PETOŠEVIC has an excellent market reputation across the intellectual property space and handles high-value litigation, prosecution and counterfeiting cases. Tarik Prolaz, who leads the team from the Sarajevo office, undertakes a number of contentious mandates for global clients operating in the hospitality and automotive sectors. The practice is able to leverage its wide pan-CEE network to undertake cross-border work. Berina Prolaz is a core member of the group, as is Ana Stojanovic, who specialises in trade mark enforcement work.
Intellectual property in Bosnia & Herzegovina
Other key lawyers:
Berina Prolaz; Ana Stojanovic
- Representing a multinational furniture retail company in an infringement lawsuit.
- Handling a trademark opposition for a multinational clothing company
- Advised a multinational automobile manufacturer on an infringement matter
At CMS Reich-Rohrwig Hainz D.O.O. in cooperation with local lawyers, the IP group handles a steady stream of trade mark registration matters and litigation. Practice head Nedžida Salihović-Whalen regularly advises leading clients in the pharmaceuticals and consumer goods sectors. Other members of the team include senior associate Zlatan Balta.
Other key lawyers:
Naspers / MIH Group
Interstate Hotels & Resorts Company
NEXE Grupa d.d.
- Represented a leading regional food brand ŽITO DD in a trade mark infringement case against a local company.
Karanovic & Partners in cooperation with local lawyers advises clients on obtaining and enforcing IP rights, as well as transfers of IP portfolios in connection with corporate transactions. Nihad Sijerčić heads up the practice in Sarajevo, which is part of a wider regional team in South Eastern Europe. Work for pharmaceutical sector clients is a notable area of strength for the group.
- Advised Pliva, a Croatian pharmaceutical company (a member of the Teva Group), and its Bosnian subsidiaries in various IP issues.
- Managing Rakuten’s trademark registration and maintenance proceedings, including but not limited to filings before the Bosnian Intellectual Property Office.
- Representing Telemach (together with Mirna Milanović-Lalić, as our co-counsel on this matter), one of the leading cable television and broadband internet services providers in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
At Maric & Co Law Firm, the multidisciplinary IP practice handles the full range of work for clients, including transfers of trade marks, copyright litigation and IP-related tax issues. Team head Anisa Tomić is highlighted for her 'professional and timely' approach by clients. The group is a founding member of an alliance bringing together twelve firms in the SEE region, and is well-placed to provide a cross-border service. Multinational corporations are among the firm's clients.
‘They are very responsive and detailed in correspondence, which is in a timely manner.’
‘Anisa Tomic is a skilled and responsive professional in the field of IP protection in Bosnia and Herzegovina.’
‘Maric & Co Law Firm and IP practice head Ms. Anisa Tomic are great experts in dealing with the national IP Office. Their reputation and knowledge make them stand out in local market and their response and experience make them a great partner to work with. ’
‘Ms. Anisa Tomic stands out on the national market, as she strikes the right balance between experience, knowledge but also responsiveness and hands-on approach to entrusted matters. It is easy to work with Anisa and I would recommend her to international companies looking for representatives in Bosnia.’
Fortenova Group (Agrokor)
Belje plus d.o.o.
Coca Cola HBC
Mliječna industrija 99 d.o.o.
Sanrio Ltd. Japan
Lego Juris A/S
Procter & Gamble
Fruit Shippers Limited
Formitas d.o.o. Ljubljana
ASSOCIATION DE Gestion Internationale Collective des Oeuvres Audiovisuelles- AGICOA
- Retained as an exclusive outside counsel in Bosnia and Herzegovina for Google LLC and its subsidiary YouTube LLC.
- Advised Porsche GmbH and Audi GmbH on practical and regulatory aspects of introduction car connect services – new technologies for the Bosnian market.
- Advised Fortenova Group on large trademark portfolio transfer of rights and recordal of changes in national trademark registers.
Law Office Mirna Milanovic-Lalic handles a broad cross-section of IP-related matters for clients operating in sectors such as film, TMT and pharmaceuticals. Its team is experienced in advising start-ups, and local and foreign corporates, on the enforcement of IP rights. Mirna Milanović-Lalić co-heads the practice with Jasmina Suljović, who advises financial institutions and has a strong transactional background. In addition, the group has data protection expertise and it also advises on trade mark issues.
Mirna Milanović-Lalić; Jasmina Suljović
Ministry of Programming d.o.o. Sarajevo
Teva Pharmaceutical Industries/ PLIVA
Networks Int and Foundation Networks d.o.o. Sarajevo
Addiko Bank d.d. Sarajevo
Xenon forte d.o.o. Sarajevo
Bien-Etre Labs LLC
Balcanica d.o.o. Sarajevo
CWT Bosnia and Herzegovina
Dekonta d.o.o. Sarajevo
SMITH General Tools d.o.o. Sarajevo
Association of Filmmakers
Telemach d.o.o. Sarajevo
MIKRO+POLO d.o.o. Sarajevo
Glosarij CD d.o.o. Podgorica
- Advised Pliva Hrvatska d.o.o., a member of Teva Pharmaceutical Industries on a lawsuit.
- Representing the Association of Filmmakers of Bosnia and Herzegovina, in several administrative disputes against the Institute for Intellectual Property for obtaining the status of collective management association and in negotiations with right-holders.
Law Office Miljkovic & Partners advises multinational corporates and domestic clients on the registration of trade marks, as well as franchising and licensing. On the contentious side, it represents clients in court proceedings over trade mark infringements, among other matters. The head of the practice is Amar Bajramović. Sead Miljković is another key contact.
Other key lawyers:
LC Waikiki Group
Ghetaldus Optika d.o.o. Sarajevo
- Advising dm drogeriemarkt on the registration of a trade mark UVIJEKPOVOLJNO.
- Advising dm drogeriemarkt on a dispute over an alleged copyright infringement.
Law firm SAJIC
Law firm SAJIC handles both contentious and non-contentious IP matters, with a particular strength in patent litigation. Aleksandar Sajić jointly leads the team with senior associate Željko Vlačić, who focuses on patent law, trade marks and copyright. The team is notably active in the telecoms and energy sectors, where it acts for both domestic and regional clients.
Aleksandar Sajić; Željko Vlačić
‘Very professional and very fast.’
The Association of Composers – Musical Creators (AMUS)
Support Marketing Centar
Radio Television of Republika Srpska – RTRS
Gunsan Elektrik Malzemeleri San. ve Tic A.S.
- Representing the Association of Music Creators of Bosnia and Herzegovina in over fifty copyright infringement cases.
- Advised Radio Television of Republika Srpska both contentious and non-contentious work in the areas of trade marks, copyright, designs, licensing, R&D, trade secrets and patents.
- Advised Telemax in the procedure of protection of industrial design in front of the Institute for Intellectual Property.