Hassans' market-leading TMT practice is primarily centred on the fintech and gaming sectors. Its first-rate team includes Anthony Provasoli, who has a 'well-established reputation', and assists clients with blockchain, cryptocurrency and distributed ledger technology (DLT) licence applications. Provasoli jointly leads the group with Vikram Nagrani, who is active in corporate transactions and commercial projects. Peter Montegriffo QC heads up the gaming practice.
TMT in Gibraltar
- Advising Red Tiger on its establishment in Gibraltar and application for a B2B remote gaming licence.
- Advising SBTech on its licence application, establishment in Gibraltar and ongoing regulatory support.
- Advised RockCyph3r Fund PCC Limited on becoming the first approved and regulated Crypto Fund in Gibraltar. The Fund is structured as a multi-cell Protected Cell Company (PCC) and is regulated as an Experienced Investor Fund (EIF).
Triay & Triay 's multidisciplinary team provides 'very straightforward advice' to a wide variety of clients, including payment service providers, social media companies, gaming companies and fintech start-ups. It handles a multitude of commercial and regulatory matters, such as corporate structuring, licensing and compliance, data protection and cyber-security. The group also has expertise in financial services regulation. Jay Gomez ,Javi Triay and Joseph E Triay are recommended.
‘Javi Triay and Jay Gomez are extremely knowledgeable about the fintech industry, including cryptocurrency, DLT and ICOs. They are well positioned due to their good visibility in the local market and key positions on advisory boards, such as Gibraltar Association of New Technologies.’
‘Javi Triay and Jay Gomez show integrity in their dealings with clients, provide good, sound advice and work hard to provide a good service.’
‘Very straightforward advice to clients in the fintech and technology sectors‘.
Easy Payment Gateway
- Assisting Wirex with an initial exchange offering structured out of Gibraltar.
- Assisted Red Ribbon Strategic Fund with the establishment of its crypto fund in Gibraltar and its listing on the Gibraltar Stock Exchange.
At ISOLAS LLP, Steven Caetano is a regular adviser to a number of Gibraltar-licensed online gaming companies on matters such as e-commerce/site content, intellectual property, technology and regulatory compliance. Other key areas of focus are blockchain, DLT and cryptocurrency-related issues. Joey Garcia and Adrian Pilcher are also recommended, as is senior partner Peter Isola.