Neil Long > Womble Bond Dickinson (UK) LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Womble Bond Dickinson (UK) LLP Offices
4 MORE LONDON RIVERSIDE
- Go to...
Neil is an experienced private client lawyer, with a particular specialism in trust and estate disputes. Neil advises individuals, families, charities and trustees on the validity of wills and trusts; the conduct of executors and trustees; the rights of beneficiaries; and all related issues such as mental capacity, undue influence, construction and interpretation of wills and trusts; and claims for financial provision under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975. He has extensive experience of negotiation, mediation and litigation, having conducted cases in the Family and Chancery Divisions of the High Court, the Court of Appeal and the Court of Protection. Neil also has a strong non-contentious practice advising clients on wills and inheritance tax. Neil regularly acts as executor, trustee and deputy (particularly as an independent professional in disputed cases).
Qualified Legal Executive (TLT, Bristol) 2002; qualified solicitor (GRM Law, London) 2006; joined Finers Stephens Innocent, London 2007; partner, Finers Stephens Innocent/Howard Kennedy 2013; partner, Bond Dickinson, London 2015; partner, Womble Bond Dickinson (UK) LLP on combination 2017.
Association of Contentious Trust and Probate Specialists (ACTAPS); Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP), President of The Association of Corporate Trustees (TACT) and Chair of TACT’s Private Trusts Committee.
Womble Bond Dickinson (UK) LLP’s team of dedicated practitioners draws on a wealth of experience at all levels of the court system as well as in negotiation and mediation approaches. It cooperates closely with the firm’s affiliated trust company, which is frequently appointed as independent trustee for estates and trusts involved in disputes. Practice head Neil Long is based in London, he has represented clients in the High Court, the Court of Appeal and the Court of Protection. Richard Pike, who is praised for his ‘sharp strategic instinct’ is based in Edinburgh but has been involved in trust litigation across the UK. The team gained associate Joe Kelley from Ward Hadaway LLP in May 2022.
Neil Long is a key contact at Womble Bond Dickinson (UK) LLP which fields a dedicated and experienced team that works across its London, Newcastle, Leeds and Edinburgh offices. It acts for individuals, charities and trustees (both individual and corporate trustees in the UK and offshore) and insurance companies on a full range of contentious private client matters. Will Ford is another seasoned practitioner who advises on all aspects of tax, trusts, estate and succession planning matters.
Alexander Dickinson leads the team at Womble Bond Dickinson (UK) LLP. The private wealth practice advises high-net-worth clients on the full range of private client matters both domestic and international – with a particular focus on US/UK matters. Neil Long is another key member of the department who advises large entrepreneurs who have complex business and financial interests.
- Leading individuals - London > Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Contentious trusts and probate - London > Private client
- Personal tax, trusts and probate - London > Private client
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Employment > Health and safety
- Transport > Rail
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Risk advisory > Data protection, privacy and cybersecurity
- Public sector > Education: schools
- Public sector > Local government
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Power (including electricity, nuclear and renewables)
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Industry focus > Retail and consumer
- Corporate and commercial > Commercial contracts
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Public sector > Education: institutions
- Employment > Pensions (non-contentious)
- Real estate > Commercial property: development
- Real estate > Construction: contentious
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: patents (contentious and non-contentious)
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: non-contentious/regulatory
- Real estate > Property finance
- Finance > Corporate restructuring & insolvency