Brian Hugh Moore > Dentons > Edinburgh, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
15 LAURISTON PLACE
- Go to...
Brian Hugh Moore
Corporate and Financial Services
Brian is a Corporate partner in the Firm’s Edinburgh office and has been with the Firm since 1997. He has broad experience of a wide range of UK and international corporate and commercial work, and specialises in public and private M&A and equity capital markets transactions. He is also a Reporter to the Court of Session in Scotland in respect of company schemes of arrangement and reduction schemes, cross-border mergers, Part VII insurance, and banking business and ring-fencing transfer schemes. Brian is dual qualified in Scotland and in England and Wales, and is particularly active in the food and beverage, industrials and real estate sectors.
Research assistant with Scottish Law Commission (Summer 1996); trained Maclay Murray & Spens; qualified Scotland 1999; qualified England 2004; associate Maclay Murray & Spens 2004; seconded to Clyde Blowers 2005; partner 2008.
Forrester High School, Edinburgh; University of Dundee (1996 LLB (Hons); 1997 Dip LP).
Football; golf; cycling; reading; travel.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Dentons‘ Scotland corporate offering, which dates back to its 2017 takeover of Maclay Murray & Spens, handles high-value domestic and international deals for leading businesses, fund managers, investors and lenders. Key areas of focus for the firm include public and private M&A, private equity and venture capital, corporate restructurings and equity capital markets work. The team is headed by Brian Moore and Iain Sutherland, both of whom have considerable transactional experience. Derek McCombe handles corporate finance transactions, and equity and debt fundraisings. Senior associate Owen McLennan is recommended for work in the financial services industry. Former Maclays chairman Michael Livingston and fellow partner Gordon Hobkirk have both recently retired.
- Leading individuals - Scotland > Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow - Scotland > Corporate and commercial
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Finance > Investment funds
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Projects
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Construction
- Employment > Employment
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy (excluding oil and gas)
- Real estate > Environment
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment