Arish Bharucha > Howard Kennedy LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Howard Kennedy LLP Offices
NO.1 LONDON BRIDGE
- Go to...
Arish Bharucha is a leading Solicitor-Advocate who focuses on international arbitration, commercial litigation and civil fraud disputes. He chairs the firm’s India group and has strong personal and professional links with the country.
Arish advises international and domestic clients on a range of high value and complex contentious matters.
He acts on a wide array of commercial disputes in English seated arbitrations (under the LCIA, ICC, SIAC and UNCITRAL rules) and in the English Courts, including cases involving civil fraud, breaches of fiduciary duty, complex contractual claims, negligence claims, economic torts, shareholder, joint venture and partnership disputes, and jurisdictional battles (amongst others). Arish advises on cases across many industry sectors including commodities, technology, energy, banking and financial services, engineering and pharmaceuticals.
Arish advises clients (both corporates and individuals) from all over the world and most of his cases have an international dimension. He has a particular interest in, and focus on, India-related disputes and spearheads the firm’s India group. He visits India regularly to develop and maintain the firm’s connections there. Arish is also dual qualified as a lawyer in Delhi.
Prior to joining Howard Kennedy, Arish trained at, and was an Associate in the Litigation & Arbitration Division of, a large international firm and subsequently practised at a specialist dispute resolution firm.
Arish read Law and History at Trinity College, Cambridge, where he was awarded the Lizette Bentwich prize for law. Arish also has an LLM in Law from University College London, where he was awarded the Chief Justice Scholarship.
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Art and cultural property
- Public sector > Civil liberties and human rights
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment (including media finance)
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Private prosecutions
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime (advice to individuals)
- Industry focus > Hospitality and leisure
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- Corporate and commercial > Partnership
- Real estate > Property litigation
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Reputation management
- Real estate > Residential property
- Corporate and commercial > Commercial contracts
- Real estate > Commercial property: corporate occupiers
- Private client > Family
- Real estate > Planning
- Dispute resolution > Professional discipline
- Real estate > Commercial property: development
- Employment > Employers
- Real estate > Property finance
- Employment > Immigration
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport