Susan Kelly > Dentons > Edinburgh, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
15 LAURISTON PLACE
- Go to...
Banking and Finance
Susan joined Dentons (formerly MMS) in 1991 and was assumed as a Partner on 1 December 1998. Susan works with firm’s Banking & Finance department and handles a wide range of banking and finance work across the UK and Europe including acquisition finance, property finance, plc/corporate lending and Pan-European finance.
Trained Dentons (formerly Maclay Murray & Spens); qualified 1993; assistant solicitor Maclay Murray & Spens 1993-96; Bank of Scotland, six-month secondment to legal services department 1994; associate 1996-98; partner Dentons 1998 to date; member of court, Strathclyde University 2014 to date.
Strathclyde University (1990 LLB; 1991 diploma).
Opera; theatre; antiques; skiing.
Lawyer Rankings(Hall of Fame)
Leveraging its international network, Dentons is well equipped to handle large international mandates for both borrower and lender clients. The practice has a broad spectrum of expertise, which includes handling acquisition finance issues, general lending work, renewables and project financings, real estate finance work, securitisations and structured finance matters. It has recently been advising a number of clients on the UK government’s Covid-19 lending schemes. Edinburgh-based Susan Kelly heads up the Scottish banking team and counts a number of large corporations on her client roster.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Finance > Investment funds
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Projects
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Construction
- Employment > Employment
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy (excluding oil and gas)
- Real estate > Environment
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment