McCann FitzGerald LLP’s equity capital markets practice has a track record handling the full range of corporate transactions for financial institutions, corporate issuers, investment managers and investors. Specializing exclusively in Irish law, the group is skilled in IPOs, public offerings, restructurings and corporate governance issues, with key contact Éamon Ó Cúiv advising on debt capital markets and corporate lending work. Also of note is Hugh Beattie whose practice focuses on finance and funds management matters. He is also experienced in financial regulation.
Irish firms in London in London
Eamon O Cuiv; Hugh Beattie
- Advised the Department of Enterprise, Trade and Employment on the establishment and continued operation of the COVID-19 Credit Guarantee Scheme.
- Advised Hammerson on its €700m issuance of sustainability-linked bonds, and on its successful listing on the main market for listed securities of Euronext Dublin.
- Advised Datalex plc, a leading provider of digital retail technology to the airline industry on its €25m fundraising by cornerstone placing, firm placing and placing and open offer and its associated migration from the official list of Euronext Dublin to Euronext Growth.
William Fry has an ‘excellent’ practice that is singled out for its strength in sustainable financial disclosure regulations (SFDR) and handles a steady stream of corporate mandates. Overseen by Ivor Banim, who has a transactional record spanning over two decades, the team has demonstrable strength in M&A, ECM, IPOs and asset management matters for major financial institutions and private equity houses. Brian Butterwick advises on public and private mergers while Matthew Cahill, who heads the structured finance practice, excels in capital markets transactions and securitization work. Also of note is Lorena Dunne, who has expertise advising on EU sustainable finance regulation for both domestic and international asset managers. ESG work is also a main area of activity. The team further bolstered its senior headcount in London with the hire of Liam Arthur, who joined from Proskauer Rose LLP.
Other key lawyers:
Lorena Dunne; Matthew Cahill
‘William Fry are always available and provide a dedicated team to our business. They are excellent at keeping us informed of upcoming regulations and I think they are particularly strong on the Sustainable Finance Disclosure Regulations (SFDR) which is a significant piece of regulation for the industry.’
‘The attention to detail is excellent and we can be confident in the advice we receive. The team are always responsive to any ad hoc queries we may have. Lorena Dunne is particularly strong – we value her contribution to our business.’
‘Ivor Banim is extremely responsive and commercial. Lorena Dunne is utterly charming and smart to boot.’
‘We work principally with Matthew Cahill and his team and highly value the depth of knowledge and experience that Matthew brings coupled with his pragmatic and commercial approach.’
Edwards Lifesciences plc
York Capital Management
Lazard Asset Management
Mayfair Equity Partners
Barclays Bank plc
U and I Group PLC (formerly Development Securities plc)
RBC Capital Markets
Yew Grove REIT
Pollen Street Capital
August Equity Partners
Gresham House Asset Management
Clayton Dubilier & Rice
New Mountain Capital
Wealth at Work Group
- Advised IBM on the Irish aspects of its $19bn reorganisation and spinout whereby IBM separated its Managed Infrastructure Services unit of its Global Technology Services division into a new public company.
- Advising Irish headquartered NAC Group in relation to its restructuring of its $6.8bn debt.
- Advised CD&R, the US private investment firm, on all Irish law aspects of its recommended cash offer for UDG Healthcare plc, a global leader in healthcare advisory, communications, commercial, clinical and packaging services.
A&L Goodbody LLP