Michael Corbett > Slaughter and May > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Slaughter and May Offices
ONE BUNHILL ROW
- Go to...
Corporate and M&A
Michael is the Co-Head of our Infrastructure & Energy Group (I&E). He has a broad corporate and corporate finance practice, which includes public and private M&A transactions, complex corporate and commercial transactions (including business transformation projects), joint ventures, equity offerings, corporate governance and company advisory matters.
Michael has previously been seconded to JP Morgan Chase and to GE Real Estate.
Joined Slaughter and May in 2001. Partner since 2011.
German and French – basic conversational.
University of Oxford (MA Geography); College of Law (CPE and LPC).
Skiing, tennis, diving, freeman of the vintners’ company.
London > Projects, energy and natural resources > Power (including electricity, nuclear and renewables)
Magic circle firm Slaughter and May is renowned for its transactional capabilities, regularly handling complex, business-critical transactions for infrastructure, energy and natural resources clients. Jointly led by Hywel Davies and Michael Corbett, the practice has a strong corporate focus, as well as notable expertise in renewables. Project finance lawyer Azadeh Nassiri is a core member of the group, as is projects expert Richard Todd. Newly promoted partner Oliver Moir has a real estate focus to his energy practice and is recommended for large-scale project developments in the natural resources space. The group also has vast regulatory experience.
Slaughter and May‘s oil and gas practice, which is jointly led by Hywel Davies and Michael Corbett, stands out in large M&A and private equity transactions. Clients also benefit from the expertise of project finance expert Steven Galbraith, who has over 30 years of experience in the industry.
Known for advising on high-value infrastructure projects and transactions, Slaughter and May works across the key areas of transport, energy and renewables, regulated networks, transmission, pipelines, storage and construction. As well as working on UK matters, the firm provides reach and expertise on international mandates. Hywel Davies advises on a range of corporate and commercial transactions, with particular experience in public and private M&A, private equity transactions and equity financings related to infrastructure, energy and natural resources. He co-leads the team with corporate and finance specialist Michael Corbett, who focuses on public and private M&A transactions, equity offerings, joint ventures, corporate governance and company advisory matters within the infrastructure sector.
- Leading individuals - London > Projects, energy and natural resources > Infrastructure
- Infrastructure - London > Projects, energy and natural resources
- Oil and gas - London > Projects, energy and natural resources
- Power (including electricity, nuclear and renewables) - London > Projects, energy and natural resources
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Bank lending: investment grade debt and syndicated loans
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation: investment and retail
- Dispute resolution > Competition litigation
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Employment > Employee share schemes
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: non-contentious/regulatory
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Fintech
- Insurance > Insurance: corporate and regulatory
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: upper mid-market and premium deals, £500m+
- Employment > Pensions (non-contentious)
- Risk advisory > Regulatory investigations and corporate crime (advice to corporates)
- Dispute resolution > Tax litigation and investigations
- Corporate and commercial > Commercial contracts
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: premium
- Real estate > Commercial property: corporate occupiers
- Real estate > Commercial property: development
- Finance > Debt capital markets
- Corporate and commercial > Equity capital markets – mid-large cap
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: contentious
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Infrastructure
- Industry focus > Life sciences and healthcare
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Oil and gas
- Employment > Pensions: dispute resolution
- Industry focus > TMT
- Real estate > Commercial property: investment
- Real estate > Construction: non-contentious
- Finance > Corporate restructuring & insolvency
- Finance > Derivatives and structured products
- Employment > Employers
- Real estate > Environment
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: civil
- Corporate and commercial > International business reorganisations
- Investment fund formation and management > Listed funds
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Power (including electricity, nuclear and renewables)
- Industry focus > Retail and consumer
- Finance > Securitisation
- Finance > Acquisition finance
- Insurance > Insurance and reinsurance litigation
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- Real estate > Property finance
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- Real estate > Planning
- Corporate and commercial > Private equity: transactions – high-value deals (£250m+)
- Finance > Transport finance and leasing