Antis Triantafyllides & Sons LLC's experienced team handles a wide spectrum of complex and high-value secured and unsecured finance and refinancing transactions. Key areas of focus include project finance and syndicated loans, in addition to subordinated and mezzanine financing. Stelios Triantafyllides heads up the department, which is also well-versed in regulatory, compliance and licensing issues. Triantafyllides has considerable expertise in international secured financing transactions. The team has recently been involved in a substantial number of NPL portfolio sales and participation deals, where it acts for both sellers and buyers. Marios Hadjigavriel and Christiana Vassiliou are among the other key members of the group, which acts for a variety of major international lenders, arrangers and facility agents, as well as borrowers and guarantors. James West primarily focuses on large secured and refinancing transactions that relate to property and infrastructure development in the Russian Federation.
Firms in the Spotlight Banking and finance
Patrikios Pavlou & Associates LLC
The Banking and Finance team at Patrikios Pavlou & Associates LLC is ranked in the top tier for Cyprus, duly acknowledged for delivering outstanding legal services to its clients. With extensive experience in the legal market and the international culture, the lawyers and legal consultants of the Firm successfully handle challenging cross-border corporate finance transactions …View Profile...
Banking and finance in Cyprus
APS Debt Servicing Cyprus Ltd
Bank of Cyprus Public Company Ltd
European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
Hellenic Bank Public Company Ltd
- Acted as local legal advisor to Hellenic Bank in relation to the taking over of the operational control in APS Debt Servicing Cyprus Ltd (i.e. the joint venture that was established with the APS Holding group in 2017 for the management of the real estate assets and the servicing of a portfolio of non-performing exposures of Hellenic Bank).
Chrysostomides Advocates & Legal Consultants is highly regarded for its work with international banking institutions on multijurisdictional transactions. It often acts as local counsel for major international banks – as well as syndicates of banks – on large finance transactions. Under the leadership of Chryso Pitsilli-Dekatris, the team is adept at handling large-scale syndicated loans and project finance transactions, as well as refinancings. It has been increasingly active in substantial energy projects (particularly renewable energy projects) and projects in the fintech sector. The group also frequently advises credit institutions on regulatory and compliance matters. Elsewhere, contentious banking matters are another driver of activity. Other names to note include Anna Rossides and Pavlos Symeonides.
Other key lawyers:
‘Enormous speed, energy, pointing out to the client the issues which may be relevant even though they are outside the scope of their advice. When under supervision of the leading counsel, they are pro-active and do not wait for instructions. They act independently, but copy you in or consult when their advice may have broader impact.‘
‘Top of the list for Cypriot law work. Responsive and helpful.’
‘Christia-Lydia Kastellani: technically strong and on top of her matters.’
‘Great practice, always available, perfect technical skills and legal knowledge alongside business and industry understanding.’
‘Artemis Amalia Metaxa and Christia-Lydia Kastellani are both true professionals, with deep market knowledge and business understanding.’
‘Due to tight schedules the requirements imposed on the team were very challenging, but the lawyers perfectly met all our needs in an efficient and prompt way. The team was very flexible with the time as we had to get legal advice urgently 24/7. Compared to other legal consultants in CY, they were much more professional in all areas.’
‘The team we worked with consisted of two persons: Anna and Eleni. It is amazing how they could provide such big piece of legal work on the spot and in a very detailed and fast way. They are super professionals.’
East Line Group
Endo International PLC
United Medical Group CY PLC
Natixis, Singapore Branch
Société Générale Bank – Cyprus Limited
Credit Suisse (Switzerland) Ltd
First Abu Dhabi Bank P.J.S.C. (Singapore Branch)
ABN AMRO Bank N.V
J&T Banka, a.s.
Banque Cantonale de Geneve
- Advised the East Line Group on a debt restructuring transaction, valued at $1bn.
- Advised Endo International Plc on all Cyprus law matters in relation to a multibillion dollar bond offering and the refinancing of an existing term loan facility.
- Engaged to act as Cypriot counsel to United Medical Group CY PLC in relation to the initial public offering of up to 40 million GDRs, by selling shareholders, to be listed and traded on the Moscow Stock Exchange, valued at $500m.
Elias Neocleous & Co LLC has a large and versatile team, which is led by Demetris Roti. It remains an adviser of choice for numerous international law firms, leading Cypriot banks and financial institutions, as well as major international commercial banks, investment banks and private equity funds. Other key clients include asset managers, government bodies and high-net-worth individuals. The firm also has a specialist financial services group, which is skilled at advising on all aspects of financial services regulation. Managing partner Elias Neocleous is known for his work on important cross-border deals. Dimitris Papoutsis advises local, EU and third-country credit and financial institutions, investment firms, funds and leading corporations on a whole host of banking and finance matters. Nicosia-based Andrea Kallis Parparinou is also recommended for her work in this area.
‘A large team with a wide range of expertise, which still manages to keep a uniquely united front. This leads to excellent collaboration and customised service.’
‘All team members were keen on developing professional and personal relationships with me and my team. Namely Mr. Elias Neocleous and Mr. Dimitris Papoutsis, cultivated an excellent relationship with the bank.’
‘The team is very experienced and responsive. They work extremely hard to achieve the best possible results for their clients.’
‘We work mainly with Elias Neocleous. He is always available, very motivated and rigorous in his approach to every matter. He works extremely hard to achieve the best possible outcomes for his clients.’
‘Excellent understanding of the client’s needs and ability to find and negotiate appropriate solutions is what makes Elias Neocleous & Co LLC unique. The team’s long-term experience with international banking & finance business and ability to implement deals within strict deadlines is one of its key strengths.’
‘Business acumen, understanding of the wider background of transactions, ability to offer solutions to problems, negotiation skills and protection of client’s interest. Dimitris Papoutsis and Demetris Roti.’
‘Responsive, knowledgeable, commercial and clear advice.’
Avanti Communications Group PLC
Altamira Asset Management Limited
APS Holding a.s
European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
Alpha Bank S.A
International Finance Corporation
Eurobank Greece and Eurobank Cyprus
Bank of Cyprus
Bank of Scotland
Hellenic Public Bank Company Limited
Emma Delta Variable Capital Investment Company Limited
Deutsche Bank AG
CPI Property Group
General Electric Company
National Bank of Greece
Sabadell Venture Capital S.L.U
Raiffeisen Bank International AG
Jordan Kuwait Bank
Morgan Stanley & Co
Prodea Investments Limited
Svenska Handelsbanken AB
- Advised Morgan Stanley & Co. International plc and National Bank of Greece S.A. in relation to Cyprus law issues for a €300m 5¾% Senior Secured Notes due 2026, and the establishment of the Cyprus security package.
- Advised CPI Property Group SA on its €1.57bn joint all cash takeover with Aroundtown SA, of Globalworth Real Estate Investments Limited made via the Cyprus entity Zakiono Enterprises Ltd and the Cyprus JVCo Tevat Limited.
- Advising the dealer manager, J.P. Morgan Securities LLC, on all the Cyprus law aspects of a transaction in certain Exchange Offers and Consent Solicitations involving the refinancing of Endo International plc and certain of its wholly owned subsidiaries.
Harneys is highly reputed for its work for blue-chip companies on multijurisdictional financial transactions. Another notable feature of the practice is its work on major non-performing loan transactions and restructurings for large conglomerates and companies operating in the infrastructure, oil and gas and real estate sectors. Pavlos Aristodemou leads the department, which receives a steady flow of instructions from significant international law firms, in addition to generating mandates from clients on a standalone basis. Nancy Erotocritou is noted for her strength in project finance and asset finance transactions. She frequently acts for clients such as international banks and companies in the tech, real estate, drilling and oil and gas sectors.
‘Excellent team throughout – transaction-oriented. Excellent adaptation during the Covid-19 pandemic and all its problems.’
‘Harneys – Cyprus – is supportive of large-scale transactions and has the capabilities within the firm, which makes it stand out from the rest of the competitors. Its corporate finance team in particular is readily available to help and is innovative in finding solutions to quite often complex structures in a simplistic and remarkable way.’
‘The team is available at short notice and time zones are not an issue, which quite often can be an obstacle with various jurisdictions involved. The team members are problem solvers and work with a diligent approach to every little detail where there is no margin for error. The team is reliable in providing fantastic support working side by side with other advisors as one team.’
‘Very proactive and with attention to detail. Always feels that you are in safe hands. They have a great understanding of a client’s needs and address them in a very clear and effective manner.’
‘Nancy Erotocritou is the most outstanding legal professional I have interacted with. Extremely well mannered and knowledgeable.’
‘Theodoros Zafiropoulos is very experienced in transactions and has a solid legal background.’
Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec / AMP Capital
European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
Etalon Group PLC
TCS Group PLC
Banco BTG Pactual S.A
Anadarko Mozambique Area 1, Lda / PTT Exploration and Production Public Company Ltd
- Acted as Cypriot counsel to Etalon Group PLC (Etalon) in its secondary public offering of ordinary shares, including in the form of global depositary receipts (GDRs) listed on the London Stock Exchange and the Moscow Exchange. It was the first time a rights offering was conducted in Cyprus where the structure involved GDRs admitted to trading.
- Acted as Cypriot law counsel for the sponsors (including PTT Exploration and Production Public Company Limited and its Cyprus-based subsidiaries) in connection with all Cyprus law matters relating to the financing of the $20bn Mozambique LNG Project.
- Acted as Cyprus counsel to Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec, a global investment group, and AMP Capital, a global investment manager, on a €450m financing in secured notes issued by affiliates of Phoenix Tower International. The amount may be further increased by €325m, through an accordion feature.
Ioannides Demetriou LLC continues to act as the lead counsel to Cypriot and international banks on a wide range of complex finance transactions, and it also has a strong profile among semi-governmental organisations and large companies. In addition to undertaking transactional work, the 'highly efficient' team also handles a full array of regulatory and compliance matters. The group is jointly led by Pambos Ioannides, Christina Ioannidou and newly-promoted partner Katerina Hadjichristofi. Hadjichristofi is known for her work on a range of financial services regulatory matters and is knowledgeable about other issues, such as those concerning collective investment schemes. The 'fast and efficient team' is 'willing to go the extra mile'.
Other key lawyers:
‘Ioannides Demetriou LLC has a strong banking and finance practice, advising financial institutions on a wide spectrum of legal matters. They provide excellent hands-on partner involvement with outstanding lawyers’ support.’
‘Katerina Hadjichristofi is an excellent corporate lawyer, very committed and approachable. Her advice is practical and sound.’
‘The team that handles our requests for advice is highly skilled and knowledgeable, and responds to our requests in a timely manner. Its advice is relevant and practical, enabling decision-making from our management. They are available whenever you ask to speak to them and eager to offer advice either by phone or in writing.’
‘Our collaboration so far has been excellent and no problems have been encountered. They are a customer-friendly law firm and they are highly professional and well experienced, solving our queries promptly and efficiently.’
‘They are highly professional, well experienced, keen to be of assistance, and give efficient and prompt solutions to our queries and problems. Their work reflects their in-depth expert knowledge and experience.’
‘We have been working with Mrs Katerina Hadjichristofi for the last six years, during which she has shown the ability to understand our requests and make sure the team delivers tasks on-time. She has proven to be an expert in the financial services sector and specifically the investment funds industry. Moreover, she is always easy to reach and capable of working to strict deadlines.’
‘Savvas Yiordamlis is always happy to assist us and has excellent knowledge of the legal framework. It is a pleasure working with him.’
‘The cooperation with Ioannides Demetriou LLC is, at all times, excellent. The service is rigorous and the associates are always eager to assist. Christina Ioannidou is a professional with in depth knowledge of the legal framework in banking, finance and corporate issues and with a pragmatic approach. Savvas Yiordamlis is always available to assist and work under tight deadlines, whilst delivering quality of work, whether this relates to court or out of court issues.’
The Cyprus Stock Exchange
Eurobank Ergasias SA / Eurobank Cyprus Ltd
Hellenic Bank Public Co Ltd
VLPG Plant Ltd
Cybarco Development Ltd
Mercuria Energy Group
Apollo Global Equities Fund of Funds Vcic Plc
ING Bank N.V.
CNP Assurance / CNP Cyprus Insurance Holdings Ltd
Bank of Cyprus Public Co., Ltd
Hellas Direct Insurance Ltd
NKS Shacolas Group
Hermes Airports Ltd
Cyprus Organisation for Storage and Management of Oil Stocks
- Acting as lead local counsel to Louis Plc, a leading tourism organisation in the Southern Mediterranean and advised on a successful restructuring of around €250m financing with local and international credit institutions.
- Advising Cyprus Stock Exchange in relation to the co-operation structure with SIX SIX Switzerland and the joint venture relating to Athens Energy Stock Exchange.
