Intellectual property in Bosnia & Herzegovina
Clients praise PETOŠEVIC as 'the leading firm in intellectual property in Bosnia And Herzegovina'; it handles the full spectrum of IP matters with a focus on IP litigation, prosecution and counterfeiting cases. The team's international reach spans 30 jurisdictions across the CEE region, which ensures clients receive a notable cross-border service. Practice head Tarik Prolaz leads the team, which fields experts including Berina Prolaz and trade mark enforcement specialist Ana Stojanovic.
‘PETOŠEVIĆ is one of our most trusted legal partners in the region for multiple years. They are very knowledgeable and responsive, we always count on their sound advice.‘
‘Very outstanding partners and associates in multiple areas of intellectual property -including in Bosnia And Herzegovina. Among others, I can name Ana Stojanovic, Mihajlo Zatezalo and Tarik Prolaz, all of them with the highest level of integrity and professionalism.’
- Represented Lorenc IP in a trade mark dispute spanning various countries.
Led by NedžIda Salihović-Whalen, the IP team at CMS Reich-Rohrwig Hainz D.O.O. in cooperation with local lawyers handles trade mark registrations and protection issues, and litigation work. The team has sector strength across the consumer goods and pharmaceuticals fields, and regularly advises leading industry clients on patent infringement cases and general regulatory issues.
Naspers / MIH Group
Interstate Hotels & Resorts Company
NEXE Grupa d.d.
- Acting for a pharmaceuticals giant in a high-profile dispute with a Bosnian company relating to trade mark and patent infringement matters.
- Representing a leading UK cosmetic brand in a trade mark infringement case.
Karanovic & Partners in cooperation with local lawyers provide clients with a regional practice, which handles IP enforcement rights and advises on copyright issues. Nihad Sijerčić is the key partner to note and leverages his corporate expertise.
United Media S.à.r.l.
Association of cable operators (UDMU)
- Advising one of the leading cable television and broadband internet service providers in Bosnia and Herzegovina, with regard to various copyright issues.
- Representing one of the largest pharmaceuticals companies globally in several trade mark infringement disputes.
- Advising an American coffee house chain on the protection of its trade marks and other IP matters in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
The 'great' IP team at Law Office Mirna Milanovic-Lalic has an established track record in acting for high-profile clients across the technology and pharmaceuticals industries. Led by Mirna Milanović-Lalić, the group handles all aspect of IP law with a focus on trade marks and IP litigation. Jasmina Suljović is recommended for her advisory expertise, which she uses to advise financial institutions, and associate Belma Dervišević has data protection knowledge.
Ministry of Programming
Teva Pharmaceutical Industries / PLIVA
Networks Int and Foundation Networks
Association of Filmmakers of Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Representing the Association of Filmmakers of Bosnia and Herzegovina in several administrative disputes against the Institute for Intellectual Property relating to obtaining the status of collective management association, and also handling negotiations with right-holders.
- Represented Pliva as intervenor in several disputes relating to a trade mark, which was successfully annulled by the Institute for Intellectual Property.
- Advising Baumit on trade mark applications and acting in trade mark disputes with a competitor.
Maric & Co Law Firm's IP practice takes a cross-department approach, and handles the full spectrum of IP matters ranging from trade mark issues to data protection work. Clients praise practice head Anisa Tomić as 'reliable, responsive and knowledgeable about regulatory practice in Bosnia'; Tomić is recommended for her considerable experience in industrial design rights and copyright mandates.
‘Anisa Tomić is our IP go-to person; reputable, responsive, knowledgeable and practical.‘
‘One of most reputable law firms on the legal market; in regard to IP one of few legal firms that combines knowledge and long term experience.‘
‘Maric law office is highly recognised amongst international and domestic clients in providing law services of wide range and variety. Their ability and experience in dealing with all situations arising on domestic market definitely placed them as one of the leading law offices in the country.‘
Fortenova Group (Agrokor)
Coca Cola HBC
Sanrio Ltd. Japan
Lego Juris A/S
Procter & Gamble
Fruit Shippers Limited
- Advised Agrokor/Fortenova Grupa on a large trade mark portfolio transfer of rights and recording of changes in national trade mark registers.
- Providing ongoing exclusive legal assistance on Google and YouTube projects with respect to internet-related services and products, online advertising, video sharing, copyrights, data privacy, legal removals, consumer protection.
- Providing ongoing legal advice to Porsche on its Car Connect Services offered in Bosnia and Herzegovina in relation to practical, regulatory and data privacy challenges.
Law Office Miljkovic & Partners' practice is led by Amar Bajramović, who is noted for his advisory work for multinational clients on trade marks and contentious IP disputes. The group also has key cross-border experience, which managing partner Sead Miljković enhances through his corporate expertise.
LC Waikiki Group
Ghetaldus Optika d.o.o. Sarajevo
- Acting for dm drogeriemarkt in copyright litigation.
- Advising Megamix d.o.o. Sarajevo on allegations relating to the potential infringement of its trade mark in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Law firm SAJIC
Law firm SAJIC has notable experience representing clients in contentious IP matters relating to infringement and trade mark issues. In the team, senior associate Željko Vlačić is the main contact and leverages his expertise in patents work; Aleksandar Sajić and senior associate Ognjen Bogdanić are also part of the core practice.
Aleksandar Sajić; Željko Vlačić; Ognjen Bogdanić
SUPPORT MARKETING CENTAR doo Banja Luka
ALTERNATIVA MEDICA d.o.o. Loznica
AQUA – SYSTEM doo Prnjavor
- Representing AMUS in over 50 cases relating to copyright infringements.
- Representing a client in the food industry in proceedings regarding the protection of its trade mark and industrial property rights.