James Wilson > Dentons > Edinburgh, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
15 LAURISTON PLACE
- Go to...
Banking and Finance
James is a partner in the Banking and Finance team based in Edinburgh.
He has extensive experience of advising lenders and borrowers in relation to a broad range of complex financing transactions, including in relation to property finance, acquisition finance, corporate/plc lending, funds finance and restructuring transactions.
2017 to date Partner, Banking & Finance, Dentons (formerly Maclay Murray & Spens LLP); 2016 – 2017 Director, Banking & Finance, Maclay Murray & Spens LLP; 2013 – 2015 Associate, Banking & Finance, Maclay Murray & Spens LLP; 2009 – 2013 Senior Associate, Banking & Finance, Allens / Allens Linklaters; 2008 – 2009 Overseas Practitioner, Banking & Finance, Allens; 2005 – 2007 Associate, Banking & Finance, Slaughter and May; 2003 – 2005 Trainee Banking & Finance/Technology Media and Telecommunications/Intellectual Property/Corporate, Slaughter and May
Admitted as a solicitor in New South Wales 2009; Admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales 2005; LPC at BPP Law School 2003; Oxford University BA (Hons) Jurisprudence 2002
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Finance > Investment funds
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Projects
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Construction
- Employment > Employment
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy (excluding oil and gas)
- Real estate > Environment
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment