Leveraging the bench strength of offices in Paris, Lyon, Marseille, Bordeaux and Rennes (in addition to locations in Beijing and Shanghai), Adaltys Avocats brings expertise to advising renewable energy sector clients, public entities, airports and corporates in tech. In Lyon and Paris, firm president Gilles Le Chatelier, a concessions and procurement specialist, assists with large-scale hydroelectric projects. Other key figures include Benjamin Boiton in Marseille, who manages complex matters involving EU state aid rules and airport energy transformations; Xavier Heymans in Bordeaux, who focuses on urban and environmental law, real estate and construction; and Lucie Paitier in Rennes, who is an expert in public sector law. Edouard Lemoalle joined from FIDAL in September 2022 and Marjorie Schnell arrived from Ten France Bordeaux in May 2022.
The regions in France
Gilles Le Chatelier
Other key lawyers:
Benjamin Boiton; Xavier Heymans; Lucie Paitier; Edouard Lemoalle; Marjorie Schnell
EDF, Enedis, Électricité de Strasbourg
OFS Foncière Solidaire du Grand Lyon
SPL Part Dieu
Paris Saint-Germain Football Club
Compagnie Nationale du Rhône (CNR)
- Assisting Engie subsidiary CNR on renewable energy projects, including a photovoltaic project a hydrogen electrolyser project in Pierre-Benite in partnership with Engie.
- Assisting the community land trust Fonciere Solidaire Du Grand Lyon, in its change of status from an association to a cooperative society, in order to produce 1000 social housings/year until 2026.
- Representing EDF, Enedis and Electricité de Strasbourg alongisde several hundred photovoltaic producers claiming damages and interests following the application of the photovoltaic moratorium (9/2/10) aimed at putting an end to tariffs becoming speculative.
The multidisciplinary team at the Lyon office of global firm Bird & Bird assists a wide client base operating across the greater Rhone-Alps region including venture capital funds, start-ups, in addition to major corporates in software, packaging, healthcare, tobacco and manufacturing. Headed by David Malcoiffe, a corporate and tax law specialist who advises on M&A and LBO transactions, the group also has expertise in IP, information technology, dispute resolution, competition and regulatory matters. Also working out of the Paris office, Yves Bizollon handles patent litigation and Géraldine Arbant navigates complex brand management and trademark issues. Anne-Florence Raducault focuses on dispute resolution and risk prevention strategies.
Other key lawyers:
Yves Bizollon; Géraldine Arbant; Anne-Florence Raducault
Eight Roads Ventures
Tata Consultancy Services
OMV System France
ABB Power Grids
Philip Morris International
- Advising Evolem, lead investor, in the owner buyout (OBO) of ACOEM Group along with the minority investment of Ixo Private Equity and Idia Capital Investissement.
- Assisting Salesforce in France with litigation matters, in its labor relations with the CSE and the unions, in conducting internal investigations, disciplinary cases, etc.
- Representing ABB Power Grids, one of the leading companies in the field of power grids, in a major cross-border patent infringement action against Grid Solutions (GE) relating to a EURO 300m contract awarded by TERNA Rete and RTE (Réseau de Transport d’Electricité) to Grid Solutions for the construction of two High Voltage Direct Current (HDVC) converter stations for the transmission of current between France and Italy.
Specialists in business, tax and public law with a practice spanning the Greater South East and Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes regions, the experienced team at CMS Francis Lefebvre in Lyon advises private individuals and small, medium and large-sized companies across such sectors as food, waste management, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, real estate and life sciences. Key figures include François Coutard, Jean-Thomas Heintz, who handles M&A, the implementation of joint ventures and project operations, and Laurent Romano, who focuses on competition, health and distribution law. Guilaume Bossy has strength in employment litigation and social protection law.
François Coutard; Jean-Thomas Heintz; Laurent Romano
‘A complete and very creative firm. They have a very rich 360-degree view.’
‘Empathetic and responsive lawyers.’
‘Very strong responsiveness. Ability to understand the challenges of our company’s businesses.’
Aeroports de Lyon
Bai (Blue Altitude Invest)
- Represented Benta, a French pharmaceutical manufacturer, in a dispute with a laboratory, following the sudden termination of commercial relations after 12 years of collaboration.
- Reviewed and assessed for Immerialys a contractual scheme in the perspective of development of the property trading network.
- Advised pasta producer Ebro Group on the sale of its French subsidiary Panzani.
With four regional offices (in Bordeaux, Paris, Lille and, most recently, Biarritz), the team at Delcade provides a one-stop-shop for financial institutions and corporates across such sectors as energy, healthcare, pharmaceuticals, real estate and cosmetics. Headed in Bordeaux by co-founder and M&A and private equity specialist Benoit Lafourcade and tax law expert Fabrice Delouis, the firm's full service covers area ranging from corporate law, IP and information technology to employment, competition law, restructuring, real estate and life sciences. Several new partners joined the firm in 2022, including Marie Sanchez, Corentin Boutignon, and Pierre-Antoine Dubecq from Coblence Avocats.
Benoit Lafourcade; Fabrice Delouis
‘It is a very professional team with great knowledge of French law and very efficient. Responses are prompt and concise. It has been easy working with them.’
‘Each one of the team members is committed to the project, it shows that they are involved with the client. Their knowledge is very good and they are agile in their responses.’
BFCOI (Banque Française Commerciale Océan Indien)
- Advised Unikalo, a painting producer in France, in relation to the acquisition of a production site operated by BBF Fabrications in Cestas, near Bordeaux.
- Advised I2S, an integrated vision company located in Pessac (near Bordeaux), in the context of the sale of its distribution activity to Basler AG, a transaction which involved an asset contribution and the negotiation of a joint venture agreement.
With offices in Paris and Lyon, Delsol Avocats employs deep bench strength to advise investment funds, not-for-profits, private equity management firms, as well as corporates active in the areas of jewellery, computer science, retail, digital farming, healthcare and transport, on a comprehensive range of matters. Led by co-head of corporate law Emmanuel Kaeppelin in Lyon, the firm's expertise ranges from advice on social entrepreneurship, IP and M&A to employment law, tax, restructuring, real estate, public law and information technology. Founder and co-head of the non-profit organisations department Xavier Delsol (also based in Lyon) has experience in non-profit taxation, tourism law and sports law.
Other key lawyers:
‘Emmanuel Keppelin stands out for his skills, responsiveness and advice in the context of private equity transactions.’
“2050” investment fund
Ixo Private Equity / Idia Capital Investissement
- Advised Holnest on the exclusive negotiations with Eagle Football Holdings in the perspective of the acquisition by the latter of a majority stake in OL Groupe, followed by a simplified public purchase offer.
- Assisted the “2050” investment fund in the legal structuring of the resources and governance of a non-profit entity (“2050.Commons”) dedicated to the financing of open strategic resources, backed by an evergreen fund.
- Advised the fund Rhône-Alpes PME (Siparex group) on the acquisition of a majority stake in the Lyon-based SMB, Clic’issimo.
FIDAL marshals the bench strength of 86 offices within 12 regional head offices in Aquitaine Atlantique, Normandie, Centre, Bourgogne Franche-Comté, Hauts de France, Rhône Alpes, Méditerranée, Grand Est, Val de Loire, Bretagne, Midi Toulousain and Paris, to advise on a diverse spectrum of matters. The firm’s departments include tax, which is led by Gaëlle Menu-Lejeune; employment, which is led by Stéphane Béal; corporate, where Mathilde Dubois and Alain François Cheneau are the key names; commercial law with IP/IT and distribution, which is headed by Philippe Vanni and Laurence Dreyfuss Bechmann; litigation, which is headed by Brigitte Petitdemange; private wealth, where Jean-François Desbuquois leads; and environment, which is overseen by Christophe Puel and Thibaut Geib.
Gaëlle Menu-Lejeune; Stéphane Béal; Mathilde Dubois; Alain-François Cheneau; Philippe Vanni; Laurence Dreyfuss Bechmann; Brigitte Petitdemange; Jean-François Desbuquois; Christophe Puel; Thibault Geib
Pwc Société d'Avocats
With offices in Paris, Bordeaux, Lille, Lyon, Marseille, Nantes, Strasbourg and Toulouse, Pwc Société d'Avocats continues to expand its offering, providing regional private equity funds, entrepreneurs and small and mid-sized private companies active in retail, wine, food, manufacturing, hospitality and real estate, with a comprehensive range of corporate, tax and employment law services. Tax partner Emmanuelle Veras, who heads the regional offices from Marseille, brings expertise to restructuring operations. Suzie Maillot in Bordeaux specialises in M&A in the wine sector. Simon Perrot in Lyon was promoted to tax partner in July 2022 and tax partner Franck David moved from Paris to the Strasbourg office in September 2022. Jacques Darbois left the firm in January 2022.
Other key lawyers:
Suzie Maillot; Franck David
- Assisted with tax structuring and tax due diligence for Bonduelle in relation to the disposal of the US subsidiary Bonduelle Americas Long Life to CDPQ
- Assisted Chantal and Philippe Miecaze in the context of the wine tourism development project of Château Léognan in Gironde.
Valoris Avocats, which has offices in Strasbourg, Paris and Lyon, continues to expand its offering, bringing strength to advising on high-value cross-border investments (particularly in Germany), and providing comprehensive corporate, commercial, labour and tax law services to clients across the real estate, manufacturing, leisure, renewables, pharmaceuticals and automotive sectors. In Strasbourg, founding partner Cécile Puijalon-Radu specialises in complex M&A, Florence Drevet-Wolff heads the labour law department, Luc Julien-Saint-Amand has experience in foreign trade and Annette Ludemann-Ober handles tax law issues. In Lyon, Xavier Duquenne serves as the firm’s global mobility leader and Oliver Wiesike manages the corporate and commercial end of the practice. In Paris, Guillaume Rubechi (also a founding partner) brings expertise to tax litigation. Also in Strasbourg, counsel Alice Enderlé facilitates business restructuring.
Cécile Puijalon-Radu; Luc Julien-Saint-Amand; Xavier Duquenne; Florence Drevet-Wolff; Guillaume Rubechi; Annette Ludemann-Ober; Oliver Wiesike
Other key lawyers:
URACA GmbH & Co. KG
LaSalle (Real Value Plus)
- Provided Bardusch with advice on corporate, tax and employment law matters.
- Providing DLSI with general corporate law support (board of directors, supervisory boards, general meetings, corporate governance).
- Providing LaSalle (Real Value Plus) with tax advice on a cross-border structuring for a real estate investment in France by a German investment fund.