Dominic Offord > Howard Kennedy LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Howard Kennedy LLP Offices
NO.1 LONDON BRIDGE
- Go to...
Commercial Dispute Resolution
Dominic Offord heads Howard Kennedy’s Commercial Disputes Resolution team and represents clients on high-profile and multi-jurisdictional insolvency/ fraud cases.
Dominic advises local and foreign Insolvency Practitioners, as well as, creditors and directors in a wide range of insolvency claims ranging from misfeasance to antecedent transactions and enforcing security. He also works closely with Howard Kennedy’s experts in criminal and regulatory investigations and, where cases are high profile, his reputational management colleagues.
Dominic regularly speaks at domestic and international conferences on issues in insolvency and civil fraud. He has helped shape the law on cross-border insolvency by representing clients in the appellant courts. During his career Dominic has successfully assisted clients recover billions of dollars.
Dominic is a member of R3 Association of Business Recovery professionals, the Fraud Lawyers Association and the Insolvency Lawyers Association.
Housing ‘seasoned litigators who know how to win‘, Howard Kennedy LLP‘s commercial litigation team has a significant track record in complex, cross-border disputes and High Court cases that set new precedents for novel legal issues. Dominic Offord is ‘an outstanding group head and litigator‘; Joel Leigh‘s practice covers claims arising from partnership and shareholder disputes, insolvency and regulatory scenarios, and professional negligence-related litigation; Duncan Bagshaw is an expert in Africa-related energy disputes; and India group chair Arish Bharucha is ‘a polished performer‘. At legal director level, James Wingfield and Ayesha Salim both act in major commercial disputes.
‘A good and reliable team in the finance and insolvency sphere’, Howard Kennedy LLP combines ‘intellectual rigour and commercial practicality’ on behalf of office holders, directors, lenders and creditors engaged in contentious and non-contentious matters. Team head Vernon Dennis ‘maintains an incredible focus on current and future issues’ and ‘delivers results’ for IPs, particularly on matters within the retail and real estate sectors. Tim Bignell is ‘a strategic thinker who has unrivalled experience in the insolvency field’, and alongside Dominic Offord excels at handling insolvency litigation.
- Commercial litigation: mid-market London > Dispute resolution
- Corporate restructuring & insolvency London > Finance
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Art and cultural property
- Public sector > Civil liberties and human rights
- Real estate > Construction: contentious
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: Smaller Deals, £10m-£100m
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media: Film & TV
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media: Theatre, publishing and other media
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Private prosecutions
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general
- Private client > Family
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime (advice to individuals)
- Corporate and commercial > Partnership
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Power (including electricity, nuclear and renewables)
- Real estate > Property litigation
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Reputation management
- Real estate > Residential property
- Corporate and commercial > Commercial contracts
- Real estate > Commercial property: corporate occupiers
- Industry focus > Hospitality and leisure
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media: Advertising & marketing
- Real estate > Planning
- Dispute resolution > Professional discipline
- Real estate > Commercial property: development
- Employment > Employers
- Employment > Immigration
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- Real estate > Property finance
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Finance > Corporate restructuring & insolvency