Our intellectual property & digital team advises French and international clients in all aspects related to the protection, valuation, enforcement and defense of their intangible assets:
- Trademarks, designs and domain names::
- court litigation and IP Offices litigation in matters related to French, EU and international trademarks and international designs, before all French judicial courts and the French (INPI) and EU (EUIPO) IP Offices;
- litigation in matters related to the use and usurpation of domain names (cybersquatting);
- anti-piracy and anti-counterfeit programs;
- drafting and negotiation of all agreements pertaining to exploitation, validity/existence and title/ownership of industrial property titles;
- clearances, supervision of use investigations and awareness surveys, portfolios audits;
- comprehensive portfolio management service.
- Learn more about our full-service Trademark offer
- search and seizures, patent infringement and/or cancellation lawsuits, compensation for the consequences of an interim injunction prohibiting the exploitation of a patented product (strict liability regime), actions claiming ownership;
- drafting and negotiation of R&D, transfer, license, co-ownership, etc. agreements;
- management of inventions made by employees.
- Copyright and media:
- copyright and neighboring rights infringement claims, including moral rights violation claims;
- contract enforcement and breach of contract litigation;
- royalties rate-setting litigation;
- drafting and negotiation of copyright, AV production, financing and distribution (including online) agreements;
- anti-counterfeit programs;
- rights audits;
- validation of advertising campaigns;
- image rights and defamation pre-litigation and litigation
The Intellectual Property & Digital Law team is featured in Chambers Global and Europe, Legal 500, Décideurs, Best Lawyers and IP Stars.
The team is a member of the international associations INTA (International Trademark Association) and MARQUES.
Awards and Recognition
LEGAL 500 EMEA 2022 - IP : Trade marks and designs - Tier 2
The IP team at ADVANT Altana represents French and international clients in trade mark litigation and cross-border disputes. Its broad scope of IP work includes the protection and valuation of trade marks, domain names, and designs, as well as IP enforcement before places such as the French and European Trademark Offices. Additionally, the team is highly experienced in trade mark portfolio management, alternative dispute resolution methods, and commercial IP arbitration. Practice co-chair Pierre Lubet is a highly experienced IP/IT litigator and often acts for clients in the manufacturing and luxury brand industries. He works alongside co-chair Jean-Guy de Ruffray, a specialist in IP litigation. He also represents clients regarding data protection law, copyright law, and patent litigation.
LEGAL 500 EMEA 2022 - IP : Copyright - Tier 3
ADVANT Altana is particularly known for its work in the technology, media and publishing sectors, where it advises on the negotiation and drafting of licensing and distribution agreements as well as on the protection and exploitation of publishing, image and neighbouring rights. Through close cooperation with a network of international firms, the practice is also equipped to assist clients with cross-border issues. Co-heads Pierre Lubet and Jean-Guy de Ruffray are key contacts for litigious and non-contentious matters.
LEGAL 500 EMEA 2022 - IP : Patents- Tier 4
ADVANT Altana’s IP team assists French and foreign clients with all aspects of protecting and using their intangible assets. The group's litigation practice includes search and seizures, infringement litigation and interim injunctions. The transactional practice includes stand-alone licensing matters, including co-ownership agreements, and the management of employee inventions. Armand Aviges, Pierre Lubet and Jean-Guy de Ruffray head the practice.
Palmarès du Droit 2022 - Le Monde du Droit
Droit des Brevets - Rang 2
IP STARS 2022
Trade mark contentious