The practice at Alain Bensoussan-Avocats Lexing is one of the most well-established in the market and is formed of a multitude of specialist partners: the vastly experienced Alain Bensoussan co-leads the practice, alongside Jean-François Forgeron and Benoît De Roquefeuil, data protection and electronic communications specialist Frédéric Forster, digital litigation lawyer Virginie Bensoussan-Brulé and Jérémy Bensoussan. Bensoussan has significant experience advising the firm’s key clients on matters at the forefront of the sector, including artificial intelligence, as well as on issues of compliance and patentability. The practice also has impressive abilities providing support in AI-related matters, an example being its work with Blue Frog Robotics regarding the development of the first emotional robot made for commercial use. The litigation specialists in the team ably handle complex disputes involving issues including defamation and breach of contract.
Industry focus: IT and internet in France
Alain Bensoussan-Avocats Lexing
Alain Bensoussan; Jean-François Forgeron; Benoit de Roquefeuil; Frédéric Forster; Virginie Bensoussan-Brule; Jérémy Bensoussan
Other key lawyers:
Marie-Adélaïde de Montlivault-Jacquot; Alexandra Massaux; Raphaël Liotier
Blue Frog Robotics
Fédération des entreprises de propreté
Port du Havre
- Assisting a communication agency (a civil party) in the context of a defamation lawsuit against the creator of the “Balance your Agency” movement.
- Providing legal and strategic support to Blue Frog Robotics, the French start-up and developer of BUDDY.
- Defended an association in a case with a company dedicated to a software integration management project.
Technology and digital transformation specialist Mahasti Razavi; the ‘remarkable’ Florence Chafiol, who has strong advisory and litigious experience in the field, and expert in technology and consumer law Alexandra Berg-Moussa, lead the team at August Debouzy, which has a ‘well-earned reputation as a law firm with great experience in IT matters’. A considerable portion of the team’s workload has cross-border reach, with many matters wherein it advises internationally renowned clients including TotalEnergies Global on high-value acquisitions, digital transformation transactions and on the development and drafting of digital policy. Additionally, it regularly handles complex disputes relating to such issues as project failures. The May 2022 addition of senior counsel Marc Mossé, who was previously in a senior in-house role with a major technology company, has further bolstered the team. Counsel Nicolas Quoy is also noted.
Mahasti Razavi; Florence Chafiol; Alexandra Berg-Moussa
Other key lawyers:
Nicolas Quoy; Anne-Sophie Lampe; Stéphanie Lapeyre; Cen Zhang; Antoine Boullet; Marc Mossé
‘August Debouzy have the best attorneys with the most sophisticated legal advice and we are very happy with them. On top of their collaborative abilities, the team is very friendly and nice to work with, which is unique.’
‘Through the quality interactions, you feel the team’s desire to help in every conversation. They are an extraordinary group of human beings.’
‘August Debouzy have a well-earned reputation as a law firm with great experience in IT matters. Their IT group is composed of top-qualified lawyers, some of whom have worked for IT companies – their advice is very practical and not overly theoretical. The firm is big enough that they are able to pull in lawyers from other groups in order to render full picture advice on certain subject matters, which is very much appreciated.’
‘The lawyers in the IT Group at August Debouzy, including Nicolas Quoy, are very qualified, practical in their advice, know the world and environment of IT companies, and are therefore great advisers. They are quick to answer as they are fully aware of the fast paced nature of the IT business.’
‘The team’s exceptional qualities include its understanding of our business and our constraints; the fact that they are not just legal experts but they are also courteous, respectful of our commitments, available, have a high-quality of expertise and, above all, correspond appropriately to our needs and requests.’
‘Florence Chafiol is remarkable and accurate, she knows how to decide, advise and argue to support a side from start to finish – in her teams, Cen Zhang and Antoine Boullet in particular are very reliable and available; they know how to associate with other departments when needed. Stéphanie Lapeyre is also remarkable for her enthusiasm and precision. The whole team is modest and do not force your hand in any situation.’
New Suez (i.e., Consortium of investors incl. Meridiam, GIP, CDC Group and CNP Assurances)
Rohde & Schwarz
Cerberus / My Money Bank
TotalEnergies SE & TotalEnergies Global Procurement (TGP)
Qvest Media France
EDF et EDF Assurances
Philip Morris France
- Advising US private equity firm Cerberus (owner of MMB Group) on the acquisition of the retail banking activities in France of HSBC, in particular on all contractual, IP, IT, digital and data matters.
- Defending US software company Zuora in an IT expertise proceeding involving 8 parties; the claimant alleges that it has suffered over €26m in damages.
- Advising Technip Energies on the development and drafting of its digital policy on how to protect digital projects and their valuable components, through intellectual property rights.
Baker McKenzie‘s team has a strong reputation for its impressive work in both advisory and litigious IT work and is described as having ‘the most cutting-edge expertise on the market’. Its innovative practice involves advising on areas including gaming and entertainment, having notably assisted Embrace on its €2.75bn acquisition of Asmodee Group. The team is experienced in advising global players and longstanding clients on often cross-jurisdictional contractual negotiations, which can involve factors including the development and reshaping of software applications, and strategic purchasing matters. The practice has specialist expertise in the restructuring and renegotiation of complex IT projects. Rémy Bricard and Laurent Szuskin, anexpert in cross-border advisory and disputes work, are at the helm. Senior associate Marie-Catherine Ducharme provides additional support.
Rémy Bricard; Laurent Szuskin
Other key lawyers:
Christian Blomet; Magalie Dansac Le Clerc; Francis Donnat; Marie-Catherine Ducharme
‘The Baker McKenzie team in Paris offers the most cutting-edge expertise on the market, constant availability, and appropriate simplicity in exchanges.’
‘Francis Donnat, through his previous work for a large technology company and a public broadcasting company, can understand all points of view, which is extremely valuable for the cases he is called upon to manage. The relationship with Francis is easy and extremely rewarding.’
Crédit Agricole Group
- Advised Embracer Group on its strategic EUR 2.75 billion acquisition of Asmodee Group.
Bird & Bird’s practice is formed of specialists in IT and data protection, ably led by Stéphane Leriche, who is vastly experienced in handling traditional transactional matters and increasingly involved in digital innovation and transformation, including the cloud and data economy. The team is routinely instructed by clients including Orange SA and Mastercard on an array of complex and high-value deals, with a clear focus on fintech-related matters, which is Cathie-Rosalie Joly's particular area of expertise. The group also handles breach and termination of contract disputes in this space.
Other key lawyers:
Merav Griguer; Ariane Mole; Cathie-Rosalie Joly
Credit Mutuel Arkea
Mastercard / Vocal ink
BNP PARIBAS WEALTH MANAGEMENT
- Assisted Credit Mutuel Arkea and its subsidiary Arkea Banking Services in the structuring and negotiation of a major IT and business process outsourcing with MyMoneyBank.
