Adaltys Avocats is a well established law firm, initially founded in Lyon which remains the firm’s core office with most of its practitioners based there, able to offer the full range of public and private law business expertise. The other key offices, listed by size, are in Paris, Bordeaux, Marseille and Rennes, all with a main focus on public law and litigation. The firm’s public law expertise ranks among the best in France. It also has two antennas in China, in Beijing and Shanghai.
The regions in France
Gilles Le Chatelier; Denis Santy; Xavier Heymans; Benjamin Boiton; Lucie Paitier
- Advising ENEDIS on regulatory law and litigation proceedings with local public entities and individuals regarding the installment of its Linky electric network management meter.
- Advised Métropole de Toulon on the signing of a new public transport procurement contract.
Bird & Bird is one of the few international business law firms to have a French office outside of Paris. In addition to its Parisian main implementation, the firm’s Lyon office gathers a substantial bench of professional, including several partners. The firm is able to provide the full range of business law expertise, including high-level IP expertise. It acts for various French and international corporations as well as local SMEs. David Malcoiffe manages the Lyon office.
Resolution Spectra System
Aeroport de Lyon
- Assisting Rainbow with its purchase, through a Management Buy-In (MBI), of clothing and athletic equipment brand Oxbow.
- Successfully represented Amgen before French courts in a IP patent dispute with Fresenius following the launch by the client of a new biosimilar product in Europe.
- Assisted Salesforce with their HR growth in France, implementation of policies and collective agreements, setting up of their staff representation, individual negotiations and litigation matters, as a panel firm on the EMEA panel of the client.
In addition to its main Paris base, CMS' Lyon office is among the largest firms implemented in the regional capital. The Lyon office counts a good number of partners and associates who provide business, tax and public law expertise to local SMEs, larger companies and subsidiaries of large French and international companies. The office is co-managed by François Coutard, Jean-Thomas Heintz, Laurent Romano and Pierre Devis. The firm's Strasbourg office is managed by Arnaud Gerardin.
François Coutard; Pierre Devis; Jean-Thomas Heintz; Laurent Romano; Arnaud Gerardin
Adecco Holding France
Fédération des Commerces spécialistes des Jouets et des Produits de l’Enfant
Scott Sport SA
- Representing ADECCO before court regarding a dispute with former employees relating to the implementation of collective redundancies.
- Assisted Terravent with the acquisition of the ‘Le Grand Champ’ wind farm located in the region ‘Pays de la Loire’ of France from BayWa r.e.
- Assisted BUT INTERNATIONAL with the structuring of purchasing agreements.
Originally founded in Nantes in 1972, Cornet Vincent Ségurel has built a strong network of regional offices with a presence in Rennes, Lille, Bordeaux and Lyon in addition to its major Parisian office. The firm acts for a wide range of clients, ranging from local SMEs to large corporations. Each office provides the full range of expertise in addition to various specialised expertise, such as the Bordeaux office's busy wine industry practice or the Lyon office's strong insurance law and new technologies focus. The Lille team advises leading mass retail brands.
- Advised Rossel on the acquisition of insolvent newspaper Paris-Normandie.
- Advised the banks on the financing of the acquisition of AB Process Ingénierie.
- Advised the banks on the acquisition of Piriou by its management (MBO).
Delcade ranks among Bordeaux' leading firms. The firm, which also has a base in Paris, provides the full range of expertise, spanning real estate, M&A, corporate, tax, employment, IP and public law. The regional firm also stands out by the fact that several of its partners are also members of a UK or US bar and have trained at leading law firms. French and international companies are clients. Corporate partner Benoît Lafourcade and tax partner Fabrice Delouis co-head the Bordeaux office.
Benoit Lafourcade; Fabrice Delouis
‘The team responds quickly and with comprehensive answers.’
‘High proficiency and professionalism from Hanan Chaoui in the field of commercial property leases.’
AG2R LA MONDIALE
PANORAMA ANTENNAS Ltd
SOUTH AFRICAN TOURISM
- Advised BORGWARNER on updating its transfer pricing documentation.
Delsol Avocats has its original office in Lyon and another strong base in Paris, each gathering about half of the firm's. It ranks among France's best independent mid-size market firms, with strong expertise in the full range of business law areas. It is also the leading expert in France in the non-profit sector, thanks to chairman Xavier Delsol. The firm also has an Italian desk.
Caisse des Dépôts et Consignations
Frénéhard & Michaux
Rhône-Alpes PME Gestion & Sofimac Régions
- Advised Frénéhard & Michaux on the acquisition of a majority stake in Gamesystem.
- Assisted F-CRIN members with clinical research and health data.
- Advised Capitem Partenaires on its transfer of shares to Novencia Group and to Mr. Arnaud Zilliox.
Ernst & Young Société d'Avocats
Ernst & Young Société d'Avocats is home a very high number of legal and tax experts, spread across the firm's eleven offices. The firm provides the full range of expertise in business law and is especially well known for its tax practice.
FIDAL has unmatched regional presence across the country through its 90 offices. The regional network is organised around twelve key regional offices located in the regions of Aquitaine Atlantique, Normandie, Centre, Bourgogne Franche-Comté, Hauts de France, Rhône Alpes, Méditerranée, Grand Est, Val de Loire, Bretagne, Midi Toulousain and Paris. The firm's headquarters is in Paris which also concentrates the largest team. Its global workforce is equally impressive and gathers over a thousand lawyers, allowing to provide the complete range of business law expertise to all types of clients, from the smallest to the largest companies.
François de Laâge de Meux; Christophe Puel; Serge Thumser; Christophe Mikolajczak; Sébastien Masson; Manuel Ardouin; François Bretonnière; Jean-Louis Stiquel; Alexandre Bron; Hugues Dubois; Gregory Olczak-Godefert; Jean-Godefroy Desmazières; Marie du Gardin; Christian Tura; Benoît Hertfelder; Didier Millot; Régis Petetin; Nicolas Feraud; Laurent Drillet; Manuella Fauvel; Patrick de Sequeira; Dominique Davodet; Patrice Graillat
Based in Paris and Lyon, employment law boutique Fromont Briens ranks among the best in its field at national level. The practice can draw on large resources. Among firms founded in the region, the firm is one of the few that have attained a truly leading national reputation.
Lamartine Conseil is a leading name on the market for small-cap private equity transactions, has its main base in Paris and a strong presence in Lyon and Aix-en-Provence. The regional offices offer the full range of business law expertise, spanning M&A, private equity, insolvency, litigation, labour law, tax as well as commercial, competition and distribution law expertise. In early 2020, the Lyon office welcomed Jérôme Cochet and his team of four associates, from Pwc Société d'Avocats. The firm also has an antenna in Bordeaux.
Stéphane Rodriguez; Cédric Sapede; Lionel Hanachowicz; Rémi Hanachowicz; Juli Degenève ; Jérôme Cochet; Clyve Monfredo; Lionel Weller; Benoît Philippe; Maryline Pic-Dehongher; Sophie Gsell
Captain Tortue Group
- Advised Polyplus on the acquisition of a stake in the company by Warburg Pincus.
- Advised Koden on the acquisition of C’Pro.
- Advised Korian on the acquisition of Groupe 5 Santé.
Oratio has developed a large network of offices in the western part of the country. It counts eleven offices with a particularly strong presence in Angers and Nantes followed by Cholet, Paris, La Rochelle, Saumur, Chartres, Le Mans, Tours, Montaigu and Lorient. The firm gathers a substantial bench and is a an independent member of the Baker Tilly international network. It offers the full range of business law expertise. Gilles Camphort in the Nantes and Angers office is the head of the firm.
‘High proficiency, adapted advice, sincere, business-oriented and close to us.’
Holding Bretonne des Casinos
VINCI ENERGIES INFRA OUEST
- Advising the founders on a fundraising for Vitrum Glass.
- Advising Groupe La Boucherie on its buyout of 78 restaurants ‘Poivre Rouge’.
- Advising the sellers/managers in the context of a sale (by way of transfer and contribution) of 100% of TIBBLOC’s capital to an investment fund (CICLAD).
Pwc Société d'Avocats
A member of PricewaterhouseCoopers International, Pwc Société d'Avocats counts nine offices in France. In addition to its main Paris base, the firm's eight regional offices house a large team located in Bordeaux, Grenoble, Lille, Lyon, Marseille, Nantes, Strasbourg and Toulouse. The firm provides the full range of business, tax and employment law expertise to SMEs and large corporations. Several offices also have regional specificities; such as maritime law in Marseille, wine law in Bordeaux, renewable energies law in Strasbourg, IP/IT in Strasbourg and Toulouse, and growth capital expertise, a new development at the Nantes office in 2020. Marseille's tax partner Emmanuelle Veras is the firm's key contact for its regional offices. Jérôme Cochet joined Lamartine Conseil at the beginning of 2020.
- Assisted Piriou with tax structuring and full legal M&A advice, including legal and tax due diligence, in the context of the reorganisation of its capital with the entry of new shareholders.
- Advised the Brachotte Family (owners of the Mapaero group) on the disposal of 100% of the MAPAERO group to AKZO NOBEL group.
- Advised Gaussin on the acquisition of Mettaliance.
One of France's most thriving independent law firms, Racine has built a significant regional network in addition to its main presence in Paris. Among its five regional offices, the Nantes office is the largest and offers the widest scope of business law expertise, followed by the Bordeaux office whose main focus is on insurance law. The Lyon office demonstrates particular strength in public law, construction and urban planning law and saw the promotion of Anthony Bichelonne to partner in 2020. The Marseille and Strasbourg offices provide a wide range of business law expertise. The firm also has an office in Brussels.
Deloitte’s entity Taj has a very big team, including a high number of partners spread out across the firm’s Paris, Bordeaux, Lille, Lyon, Marseille, Montpellier and Toulouse offices. The firm offers the complete range of expertise, including strong tax capabilities.
Valoris Avocats is a full-service business law firm with headquarters in Strasbourg. The firm, which also has secondary offices in Lyon and Paris, stands out for its particular know-how in the field of cross-border French-German work. Florence Drevet-Wolff, Luc Julien-Saint-Amand and Cécile Puijalon-Radu in Strasbourg, Xavier Duquenne in Lyon and Guillaume Rubechi in Paris co-head the team.
Florence Drevet-Wolff; Xavier Duquenne; Luc Julien-Saint-Amand; Cécile Puijalon-Radu; Guillaume Rubechi
Louis Dreyfus Company
Clauger – Aquair
Hanwha Q Cells
Amstein + Walthert