With expertise across a range of practice areas, AM Law Firm's full-service offering covers tax, family law and private client services, corporate and M&A, and litigation, among others. Managing partner Grigor Minasyan leads a sizeable team, which includes Yeva Arakelyan, who specialises in corporate and commercial law; and litigation expert David Hunanyan, who is an experienced advocate for corporate and private clients in civil and criminal litigation.
Leading firms in Armenia
AM Law Firm
Concern Dialog law firm fields 'a very professional and experienced' team with 'excellent analytical skills' in the areas of real estate, insolvency, corporate and commercial law and dispute resolution, with a good amount of activity in cross-border litigation and arbitration. Key figures in the 'highly proficient' team include real estate partner Sedrak Asatryan; Aram Orbelyan, who heads the disputes practice and has experience representing the Armenian government in ICSID arbitration; and corporate partner Narine Beglaryan. Counsel Artur Hovhannisyan is also of note for administrative law disputes.
‘The Concern-Dialog Firm does an excellent job. The Firm formulates an effective strategy for each case that is assigned to them. Concern-Dialog keeps confidentiality and gained our trust to go from short-term assignments to long-term partnership.’
‘The leading team is highly proficient and experienced. They are also good at management of large teams.’
‘All staff of Concern Dialog that we worked with are very professional, experienced, have excellent analytical skills; they are punctual, meet deadlines.’
Government of Armenia
Armavir Water Users Association
Veolia Djur CJSC
Renaissance Cultural and Intellectual Foundation
Ministry of Transport and Infrastructure
- Acted as co-counsel to CMS Hasche Sigle defending the government of Armenia in an ICSID arbitration commenced by E. Khudyan and Arin Capital & Investment Corporation against the Republic of Armenia.
- Represented Veolia Djur CJSC in an antitrust dispute challenging a fine imposed by the State Commission for the Protection of Economic Competition.
- Advised Renaissance Cultural Intellectual Foundation on the opening of novelist William Saroyan’s house museum in Fresno, California.
K&P Law Firm houses 'an excellent team of highly qualified lawyers', who provide 'premium quality legal advice' in the fields of banking and finance, corporate and M&A, competition, real estate and insurance. Managing partner Vardan Stepanyan focuses on banking and corporate transactions in the energy, media and telecoms space, whereas Tatul Khudatyan advises on real estate and regulatory matters. Counsel Anna Hakobyan is of note for cross-border transactions and regulations involving international commerce and inbound foreign investments.
‘It is an excellent team of highly qualified lawyers. In the scope of our cooperation, we have received premium quality legal advice from K&P lawyers, which is always coupled with sector specific knowledge and deep understanding of the clients’ needs and interests. They are dynamic lawyers, who have a deep understanding of the nature of the field. We do continue our smooth collaboration with K&P Law Firm appreciating their highly professional, ethical qualities and positive attitude.’
‘The team is very well experienced and has deep knowledge of the Armenian Law. They are trustworthy and transparent, and they deal in a highly professional manner with their client.’
- Assisting Siemens with various issues including establishing a branch in Armenia, corporate governance issues and on various issues of Armenian law, including data protection.
- Assisted VTB Bank with a loan provided to “Teghout” CJSC, a major copper and molybdenum mine in Armenia, and the security created over the shares, movable and immovable assets of the borrower to secure such loan.
- Assisting Nederlandse Financierings-Maatschappij voor Ontwikkelingslanden N.V. (FMO) with various local banking laws and regulations in connection with the facilities provided to commercial banks in Armenia.
Legelata Law firm has a historically strong reputation in banking and finance, and is regularly instructed by banks including Evocabank, Ameriabank and credit organisations such as Express Credit UCO. In the intellectual property space, trade mark and patent attorney Alla Hakhnazaryan has been assisting technology companies with patent filing and registration. Corporate partner Gor Margaryan chairs the practice.
Corsan Corviam Construccion SA Armenian Branch
Express Credit UCO
- Assisting a client with respect to operations, including relating to software transfer, licensing, software as service and other arrangements.
- Advising on the acquisition of group of companies by Granicus Inc. and its affiliates.
Focusing on general business consultancy and legal support, Ameria Legal and Tax Advisors advises a myriad of international and domestic clients on inbound investments, tax structuring, corporate governance and all related legal aspects of operating in Armenia. On the contentious side, the firm represents corporate and private clients in commercial litigation. Managing partner David Sargsyan is the key figure.
Specialising in corporate law, tax advisory and accounting, and commercial litigation, EY Law is known for its strong reputation for tax disputes. Levon Gevorgyan is the key partner in the Yerevan office, frequently working alongside Moscow-based colleagues on cross-border M&A transactions and tax disputes.
Air Company Armenia
- Advised Chaarat Gold Holding on a $40m borrowing from a syndicated of three Armenian banks for the purpose of acquiring Kapan Mining & Processing Combine CJSC from PMTL Holding Ltd.
- Assisted Agarak Copper Molybdenum Combine with the development of a litigation strategy in respect of a $4m tax (royalty) dispute.
- Acting as local counsel to Corsan Corviam Construccion S.A. in an ICC dispute against the Ministry of Transport & Communication.
ILC (International Legal Consulting)
At ILC (International Legal Consulting), managing partner Edith Khachatourian provides 'clear and prompt advice 24/7 on a wide spectrum of corporate, commercial and antitrust issues'. She is also noted for her experience working with and supporting foreign investors and international businesses with operations in Armenia.
‘ILC gives practical employment advice. They made themselves readily available to assist and were excellent partners in a recent transaction.‘
‘The firm is able to provide services across the desk, which is extremely hard to find in such jurisdiction in Armenia, we engage ILC for many various tasks and find them to be our valuable partners.’
‘Edith Khachatourian – Excellent responsiveness and results’
‘Edith Khachatourian is able to give us clear and prompt advice 24/7 on a wide spectrum of corporate, commercial and antitrust issues. Her advice is extremely helpful in projects we have in Armenia.’
Church of Latter-Day Saints
- Advising VMware and its subsidiary (VMware Eastern Europe LLC) in Armenia on various issues dealing with their operations in Armenia, including data privacy, employment, tax, as well as corporate governance and compliance issues.
- Acting as local counsel for EBRD on conducting legal due diligence of a target company.
- Advised Trafigura on financing and purchase transactions in Armenia.
Investment Law Group LLC
Boutique firm Investment Law Group LLC provides full-service capability on a range of practice areas, from corporate, tax and litigation to niche specialisation in the areas of energy, mining, and aviation. Key names include managing partner Artashes Kakoyan; Sayad Badalyan, an expert in the energy and natural resources space; banking and insolvency specialist Vahagn Dallakyan; and corporate partner Sevak Aleksanyan.
Arlex International Ltd
Fidelity Consulting CJSC
With a strong focus on corporate, commercial law and employment law, Fidelity Consulting CJSC is a top choice for medium-sized foreign companies looking to enter and invest in the Armenian market. The firm handles mid-sized local M&A deals and banking transactions, in addition to contentious matters in local courts. Armen Melkumyan is the firm’s managing partner and main contact.
At Grant Thornton Legal and Tax LLC, Aram Poghosyan has extensive experience of conducting due diligence, drafting of contractual agreements and assisting foreign clients with various aspects of Armenian law. He is also an experienced litigator, particularly in relation to the enforcement of intellectual property rights, and those related to employment and tax legislation. Other key figures include Hakob Tadevosyan and Tatevik Harutyunyan, who are both experienced banking and tax lawyers.
Mentor Graphics Development Services
responsAbility Investments AG
- Advising Cargill on a transaction to be concluded with an Armenian Bank and the consequences of bankruptcy of its Armenian counterparty.
- Assisted Energy Consulting Group with the registration of the client’s branch in Armenia, including representation with the state administration bodies.
- Acting for an Armenian bank on concluding a syndicated loan agreement with two other Armenian banks to finance the acquisition of the shares of an Armenian mining company by a foreign company.