Stuart Fitzsimmons > Dentons > Glasgow, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
1 GEORGE SQUARE
- Go to...
Banking and Finance
Stuart is a partner in the Banking & Finance practice, advising on transactions across the UK and internationally.
He has specific experience in advising on all types of corporate banking transactions including International Acquisition/Leveraged Finance, Oil & Gas Financing, Renewable Energy Financing, Project Finance, Technology and Growth Finance, Real Estate Investment and Development Financing, Joint Venture Funding, and General Corporate Debt.
Stuart’s experience in acting for a wide range of banks, other funders and investors, and corporate borrowers, as well as having completed secondments in the banking industry, gives him a detailed knowledge of clients’ preferred requirements and an ability to provide clear, commercial and proactive advice.
Stuart has recently acted for Aviva, Bank of America, Bank of Scotland, Barclays Bank, Clydesdale Bank, DVB Bank, HSBC Bank, Lloyds Bank, a leading international bank, Santander, The Scottish Loan Fund, Silicon Valley Bank, Aberdeen Asset Management plc, Aberdeen Private Equity Fund, AGR Group, Baxters Food Group, Biofilm Limited, British Polythene Industries plc, Burn Stewart Distillers, The Combination of Rothes Distillers, Devro plc, Edinburgh Investment Trust plc, The Edinburgh Woollen Mill Group, The Edrington Group, Maven Capital Partners, Muirden Energy, Robert Wiseman Dairies, Robertson Group, Scottish Equity Partners, and Scottish Enterprise.
Trained Maclay Murray & Spens LLP; qualified 2005; assistant solicitor Maclay Murray & Spens 2005-07; senior solicitor 2007-09; Lloyds Banking Group secondment 2009; associate Maclay Murray & Spens 2010-12; partner Dentons 2012 to date.
Glasgow University (2002 LLB (Hons)); Glasgow Graduate School of Law (2003 Diploma).
Football; golf; music.
Dentons is noted for its track record in domestic and international mandates spanning areas such as acquisition finance, project and infrastructure finance, real estate finance and asset finance. It is also well regarded for its securitisation work, and is also known for its expertise in derivatives, debt capital markets and financial regulatory matters. The team is led by Susan Kelly, who is adept at advising both lender and borrower clients, and is continuing to develop her debt fund practice. Stuart Fitzsimmons is recommended for asset-based lending, renewable energy financing work and real estate finance transactions.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Real estate > Environment
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Finance > Investment funds
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Projects
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Construction
- Employment > Employment
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy (excluding oil and gas)
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Professional negligence