Chrysses Demetriades & Co Law Office advises on a broad cross-section of transactions, with its work ranging from syndicated lending transactions and NPL recovery to securitisations, securities issuances and fund structurings. Demosthenes Mavrellis heads up the department, which regularly advises leading banks and other financial institutions on issues such as as acquisition financing, debt for asset swaps and other complex financial transactions. Recent highlights included advising on various listings of securities by Cypriot registered companies operating in Russia. Chrysses Demetriades is also recommended.
Other key lawyers:
‘Effective teamwork drawing on the skillset of each individual team member.’
‘Multidisciplinary knowledge, which helps interpret legal precedent appropriately and apply it to the relevant matter.’
‘The team is one of the most experienced on the island in this sector. High level of service and great responsiveness.’
‘Precise and prompt in their assignments. Deliverables of the highest quality.’
‘Exceptional team of professionals. Excellent quality of work and very cooperative.’
‘Professionalism and efficiency. Always available. personal attention of the partners. experts in their fields.’
‘They’re very responsive and quick to answer questions, particularly if things are urgent. They are very knowledgeable about Cypriot law as well and were very helpful with resolving commercial issues from a Cypriot standpoint. They also are very good at running their own work streams in parallel with ours, which is really helpful where there is a fast timetable or a lot of various work streams running in parallel. They are great team players.’
Bank of Cyprus PLC
Morgan Stanley LLC
Goldman Sachs Intl.
Piraeus Bank S.A
Alfa Bank S.A. (Athens)
J.P. Morgan International
The Leptos Group
Howden Broking Group
Barclays Bank PLc
NBG PANGAEA REIC
Steering Committee of Lenders to Interpipe
- Acted as Cypriot legal counsel for the representatives acting on behalf of several underwriters in connection with the public offering by Ozon Holdings Plc of an aggregate of 33,000,000 American Depositary Shares, representing 33,000,000 ordinary shares, of the company. The deal was valued in excess of $750m.
- Acted as Cypriot legal counsel for the underwriters on the $500m Initial Public Offering of the Cyprus registered United Medical Group CY PLC, Russia’s leading multidisciplinary premium-class healthcare services provider operating under the European Medical Center brand, on the Moscow Exchange. This was the first instance where a company not registered in the Russian Federation was introduced for listing in the Moscow Stock Exchange.
- Acted as legal advisers in Cyprus to various international purchasers and their representatives (i.e. J.P. Morgan Securities plc and Morgan Stanley & Co. LLC) in connection with the $2.5bn Senior Secured Notes issued by Energean Israel Finance Ltd, an Israeli subsidiary of Energean Israel Limited (Cy) for the purpose of, inter alia, financing the completion of the development of Energean’s Group flagship projects in Israeli (i.e. Karish and Tanin offshore gas fields).
George Y Yiangou LLC has considerable expertise in cross-border transactions, where it acts for various major lenders and corporate borrowers. In addition, it also regularly works with a number of major international law firms. The joint heads of the department are Chris Yiangou and Lory Cirstea, both of whom are well-regarded for their work on high-value asset-backed and refinancing deals. The team has notable experience of advising on investments in Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe, Greece and the Balkan countries. In addition, it frequently works with members of the litigation department to handle enforcement actions against defaulting borrowers.
VTB Bank (Europe) S.E.
VTB Bank PJSC
Sberbank of Russia
RCB Bank Ltd
Bank of Cyprus
Aareal Bank AG
Edmond de Rothschild (Suisse)
Unicredit Tiriac Bank
Romanian Commercial Bank
Bank of China
Credit Europe Bank
National Bank Trust
- Acted as Cyprus counsel to a syndicate of banks – consisting of Česká spořitelna, Komerční banka and UniCredit Bank Czech Republic and Slovakia – on the €550m complex refinancing of Fortuna Entertainment Group in the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Romania, Croatia and the Netherlands.
- Advising a major Russian bank on the funding of the acquisition by Perm Financial & Industrial Group (PFIG) of an additional stake (from Baring Vostok and Enforta) in Russia’s second largest fixed broadband operator ER-Telecom (conducted through the acquisition of shares in the Cyprus holding company of ER Telecom).
- Advising a major Russian Bank (acting as agent and security agent) on the Cypriot law aspects in relation to the settlement of debts owned by Matix Fertilisers to a consortium of 11 lenders.
Michael Kyprianou & Co. LLC is frequently instructed in cross-border transactions that involve financings in multiple currencies and industries as diverse as cosmetics, forestry, mining, energy, professional services and shipping. It typically acts on matters with a value in excess of €20m and has also been involved in a sizeable number of deals exceeding €100m. Tonia Antoniou and Lambros Soteriou co-head the department, which often works with leading international banks and global law firms on many high-value and complex matters. Ioanna Solomou and Lorena Charalambous are among the other names to note at senior level.
‘Commercially focused with swift turnaround times.’
‘Tonia Antoniou is knowledgeable, accessible and provides a great service.’
‘We are very happy with the services of MK’s banking practice and engage them for almost all our projects with Cyprus law. Their advice is always prompt, on-point and thorough.’
‘We are pleased to work with Lorena Chalarambous as our primary contact. She is always efficient and client-oriented.’
‘We have worked closely during the transaction with Mr. Kyriakos Constantinou, who is a very solution-driven lawyer and supported us promptly with high-quality legal advice.’
- Appointed by an international law firm to advise on a facility granted to one of the leading online marketplaces in Russia.
- Appointed by an international law firm to act for a bank in relation to the restructuring of the largest private investor in the port infrastructure in Southern Russia.
- Engaged by an international law firm to act on behalf of banks in completing the establishment of a pharmaceutical holding company, a leader on the Russian pharmaceutical market.
The team at Patrikios Pavlou & Associates LLC often advises on international loan restructurings and finance transactions. It frequently handles multijurisdictional mandates for major banks and financial institutions, in addition to working with international law firms and large corporates. It is adept at advising on issues such as complicated recovery cases and has a well-established presence in the international markets, with it acting for a variety of Russian, European, Asian and American banks. Stavros Pavlou and Lia Iordanou Theodoulou jointly lead the practice, which is also noted for its strengths advising on virtual currencies and crypto-assets.
‘The team at Patrikios Pavlou & Associates consists of gifted and creative consultants who consistently deliver high-quality services. Their energy and enthusiasm for service is endless and they always ensure a solution-focused and expertly designed outcome. The team is reliable, flexible and a pleasure to work with and I highly recommend them.’
‘Patrikios Pavlou & Associates LLC team holds the unique skill of providing high-quality legal advice while understanding the business’ needs. I would highly recommend each and every individual working at Patrikios Pavlou Law Firm.’
‘The firm’s managing partner, Stavros Pavlou, is a leading authority on Cypriot law. The team is diverse and well leveraged.’
‘Professional, knowledgeable – Stella Strati.’
‘Exceptional attention to details and to clients’ needs, high quality and ability to meet the strictest and ever-changing deadlines (this relates both to Angelos Onisforou and Angeliki Epaminonda)’.
‘Elena Georgiou, Lia Iordanou and Angeliki Epaminonda are excellent lawyers. They have great experience in Cyprus corporate law. Very fast feedback on various matters.’
‘Stavros Pavlou – very open and collaborative, personally involved in complicated matters. Angelos Onisiforou – very active, deep understanding of the case- bright witted and creative.’
Alpha Bank Cyprus Ltd
Bank of Cyprus Group
PJSC VTB Bank
Ivanyan & Partners
Deutsche Bank AG
Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Gazprombank International SA
International Capital Markets Association
Securities Lending Association
- For the fifth consecutive year, the firm was engaged by a major international oilfield service group to advise on the global restructuring carried out and concerning various companies of a large international oilfield service group, as well as to provide ongoing detailed restructuring advice on the mechanisms and steps for transferring the holding company of the group to Cyprus.
- Advising a Russian financial institution, in relation to the enforcement of security over the shares of four Cyprus companies, which indirectly holds shares in a Cyprus public company listed on the Tel Aviv stock Exchange. This is an important project involving secured obligations in excess of $200m, a complicated corporate structure with companies located in a number of different countries and numerous matters that need to be simultaneously performed in various jurisdictions.
- Providing specialised advice to a company operating as a distributor/agent for an Electronic Money Institution (EMI), which operates under the supervision of the Financial Conduct Authority in the UK and the Central Bank of Ireland. It is conducting lengthy negotiations for the settlement of disputes arising from technical malfunctions, providing legal assessments of the level of liability of the parties involved and engaging expert IT forensics to assist.
The team at A.G Erotocritou LLC is praised for its ‘commercial awareness’ and its ‘responsiveness’. It is regularly instructed by several international law firms and other corporate clients on a wide range of high-value projects. Areas of expertise include advising on securitisations and derivatives transactions. Its ‘highly skilled individuals’ also frequently provide legal opinions on complex issues and also often acts as escrow agents on significant financial transactions. Alexis Erotocritou heads up the department, which represents large domestic and international corporates and banks on a wide range of banking and finance matters.
‘We worked with Alexis and Grigoris. Alexis is a true leader, with very deep knowledge of banking and transactional work. He impressed our UK colleagues in several deals. He is a deal maker. Grigoris is also a very good and professional lawyer with high ethics.’
‘Alexis Erotocritou was our main point of contact and I was incredibly happy with how he was able to come up with solutions to issues that seemed to be at a dead end. I think what makes him stand out from his competitors and peers is a tailored solution that truly suits his clients’ needs. I would definitely recommend working with Alexis to any that set up business in Cyprus.’
‘The team has broad experience, where each member contributes his knowledge and dedication in perfect synergy. Alexis Erotocritou delivers results that always exceed expectations, not only doing what should be done, but suggesting a better approach and overall being proactive.’
‘Very knowledgeable and experienced people. Approachable 24 hours. I am impressed by the firm’s responsiveness, capabilities and commercial awareness.’
‘The firm is one of the best (if not the best) law firms we ever worked with and has all characteristics that you will find at an international law firm. The firm also handled several cases for our clients, some of whom were HNW.’
‘We worked on this area with Alexis Erotocritou and Maria Papatheodoulou. Alexis Erotocritou and Maria are excellent lawyers with high commercial awareness. Alexis is very responsive and has managed to solve various issues during several transactions we were part of. Maria is a bright junior lawyer.’
‘Very prompt when undertaking a task. The level of quality and professionalism in their firm is outstanding.’
‘We mostly work with Alexis Erotocritou. His knowledge of banking and finance matters is exceptional and his commitment to the client’s needs and best interests is commendable. He conducts himself with the highest of ethical standards and has a transparent approach to everyone he works with.’
Cyprus Shipping Association
Asian Pacific Bank
EQUITY – i
- Advised the global leader in technology and innovation on various regulatory issues surrounding the importing and exporting of products, as well as on other commercial and regulatory/licensing and real estate issues.
- Acting for one of the largest international banks on a refinancing of a multinational corporation, for a value exceeding €300m.
- Assisted and advised the directors of a leading multibillion worth international company active in the pharmaceutical industry, in the context of a particularly complex and large-scale refinancing and restructuring process.
Panayotis Mouaimis, Michalis Mouaimis and Andriani Mouaimi co-head the department at Mouaimis & Mouaimis LLC, which frequently acts as local counsel on various cross-border bilateral and syndicated financing transactions, as well as project finance mandates, among others. Clients include international banks, multinational companies and international groups of investors.
‘I am old fashioned. I look for competence, availability and results – all for a sensible price. This firm delivers that. Panayotis Mouaimis and Michalis Mouaimis are each excellent. Each delivers what I want: competence, availability and results – cost effectively.’
Dun and Bradstreet
McCormick & Company, Inc.
Stratus Technologies Inc.
Bayer Middle East FZE
International Finance Corporation
PJSC Myronivsky Hliboproduct / MHP SE
Wallem Group Limited
European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
- Advised a collateral agent on amendments to a financing agreement and a number of security documents securing the financing agreement entered into by Cyprus companies.
- Advising a collateral agent and an administrative agent for financing institutions established in the United States of America, in connection with a term loan facility agreement financing the acquisition of an international group of companies, secured by a number of security documents entered into by subsidiary companies of the group incorporated in Cyprus.
- Advising an international industrial group with headquarters in Ukraine, being a global producer of steel pipes and railway wheels, in connection with the issue of notes by the Cyprus holding company by the group.
STELIOS AMERICANOS & CO LLC has a strong track record in high-value cross-border transactions. Under the joint leadership of Despina Americanou and Stelios Americanos, the team advises on acquisition finance, project finance, refinancings, real estate finance and syndicated and bilateral lending. Clients include local and international commercial and investment banks, investment funds, government institutions and corporate borrowers. It also receives a regular flow of work from major international law firms.
Other key lawyers:
‘Stelios Americanos has a unique team of very experienced lawyers who can support on all types of banking transactions at a reasonable price. Olga Petrova is very responsive and always meets deadlines. Despina Americanou is always ready to help and resolve complex issues.’
‘This law firm provides solid advice at reasonable prices and is reliable. We regularly use them in large multijurisdictional transactions. They work efficiently and manage to get the government authorities to issue and apostille documents just as quickly.’
‘Stelios Americanos manages to get things done. He is the conductor of an orchestra that plays magnificently.’
‘The team is very competent and highly motivated to provide seamless legal support. Russian speaking partners are always available. Olga Petrova helps to coordinate resources with the firm effectively communicating with Russian speaking client.’
‘Stelios Americanos has a good banking and finance team. They respond to questions quickly and perform work in a timely manner. They have a good knowledge of the legal issues and are one of the better firms in Cyprus.’
‘Stelios Americanos and Despina Americanou are both very knowledgeable and know the market well. We also work with Olga Petrova, who as a Russian native speaker, is useful to have on Russian deals.’
VTB BANK (PJSC)
SAFE GROWTH INVESTMENTS AIFLNP V.C.I.C LTD
SBERBANK OF RUSSIA
EURASIA DEVELOPMENT BANK
CREDIT EUROPE BANK (RUSSIA) LTD.
ALFA BANK UKRAINE
TRUST BANK RUSSIA
EUROPEAN BANK FOR RECONSTRUCTION AND DEVELOPMENT
- Advised the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development on senior secured financing of the 60 MW Potegowo South wind farm.
- Advised the Raiffeisen Bank Romania on secured financing to a Romanian company.
- Advised VTB BANK (PJSC) on the restructuring of the Brunswick Group of companies.
AGP Law Firm | A.G. Paphitis & Co. LLC has a varied banking and finance practice, which frequently generates mandates from investors, shareholders, fund managers, investment brokers, banks and e-banks. Areas of strength include advising investment firms on cross-border EU passporting licence arrangements, as well as handling issues over escrow agreements. In addition, it is skilled at handling corporate finance transactions. The head of the department is Angelos Paphitis.
‘They have a very strong and competent team and I am very pleased with their services. I think the years of cooperation says it all. I wouldn’t have it any other way.’
‘While working with AGP for many years now I have spoken with most of the teams. If I must mention someone, it would be Angelos Paphitis, who is a highly competent lawyer and professional. Angelos is not only a very intelligent individual but also extremely responsive, supportive and willing to go the extra mile for clients. This, combined with a commercial perspective, makes him and his team a highly valued expert adviser. From the team I mostly work with Maria Hinni and Margarita Sofokleous, who are both well-educated and professional lawyers.’
‘As we have been working with AGP for so many years now I have cooperated with nearly most of the lawyers and consultants, particularly Angelos Paphitis, who is technically excellent, very engaged and proactive. He gives pragmatic, commercially relevant and timely advice. He is helpful with updates on relevant legal developments with a clear appreciation of their impact. Needless to say that he is an outstanding professional and a highly skilled advocate.’
‘Maria Hinni is very commercial, understands what’s important to us, meets deadlines and explains key concepts. Margarita Sofokleous is a wonderful legal counsel who is willing to put herself into the client’s shoes and provides consistent, effective, professional responses.’
‘Their team is growing constantly with new highly skilled and innovative professionals joining the department. AGP is always innovative in the way they operate as a firm especially when it comes to technology as this helps them better assist their clients which is their goal.’
‘I am in communication on a daily basis with Mrs Elena Kanarini, who is a very responsive individual, and I am happy with her ongoing availability in responding to our enquiries. I choose to work mostly with Elena and her team as she is a smart, fast, experienced and diligent professional. However when I need true practical and strong advice I always turn to Angelos Paphitis whom I try not to interrupt often. He is a strong character, with incredibly high knowledge when it comes to banking and finance laws.’
‘This law firm is part of a new generation; they are really specialised in banking and finance – not only in legal terms but also on regulatory aspects – which today is a win-win for us to have. They are up-to-date, able to provide all sorts of advice to us and we intend to support them.’
VS Energy Ltd
eToro Capital Ltd
Ruffell Holding Ltd
Finery Markets Ltd
Dogma Capital Ltd
Cliff Legal Services
Sheer Markets (Cyprus) Ltd
Pocketbook Holdings Limited
Nexmark Trade Limited
Prochoice Chrimatistiriaki Limited
Giambrone Law Firm (UK)
- Following the BTC-e scandal its client Weezzo Ltd (an electronic payment institution) had been damaged from a regulatory stand point. The firm was engaged to liaise closely with the Cyprus Central Bank to ensure that its client is fully compliant with all CBC and ESMA regulations. This involves the drafting and submitting of a plethora of financial documents all necessary to maintain the good standing of the company.
- Engaged by Nexmark Ltd to complete the voluntary liquidation of the company. As the company is registered in the Seychelles with business operations in Cyprus it was necessary to use expertise and knowledge of the regulations in both jurisdictions to ensure that all obstacles were overcome in a professional way.
- Leading the advice on the re-domiciliation of a Cyprus-based company to Switzerland. The main task is to ensure compliance with banking regulations in the new jurisdiction in order for the company to be able to execute the transactions necessary in a timely manner.
Alexandros Economou LLC's ‘extremely responsive’ and ‘deeply knowledgeable’ team regularly advises banks and other financial institutions, as well as large international groups of companies. It is also frequently instructed by major international law firms on sizeable cross-border financings. The ‘well-respected’ Alexandros Economou leads the group, whose recent work included debt refinancings, syndicated loans and real estate finance transactions.
‘The team at Alexandros Economou LLC has my highest recommendation. Not only are they extremely responsive and efficient, but they are also able to comprehend the clients’ needs and concerns. If I only had two words to describe the firm, those would be reliability and professionalism. When it comes to Cyprus law, we trust Alexandros Economou LLC with some of our toughest projects.’
‘What I find remarkable about the team is its dedication and team working skills. This gives us a great sense of comfort when working with them, especially knowing that Alexandros is peeking around the corner to alert us to any potential issues and concerns. Maria Katsikidou and Electra Theodorou have always been extremely efficient when advising us on Cyprus law matters.’
‘The team is very prompt and knowledgeable and the benefit of the firm is that you have direct access to the owner and the senior team. I am mostly liaising with Alexandros Economou, who is the owner of the business. Alexandros is very knowledgeable and commercial and is always able to provide his comments on any situation.’
‘The team consists of knowledgeable individuals who treat each case and client with sufficient care and diligence, always striving for the most suitable result that will satisfy the needs of the client. They have both a legal and a commercial understanding of the transaction at hand and their advice and comments are always invaluable.’
‘Alexandros Economou as the head partner, leads a well educated group of individuals, who form a very good team and it is always a pleasure working with them. Maria Katsikidou has been always attentive and spot-on on her comments and advices while at the same time delivering on time and always with the added value aspect. Electra Theodorou is a person who will always be responsive immediately, with sufficient care and value to her response.’
‘Very responsive and commercially minded. Clients are also content with their fee quote handling. Alexandros Economou (Partner): Great skills in swiftly understanding the structure of a cross-border deal and gives appropriate CY law solutions. Electra Theodorou (Associate): Prompt and precise, even under challenging circumstances.’
‘We can count on them delivering the results we target. Always available to undertake and explain legal and business aspects. Their experience and dedication is second to none. Alexandros Economou, Electra Theodorou and Maria Katsikidou make the best legal team I have ever worked with.’
‘Our group has worked with many law firms across the world over the years and I would not hesitate to say that Alexandros Economou LLC is at the top in the few areas they practice. Banking and Finance and M&As (in which we are constantly engaged in) are the core areas and we wouldn’t turn to anywhere else for legal work in these areas. Every single bit of advice they give is business-minded and at the same time so clear that even a child can comprehend it.’
Herbert Smith Freehills LLP (Moscow)
Norton Rose Fulbright (Central Europe) LLP
VTB Bank (PJSC)
A major real estate investment group in Romania
Tatra Banka, a.s.
A Cypriot investment company of foreign interests
A major real estate investment group in Greece
Kinross Gold Corporation
- Advised a major Russian Bank in connection with the restructuring of the financing of a Russian borrower (structured through Cyprus).
- Represented a major Russian bank in connection with a multi-million financing and refinancing of a Russian real estate group in connection with Russian properties held by Cyprus companies.
- Advised a major real estate investment group in Greece in connection with a multi-million financing and related securities.
Athos Demetriou Associates LLC remains the law firm of choice in Cyprus for a number of international law firms and several global conglomerates. It also acts for Cyprus-based and international financial institutions, as well as investment funds (including alternative investment funds). Its work covers asset finance transactions, syndicated loans, debt restructurings, and securities and other regulatory matters. Athos Demetriou and Anna Skouri co-head the department.
‘This is definitely a dedicated and talented team that has a client focused approach. The team provides expert professional and timely advice. It responded to the challenges brought by the COVID-19 pandemic and always catered to our needs. The quality of communication and politeness of the lawyers and paralegal staff are exceptional. The firm has excellent and well-drafted policies to ensure compliance with GDPR issues and the lawyers are business oriented. The firm’s billing is transparent.’
‘During the last year, I worked with Athos Demetriou and Anna Skouri. Athos Demetriou is an exceptional lawyer and very experienced in regulatory matters, financial services and banking projects. He is always available and ready to provide alternative legal and commercial oriented advices. Athos has great communication skills. Anna Skouri is always on top of things, is a skilled lawyer and can handle various matters quickly and efficiently. She provides high quality transactional work with a business approach.’
‘Athos and his team are a group of highly talented and experienced individuals, who are always at your disposal to address your needs. The team is very friendly and responsive and we have a great and efficient cooperation with them.’
‘The senior people are hands-on and always available, going the extra mile to best accommodate your needs in a timely manner.’
‘The partners have an excellent knowledge of the field, are able to safeguard your interests and provide valuable solutions for each case.’
‘Excellent technical knowledge and structured thinking process.’
‘Personalised service, deep technical expertise, involvement of senior partner in important and critical matters.’
‘One of the major advantages working with the team is the reliable and confidential service, as well as the deep knowledge of the material. The team includes Athos Demetriou and Anna Skouri – the cooperation with the team is invaluable.’
European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
Asian Development Bank
Allen & Overy (Czech Republic) LLP
Allen & Overy (Warsaw) LLP
Electric Networks of Armenia CJSC
Elgan Automotive Group
K. Treppides & Co Ltd
FxPro Financial Services Ltd
Alter Domus (Cyprus) Limited
Alter Domus Luxembourg
Allen & Overy (South Africa) LLP
HLB (Cyprus) Limited
Clifford Chance LLP
Latomia Pharmakas PLC
Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Fortuna Entertainment Group N.V.
Meteor Motortech Kereskedelmi Kft.
- Legal advisers to European Bank for Reconstruction in relation to their financing to Electric Networks of Armenia CJSC for the ENA Investment Program Phase 2.
- Acting as the legal advisers with ALLEN & OVERY (CZECH REPUBLIC) LLP in connection with a financing instruction and financing for Fortuna Entertainment Group NV by Česká spořitelna, a.s., Komerční banka, a.s., UniCredit Bank Czech Republic and Slovakia, a.s.
- Acting as special Cypriot counsels through NORTON ROSE FULBRIGHT LLP, to a number of lenders for a refinancing to a joint stock company.
Deloitte Legal | Hadjianastassiou, Ioannides LLC works with major international and local banks, as well as European institutions, on a whole host of financing projects. Under the joint leadership of Kypros Ioannides and Andreas Thoma, the team advises on secured and unsecured loans, debt refinancings and the restructuring of non-performing loans, among other matters. It also assists clients with bank regulations and compliance issues. Calliopi Nicolaidou, who joined from Hellenic Bank, advises on various regulatory issues.
‘A team of knowledgeable, well qualified and experienced colleagues, who are always ready and responsive to give proper advice. Andreas Thoma is a respectful colleague having the capacity to lead his team, manage its workload and indicate the best available solution for the client.’
‘Always looking for innovative and creative ideas in a challenging environment. Bright and forward looking with vast knowledge and experiences.’
‘Excellent and knowledgeable personnel. Commercial approach, great responsiveness.’
‘The firm has recently been enhanced through a new partner: Calliopi Nicolaidou. Calliopi brings with her a breadth of experiences from London and local systemic banks, which makes her unique in her delivery.’
‘The team in general is very responsive, and they delivered everything on time (even when the deadlines were less reasonable). Their approach was cool-headed, and they were very professional, especially during calls.’
‘I have worked mostly with Natalie Sepou. She was very pleasant to work with and very responsive. Most of my questions were answered promptly and her follow-on questions were very pertinent. I have also worked with Sofia Panayi from Natalie’s team and she was a big help, especially when Natalie was on holiday.’
Astro Bank Ltd
Bank of Cyprus
Bank of Scotland plc/ Lloyds Banking Group
Commercial Estates Group Limited
CSC Group Ltd (holding company of CSC24Seven.Com Limited an electronic money institution licensed by the Central Bank of Cyprus and is also the holding company of CSC Bank Lebanon
- Advised a systemic credit institution in Cyprus on the application of the bail-in tool in the context of the resolution of credit institutions and assisting in the preparation of a bail-in playbook requested by the Single Resolution Board, the central resolution authority within the Banking Union.
- Advising an international bank on a complex financing structure involving credit facilities to 13 Cypriot companies, subsidiaries of a Luxembourg fund of €380m.
- Advising a major Czech bank on the Cypriot aspects of a facility loan agreement of approximately CZK290m granted to a Czech private company for the development and construction of the largest indoor amusement park in the Czech Republic.
KINANIS LLC fields a ‘very diligent and active’ team, which is ‘highly responsive’. It acts for borrowers and guarantors, international lenders and high-profile credit institutions, as well as selling shareholders, among other clients. The firm is also an approved nominated adviser by the Cyprus Stock Exchange, providing full support to clients admitting their companies on the Emerging Companies Markets. In addition the group is recommended for its expertise in blockchain technology. Christos P Kinanis and Andri Michael are the joint heads of the department.
‘Kinanis LLC had an amazing approach and insight for the subject matter. Extremely professional, provided practical, suitable and on time advice. At the same time, they made us feel we had their full support and they delivered when it mattered most. We had an excellent service and efficient communication with all the associates we dealt with.’
‘As a client, I feel confident that the team knows what issues are key to me and they need little background information or anything else to offer to the point service. I have been working mostly with Maria Makridou. Maria is great at managing the daily tasks and maintaining working relationships with servicing banks and state institutions.’
‘I find Andri Michael and Andrea Ioakim to be very knowledgeable, kind, loyal, trustworthy, cooperative, assisting, excellent to work with and sensible.’
‘In comparison with other institutions, Kinanis LLC’s banking team is always proactive and solution-oriented. Their main task is for a client to be satisfied and achieve a result. We have been working with this company for more than 20 years. It is the best confirmation of our appreciation.’
‘Banking and finance is one of the main practices at Kinanis LLC and the one they are truly renowned for. They have invaluable experience of cross-border corporate finance transactions and secured and unsecured lending. In their work they combine in-depth financial expertise, commercial awareness and technical proficiency.’
‘We work with Christos P.Kinanis and Yiolanda Rotsides and other lawyers of Kinanis LLC. They are highly experienced, versatile and dynamic specialists whose expertise is always surprising us. There were a number of very complex and challenging tasks involving these lawyers and their performance was nothing short of amazing.’
‘Kinanis LLC’s team is thorough, innovative and forward-looking and our mutual clients appreciate this. We are very pleased that we cooperated successfully on all our mutual projects especially while serving a client in the financial technology industry. The team’s interest and knowledge in technology (blockchain) provides a competitive advantage when compared maybe with other firms.’
ZoidPay (ZCN Zoid Ltd)
EOS Multi-strategy Fund Ltd
GKP Law Firm
AUDE FM Ltd
EpendiCY RAIF V.C.I.C. PLC
Vonpende Holdings PLC
- Advised PeopleCert Group on securing a €300m loan facility for the acquisition of AXELOS Limited, a UK-based joint venture.
Michael Damianos & Co LLC advises on a broad range of matters, such as asset finance, debt restructuring, real estate finance, acquisition finance and corporate finance transactions. The practice is regularly called upon to advise on the Cypriot law elements of international transactions and receives a steady flow of referrals from major international law firms. Michael Damianos leads the team.
Other key lawyers:
‘I am old fashioned. I look for competence, availability and results – all for a sensible price. This firm delivers that.’
‘Michael Damianos is excellent. He delivers what I want: competence, availability and results – cost effectively.’
‘The team is very flexible and ready to find unique solutions. Very responsive.’
‘Michael Damianos is very experienced and was able to address most of the many queries arising during the transaction on the spot or shortly thereafter.’
‘The team is always available and ready to help, however short notice you may have.’
‘Michael is a star Cyprus lawyer, who has been a well-known and professional practitioner for years. I would particularly highlight his commercial and pragmatic approach towards tackling various legal issues, coupled with his amazing responsiveness, which makes him stand out in the market. Also, Maria Anastasiadou is an associate to be mentioned; she is smart and quickly grasps your questions, and delivers practical advice.’
‘Lawyers are practical, to the point and dedicated to achieving the corporate goal of transaction.’
‘Michael Damianos is dedicated to the matter, responsive and forward thinking.’
Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld
CMS Cameron McKenna
Bird & Bird LLP
Watson Farley & Williams
Asters Law Firm (Ukraine)
Hogan Lovells LLP
Simmons & Simmons LLP
Resolute Asset Management LLP
Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
Rybalkin, Gortsunyan & Partners
Maples Teesdale LLP
PYRGOU VAKIS LAW FIRM's work portfolio includes debt restructurings, project finance transactions and banking litigation. In addition to undertaking domestic mandates, it advises various national and international companies on a broad array of cross-border matters. The department heads are Melina Pyrgou, Demetris Vakis and Georgia Papa.
‘Approachable, reachable, professional, quality product, timely deliverable, reasonable pricing. Always available, pleasant, delivers on time, professional, high technical competence.’
- Advised one of the largest banks in Cyprus on corporate, commercial and financial matters in relation to amending the facilities agreement already entered into with one of its clients as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. The deal value was €211m.
- Acted as the legal advisor relating to Cyprus matters for a big player in the energy sector in relation to financing the repayment of SEK 500m senior secured fixed rate bonds and advised the client on corporate, commercial, and financial matters relating to the transaction.
- Advised a longstanding client on a large-scale investment project relating to the development, construction and operation of a wind farm operated by the client’s subsidiary, a company registered in Finland. The deal value was €36.8m.
COSTAS TSIRIDES & CO LLC frequently provides legal opinions on banking matters and is adept at advising on asset-swaps, loans, mortgages and assignment agreements. It acts for a number of local and foreign banks and financial institutions. Alexandros Tsirides, Photini Tsirides and Irina Loutchina co-head the department.
‘The firm’s team comprises of professionals covering a wide spectrum of legal expertise and thus is able to offer comprehensive support and advice to their clients. They are responsive, efficient and attentive to their clients’ needs, with forward-thinking problem solving skills.’
‘Irina Loutchina has been a valued adviser to us in relation to banking and finance matters, always eager to assist with her practical problem solving skills. She has an exceptional turnaround in delivering her advice, and her dedication and availability make her our go-to external counsel. She has excellent communication skills and deep knowledge and understanding of the issues at hand.’
‘An honest and effective team which works closely with the client and delivers!’
‘Fast and reliable partners. Alexandros Tsirides and Irina Loutchina are effective and honest partners in their fields.’
Harris Kyriakides acts for prominent financial institutions and funds on a diverse range of banking and finance matters, with work ranging from advice on regulatory issues to debt restructurings. Clients include local banks, credit acquiring companies and financial intermediaries. The department heads are Nicolas Kyriakides and Georgia Karamalli.
‘They are quick and professional. Highly educated.’
Bank of Cyprus Public Company Limited
National Bank of Greece (Cyprus) Limited
Astrobank Public Company Limited
Hellenic Bank Public Company Limited
DJK Group of Companies
- Acting as a key legal adviser to the client for the performance of a due diligence exercise for the potential purchase of a portfolio of non-performing loans.
- Acted as a key legal adviser to the client in relation to the initiation of enforcement measures and separate claims against the defendants for the fraudulent alienation of assets and the unwinding of a sham trust in the United Kingdom.
- Advised a client on the debt restructuring of the credit facilities of one of the client’s largest debtors in Cyprus. The firm was responsible for drafting the complex restructuring agreement and all pertinent documentation, and also took part in the restructuring deal negotiations.
Montanios & Montanios LLC is particularly known for its strong transport asset financing practice. Another strength of the practice is ship financing work; the team is instructed by all four major Cypriot banks on their ship finance deals. Under the leadership of Acis Montanios and Adam Montanios the versatile team also advises on aviation leasing and finance, as well as other areas such as project finance and corporate finance. In addition, the firm acts for clients in actions relating to the recovery of non-performing loans.
‘Strong, experienced team, well connected in the market and particularly the Cyprus legal and maritime community. Partners are readily available to help and the firm is committed to delivering on time.’
‘High calibre, very experienced individuals, with strong skills, friendly attitude and a commercial approach.’
‘Great team – very reliable and professional. Without doubt this is the best choice in the Cyprus market and I would never hesitate to get them on board for any project involving Cyprus. Elvina Montanios is our go-to contact for any Cyprus law work. She is very professional and experienced and always on call.’
‘Adam Montanios and Anna-Maria Leotsakou are both excellent. Very responsive, very commercial and easy to work with.’
‘I have worked with Montanios & Montanios for many years. They are very professional, responsive and experts in their field. The “go-to” firm in Cyprus on ship finance matters. The team at Montanios & Montanios is excellent. I have dealt with Maria Toumazi for many years and, more recently, Anna-Maria Leotsakou. They are both excellent lawyers, very professional and a pleasure to work with.’
‘The partners are hands-on and very capable, good explanations of legal systems, background law, follow up by phone if more expedient, efficient and also very pleasant to work with. Adam Montanios is very service minded and does also follow up by phone to explain complex issues to avoid unnecessary email exchanges and lengthy debates. Gets the deal done within the requested time.’
Abn Amro Bank N.V.
Aegean Baltic Bank S.A.
Astrobank Public Company Limited
Australis Maritime London
Banco Santander, S.A.
Bank of Cyprus Public Company Limited
Credit Agricole Corporate and Investment Bank
National Bank Greece S.A.
- Acting for a joint venture in relation to a > $100m financing for solar parks in Italy.
- Advised a syndicate of international banks in relation to a financing of > $50m financing transaction for the purchase of shares in a south-west Asian company.
- Advising on a sale and leaseback transaction relating to a number of vessels under Cyprus flag operated by one of the world’s largest shipping groups.
Papadopoulos, Lycourgos & Co LLC is skilled at handling an array of loan restructurings and acts for various national and international lenders. It is well-placed to handle significant multijurisdictional transactions with Dimitris Papadopoulos at the helm. Maria Spanou is another notable member of the group.
Other key lawyers:
‘Knowledge of sophisticated legal documents (e.g. LMA) – capacity and competency to cope with complicated corporate cases. Problem solving mindset and a culture to offer solutions.’
‘The team members stand out for their responsiveness, availability, integrity, delivery of work, knowledge, professionalism and constructive cooperation.’
Prountzos & Prountzos LLC has a wide-ranging banking and finance practice. Andria Koukounis has a particular focus on project finance and secured lending transactions. Koukounis regularly advises financial institutions on various legal and regulatory matters and also represents them in contentious proceedings. Managing partner Charalambos Prountzos is another key figure in the department. The practice also excels in advising on non-performing loans and debt for asset swaps.
Other key lawyers:
Euroasia Interconnector Ltd
Aretha Capital Limited
- Advised Euroasia Interconnector Limited on the construction contracts and the financing of a €1.5bn subsea electricity interconnector running through Cyprus, Greece and Israel.
Tornaritis Law Firm‘s team is skilled at advising on a range of financial transactions and commercial loans. It is also highly regarded for its work in financial services and regulatory matters. It frequently advises on a wide range of medium to high-value banking disputes. In addition the practice is experienced in advising on actions on behalf of banks, corporate clients and individuals and has acted on a number of significant cases in the investment banking sector. Alexandros Alexandrou and Criton Tornaritis are among the primary contacts.
‘Mr Alexandros Alexandrou is our point of contact. He is a highly professional legal adviser, with in-depth knowledge of the legal framework, as well as the peculiarities governing our bank. He is always a person to rely on and has guided us successfully through complicated situations and legal battles.’
Receivers/Managers of Orphanides Public Co Limited
Cyprus Popular Bank Public Co Ltd in Special Administration
Hellenic Bank Public Company Ltd
BDO Cyprus (Insolvency & Restructuring)
Quantuma UK & Cyprus
Special Administrator of Cyprus Popular Bank Public Co Ltd
LRC UK Group
Ellinas Finance Public Company Ltd
Delta Capital Partners Management LLC
WTE Wassertechnik GMBH
Nest Investments Holdings (Cyprus) Ltd
Andreas Christophorides and Associates LLC
L.B. Landbank Properties Constultants Ltd
AstroBank Public Company Limited
QQuant Master Servicer Cyprus Limited
Trust International Insurance Company Limited
Verta Insurance & Reinsurance Brokers (Cyprus) Limited
- Continued to advise the special administrator of Cyprus Popular Bank on all aspects of the Recovery and Resolution of Credit Institutions and Investment firms Directive and the law implementing the directive in Cyprus (3 BL).
- Advised NEST INVESTMENTS HOLDINGS LIMITED on various Cyprus law and regulatory issues.
- Advised CYPRUS POPULAR BANK PUBLIC CO LTD and its special administrator on a dispute created over a leakage claim and arbitration resolution of dispute process (7M dispute).