Graham French > Russell-Cooke LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Russell-Cooke LLP Offices
2 PUTNEY HILL
- Go to...
Property litigation; housing (both social and private sector) litigation and ancillary advisory work.
Until retiring as a partner in November 2019, in addition to the Grenfell cases he concentrated on residential and commercial property disputes, landlord & tenant, housing, public law and related contractual disputes. He covered all aspects of property and housing litigation acting for landlords, tenants and tenant’s organisations. Graham also worked for housing associations, co-operatives, tenant management organisations and other public and voluntary sector bodies.
He joined Russell-Cooke as a partner in September 2015 following the merger of Alan Edwards & Co and Russell-Cooke.
- Admitted as a solicitor January 1984
- Alan Edwards & Co. 1985 (as Partner, 1986) to 2015
- Deputy District Judge (County Court) since 1998
- Member of the Civil Justice Council Working Party on property disputes
Very basic Spanish and French
Housing Law Practitioners Association
Property Litigation Association
Undergraduate Degree in Law – Leeds Polytechnic 1977; MPhil Criminology, Clare Hall College, Cambridge University – 1978
Russell-Cooke LLP‘s social housing team is actively involved in the Grenfell inquiry, and the firm has developed a specialism in cladding and building fire-safety. ‘Vastly experienced’ senior associate Caroline Brosnan and ‘tremendously efficient‘ associate Jodie Green have played key roles in the firm’s Grenfell work, as well as supervising the team’s Legal Aid matters alongside consultant Matilda Rubens. In 2022, the group used Legal Aid funding to appeal homelessness decisions in the County Court, challenge housing suitability through judicial reviews, and to defend possession and injunction proceedings. The team provides advisory and litigation support to vulnerable clients, and to housing co-operatives, a role Brosnan has taken over from Graham French since his move to consultancy.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Court of protection
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general
- Public sector > Education: individuals
- Private client > Family
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Professional discipline
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Employment > Immigration
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Employment > Senior executives
- Real estate > Social housing: tenant
- Public sector > Administrative and public law
- Real estate > Commercial property: corporate occupiers
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: Smaller Deals, £10m-£100m
- Insurance > Personal injury: claimant
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime (advice to individuals)
- Real estate > Planning
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport