Joe Levin > Watson Farley & Williams LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Watson Farley & Williams LLP Offices
15 APPOLD STREET
- Go to...
PARTNER IN THE ENERGY GROUP
Joe advises lenders and sponsors on a number of project finance, acquisition finance, reserve base lending and other structured financings and has a particularly impressive track record in the upstream oil and gas sector, advising E&P companies and both multilateral and commercial lenders.
Joe advises on transactions across Europe and Africa including the UK North Sea, Egypt, Morocco, Nigeria and Ghana.
He is recommended for his trade finance and oil and gas expertise by The Legal 500 UK styling him “very reactive, efficient and pragmatic”.
Watson Farley & Williams LLP has ‘a friendly team with the ability to advise on a range of trade finance matters across different commodity areas, providing consistently strong service levels‘. The firm frequently advises banks, trading houses and independent companies on transactions in the commodity and upstream finance space. It is particularly strong in the energy sector, due to its experience in mining, metals, soft commodities, oil and gas and other relevant markets. Lead partner Joe Levin is ‘a solution-focused and adaptable finance partner with trade finance expertise across numerous jurisdictions, and he takes a commercial approach to help ensure deals close‘. Senior associate Jordan Joannides is another name to note. Head of the mining and commodities group Jan Mellmann and head of the global oil and gas practice Chris Kilburn are heavily involved in the practice.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Real estate > Environment
- Finance > Transport finance and leasing
- Dispute resolution > Commodities disputes
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Power (including electricity, nuclear and renewables)
- Industry focus > Hospitality and leisure
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: lower mid-market deals, £50m-£500m
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Oil and gas
- Transport > Shipping
- Finance > Trade finance
- Transport > Aviation
- Real estate > Construction: contentious
- Real estate > Construction: non-contentious
- Corporate and commercial > Equity capital markets – small-mid cap
- Employment > Immigration
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Mining and minerals
- Real estate > Planning
- Corporate and commercial > Private equity: transactions - mid-market deals (up to £250m)
- Transport > Rail
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Employment > Employers
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Real estate > Property finance