Claire Nelson > Wedlake Bell LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Wedlake Bell LLP Offices
71 QUEEN VICTORIA STREET
- Go to...
Claire is a partner who regularly deals with the acquisition, disposal, funding and management of real estate investment assets within the UK and is often involved in complex and tax-driven multi-jurisdictional property structures, financing and tax mitigation arrangements.
She specialises in investment, acting both for landlords with large portfolios on all their management needs, and conversely, on the corporate occupier side, she has also built up a following of private equity companies and investment managers in dealing with their office moves. This allows her to see both sides and enables her to cut through unnecessary arguments, saving time and money for clients.
Claire has a reputation for ‘getting the deal done’ and tenaciously leads teams through transactions, advising in many sectors including offices and retail. She has a wide range of clients including high profile individuals, family offices, private and public companies.
Her recent experience includes: Purchase of mixed use midtown freehold (offices/retail) with 10 day exchange period which began on 23 December for circa £40m. The team worked tirelessly to hit the deadline over the holiday period. Sale of midtown office block for circa £13m again with 10 day exchange deadline successfully achieved.Refinance of iconic London mixed use building worth in excess of £400m.Completed all pre-lets on refurbished Central London property with main tenant having rent in excess of £2m. All pre-lets at an iconic mixed-use London building including a hotel, offices and retail, whch included a lease with rental in excess of £10m per annum.The re-gearing of a hotel and retail lease to Travelodge with rent in excess of £4.5m for a 30 year term. Purchase of an office building subject to a number of leases on Grays Inn Road for c. £40m. Purchase of property for redevelopment in Soho Square for £29m.
Advising on the termination of all lettings of a building on Chancery Lane with subsequent refurbishment and pre-lets to include 15 year leases to a set of barristers chambers and household name retailers.
Claire joined Wedlake Bell in June 2015. She qualified at Wollastons LLP (now Birketts LLP) and spent five years there as a Senior Associate. She then joined Rosenblatt Solicitors where she was a Partner for six years before moving to head up the Real Estate team at DWFM Beckman in 2012.
LLB, University of Liverpool.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Real estate > Property finance
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- Real estate > Commercial property: corporate occupiers
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Residential property
- Real estate > Commercial property: investment
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Corporate and commercial > VAT and indirect tax
- Real estate > Commercial property: development
- Real estate > Construction: non-contentious
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: civil
- Employment > Senior executives
- Real estate > Construction: contentious
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- Employment > Pensions (non-contentious)
- Employment > Employers