newry, County Down.
- Representing a firefighter who was injured in an accident at work.
- Representing a podiatrist who was injured in an accident at work.
- Acting for a support worker at a centre for adults with severe intellectual disabilities who was injured by one of the service users.
Worthingtons has a 'professional practice with a great reputation'; the team is particularly noted for its strength in clinical negligence claims, especially relating to neonatal and maternal injuries. The team also handles a range of personal injury work. The Newtownards-based team is led by managing partner Ciaran McConnell; Nikki McConnell, who specialises in birth injuries resulting in complex brain damage; and newly promoted partner Claire McDaid.
Nikki McConnell; Ciaran McConnell; Claire McDaid
Other key lawyers:
‘The service I received from Worthingtons could not be better in any way.‘
‘Claire McDaid does more for the client than is strictly required.‘
‘Worthingtons is a very approachable, friendly, competent and professional practice to deal with. You are made to feel welcome and valued.‘
‘Nikki McConnell is always approachable and explains matters and all the legal jargon in plain English.‘
‘The team is wide-awake, dynamic, completely informed, and engagingly friendly but totally professional.‘
‘Nikki McConnell and Jonathan Duncan are on top of their game – they are competent, informed, and efficient.‘
‘Claire McDaid is extremely efficient. She doesn’t over-promise and sets realistic expectations.‘
- Representing an individual in a complex cerebral palsy action.
- Representing an individual in a complex case relating to a baby who sustained non-accidental brain injuries.
- Acting for an individual in a claim relating to the failure to diagnose cancer.
- Representing an individual in a complex birth injury case.
- Acting for an individual in a claim over a surgical error.