John Annetts > Howard Kennedy LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Howard Kennedy LLP Offices
NO.1 LONDON BRIDGE
- Go to...
John Annetts specialises in the administration of high-value and complex estates, often containing business assets and offshore elements. He is also a Chartered Tax Advisor acting for UK individuals and families on their tax and succession planning.
John guides executors through the practical complexities of the administration of estates process. As part of his estate administration work, John advises on post-death planning and tax mitigation opportunities using deeds of variation and the restructuring of assets, for example, private company shareholdings.
John acts for high-net-worth individuals and families on their lifetime UK tax and estate planning, which often involves preparing complex wills and creating trusts to fully utilise various tax exemptions and reliefs and to protect family assets for future generations.
John advises UK trustees and beneficiaries on both trust law and taxation issues related to the general administration of trusts and the exercise of the trustees’ powers.
He listens carefully to clients’ wishes and concerns, and formulates tailored strategies to implement estate plans that take into account all the various competing issues.
He also deals with matters involving the Office of the Public Guardian, including preparing and registering lasting powers of attorney.
John is a member of the Chartered Institute of Taxation, the Association of Tax Technicians, and the Private Client Section of the Law Society.
Liz Palmer leads a ‘very experienced’ team at Howard Kennedy LLP that advises wealthy families, entrepreneurs, property owners and artists/performers about how to manage family wealth across the generations. Simon Malkiel heads the trusts, tax and estate planning team. John Annetts is another key member of the group who heads the administration of estates team. It has been adding to the ranks at a senior level too with the addition of Melissa Doorman who provides family governance advice to families and their businesses. Reshmi Manekporia is particularly recognised for her experience in Sharia-based wealth planning.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Art and cultural property
- Public sector > Civil liberties and human rights
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment (including media finance)
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Private prosecutions
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime (advice to individuals)
- Industry focus > Hospitality and leisure
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- Corporate and commercial > Partnership
- Real estate > Property litigation
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Reputation management
- Real estate > Residential property
- Corporate and commercial > Commercial contracts
- Real estate > Commercial property: corporate occupiers
- Private client > Family
- Real estate > Planning
- Dispute resolution > Professional discipline
- Real estate > Commercial property: development
- Employment > Employers
- Real estate > Property finance
- Employment > Immigration
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport