Christine Julien > Chambers of George Coates > Guildford, England > Lawyer Profile
Guildford Chambers Offices
STOKE HOUSE, LEAPALE LANE
- Go to...
- Christine has specialized in all areas of family law for the past 20 years. She has been recognised in the Legal 500 since 2012 as a leading junior in the field of Children law and is recommended for her care work.
- She has a wide range of experience of public law cases acting for parents, children and Local authorities. She regularly acts in both high court and protracted county court cases.
- She has considerable experience acting in care cases concerning: non accidental injuries (including acting for parents in a number of “shaken baby” cases involving serious brain injuries); neglect; emotional harm; sexual and physical abuse; interjurisdictional cases, substance abuse, cultural issues, learning difficulties and mental health issues.
- She is experienced in contact and residence disputes, domestic violence, relocation cases, international child abduction and adoption.
- She regularly delivers lectures on the public law.
Called 1991; Inner Temple.
Norwegian (fluent), French (conversational).
Family Law Bar Association.
University of Liverpool (LLB (Hons)); Council of Legal Education (1990 Bar Qualification).
Tennis, skiing, travel, reading.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading Juniors: Child Law (Public and Private))Ranked: Tier 2
Christine Julien –Guildford Chambers ‘Christine has real attention to detail and thoroughly prepares cases. She is an expert at cross-examination and great at building an effective working relationship with the client.’