Alex O'Connor > Collyer Bristow LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Collyer Bristow LLP Offices
St Martin’s Court
10 Paternoster Row
- Go to...
Partner – specialising in developments, secured financing, energy centre leases, joint ventures, profit sharing and overage arrangements and the acquisition, disposal and financing of investment property.
Alex is a Partner in our Commercial real estate team specifically acting for developers, housing associations, property funds, property investors, Banks, energy companies, accountants and administrators of distressed properties. He deals with all types of
commercial property transactions, in particular mixed use property developments, secured financing, energy centre leases, joint ventures, profit sharing and overage arrangements and the acquisition, disposal and financing of investment property. Whether you are a PLC or a niche developer, he can help you assemble a site, deal with the financing and its disposal.
- Linklaters, 1991-1997; Trainee for the first 2 years and then solicitors for remaining years
- Cripps Harris Hall, 1997-1999; Associate Solicitor
- Norton Rose, 1999-2005; Senior Solicitor
- McGrigors, 2005-2011; Partner and Head of London Real Estate
- Collyer Bristow, 2011 – present; Partner and Head of Development Team
English and Afrikaans
Alex is a member of the Law Society, the City of Property Association and the Homebuilders Federation.
- Michaelhouse, South Africa – 1979 to 1983
- Rhodes University: BA Hons – 1984 to 1987
- College of Law (Chancery Lane) – CPE – 1988 to 1989
- Law Society Finals – 1989 to 1990
- Admitted as a solicitor in 1993
- MA from Birkbeck University – 2003-2004
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Commercial property: corporate occupiers
- Real estate > Commercial property: development
- Private client > Family
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation: investment and retail
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Property finance