- Assisting Oney bank regarding banking and financial regulatory and compliance matters, and on the drafting and the negotiation of payment services agreements.
- Assisted Orange concerning connected TV in applying the processing of personal data in the ADTECH sector and in defining the best practices with the stakeholders of the ADTECH supply chain.
Derriennic Associés' team, noted as having 'strong expertise in the IT and digital fields', is led by Francois-Pierre Lani, who is experienced in the field of new technologies, Pierre-Yves Margnoux, Georges Jenselme, Bruno Ducoulombier and Alexandre Fievee, who has expertise in AI and IT. Its workload ranges from representation in disputes regarding delays with the implementation of complex and large-scale technological systems or failure to fulfil a contractual obligation in this regard, to advising on the negotiation and formation of multi-jurisdictional contracts related to the implementation of technological software. Its clients are often major names spanning a range of industry sectors, including food, cosmetics and banking and finance.
François-Pierre Lani; Pierre-Yves Margnoux; Georges Jenselme; Bruno Ducoulombier; Alexandre Fievee
Other key lawyers:
‘A team of strong listeners, with great availability and responsiveness.’
‘François-Pierre Lani and Clara Payan have good knowledge of their files and of the IT sector in general.’
‘A team with excellent expertise in IT, digital and data services.’
Audioptic Trade Services (ATS)
Sopra Banking Software (ex. SAB)
Kühne + Nagel
BPCE / Natixis
La Banque Postale
- Advised a major cosmetics company in the context of a large-scale trial.
- Assisted a major company in the implementation of complex IT contracts.
- Advised a major industrial company on an audit.
Denise Lebeau-Marianna is at the helm of DLA Piper‘s IT practice, which is formed of ‘attentive, pragmatic and reactive experts’. Its competencies include advising its clients, frequently multinational or global corporations, on the full-range of TMT-related matters, including on the drafting and negotiation of related contracts, namely complex digital transformation works – Gregory Tulquois is the experienced head of the commercial contracts practice, and leads on data analytics and AI projects. In addition, the team has impressive abilities handling contentious technology matters, an area of expertise for Fabienne Panneau and Stéphane Lemarchand. Jonathan Rofé is an expert in outsourcing, with a particular focus on cloud and digital transformation.
Other key lawyers:
Gregory Tulquois; Fabienne Panneau; Stéphane Lemarchand; Jonathan Rofé
‘Very attentive, pragmatic and reactive experts in new technologies as well as law in the area.’
Plateforme des Données de Santé (Health Data Hub)
The team at Hogan Lovells (Paris) LLP is renowned for its regulatory expertise and is noted as ‘one of the key teams on the French market for IT’, often handling matters involving new technologies. The team leads have a wide array of competencies: TMT is covered by experts Etienne Drouard, who stands out for his ‘depth of experience’, and Mikael Salmela; disputes through experienced litigator Christine Gateau; privacy and cybersecurity through Patrice Navarro; and niche specialisms in the area of domain names thanks to David Taylor, who regularly advises multinational clients on the protection of well-known brands. The team ably handles a varied workload, including assisting noteworthy clients with the implementation of large-scale and high-value technological projects; advising on significant related contracts and negotiations; assisting with fintech and outsourcing cases; and handling high-value contentious matters.
Etienne Drouard; Christine Gateau; Patrice Navarro; Mikael Salmela; David Taylor
Other key lawyers:
Olga Kurochkina; Anaïs Ligot; Charlotte Le Roux
‘Hogan Lovells demonstrates unrivalled expertise in tech matters and platforms in particular, in light of their wide portfolio of clients in this sector. Their commercial and regulatory teams are extensive, so they always find bandwidth to answer their clients’ queries. Its ability to call on expertise across the firm makes life easier for the client.’
‘Christine Gateau is extremely knowledgeable in all kinds of regulatory and litigation matters, her advice is concrete and business-oriented and her instinct is almost always accurate. Her responsiveness is always much appreciated too. Mikael Salmela jumps on all kinds of commercial topics with energy and skilful advice.’
‘This firm has developed very specific expertise in new technologies, including IT, cyber security, the Cloud, AI and, of course, data. They also have expertise in terms of training which enabled us to co-build training courses with them for our employees.’
‘We appreciate working with Etienne Drouard, who is always ready to listen and has very specific knowledge in legal matters related to new technologies. He also brings a strategic and economic vision that allows us to develop a risk-based approach.’
‘One of the key teams on the French market for IT matters, including contractual matters, privacy and cybersecurity, with significant experience and expertise, pragmatism and responsiveness. Also great value!’
‘Partner Etienne Drouard is a key reference on the French market. His depth of experience, combined with his pragmatism, brings great value to complex IT situations. Associate Olga Kurochkina has demonstrated very hard work and responsiveness also.’
‘Etienne Drouard is able to mobilize urgently with his own expertise, backed by his experience. He has an open approach and is concerned with understanding my needs and providing appropriate recommendations for my organization. Anaïs Ligot is also strong in her approach, with very clear and strong opinions.’
‘The team led by Etienne Drouard has an exceptional ability to support in an IT crisis such as a cyber attack. He has key skills both in legal and insurance risk funds and also in crisis management, with an unparalleled knowledge of the regulations on the protection of personal data with a useful and effective pragmatic vision.’
Facebook (becoming “Meta”)
Aéroports de Lyon
Bristol Myers Squibb
The team at CMS Francis Lefebvre is equipped to advise its significant and longstanding client base on complex regulatory matters, in particular. The group assists with the drafting and negotiation of IT contracts, advises on the day-to-day operations and launching of innovative services involving e-commerce, digital platform regulation and consumer law issues, and handles the negotiation of partnership agreements concerning high-profile projects. Practice head Anne-Laure Villedieu is a specialist in IT technology and data privacy.
Other key lawyers:
Jean-Baptiste Thienot; Florentin Sanson; Maxime Hanriot
‘We had the opportunity to work with different members of the firm. They were all very helpful and diligent in providing advice.’
De Gaulle Fleurance & Associés' team is co-headed by Georgie Courtois, Louis de Gaulle, Julien Horn and Cécile Théard-Jallu and is experienced in the handling of complex regulatory work. It has strength advising on high-value acquisitions; assisting with the termination of relevant contracts; and advising companies on the deployment and implementation of AI technologies. The group is also a familiar fixture in disputes related to the area.
Georgie Courtois; Louis de Gaulle; Julien Horn; Cécile Théard-Jallu
Other key lawyers:
Charles-Edouard Renault; Matthieu Dary
‘Charles-Edouard Renault is knowledgeable, pragmatic and efficient.’
Gaming Innovation Group
Alliance Digitale Maladie Coronavirus.fr
Brain To Cell
Département des Yvelines – E-tonomy
HEALTH DATA HUB
MSF Médecins sans Frontière
Sipa – Ouest France
The IT practice at Féral was established by Bruno Grégoire Sainte Marie and Christiane Féral-Schuhl, both of whom have impressive expertise in matters involving developing and innovative technologies and software, and in IP. It advises clients across a range of industry sectors including cosmetics, shipping and media on a broad range of predominantly regulatory issues involving the negotiation and fulfilment of contractual obligations. In addition, the team ably handles contentious matters, an example being its representation of a company in defence of its online reputation. Farid Bouguettaya has strength in matters related to the digital economy and privacy.
Bruno Grégoire Sainte Marie; Christiane Féral-Schuhl
Other key lawyers:
Farid Bouguettaya; Richard Willemant; Olivier de Courcel
- Assisting a major French cosmetic and personal care products in the defence of its e-reputation, after a very popular anonymous Instagram account published hundreds of alleged testimonies regarding working conditions inside the company.
- Assisting a company in the shipping industry in a litigation case against one of the leading software companies.
- Assisting a blockchain platform with its IT contracts.
Ahmed Baladi and Vera Lukic are at the helm of the IT practice at Gibson Dunn, which has expertise in advising on innovative projects, relating to technology at the forefront of the industry, namely involving NFTs and the Metaverse. It is equipped to advise its reputable clients on high-value cases, such as those involving the implementation of new operating systems for companies, mainly regarding the contractual and major outsourcing elements of such projects. Additionally, it ably assists with matters involving cross-border acquisition of cyber solutions.
Ahmed Baladi; Vera Lukic
Other key lawyers:
Clémence Pugnet; Léna Bionducci
London Clearing House
Platinum Equity Advisors, LLC
Unibail Rodamco Westfield
The practice at Gide Loyrette Nouel A.A.R.P.I. has noteworthy strength in advising on innovative practices in the IT sector, a key example being its provision of advice to Aura Blockchain Consortium on the cross-border launch of the first blockchain solution for the luxury sector, involving NFTs and cryptocurrencies. It is also well-equipped to advise on the establishment, implementation and fulfilment of key contracts involving cybersecurity and business operations and is also a key name for regulatory matters. The team ably handles pre-litigation matters involving complex cyberattacks. Julien Guinot-Deléry leads the team alongside Thierry Dor.
Thierry Dor; Julien Guinot-Deléry
Other key lawyers:
Dane Tacchini; Nina Khalfi
‘Familiarity with tech business models and upcoming legal developments.’
‘Thierry Dor and Julien Guinot Deléry both have a very good knowledge of the market and are very responsive.’
Crédit Mutuel Arkea
Aura Blockchain Consortium
- Assisted Aura Blockchain Consortium with the launch of an NFT solution for luxury brands, including the review of the regulatory challenges related to NFT and cryptocurrencies, as well as the contractual documentation.
- Assisted the Pernod Ricard group in its first NFT sale through the platform Blockbar, an online marketplace where consumers can purchase NFTs directly from luxury wines and spirits brands.
- Assisted Crédit Agricole Alpes Provence on the creation of a subsidiary (Cyber-way) specialised in cybersecurity services for its clients.
Herbert Smith Freehills LLP
The ‘standout’ Alexandra Neri is head of the practice at Herbert Smith Freehills LLP, which handles a variety of cases for well-known clients including Google and Twitter. It ably assists with cross-border joint ventures and GDPR-related issues, but its main focus is litigation; the team handles a broad-range of disputes across a range of industry sectors, including travel and social media. A standout example of such work being its representation of TripAdvisor at the Paris High Court regarding the online platform’s obligation to communicate clearly. Sébastien Proust is noted for his ‘exceptional knowledge’ in the area.
Other key lawyers:
Sébastien Proust; Laure Cardinet; Suzanne Carayol
‘Key strengths of the team are its lawyers, who embrace your cause whilst providing excellent legal and business counselling, strategic thinking and unparalleled legal knowledge.’
‘Alexandra Neri is standout for her unrivalled vision of the strategical aspects of a case, whilst Sebastien Proust is notable for his extremely deep knowledge of case law.’
‘It is the best firm in terms of internet law and new technologies, particularly in litigation.’
Infravia Capital Partners
EXPEDIA GROUP / HomeAway
- Advised InfraVia Capital Partners on the creation of a 50/50 joint venture with Liberty Global Ventures, the investment arm of Liberty Global to set up fibre-to-the-home networks in Germany.
- Assisting in litigation related to Twitter’s terms and conditions of use and privacy policies, in line with consumer law and data privacy law.
- Representing Tripadvisor in a dispute brought by the Paris City Hall before the Paris High Court, which alleges that Tripadvisor must communicate its information about all properties that were rented via Tripadvior’s platform in the past few years.
The practice at Norton Rose Fulbright has an impressive skillset advising noteworthy French bodies on the IT, IP and data privacy aspects of high-value and often cross-border acquisitions, recently acting for Elopak on its acquisition of Naturepak Beverage Packaging. Further, the team ably advises on licensing requirements and service agreements under French law. Further to its advisory work, the team often represents clients in disputes regarding such issues as the unsuccessful implementation of new apps, and the failure to implement strategic IT projects. Nadège Martin, who heads the team, and senior associate Geoffroy Coulouvrat are 'standout individuals'.
Other key lawyers:
‘A competent, responsive, rigorous and pragmatic team, which provides valuable support in negotiation and litigation files.’
‘Nadège Martin and Geoffroy Coulouvrat are standout individuals.’
BNP Paribas and affiliates
Crédit Agricole S.A
Crédit du Maroc
- Advising Wendel on the personal data protection and compliance aspects of the acquisition of ACAMS.
- Advising Elopak in the context of the acquisition of Naturepak Beverage Packaging on IT, IP and data privacy issues related to the TSA and SPA and on the formalities to be filled with the Moroccan data protection authority.
- Advising Megaport following its market entry into France and, more specifically, on the licensing requirements applying to its NaaS solution, and on the certification process with the ANSSI of the equipment used.
Osborne Clarke‘s team, noted for its ‘expertise and great pragmatism’, is headed by e-commerce specialist and ‘expert in her field’ Claire Bouchenard and Xavier Pican. It acts for clients, which span various industry sectors, in a wide-range of cases involving data and internet issues, particularly those concerning connectivity, payments, blockchain and AI. In addition, it assists in the provision of new IT-related services. It also advises on the negotiation of licensing agreements and IT contracts. ‘Very knowledgeable counsel’ Grégoire Dumas provides additional support.
Claire Bouchenard; Xavier Pican
Other key lawyers:
Grégoire Dumas; Sarah Lenoir
‘Many of the members of Osborne Clarke are former in-house counsels in the STEM area, which shows in their very pertinent advice and expertise in practice.’
‘Gregoire Dumas is a very knowledgeable counsel.’
‘We truly enjoyed working with Gregoire Dumas on encryption regulation matters in France because of his business-minded approach and fair billing. He gained our trust and appreciation throughout the project. He is highly-skilled in his legal area, has practical knowledge and is able to provide not only classic legal advice, but legal advice which is easily applicable to business situations.’
‘Quick turnaround and response times.’
‘The team is pleasant and has a pragmatic and business-oriented approach to negotiations atop a very good knowledge of their subjects.’
‘Grégoire Dumas is responsive, pragmatic and attentive to customer needs, with a strong business orientation. Claire Bouchenard is an expert in her field, as well as being responsive and attentive to client’s needs.’
‘Expertise and great pragmatism are evident in the team.’
INTEGRAL AD SCIENCE
OCOMMERCE (CASINO GROUP)
- Assisting on the IP, IT and data aspects of negotiations involving the creation of a purchasing partnership, in France and internationally, and a digital partnership.
- Working with Fime during the audit phase of their software solutions project.
- Assisted IAS in the purchase of a technology combining AI & facial recognition for brand safety purposes.
Algo Avocats was established in May 2021 by Sandra Tubert and Laura Ziegler, formerly of August Debouzy; in addition to being firm founders, the duo also head its ‘dynamic and professional’ IT team. The team is experienced in assisting its notable clients in matters involving the implementation of innovative software, including AI; it also handles contentious cases. Many of its matters are international in scope.
Laura Ziegler; Sandra Tubert
‘A dynamic and professional team.’
‘A very good knowledge of the world of software publishers and market practices. A real expertise and ability to adapt to customer requests.’
‘Laura Ziegler already has a lot of experience and demonstrates pragmatism and transparency. Her communication is always very easy and sincere.’
‘Laura Ziegler is an excellent lawyer and demonstrates exceptional availability and responsiveness.’
‘Great agility with topics and a very, very good understanding of the issues related to the world of health.’
‘Sandra Tubert is very responsive and provides quality service without skimping on additional explanations where needed!’
‘A very specialized and competent team.’
‘Laura Ziegler is an excellent lawyer.’
JEAN NOUVEL DESIGN
- Assisting software editors in structuring their business model and contractual schemes for the provision of their artificial intelligence and blockchain solutions and associated services to clients.
- Assisting a leading colocation data centre provider on transactional and advisory matters for all aspects of IT, personal data protection and commercial issues.
- Assisting a client facing total breakdown of its activity at a worldwide level in a dispute with a service provider that failed to integrate and deploy a global ERP solution within the client’s group, due to the inability of the IT provider to comply with the agreed planning.
Benjamin May, who specialises in internet, IT and IP law, leads the practice at Aramis alongside David Roche, who was promoted to partner in January 2022. It is particularly well-equipped to advise on the negotiation and drafting of IT contracts and strategic partnerships, supporting the relevant legal and operational teams of its notable clients. It is also experienced in advising on cybersecurity issues and GDPR compliance.
Benjamin May; David Roche
Other key lawyers:
‘Strong responsiveness and great pragmatism given by real legal practitioners, whose consultations and advice always adapt to fit to the reality on the ground. They are very specialized in IT, technology and the evolution of the law concerned.’
‘Benjamin May and his collaborators are strong in their availability, attentiveness, professionalism, responsiveness, sharpness and pragmatism.’
‘I enjoyed working with Aramis on the GDPR implementation within my company, they are available, responsive and competent.’
‘Marianne Long specialises in GDPR, and made herself available for each of our questions and answered them in a relevant, efficient and solid way.’
- Assisting IRP AUTO in the complete rebuilding of its information system, including in the negotiation and drafting of multiple contracts with several providers and in providing advice regarding the legal, financial and IT consequences of such migration.
- Assisting Twitch with its day-to-day legal issues, including regarding applicable regulations to online and free bets, communication and hate-combat on the Internet.
- Assist FrenchSys in the negotiation of service agreements as well as in the drafting and implementation of protocols for the schemes they deal with.
Founded by Anne-Solène Gay, who is noted for her ‘great efficiency and expertise’, the practice at Behring specialises in information and communication technologies and has strong competency in cybersecurity, e-commerce and personal data protection. The team often handles multi-jurisdictional IT projects in both France and Africa, notably taking on the drafting and negotiation of contracts for Group Vivendi in the African market.
Other key lawyers:
Christian Kpolo; Laurent Bruneau; Benjamin Chahkar; James Singer
‘Anne-Solène Gay has a very high level of legal competence, very good knowledge of the sector and extensive international experience.’
‘We seek Behring’s assistance every time we have specific IT issues because of their repeatedly outstanding work for us in this sector’
‘We have a very positive, longstanding relationship with the team thanks to client-friendly behavior, and provision of practical advice on several particularly complex issues, in addition to its responsiveness and budget compliance.’
‘Behring’s team is reactive and very complementary with an excellent knowledge of industry standards and practice. Anne-Solène Gay has great efficiency and expertise. I have not found any equivalent elsewhere. We know that we can rely on her for both regulatory matters and contractual negotiation.’
‘Behring delivers high-quality work in a timely manner. Anne-Solène Gay is a first-class lawyer. She knows to distinguish the important from the unimportant and does not get lost in details, whilst having an eye to identify key legal issues and deal with them whilst taking into account clients’ technical or commercial constraints.’
‘The team is fully up to speed on regulations and always provides accurate opinions in a timely manner.’
‘Anne-Solène Gay always strives to provide accurate opinions and has helped us in negotiating directly with third-party lawyers.’
‘Anne-Solène Gay can handle the most difficult and complex contracts and negotiations and does so with a view to avoiding litigation where possible. Behring’s advice has always been the best, and is always well-balanced. Anne-Solène and her team are familiar with technical subjects, fully understand commercial implications and, naturally, have a deep knowledge of the legal environment.’
SWISS POST SOLUTIONS
GROUP VIVENDI AFRICA (GVA)
INTELLECT DESIGN ARENA
CHECK & VISIT
LA PORTE VERTE
AFRICAN DEVELOPMENT BANK
CHAMBER OF COMMERCE OF DJIBOUTI
- Acting as counsel to SWISS POST SOLUTIONS, a global IT/BPO service provider, on its IT outsourcing contracts with its clients, and on data protection-related matters.
- Advised QOVOLTIS on IT contracts and e-commerce regulation in the context of the company’s commercial development of online solutions to address the French market of electric vehicle charging.
- Advised INTELLECT DESIGN ARENA in the negotiation of IT platform development and software licences for the supply and integration of Quantum Central Banking Solution software and an ERP solution.
Bersay‘s IT team has an ability to advise on innovative technology including NFTs and AI, as well as its ability to handle regulatory matters which are often cross-border in nature. Claire Poirson and Frédéric Lecomte lead the team; the latter is an IT and IP specialist, who joined from Stehlin & Associés in November 2021.
Claire Poirson; Frédéric Lecomte
‘Listening abilities and responsiveness are key skills in the team.’
‘We have had very good experiences with Bersay in terms of their technical knowledge and case evaluations. It’s not just about classic legal issues, but also business and strategy components, which they integrate effectively.’
‘The entire Bersay team has strong technical knowledge.’
Innovative Cloud Tech SAS
- Advised Innovative Cloud Tech on its new project which is to take a photo of the Origin of the World by Gustave Courbet at the Musée d’Orsay first and then to digitize it into an NFT.
The practice at DBC Avocats, noted for its 'fantastic industry insight', is headed by Alexandre Le Peru. The predominant focus of the team is advising domestic and international clients on the establishment and negotiation of relevant service agreements under French law regarding the incorporation of cutting-edge technologies into their businesses, or on the general digitalisation of key aspects of their services. There is also a specialism in data protection and security.
Alexandre Le Peru
‘Fantastic industry insight and flexible approaches to advice and billing.’
‘The team and the partner who work on our account are always available and very responsive and have masterful negotiation techniques, including in English. They have many references on which they rely to argue their negotiations, because they work for both companies using IT services and IT service providers.’
‘Very good knowledge of our files and an ability to tackle very technical, digital and data-related subjects, with an excellent command of English and very good knowledge of the customer. They are always listening and have the ability to quickly mobilize resources when necessary, such as the litigation team.’
A particular focus of the team’s workload at DS Avocats is advising clients on the drafting, negotiation and implementation of IT contracts, often with digital service providers, for its key clients. It is also equipped to handle disputes regarding such issues as software infringement. Sylvain Staub and Antoine Gravereaux are at the helm of the practice, which is formed of partners with particular specialisms in IP law.
Sylvain Staub; Antoine Gravereaux
Other key lawyers:
Catherine Verneret; Charles-Antoine Joly; Bertrand Potot
‘Thomas Beaugrand knows how to make digital and IT law very clear and simple, and has a very good knowledge of the environment and the contracts offered by publishers, alongside a very pragmatic vision of contracts and negotiations.’
‘Thomas Beaugrand is very responsive, works quickly and makes complicated concepts very simple.’
The practice at FIDAL is co-led by Rouen-based IP and IT specialist Sabine Deloges, Paris-based Arnaud Tessalonikos, who has twenty-years of experience in the IT and technology field, and Strasbourg-based Aurélie Klein. Although the team's workload includes litigation, it is particularly focused on matters involving the drafting and negotiation of, as well as the handling of legal audits, relating to IT agreements, and advising on GDPR and privacy-related compliance cases.
Sabine Deloges; Arnaud Tessalonikos; Aurélie Klein
Other key lawyers:
ITLAW Avocats‘ team is led by the firm’s founder and managing partner Claudia Weber, who advises, litigates and trains small and medium-sized businesses and start-ups, as well as international groups and large French companies, on matters involving IT contracts, security, licensing and digital marketing. The team is well-equipped to draft and negotiate key contracts and provide assistance with outsourcing on cases involving significant values. Additionally, it ably advises clients on dealing with security breaches, or represents them in such disputes, where necessary. The team has experienced significant growth in associate numbers recently.
Other key lawyers:
Marine Hardy; Jean-Christophe Ienné
‘Marine Hardy and Claudia Weber are experts in IT contracts and regulatory provisions, particularly relating to the risk-management of sensitive data.’
‘The team has a constructive approach and state of mind, supported by reassuring technical expertise.’
AFD (AGENCE FRANÇAISE DE DÉVELOPPEMENT)
- Assisted GROUPE CAT to carry out a strategic project, in forming a contract with a new provider, in order to secure the resumption of the outsourced services.
- Assisted B-COM in the context of its private 5G network deployment activity.
- Intervened in the contractual securing of the activities provided by ILLUIN marketing, a customer chatbot solution with AI.
The ‘very competent’ team at Jones Day is co-headed by Rémy Fekete and specialist in cybersecurity, technology and IP Olivier Haas. The breadth of its workload across the TMT sector is impressive; it is well-equipped to advise on e-commerce, software distribution, and digital transformation projects, as well as on cloud computing. It regularly advises on the GDPR and due diligence matters of high-value deals. Marta Lahuerta Escolano, frequently active on matters regarding the e-health industry, was promoted to of counsel in March 2023.
Rémy Fekete; Olivier Haas
Other key lawyers:
Marta Lahuerta Escolano
‘Marta Lahuerta Escolano is available and understanding of clients’ needs.’
‘Great expertise in their field and good knowledge of M&A.’
‘Perfect knowledge of the political machinery in the relevant countries, subject to calls for tenders.’
‘Rémy Fekete’s team is undoubtedly one of the most efficient in the IT sector.’
‘Availability and expertise in IT, digital, data, with knowledge of digital issues and ability to intervene in M&A and international projects. This firm also has an international network for legal issues, which is very useful.’
‘M&A and digital expertise and more international expertise than other firms and an excellent knowledge of our internal activities.’
‘The team is very competent and works in a coordinated and integrated manner with other teams in the firm (for files that may require several skills). The quality of service and advice lives up to the reputation for excellence of this international firm. Partners and collaborators are always available and committed, with human qualities that make the difference.’
‘Olivier Haas is very competent and involved in understanding the issues beyond the law and finding effective, solid and rapid solutions.’
Caisse des dépôts et consignations
Agence nationale d’aménagement des infrastructures minières (ANAIM)
Regulatory Authority for Electronic Communications and Postal services (“ARCEP”) – Republic of Burkina Faso
International Finance Corporation (IFC)
Ministry of Digital Economy and Digital Transformation (MENTD) – Republic of Togo
Presidency of the Republic of Togo
- Advises ASN with respect to the negotiation and drafting of the financing documentation for the deployment and landing of the Medusa cable system that will be landing in Marseille and connect North Africa with south Europe.
- Advised Suez in relation to the drafting and negotiation of the Transitional Services Agreement for IT and data processing services to be implemented in relation to the carve-out and sale of their waste processing business to PreZero in four EU countries.
- Assisted on the IT and data protection aspects of the merger transaction between Deezer and I2PO.
The team at K&L Gates LLP has strong capabilities advising clients active in the areas of luxury goods, the metaverse and energy, on innovative technologies such as VR and augmented reality, in matters which are often cross-border in nature. It is also well-equipped to advise on e-commerce launches, GDPR due diligence reviews, and acquisition matters. The team, led by Claude-Etienne Armingaud, often works in collaboration with other global offices.
‘A specialized team in this field.’
‘Claude-Etienne Arminguaud is a person close to clients, who understands the needs of all involved.’
- Offering free legal services to individuals who fall victim to acts of revenge porn, i.e. the unauthorized dissemination of intimate content online.
- Assisted Pulitzer prize-nominated photographer Robin Layton in negotiating a digital consignment contract, with an online gallery for the purpose of selling and auctioning digital artworks as NFTs.
- Assisting Sloclap, a French independent video game studio, in securing the financing and publishing of its second video game.
The practice at Latham & Watkins has a notable specialism in advising on technological aspects of acquisitions and transactions in the market and on the purchase of related licensing rights. The group has particular expertise in the creation and sale of NFTs and advisory work on the ramifications surrounding blockchains. It also assists in the launch of technological projects. Jean-Luc Juhan is at the helm.
- Advised Worldline, a France based provider of payment processing solutions, of its Terminals, Solutions & Services (TSS) business line to Apollo Global Management.
- Advised GOAT, an online platform offering sneakers, luxury apparel and accessories through primary and resale markets, on its major multiyear global partnership with French football team Paris Saint-Germain.
- Advised OpenWeb, the premium audience relationship platform, on its acquisition of ADYOULIKE, a France-based global player in native advertising, for a total value of $100m.
The practice at Latournerie Wolfrom Avocats advises key clients and web service providers on a wide array of technological matters and electronic communications issues both in France and overseas. Notably, it is able to advise on French regulations concerning the establishment of cloud platforms. Terence Cabot is at the helm of the team, which in January 2022 saw the departure of digital and IP specialist partner Marie-Hélène Tonnellier.
Other key lawyers:
‘The team takes into account the evolution of the sector, and listens to clients in order to reinforce its capacities and competences in a particularly dense and evolutionary subject.’
‘Terence Cabot and Thomas Bernard are available and attentive, without hesitating to modify agendas appropriate to the files.’
Auvergne Rhones-Alpes Region
Amazon Web Services
Eure Normandie Numérique
Free / Free Mobile
Grand Est Region
Seine Maritime Numérique
University of Lille
Val de Loire Numérique
Prudence Cadio leads the team at LPA-CGR avocats, which has significant experience in the drafting and negotiation of, and compliance with IT contracts and licence agreements, particularly for its notable clients in the green energy sector; additionally, it ably advises on GDPR regulations. It is also able to handle disputes regarding IT-related agreements. Counsel Romain Viret is a noteworthy team member.
Other key lawyers:
‘Strong expertise at reasonable prices. An excellent ability to listen to clients, understand the issues and propose solutions to resolve difficulties even on complex flies where new digital solutions are required. There is a clear specialization in IT and this good knowledge allows for accurate prediction of future issues.’
‘Excellent knowledge of new technologies and IT and a detailed understanding of client operations. The team also has a good relationship with contracting parties, strong experience, reactivity and speedy processing.’
Founding partner of Luzi Avocats and head of its IT practice Olivia Luzi specialises in IP and IT law. The team ably advises on the drafting, negotiation and implementation of IT contracts to its array of key clients. Notably, it advised OVHCloud, key body in cloud hosting and computing services in Europe, on regulatory factors involved in a global update process. It is also experienced in advising on data quality and GDPR compliance.
Other key lawyers:
‘The advice given is precise and meets our operational needs. Risks are flagged, but more importantly, they come with an appropriate assessment and recommendation, which we find very helpful .’
‘Olivia Luzi is well-supported by her team; she is dynamic, convincing and a talented IT contract negotiator. She knows perfectly the technical aspects and market practices in our sector of activity, which saves us a lot of time in negotiations.’
‘Olivia Luzi is very dynamic and very competent.’
‘Very commercially-oriented solution seekers who go that extra mile to get a deal done. I’ve found the firm’s approach really refreshing in the French market. When I ask for a solution I don’t get a long memo telling me everything the law says but a practical well-thought-out solution that works. From the client’s point of view this is invaluable.’
‘We work with this team due to its expertise in the IT field and its ability to handle difficult negotiations relating to the acquisition of software platforms.’
‘Beyond the expertise, the interpersonal skills and tenacity in the team really enabled us to achieve the objectives that we had predetermined.’
EXPEDIA GROUP, INC.
SQILLS PRODUCT BV
ORTHO CLINICAL DIAGNOSTICS
FEDERATION FRANCAISE DU BATIMENT (French Building Federation)
CONSUMER GOODS FORUM – GLOBAL FOOD INITIATIVE
- Advised OVHCloud on data sovereignty issues and the consequences of a possible cross-border data transfer to non-GDPR-compliant countries.
- Advised ZETURF/ZEBET, one of the major online betting operators, in the context of a GDPR compliance audit mission.
- Advised SQILLS PRODUCT BV on the drafting and renegotiation of a SaaS licence agreement with OUIGO (an SNCF company).
OYAT was co-founded in January 2022 by ‘experienced and engaged’ IT specialist Marie-Hélène Tonnellier, who made the move with her team from Latournerie Wolfrom Avocats. It is involved in complex advisory work, recently assisting Hachette Livre in the total overhaul of its IT system, as well as on large contract drafting and negotiations. Additionally, the team is able to represent its clients in high-value disputes. Charlotte Barraco-David is also noted.
Other key lawyers:
Camille Guyot; Laura Dufresne; Charlotte Barraco-David
‘Marie-Hélène Tonnellier is one of my main contacts. Her team is highly capable with excellent technical knowledge. They are always responsive and are exceptionally good value for money. The advice is always practical and well thought-through.’
‘Marie-Hélène Tonnellier is the Queen of TMT in France and is always my go-to resource for French legal advice in this sector, whether technology contracting, intellectual property or data privacy matters. She is ever-present at the key technology law conferences, extremely pleasant to work with and maintains a good sense of humour even under pressure.’
‘The strengths of the team are: knowledge of the software publishing sector coupled with an ability to understand the specificities of the client, striking the right balance between risks and benefits. The team is at the top of its market. As for innovation, the team uses collaborative tools that facilitate exchanges during the negotiation phases.’
‘Founding associate lawyer Marie-Hélène Tonnelier is specialized in business law, intellectual property, copyright in particular. She stands out for her experience, her innovative and pragmatic management of files and her ability to skilfully lead a negotiation. She is reliable and trustworthy. It is a pleasure to work with her. Charlotte Barraco-David specialises in digital and innovation and has an ability to find pragmatic solutions for the client.’
‘OYAT proposes innovative solutions to complex problems thanks to an experienced and engaged team that has developed a great expertise in a wide range of activities. The firm has the capacity to build and propose legal strategies successfully whilst addressing complex challenges. The flexibility and expertise of the firm, as well as its professionalism and customer-oriented approach, are remarkable and lead to true customer satisfaction. The continuous learning, growth and development of OYAT’s team is the assurance that the firm will continue to provide a quality legal service.’
‘Marie-Hélène Tonnellier understands quickly her client’s needs and transforms them into results; an excellent negotiator who adapts swiftly to unforeseen situations,’
‘An involved, available and reactive team with a very good knowledge of the subjects, who offer concise and adapted answers.’
‘OYAT’s IT team offers cutting-edge expertise in new technologies. In addition, the team has a good knowledge of the public sector which allows it to offer a tailor-made consultancy activity taking into account the particular constraints of the sector.’
CAISSE DES DEPOTS ET CONSIGNATIONS (CDC)
CREDIT AGRICOLE ASSURANCES
Service d’Information du Gouvernement (SIG)
ESA (European spatial agency)
- Advised Hachette Livre on the drafting and negotiation of several licence agreements, integration agreements related to the overhaul of its entire information system.
- Advised SIG (Système d’Information du Gouvernement) on several IT and IP important projects headed by the Prime Minister.
- Advised Caisse des Dépôts et Consignations (CDC) on the implementation of a new internet platform dedicated to leisure offers, which is managed by the French Government and a joint venture set up between CDC and Amadeus.
Parallel Avocats AARPI
Parallel Avocats AARPI‘s ‘meticulous’ practice is noted for its understanding of niche and innovative law in this area. It ably assists clients in shifting towards alternative operating models, executing the necessary legal work for successful launches, as well as shaping and negotiating contracts that frequently have a cross-border nexus. It also handles complex litigious matters involving technology and unfair competition claims. Michel Leclerc and Arthur Millerand co-lead the team.
Michel Leclerc; Arthur Millerand
‘Parallel Avocats is made up of a close-knit, meticulous team with incomparable technical know-how in niche law.’
‘Michel Leclerc and Arthur Millerand’s expertise on tech files in general and platforms in particular is indisputable, in parallel with their generalist side since they intervene for all files both in advice and in litigation.’
‘The team of lawyers at Parallel is available, competent and attentive. The billing was geared to what we could afford, and they stood out in their approach from other firms.’
- Successfully represented Brigad in an important commercial litigation brought by Staffmatch group, leading to the first decision recognizing the legality of the platform business model in France.
- Assisted Airbnb in long-term post-acquisition contractual and regulatory compliance work for its newly acquired strategic host management subsidiary Luckey Homes.
- Advised Jellysmack in relation to the structuring and negotiation of its worldwide video editor marketplace, aimed at supporting the growth of its creator programme.
Racine‘s practice is co-led by Eric Barbry and new arrival Charles Bouffier, who joined the team from August Debouzy in June 2022. It advises a variety of clients on a range of related disputes, wherein for example, an IT project has been left unfinished and contractual obligations unmet. It also assists with regulatory matters, and in the context of data compliance.
Eric Barbry; Charles Bouffier
Philippe Glaser and Marc Schuler co-head the practice at Taylor Wessing, which ably advises clients on contractual matters, being formulations and negotiations; it notably represents such key clients as Hiscox in high-value TMT and cyber policies, and disputes which often involve the failure to implement IT projects successfully. There is a significant data law and IP specialism across the team. The group has grown at the junior end, with the arrival of multiple associates in 2022.
Philippe Glaser; Marc Schuler
- Assisting Hiscox in the management of IT claims in relation to its TMT and Cyber covers.
- Assisting IBM in major IT litigations as well as regulatory matters in relation to GDPR.
- Assisting Adobe in the management of third parties copyright infringement claims brought against its licensees and in relation to its Adobe Stock services.
White & Case LLP's practice is led by Bertrand Liard and Clara Hainsdorf and advises clients including Meta on regulatory matters focused on consumer protection, infringement and unfair competition. It consistently advises its clients on digitalisation projects, the acquisition of Cloud services and the negotiation of IT contracts and agreements, and transitional agreements and GDPR-related matters on high-value projects.
Bertrand Liard; Clara Hainsdorf
Agence Française de Développement (AFD)
Crédit Agricole Group
- Represented Meta in several data protection and unfair competition matters in Europe, in particular in France, Germany and Austria.
- Advised Casino Group on the IP/IT aspects of the sale to BNP Paribas of its subsidiary FLOA on the establishment of a partnership between Casino Group and BNP Paribas for the development of a fractional payment activity.
- Advised Aéma Groupe on the IT Transitional Service Agreement (TSA) as well as the GDPR and IT due diligence aspects in the context of their acquisition of Aviva France, for a consideration of €3.2bn.
Corinne Thiérache; Frédéric Saffroy
Other key lawyers:
Organisation et Développement (OMNES EDUCATION)
- Assisted Lime in adding cameras, which use integrated artificial intelligence, to its scooters in the city of Paris, in real time.
- Assisting Essentiel Notaires in daily activity and in development projects on its online platform services ‘Quai des Notaires’ for public notaries.
- Assisting “Organisation et Développement” and, more generally, the OMNES EDUCATION Group for its digital activity and its project of transformation of its information system to provide its students with innovative educational tools.
Other key lawyers:
‘A stable, reactive and very attentive team with a strong ability to understand the issues in our sector of activity.’
‘I highly recommend the tandem of Jean-Guy de Ruffray and Raclet, whom, for us, are standout in the team.’
- Advised SOPRA STERIA GROUP in connection with the acquisition of 100% of the share capital of EVA Group, specialist in cybersecurity, integration, IT projects governance, operations, training and certifications.
- Advised DOCAPOSTE, wholly owned subsidiary of GROUPE LA POSTE, on its acquisition of the electronic signature and digital vault businesses from IDEMIA.
- Advised AIR FRANCE on the sale of SMOOSS, the operator of software platform SaaS, dedicated to optimisation of travel booking, to HOPPER, a Canada-based entity.
Other key lawyers:
Alexandre Manasterski; Alexander Kennedy; Grégory Sroussi
‘A very committed team with very high-quality work. Among the strengths and assets, I would highlight a strong capacity for work and reaction as well as an ability to deal with global work with various ramifications and legal impacts.’
‘Alexander Kennedy is noteworthy for the quality of his contractual analysis and his recommendations.’
‘I very much appreciated my collaboration with the teams at Clifford Chance, in particular Dessislava Savova and Alexandre Manasterski, who show real expertise and a pragmatic approach.’
‘Alexandre Manasterski has a multi-faceted expertise in commercial law, new technologies and personal data, which makes his profile and his work particularly attractive for companies operating in the digital, tech and innovation fields.’
‘Dessislava Savova is an extraordinary and excellent lawyer.’
Crédit Agricole Assurances
Sibanye Stillwater Limited
- Working in close cooperation with Legrand central projects team for the worldwide launching and implementation of a project, in particular with respect to the design and deployment of the legal strategy and with respect to e-commerce.
- Advising Sephora regarding a breakthrough cooperation that sees Sephora become Zalando’s strategic partner for prestige beauty on Zalando’s online platform for numerous countries in Europe.
- Assisting Airbus in connection with Urban Air Mobility-related issues and projects, including as regards the entire related eco-system.
Pierre Deprez; Vincent Fauchoux; Frédéric Dumont; Aurélie Bregou
- Assisting GOOGLE in its search engine changes and in all litigation concerning GDPR.
- Advised MONORPIX on the development of an NFT collection and a marketplace for the launch of their first NFT sales platform.
Other key lawyers:
‘The team was able to offer invoicing models adapted to our uses, outside the usual models of firms, and adapted very quickly and with great agility to our dematerialization procedures.’
‘Vincent Denoyelle shows a sharp and very varied expertise in the various fields related to IT and always has a solution at hand to find complex situations.’
‘Team members are very available and flexible.’
‘Partners are hyper available, very business-oriented and hyper pragmatic in the legal solutions provided.’
Tata Consultancy Services
France Télévisions and France Télévisions Publicité
Anne-Laure-Hélène des Ylouses; Christopher Mesnooh
Everybody On Deck
Laurent Badiane; Matthieu Bourgeois
Agence du Numérique en Santé [IT and health departments]
- Assisted ZIRCON GROUP by drafting a legal opinion regarding the compliance of its action, with French legislation and by drafting the general conditions of use of a proposed mobile application.
- Assisted Cortexia with regard to the French regulations relating to the taking of images in a public space by an AI device.
- Assisted HITACHI SOLUTIONS in the negotiation of a contract with a company specialiaing in the sale of electronic products for the development of a worldwide CRM.
Other key lawyers:
‘We have been working with LAWWAYS for many years and we appreciate the firm’s availability, understanding of our needs, skills and above all the expertise of the lawyers and teams that make up LAWWAYS.’
‘Gilles Rouvier has strong knowledge, expertise and methodological practices. It is always easy to exchange with him and he understands the technical issues and subtleties. His direct collaborators within LAWWAYS have the same qualities. We especially appreciate the work of Ségolène Delmas, who shows great professionalism in understanding the issues and needs related to our activities.’
‘Great expertise across the team and a strong ability to provide effective and reassuring solutions.’
‘Gilles Rouvier is passionate about technology and one of the leading experts in his field.’
‘A very sharp knowledge of the field and responsiveness’
‘Gilles Rouvier is competent, available, friendly and accessible.’
‘An approachable and versatile IT law team.’
‘Client-minded team leader Gilles Rouvier has a deep knowledge of high-tech law.’
- Advised Unilabs on the drafting of an IT service contract for the development of a patient diagnostics platform and medical application.
- Advised Hopper on the IP & IT aspects of the acquisition of Smooss.
- Advised Protex during lengthy negotiations with an IT service provider for the international implementation of an ERP software.
Julien Canlorbe; Julie Carel; Jean-Sébastien Mariez
‘Julie and her team at Momentum have been an absolute pleasure to work with. They clearly understand our needs in a relatively new space, understand where we are in our maturity, and are able to clearly communicate complex legal concepts. They deeply understand our complex technology product and are proactive in their recommendations to best protect our product. I have a high-level of trust that the team has deep experience in the areas in which they support us.’
‘Julie and her team have the best communication I have seen from an external party. It is a pleasure to receive emails from them as they are clearly structured and require little time to understand. They obviously have our own success at heart, and have managed to build a trusting relationship. I would recommend them in a heartbeat.’
Antoine Gendreau; Alexis Vichnievsky
‘OSMOSE is highly competent in IT and internet legal matters. I particularly emphasize the great expertise of Alexis Vichnievsky.’
‘Professionalism, very high level of skills, quickly grasped both legal and business issues.’
‘The team follows a very pragmatic approach, is very accessible and gives advice adapted to our needs. They propose an approach that covers the major risks and guide towards an optimization of procedures and the progressive implementation of best practices.’
Sony Interactive Entertainment France (Playstation)
Sony Interactive Entertainment UK (Playstation)
Caisse Centrale de Réassurance
Takasago Europe Perfumery Laboratory
The Cools Group
- Advised SIEF/Playstation on a day-to-day basis for all matters related to its activity, in particular regulations related to gaming, digital communication, partnership.
Pinsent Masons LLP
Pwc Société d'Avocats
Vercken & Gaullier
Florence Gaullier; Edouard Mille; Gilles Vercken
Other key lawyers:
‘This team is very good at listening and has a good understanding of our company’s legal needs and challenges. The firm has real expertise on the subjects that interest us, and the organization of the distribution of their subjects in-house allows them to respond in particularly short timeframes.’
‘Lawyers Florence Gaullier and Lorette Dubois accompany us effectively on all our files; the firm has had our trust for years.’
Kantar / Onclusive
Collège de Médecine Générale (CMG)
- Assisted the client in a negotiation concerning a partnership for an online platform for the provision of medical knowledge, involving particular data-processing tools of translation.
- Advised an important digital content distribution platform, by drafting a legal consulting on the regime of the digital audiobook.
- Advised the client in a dispute concerning infringements of one of its multi-player role-playing games, which has been a huge success worldwide.
Other key lawyers:
‘It is particularly pleasant to work with Alan Walter, who demonstrates great responsiveness and pedagogy, synonymous with perfect efficiency. The team’s legal expertise and practical knowledge of the market are standout.’
‘Walter Billet’s team is reactive and strategic.’
‘Alan Walter is reactive and gives good advice and helps us choose the right strategies in countries where trademark registration is more complex. Walter Billet has a network of international partners, who help us manage complex trademark registration cases if necessary.’
‘The Walter Billet team is very dynamic, responsive and flexible. In addition, the longevity of the relationship between the founding partners ensures a 360 degree analysis on the corporate, IP and IT data aspects in a concerted manner.’
‘The two founding partners have longstanding experience working together, which allows them to immediately analyse the subjects related to their own respective practices, but also the issues that will require the involvement of the other side of the team. Alan Walter masters the law applicable to his subjects and the underlying technologies, which makes him an essential interlocutor and professional.’
‘There is high availability across the team and a strong responsiveness.’
‘Alan Walter has great expertise on the scope of IP and IT, is very responsive and has an apparent ability to blend in and adapt to the organisation of large company clients.’
‘Alan Walter shows a great understanding of IT issues, which allows him to approach cases in a pragmatic way and, as such, provide effective advice both operationally and legally.’
Unique Entertainment Experience (Powder)
VSB Energies Nouvelles
Yellow Korner France
Alliance Automotive Group
Babel France (Babel Tech)
Beauty Blend (Jolimoi)
Entrepreneur Invest (Entrepreneurs Venture)
Fuzzy Logic Robotics
Hôtel des ventes de l’orléanais
Make Fashion Studio
Mes Meilleurs Clients
- Advised Standing Ovation on the drafting and negotiation of a strategic partnership contract with a major French group related to the production of cheese without using animal products.
- Advised Golem in the negotiation of a software agreement with Thalès in the course of a global contract for the French Ministry of Defence.
- Advised Vestiaire Collective on all aspects related to its e-commerce activities, in particular, in contractual negotiations with its suppliers.