Jonathan Thornton > Russell-Cooke LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Russell-Cooke LLP Offices
2 PUTNEY HILL
- Go to...
Corporate and commercial
Jonathan Thornton is head of the corporate and commercial team. A hugely experienced, empathetic, and skilled practitioner, he deals with acquisitions and disposals, company reorganisations, corporate finance, banking arrangements and funding rounds, as well as shareholder, partnership and LLP agreements.
Trained Russell-Cooke, Potter & Chapman; qualified 1988; partner 1991; notary public.
Northampton School for Boys; Merton College, Oxford (MA).
Noted for its strong focus on start-ups and the technology sector, Russell-Cooke LLP is lauded by clients for its ‘breadth of knowledge’ and ‘speed of engagement’. Practice head Jonathan Thornton – who draws praise for his ‘eye for detail’ – specialises in high-value share and business sales and joint ventures. Emma Shipp is rated for her ‘incredible attention to detail’ and ‘calm’ manner.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Court of protection
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general
- Public sector > Education: individuals
- Private client > Family
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Professional discipline
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Employment > Immigration
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Employment > Senior executives
- Real estate > Social housing: tenant
- Public sector > Administrative and public law
- Real estate > Commercial property: corporate occupiers
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: Smaller Deals, £10m-£100m
- Insurance > Personal injury: claimant
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime (advice to individuals)
- Real estate > Planning
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport